• Latest reply 8 years ago by Craig
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141016_203456.jpg
20141016_203502.jpg
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I was wondering how this game is holding up ? Any who owns it or has a lot of plays on it , is it worth getting ?

#2 8 years ago

Only if you like to laugh and want the fastest game on the planet!

#3 8 years ago

Would you trade MM for it ? Or not that good.

#4 8 years ago

Yes based solely on the fact that MM are going to be very easy to get in the coming years with the reproduction, AMH only 150 thats less than BBB. Partially biased I'm in on AMH somewhere in the 70's on production, but again just from a sheer statistics point of view you will be able to find MM......AMH not so much.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Not that good.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

I would trade an MM for it for one good reason: One Hundred Fifty

#7 8 years ago

I wouldn't say that AMH is a better game then MM but it will likely be a lot harder to get then MM and may end up being worth more then a used MMr in a couple of years. AMH is a really fun game that I like a lot. It's very different so I would recommend playing one before you buy one. I personally really like it. Based on it's current rating some people do not.

#8 8 years ago

I'm lucky enough to have access to a location copy of AMH, and after several weeks I can honestly say.

-Good first game for a growing company. They did not cut corners where they could have.
-Nothing special that's going to make it worth $20,000 in 3 years.

AMH does not touch MM (either version) in any way, shape, or form.

#9 8 years ago

All good advice. I think a really crappy MM would be a reasonable trade, but if its in good condition I imagine you could find some cash to come your way.

I really like my AMH, but in the end it is going to be a personal decision based on what motivates you. The game is different - its on a different platform, with a different way of building a game, a different operating system, and different mechanisms. In some ways it lacks the engineering fit & finish (internally - the cabinet is outstanding) of other modern DMDs, but in others it excels with some innovative approaches.

As far as holding up, mine has 700 plays or so and it's holding up fine, but I do recommend for anyone else out there not to run all the coils on the highest setting. One good thing is that breakable parts can be 3-d printed as they've made the files available to all.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

-Nothing special that's going to make it worth $20,000 in 3 years.

Speculation your honor.

#11 8 years ago

I had an AMH for a while, but IMO it did not hold up against the other games I have. So, I let it go.

However, everybody's tastes are different (you may love it!)

One good thing about being an AMH owner right now is that demand is high, so it's an easy game to unload for its NIB value ($6k) if you decide it's not for you.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I had an AMH for a while, but IMO it did not hold up against the other games I have. So, I let it go.
However, everybody's tastes are different (you may love it!)
The good thing about being an AMH owner now is that demand is high, so it's an easy game to unload for its NIB value ($6k) if you decide it's not for you.

PinB just curious since you have owned both BBB and AMH. Being that both are similar in terms of number of units made can you possibly speculate on where you see AMH in 3-5 years in terms of demand, folklore, etc? Sorry, I know it sounds like a job interview question.

#13 8 years ago

I have played and love AMH wish i could get one and hope to get one later.

#14 8 years ago

I liked it and tried to get one but sold out. I have my tz up for trade for one. I think its fun game but not as good as mm. I did here that they had some small problems but nothing big.

#15 8 years ago

I own both. Hard to compare them as they are very different games. MM has a big head Start on AMH in the "it's a proven classic" department based solely on how long it has been since it was released. Having said that, I've enjoyed every minute of the 8 months that I have owned mine. Great game.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I own both. Hard to compare them as they are very different games. MM has a big head Start on AMH in the "it's a proven classic" department based solely on how long it has been since it was released. Having said that, I've enjoyed every minute of the 8 months that I have owned mine. Great game.

Let's be a little honest here though. There are a few that do indeed wish they had gotten in for one of the AMH purchases. This can lead to jealousy and some forming opinions they otherwise may not have formulated if they had a NIB copy of the game. I'm NOT saying that is the case for those who have actually played the game but I most definitely think you have to factor that in.

#17 8 years ago

My thoughts on it are that is a fun game with a good theme. Only time will tell if its a classic game. It's not really fair to compare it to the number one game of all time. It's rare, but may not be super valuable. I'm pleased to have both (err will have AMH soon). I played it quite a bit at the Texas show and really enjoyed it.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

It's rare, but may not be super valuable.

Err...call me stupid but last time I checked "rare" also meant "valuable."

I can't help myself. Do you guys seriously think things out before you type or do you just type things in a drunken stupor?

#19 8 years ago

It's a terrific game and I am very glad to have got in an order before they sold out. As far as value goes, I could imagine it reaching $7k or $8k once more people get to play it and realize how great it is. Like all games it's not for everyone, however, and if Stern announced a Ghostbusters I could imagine AMH taking a slight hit because of that.

