• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992
#1 10 years ago

I played hook at the laundromat today and it seems like it had some fun shots. this was was a bit dirty but still seemed entertaining. thoughts? it seems like $1000-1500 is the going rate in the last couple of months. all opinions are welcome.

#2 10 years ago

I found it to be fun at first but didn't hold my interest for long. I few good shots, good ball time. Slow adding bonuses and starting next ball. Music/sounds get old quick. It is a good money maker on location but I don't think I would keep it in my personal collection.

#4 10 years ago

I guess it depends on the type of player you are. I'm pretty much a novice, just enjoy playing and learning, I'm not deep into rulesets or anything like that.
Personally I own one and its up for sale, not because I don't like it, but because i've had my fun and like a lot of pinheads we just upgrade and buy more expensive toys eventually and I don't have room for a plethora of games in my home. My GF is actually attached to it but said it's ok to let it go since I got a Monopoly a couple weeks back.
I don't mind the music and sounds and thing it has some neat animations and sounds, but then again I enjoyed the movie too.

Is it a MM rival, clearly not. But I've certainly not as crappy as some of the games out there. I'd say you are pretty spot on with you price depending on condition of course.

Your mileage may vary.....

#5 10 years ago

I own one and I love it.

It is OFTEN the first game I play after getting in from the office. The ruleset is NOT deep and that's what I need after work - as opposed to the deeper rules and DRAMA of something like Lord of the Rings or WOZ.

To me it is a game that suits a particular mood - and I can't foresee it going anyplace.

Nice lighting effects and energetic soundtrack and sounds.

DOES seem to have a Love / Hate reputation - as you see above.

#6 10 years ago

And darn it if I can't figure out why it's the second best earning game on location besides Addams Family.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-hook-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.