Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sosage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

How does it fit in with my line up? TZ...shadow...tftc...sm...lotr...rbion....tspp...i herd its real fast and want another fast game in the line up.

#2 11 years ago

It is relentlessly fast. I was told that I would welcome the break the hand gives you and I scoffed...it is welcome!

#3 11 years ago

And I believe it would fit well...and
I think you should sell me your RBION

#4 11 years ago

rbion is not going anywere lol

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

How does it fit in with my line up? TZ...Shadow...tftc...sm...lotr...rbion....tspp...i herd its real fast and want another fast game in the line up.

It definitely fits into your lineup well. You have a lot of variety there. You may also want to consider Getaway which is really good for speed and flow.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

consider Getaway which is really good for speed and flow.

yes

#7 11 years ago

If your looking for a fast pin JM will fit the bill for sure especially with white rubbers on it. The glove while cool at first slows it down and gets a little old after a while. That said, I think it is a fun pin and one of the fastest.

#9 11 years ago

I have one and I love it..................super fast! I might be selling it to. PM Me if you are interested.

#10 11 years ago

Love my JM. Some of the coolest toys ever designed for a game. Get tic-tact-toe for multiball and watch the 3 balls come at you from 3 places. Very addictive.

#11 11 years ago

My first pin and still one of my favorites.

At first, you'll love the speed and fury of the fast orbits and ramp returns. Then you'll learn the fun of the glove / matrix combo that is actually a cool memory game. Then you'll learn "how deep the rabbit hole goes" and discover the multiple layers of strategy in that matrix and the rest of the table.

I absolutely adore this game and don't ever see parting with it....

Later,
EV

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If your looking for a fast pin JM will fit the bill for sure especially with white rubbers on it. The glove while cool at first slows it down and gets a little old after a while. That said, I think it is a fun pin and one of the fastest.

I can of like the memory game the glove is used for.
You definately have to pay attention.

#13 11 years ago

GREAT game, I sold it to my friend as I needed some room for other pinballs coming in soon and he loved it as well. Wouldn't have let it go away far, at least I still know where I can go play it now. Seriously one of the faster games I have ever played, minus the occasional hand break.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I sold it to my friend

*GASP!

LOL

#15 11 years ago

I know right! Like I said I wasn't letting it out of my "circle", him and I will trade it back again at some point I am sure and I am always at his place so I'll be playing plenty of it still.

I have an IJ coming in soon and just bought X-men as well. I was flat out of room

#16 11 years ago

I have 3 people "near" me that we do much the same with our games. They have the more expensive collections so I feel great about keeping these guys in my good graces..

#17 11 years ago

Fun to play. Matrix/Hand is cool toy. Very fast. I liked it ok.

Got rid of mine because (points-wise) all that makes sense to do in the game is go for Spinner Millions and 4x-Hold-4x. It's weighted so heavily, the rules of the game really don't matter at all. You can literally have a decent Spinner Millions round, 4x-Hold Bonus it. Then 4x on your next ball and you'll be at around 40-50 Bil...that's on ball 1 or 2. If you don't, and have a great total game on all the modes, multiballs, power down and totally kill the machine and you'll only have around 15-20 Bil.

Nothing in the game holds any real value from a points perspective except Spinner Millions w the multipliers. With a software rev, the game would be a lot more interesting and balanced.

#18 11 years ago

It is fun, sometime miss mine for sure

#19 11 years ago

powerdown ROCKS

#20 11 years ago

Fast game for sure...not the best theme, sounds, or art imo. The glove is too slow and gets old (again just my opinion). Biggest flaw is the ridiculously unbalanced scoring that makes nothing else worth going for (see mechslave's post). If you don't play the game competitively or concern yourself with your score, this is a non-issue. I'm really surprised only one person has mentioned this.

Really good flow to the game and a unique feel. The price is usually dirt cheap too for a 90's B/W title. Personally though, I go for BSD, DW, or JD for similar money before a JM for the reasons listed above.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Fun to play. Matrix/Hand is cool toy. Very fast. I liked it ok.
Got rid of mine because (points-wise) all that makes sense to do in the game is go for Spinner Millions and 4x-Hold-4x. It's weighted so heavily, the rules of the game really don't matter at all. You can literally have a decent Spinner Millions round, 4x-Hold Bonus it. Then 4x on your next ball and you'll be at around 40-50 Bil...that's on ball 1 or 2. If you don't, and have a great total game on all the modes, multiballs, power down and totally kill the machine and you'll only have around 15-20 Bil.
Nothing in the game holds any real value from a points perspective except Spinner Millions w the multipliers. With a software rev, the game would be a lot more interesting and balanced.

You don't have to play a game JUST for scores.

Powerdown is the goal of JM.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

You don't have to play a game JUST for scores.
Powerdown is the goal of JM.

Sure, and Powerdown is a really cool final mode. But if you play for Power Down, which is pretty easy to acheive-just play the 5 modes, then you are not doing what you should do to score the highest. Just sort of sucks the fun out of it.

Wizard modes are typically well worth acheiving from a scoring perspective, and are typically lucrative points-wise so much so that it's not only the main goal from a fun perspective but also the main goal (or one of them) from a scoring perspective (I actually can't think of another game where it isn't). In JM, nothing really is worth acheiving except the Spinner Millions 4x-hold. It's that out of balance.

I'd love for someone to patch a ROM changing the Spinner Millions to make it fit into the relative scoring of the rest of the machine, because it is a fun table to shoot, no doubt.

#23 11 years ago

Not as deadly as Shadow, but I always thought this would compliment it. One of my favorites from that 90's B summer movie license era. Everyone's mentioned pretty much what I would: very fast if you get the combo/flow shots going. Although the glove slows things down, it is implemented in a clever way. Modes are alright. I really like the theme, but that's because I actively pretend the movie never happened and it is an original pinball theme. Sounds nuts, but the theme becomes a billion times cooler and quirky.

The video mode is the only super irritating part I can think of. It could have been a great mode, but it's not natural to think of "up and down" as being a "left button and right button" sort of thing. You'll see what I mean when you play it.

It isn't a super deep or long game either, but fun. We have one at league and everyone seems to dislike it for some reason...which is fine by me. Gives me more play time to enjoy it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.00
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-jm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.