#20 8 years ago

I don't usually write stuff like this but....
couldn't you have a rare disease that wouldn't be valuable?

#21 8 years ago

I really enjoy AMH and am looking forward to mine greatly!

Fun to shoot, funny, and VERY challenging to go deep in the game. Well built and code continues to roll in for an already very solid showing.

I would take AMH over MM everyday and twice on tuesdays.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Let's be a little honest here though. There are a few that do indeed wish they had gotten in for one of the AMH purchases. This can lead to jealousy and some forming opinions they otherwise may not have formulated if they had a NIB copy of the game. I'm NOT saying that is the case for those who have actually played the game but I most definitely think you have to factor that in.

I'm not sure why you are replying to my post. I own both games. What are saying could be true, but it does not apply to me.
terry.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Nope, rare can just mean a very few (or only one) of anything. Doesn't have to be worth a dime.
I'm rare, and not worth much at all!
terry.

#24 8 years ago

Theme B+
Toys A
Sounds B-
Layout B
Art C
Support A
Rarity A
Overall B+

Just my opinion, while I had one I noticed people that played it feel into
Love it 33%
Hated it 33%
It was alright 33%

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Nope, rare can just mean a very few (or only one) of anything. Doesn't have to be worth a dime.
terry.

Me thinks someone needs to take an economics course.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

terry.

What about limited lol Also wanted to thx pinballlife for your awesome products

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I have a degree in economics!

Rare doesn't necessarily imply valuable, you still have to have demand.

But if you want to say that AMH is super valuable because its rare, fine with me because I own one!

#28 8 years ago

PDX were not ou in the "it's alright camp"... Curious why you sold yours?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I have a degree in economics!
Rare doesn't necessarily imply valuable, you still have to have demand.
But if you want to say that AMH is super valuable because its rare, fine with me because I own one!

Fair enough. But rare in 99% of the cases out there means valuable to "someone."

Scarcity value is the economic factor that increases an item's relative price based more upon its relatively low supply.

#30 8 years ago

^^
Yeah! Looks like WWE LE will be worth a fortune! Math!

#31 8 years ago

Someone gave me a good offer so I said Yes
I don't keep games too long though
Plus he lives 10min away so I can go play it a lot.

If you've played the game and like it, it's a good buy for the price
If the theme or tinkering aspect doesn't grab you then it may not be a game for everyone.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^
Yeah! Looks like WWE LE will be worth a fortune! Math!

Fantastic argument. Stern is an established company with nearly 30 pins since 1996. The company and game in question has only produced one game.

My suggestion to you is to frequent Pinside much less, get on Linkedin and network your ass off, make a little money, and then come back.

I know I know, you're a millionaire already. In that case, no one can help you. If you are the prior, take my advice.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yup! And his name is Eggbert52

Here is one of about a million examples that disprove your theory "rare = more valuable"
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/04/22/the-rare-factor-rare-doesnt-always-equal-valuable/

#34 8 years ago

I've played it several times but to me not as much fun as my Tron, IM or AcDc premium which are around similar value.

Definatly good first effort, but not my favorite game.

Maybe if I had complete access to the game it would grow on me, but hard for me to believe it will ever approach MM.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I can't help myself. Do you guys seriously think things out before you type or do you just type things in a drunken stupor?

Okay, you're stupid.

BTW, I know the person you quoted. I won't mention what he does for a living, but let's say he's likely smarter than anyone on this thread.

On topic: AMH looks like a great game. I was in, but was sidetracked by TWD and then KISS. Would still love to own one.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yup! And his name is Eggbert52
Here is one of about a million examples that disprove your theory "rare = more valuable"
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/04/22/the-rare-factor-rare-doesnt-always-equal-valuable/

LMAO. A Chevy Impala comparison is all you have? Pathetic. Mudflaps, I don't give a rat's ass how intelligent your supposed friend is. Does he make money? So I'll cover my bases. If he has a degree, and is so smart as you claim him to be that doesn't necessarily equal monetary success. To cover the other side, there are monetarily successful morons out there that dig ditches and pick up trash. But, aren't stupid enough to buy houses in 2005, get divorced and lose all of their money, and put pinball ahead of their 401K. I'm using statistics and statistics show that rare objects typically garner more interest and value.

Now, did you seriously plan on coming into this thread to debate me? Because if so, you will lose 10 times out of 10. Also, I couldn't care less how many of your millenial drones give you a thumbs up. Your arguments are still only valid in a Utopian world.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Now, did you seriously plan on coming into this thread to debate me? Because if so, you will lose 10 times out of 10. Also, I couldn't care less how many of your millenial drones give you a thumbs up. Your arguments are still only valid in a Utopian world.

Are you okay?

