Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by branlon8
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AF39E355-1E76-4B54-B30F-7397183D9E5E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    29113CCC-0276-41EE-8E26-AD584BF3A0CC (resized).jpeg
    pinside (resized).jpg
    7F93A73D-EBE0-4DE2-9A80-D59111183B5A (resized).jpeg
    FORKED_UP (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mostater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Toy Story stinks. Why are we getting so many kid like themes in a hobby dominated by middle age men. Its disturbing.
    How about Dune. New movie coming out, its a great theme for pinball. Nope lets do talking toys geared for preteens.

I don't know why you find this disturbing or even care. It's just a theme to one game. You don't have to buy or play it. But maybe others would like to. Maybe operators might want something to attract a younger crowd. It's a huge franchise, after all. Some people might be disturbed by a middle-aged man playing a silly game like pinball...but do you really f'n care? I don't.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

I would expect a Dune machine to recycle my pee.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

How can't u know whats disturbing? its not just a theme to one game its pattern of bad kiddie themes, super heros and old rock bands that has gotten boring, oh and disturbing, also thanks for letting me know I don't have to buy it. I was under the impression it was the law and I had to purchase the next JJP game. Haven't met anyone yet that thinks pinball is anything other than fun, many won't buy them but so far everyone likes to play them. The "attract younger crowd" thing that constantly comes up with pinsiders is in a word, crap. I've said it before this hobby dies with us middle aged guys living the dream. Obviously u care or u wouldn't have responded at all. .

Actually I don't care. I enjoy playing pinball, whether a theme is to my liking or not. I don't know why some people have to go out of their way to shit all over something creative like a pinball machine because they don't like the theme. There are plenty others to play and choose from. And if it's the trend you find disturbing, then maybe that is just an indication you're getting older or that maybe not everyone agrees with you. BTW, you are welcome for letting you know that you don't have to buy Toy Story. I guess I just saved you some money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mostater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-2022-jjp-reveal?tu=mostater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.