(Topic ID: 199965)

Thoughts on Avengers Pro with latest code, other playfield tweaks?

By UNCgump

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by UNCgump
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I saw one come up at a decent price. Didn't love it two years ago but I've read that it's much better with newer code and some playfield tweaks to the black widow ramp, hulk, etc. Anybody with experience have thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

I never got a chance to play it consistently with older code. I'm a massive Marvel fanboy though and had to have this pin for my collection. Admittedly it's a very average pin with a great theme. But I still love it. I've customized the sound to match some of the MCU soundtrack which has helped playability. Customized the cube, added some white Titan rings. I play it on a near-daily basis.

I do like the Black Widow ramp shot and the Iron Man shot. Two tight shots that are challenging for my skill level.

#3 6 years ago

Never played a Pro but I've had lots of fun with my LE. Even though the callouts are not from the people actually pictured in the game, they're still good and it has great music. This game really benefits from a shaker and a sub. I just use a Pyle 8" in the cab and some Pioneer 4" in the back. Also needs a blue flasher mounted behind the Tesseract.

Code update makes the game much better. The score is no longer dominated by bonus, and the spinner counts for BW so you can change its difficulty to extra hard. Also has graphics for Battle for Earth, although ColorDMD hasn't ever been updated for that.

#4 6 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the insight. May snatch one up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-avengers-pro-with-latest-code-other-playfield-tweaks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.