Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by branlon8
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AF39E355-1E76-4B54-B30F-7397183D9E5E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    29113CCC-0276-41EE-8E26-AD584BF3A0CC (resized).jpeg
    pinside (resized).jpg
    7F93A73D-EBE0-4DE2-9A80-D59111183B5A (resized).jpeg
    FORKED_UP (resized).png
    There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

Wonka (LE) having a second release, GnR still shipping out, and chip shortages - do you think we will see a 2022 game reveal soon ? What do you think it will be? Will it be a Pat Lawlor design?

#2 2 years ago

I thought their playfields had plenty of chips?

#3 2 years ago

Hoping for a Lawlor design. Wonka is the best game of the last 5 years hands down.

I have heard rumblings of an announcement yet this year....

#4 2 years ago

It's going to be Toy Story next.

#5 2 years ago

GNR best game hands down from JJP

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jman44:

I thought their playfields had plenty of chips?

I hope so! I was being more generic with the chip shortage comment... Did not think about it being read as the CHIPPING problem. I applaud your great reply.

#7 2 years ago

There were rumors of them scrapping their original Toy Story design, which later became Wonka. So it appears they are starting over from scratch with Toy Story. In another JJP Toy Story thread, someone mentioned recently that the white wood for Toy Story was just about finished. If that is true then Toy Story is further out than originally thought.

Back in October 2020 the Super Awesome Pinball Show had Eric Meunier on to talk about the Guns N Roses release. During the interview Eric mentioned that his next game's whitewood was very fun to shoot. That was a year ago, it's safe to say it's nearing completion about now.

Will get get Toy Story next, or will we see Eric's next reveal? Again, rumors are rumors. I'm just excited to see what they have instore. They always put a lot of effort into their games (playfield issues aside) and I'm sure it will be amazing.

#8 2 years ago
    FORKED_UP (resized).pngFORKED_UP (resized).png
    #9 2 years ago

Edit.

#10 2 years ago

It’s not toy story.... trust me on this one. They are going bigger

Expo 2022 you will see the new game

#11 2 years ago

expo 2022! FFS lol sooo long between games still

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

What could be bigger than toy story? I’m all in on a TS, but I wouldn’t be mad to see an Indiana Jones, BTTF, masters of universe, King Kong, Harry potter or Superman 78. Of course Star Wars original trilogy would trump all though.

Also, I find it hard to believe toy story isn’t done and definitely next. It’s been in the works far too long.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Don’t support this trash company

It makes me sad I ever responded to your posts needing help.

LTG

#14 2 years ago

I have one user on pinside ignored. Guess who it is?

I'd be happy with Toy Story or really anything JJP puts out. No duds yet.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG

Sorry, I’ve had a rough few days and I’m taking out on the forums

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG

Don't support this trash pinsider

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vernisious:

I have one user on pinside ignored. Guess who it is?
    I'd be happy with Toy Story or really anything JJP puts out. No duds yet.

Joining this club

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't support this trash pinsider

Thanks for the personal attack

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

...Days?

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I hope your days get better.

LTG : )

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

Cute, but why would the next game Play-field for Toy Story be any different than the last 4 titles? Is JJP confident enough to actually provide a warranty to back up their confidence that real change is taking place in upcoming Toy Story?

#22 2 years ago

There are enough threads on here trashing JJP.... Lets not have another one. I'm 2 for 2 with GNR and Hobbit with zero issues. I have Wonka on the way and very likely to get in on the next one that is announced. I do hope its Toy Story.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

There are enough threads on here trashing JJP....

You'd think, but I also thought there was enough threads on the next JJP machine!

#24 2 years ago

I am hoping for a new Pat Lawlor disign…

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

It's going to be Toy Story next.

Source?