#38 8 years ago

Wow, why so much issue here? Is it personal? If so, have at it. If not, I love to give lessons.

In extremely simple terms, the equilibrium price is at the intersection of supply & demand functions. If you shift the demand curve lower, the price lowers. If you shift supply lower, price increases. In other words, price depends on both. Depending on the good, the amount of supply that you'd consider rare depends on the demand; e.g. 150 AMH might be equal to 7000 MM as far as price goes - I'm not saying it is, just saying that demand matters.

I personally think that if there were equal supply of AMH and MM there would be no question - MM would be worth MUCH more than AMH. However, given that there is very limited supply of AMH, the prices will converge as supply of MM increases .

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Me thinks you need to just quit while you're ahead man, you're utterly off base on this. Rare is simply a comment on availability, it has no direct correlation with value.

If you want to bust out the econ 101 then we can talk supply and demand. It doesn't work without both halves. If there's no demand then a low supply doesn't mean anything.

But feel free to collect all those valuable Vacation Americas, if you're dedicated you can corner the market on that rare pinball commodity!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You honestly think I haven't? Wow. Interesting.

I suppose none of this really means much of anything, but still, everyone should take a few minutes to read up on the tulip bubble crisis of the 16th century. Pinball could learn some lessons from it.

Here's to hoping AMH is fondly remembered, regardless of anyone's definition of rare, collectible, or valuable. IMHO it deserves to be.

Terry.

#41 8 years ago

Perfectly fine. For the most part, Pinside has become very immature and the clicks have almost become intolerable for quite a few members. Many members no longer come on due the idiotic biased opinions that have almost zero merit. Not to mention the continuous personal attacks that occur on a daily basis.

In regards to btw75's quote: I NEVER made it personal until I was called stupid.

As for your argument Aurich, you are the one that is "utterly off base." If you don't understand the simple economics of supply and demand then I can't help you. But, you'll hide behind your 15M+ karma points and go to bed at night thinking everyone agrees with you.

#42 8 years ago

I'll mention one more thing then I'm out to check out the KISS video.

You said this:

So I did this:

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Okay, you're stupid.

Anyway, pinside is a fun diversion to read and bullshit about pinball. If you're concerned with cliques (not clicks), I seriously recommend you spend some time away. This is supposed to be fun.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

As for your argument Aurich, you are the one that is "utterly off base." If you don't understand the simple economics of supply and demand then I can't help you. But, you'll hide behind your 15M+ karma points and go to bed at night thinking everyone agrees with you.

Man, you sure like to make things personal. I know you're a giant anti-weed crusader, but a jay might do you a lot of good, mellow you out some.

I'll definitely go to bed tonight feeling good that everyone agrees with me on this one, but not because of some meaningless numbers next to my name. I see you're starting to move the goalposts already, and bringing the concept of demand into this finally. Keep working at it, you'll get there soon at this rate!

To try and bring this back on topic Ben definitely understands supply and demand. I know he's wishing he had thought to make the supply 300 instead of 150, but there's no question that artificially limiting production is what goosed the sales and made things viable.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Mudflaps, I don't give a rat's ass how intelligent your supposed friend is. Does he make money?.....

Now, did you seriously plan on coming into this thread to debate me? Because if so, you will lose 10 times out of 10.

Eggbert what's sad is that you have already lost and you don't even know it... Your arrogance speaks volumes about your character.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Perfectly fine. For the most part, Pinside has become very immature and the clicks have almost become intolerable for quite a few members. Many members no longer come on due the idiotic biased opinions that have almost zero merit. Not to mention the continuous personal attacks that occur on a daily basis.
In regards to btw75's quote: I NEVER made it personal until I was called stupid.

It's "cliques," Einstein.

#46 8 years ago

I know there was a topic here earlier. Here's some more thoughts. I'll try to turn the ship back. AMH is delightful. To me it's a breath of fresh air. Small company makes an unlicensed theme that's really fun. Perfect, heck no. Overall I really like it and will be happy to own one.

#48 8 years ago

played several games at Allentown. thought it was extremely well made. just a very solid game. lots of fun. Others said it was kind of deep. never got far enough to know. would definitely like to own one if the code is as good as I am hearing.

Quoted from Nevus:

I know there was a topic here earlier. Here's some more thoughts. I'll try to turn the ship back. AMH is delightful. To me it's a breath of fresh air. Small company makes an unlicensed theme that's really fun. Perfect, heck no. Overall I really like it and will be happy to own one.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

would definitely like to own one if the code is as good as I am hearing.

The best part, to me, is that the code is open. So, if down the road, someone discovers a gameplay bug, the community can just fix it. Although, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that Ben would fix it quicker than any Stern\WMS\JJP code has ever been fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-americas-most-haunted/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.