• Latest reply 10 years ago by Lovef2k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BR_Backglass_smaller.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Over 7000 produced but rarely talked about or posted. It's a sys1 game from 1980.

#2 10 years ago

Mine is sitting half finished next to my Joker poker. I need to rebuild two power boards one of these days.

#4 10 years ago

We have a pretty nice one we use for a test machine when working on System One boards & stuff. I love the art on that machine and something I found really interesting or unique about it is the upper ball arch is actually has art on it (not just plain white or blue like most machines of that era).

Game play is pretty decent for something from that era but to me it is all about the art on that machine. I know I wouldn't sell ours for anything under about $750 just because I love the art.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Over 7000 produced but rarely talked about or posted. It's a sys1 game from 1980.

It's a good game. It's not as good as Countdown, Joker Poker or Pinball Pool, but it's a good player and better than games like Totem, Dragon, Charlies Angels and Close Encounters. It has drops and a vari-target. It's a challenging player. Has the cool multi-mode sound board too.

#6 10 years ago

It's decent. The sounds are pretty basic. Gameplay is ok. I used to have one and traded it + cash for a Flash Gordon. The Flash Gordon was tons more fun. I'd say Buck Rogers is a good game to knock the ball around while drinking some beer. Nothing really special about it. But it's got a certain kind of charm if you like sci-fi themes.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

So you like it?

I dont know. I haven't finished it yet. I liked most of the system 1s I played though

#8 10 years ago

I love a good space theme and really enjoy system 1 games so Buck Rodgers is on my wish list also. Ones in really nice condition don't come up all that often in Australia though.

#9 10 years ago

I got one a couple months ago. I really enjoy it. I played it once at a competition a couple years ago and kept a lazy eye out for it ever since. It's definitely not a AAA amazing-wow game of the era, but it's certainly fun (which is all I really care about).

#10 10 years ago

I think it really resonates if you remember the TV show from the 70's. I know everytime I look at mine, I get mentally transported back to when I was 8 years old. Lots of memories.

#11 10 years ago

I think it really resonates if you remember the TV show from the 70's. I know everytime I look at mine, I get mentally transported back to when I was 8 years old. Lots of memories.

I have the same experience. I found one at a good price, so that must have something to do with it too. I love the backglass, spent 2 weeks trying to recreate a vectorized version in photoshop and it wore me out. So much detail. I intend on keeping this one for a while.

BR_Backglass_smaller.jpgBR_Backglass_smaller.jpg

#12 10 years ago

That bg is still on my wishlist

#13 10 years ago

My brother-in-law picked one up a couple of months ago. Naturally you have to be a fan of the era but for this type of game, its a very fun pin! Lots of shots, some tough shots too (the lowest target on the right side is tough to hit!), art is above average. Basically a damn good game IMHO.

3 months later
#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Did you end up picking one up Rich? It's still on my want list.

#15 10 years ago

Fun game after you have all the boards working. Great BG.

#16 10 years ago

I played this game at an A-town show once and thought it on the boring side, and i'm a Gottlieb guy...

recently i watched the PAPA video of it, it is VERY slow and floaty, and it reaffirmed my thoughts on boring...

I wouldnt wanna take up space for it in my lineup, thats for sure...

I guess its just not my cup-o-tea....

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

That bg is still on my wishlist

I do as well. The chick on mine looks like she has a major case of Leprosy.

Quoted from Gerry:

I played this game at an A-town show once and thought it on the boring side, and i'm a Gottlieb guy...
recently i watched the PAPA video of it, it is VERY slow and floaty, and it reaffirmed my thoughts on boring...
I wouldnt wanna take up space for it in my lineup, thats for sure...
I guess its just not my cup-o-tea....

Since when have you snubbed your nose at a Gottlieb?

#18 10 years ago

Since i played it...

#19 10 years ago

Would love one of these games. But primarily due to the fact that it was one of my all time favorite TV shows growing up.

#20 10 years ago

Can anyone spot the hidden name thats within the art work ? Not many people know its there.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#21 10 years ago

I remember liking the BG when looking at one. But PF just did not excite me at all.

Bedeep bedeep bedeep hey ya Buck

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Can anyone spot the hidden name thats within the art work ? Not many people know its there.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

Do tell, I can't find it.

#23 10 years ago

Good machine,

I offered this one for gift to my brother in law .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56198463@N02/5288876528/

and bought one for me after !

#24 10 years ago

I like most of the system one games. Space for me would mean Buck Rogers would be down the list behind Joker Poker, Genie, Countdown and Sinbad. Its a fun game like all system ones with enough drop targets on it too be fun and a risky captive ball shot. I watched the show when younger and Gordon Morison does a fantastic job on the backglass.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

I like most of the system one games. Space for me would mean Buck Rogers would be down the list behind Joker Poker, Genie, Countdown and Sinbad. Its a fun game like all system ones with enough drop targets on it too be fun and a risky captive ball shot. I watched the show when younger and Gordon Morison does a fantastic job on the backglass.

I think your game order is pretty much on target there....

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Did you end up picking one up Rich? It's still on my want list.

No Adam, I never did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 7.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-gtb-buck-rodgers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.