(Topic ID: 70593)

Thoughts on adding/removing playfield items to change game play.

By Jags

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TaylorVA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I've often thought of adding or removing certain playfield items so that it would change the game play of a pin. For example adding a small center post between the flippers on games that constantly send balls straight down the middle. Or removing a gate to change the ball flow. Or even adding a pop bumper or flipper to change the way the game plays.

Although I have not done this sort of thing to any real pin I have experimented with doing this on a few different Pinmame pins. The results have worked out very well in some instances.

Just wanted to hear some thoughts regarding this idea. Has anyone actually done this to their pin? Anyone else ever consider it? Would it be blasphemous or sacrilegious to do this to a pin?

Let's start a discussion!!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Adding a center post to a game designed not to have one, is like putting training wheels on your dirtbike.

Ok, What about removing the center post on a game that was designed with one so it would make it more challenging?

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I removed the control gate to iron hide on TFLE. Best thing I ever did to that game.

Could you elaborate more on exactly what you did? Perhaps post some pics and explain how removing the control gate created better game play.

Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-addingremoving-playfield-items-to-change-game-play?tu=Jags and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.