14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by JBScar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider plugger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 14 years ago

I've ordered enough LEDs to replace all the bulbs under the playfield. That should give me an idea of what I like and what i don't, and also give me a way to experiment with the lighting on top of the playfield to see what works there.

I'm thinking that I may well end up with a mixture of incandescent and LED lights, as I'm not sure that in every position "brighter" is going to be "better". We'll see. I know that around the home when I find fluorescent lighting a bit harsh by itself, it can really help to soften things by mixing in incandescent with fluorescent lighting. I'm wondering whether this too will be the case with the pin, particularly on the top of the playfield.

We shall see... the trial-and-error experimentation is part of the fun!

#6 14 years ago

Actually, while I'm spending money on pinball, I'm not spending money on my other more expensive hobbies (cars and guitars), so it's probably cheaper in the long run...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider plugger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-led-bulbs?tu=plugger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.