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from HomerEBW:

There were rumors of them scrapping their original Toy Story design, which later became Wonka. So it appears they are starting over from scratch with Toy Story. In another JJP Toy Story thread, someone mentioned recently that the white wood for Toy Story was just about finished. If that is true then Toy Story is further out than originally thought.
    Back in October 2020 the Super Awesome Pinball Show had Eric Meunier on to talk about the Guns N Roses release. During the interview Eric mentioned that his next game's whitewood was very fun to shoot. That was a year ago, it's safe to say it's nearing completion about now.
    Will get get Toy Story next, or will we see Eric's next reveal? Again, rumors are rumors. I'm just excited to see what they have instore. They always put a lot of effort into their games (playfield issues aside) and I'm sure it will be amazing.

Here is the link to the October 2020 Super Awesome Pinball Show that had Eric Meunier on: https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-s11-e16

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Bigger... Could it be a Pixar world? I too will most likely be happy with any JJP game announcement but am okay with a break from band themed games unless I could turn it up to 11.

#28 2 years ago

Theme doesn’t matter much to me, but my hope is it will be wacky and have DI type humor. If it’s Pat Lawlor I’m hoping he’ll do something new and different with the pops.

#29 2 years ago

Yeah JJP was really pumping a ton of games out the door before that chip shortage

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

Yeah JJP was really pumping a ton of games out the door before that chip shortage

40 or less games being made per week is not really “pumping out” games. Stern does more than double that that at around 100 per day. That’s pumping out games.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

40 or less games being made per week is not really “pumping out” games. Stern does more than double that that at around 100 per day. That’s pumping out games.

It seems that your sarcasm detector is broken

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Shocking!

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah, sarcasm on pinside is such a rarity.

Now back to the subject of 22 reveal. Hardly a secret, it will most likely be another kiddie themed pinball machine, Toy Story, similar to kiddie Wonka before it. But they could surprise us with a man’s theme of rumored Matrix?

#34 2 years ago

Toy Story at 11.5k and you are responsible for anything that goes wrong with it.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Toy Story at 11.5k and you are responsible for anything that goes wrong with it.

Sounds like a good deal, $11.5K with no warranty. (Sarcasm)

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

so are you being sarcastic when you indicate that it is sarcasm to say it’s a good deal?

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Quoted from branlon8:

so are you being sarcastic when you indicate that it is sarcasm to say it’s a good deal?

The JY of pinside still lives I see.

#38 2 years ago

Toy Story stinks. Why are we getting so many kid like themes in a hobby dominated by middle age men. Its disturbing.
    How about Dune. New movie coming out, its a great theme for pinball. Nope lets do talking toys geared for preteens.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

How about Dune. New movie coming out....

Because pinball companies don't make machines for new movies, dont know why this is hard to grasp, and I don't know if Lynch's would get enough interest. Would from me though

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Toy Story stinks. Why are we getting so many kid like themes in a hobby dominated by middle age men. Its disturbing.
    How about Dune. New movie coming out, its a great theme for pinball. Nope lets do talking toys geared for preteens.

I don't know why you find this disturbing or even care. It's just a theme to one game. You don't have to buy or play it. But maybe others would like to. Maybe operators might want something to attract a younger crowd. It's a huge franchise, after all. Some people might be disturbed by a middle-aged man playing a silly game like pinball...but do you really f'n care? I don't.

#41 2 years ago

I would expect a Dune machine to recycle my pee.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

I would expect a Dune machine to recycle my pee.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from mostater:

I don't know why you find this disturbing or even care. It's just a theme to one game. You don't have to buy or play it. But maybe others would like to. Maybe operators might want something to attract a younger crowd. It's a huge franchise, after all. Some people might be disturbed by a middle-aged man playing a silly game like pinball...but do you really f'n care? I don't.

How can't u know whats disturbing? its not just a theme to one game its pattern of bad kiddie themes, super heros and old rock bands that has gotten boring, oh and disturbing, also thanks for letting me know I don't have to buy it. I was under the impression it was the law and I had to purchase the next JJP game. Haven't met anyone yet that thinks pinball is anything other than fun, many won't buy them but so far everyone likes to play them. The "attract younger crowd" thing that constantly comes up with pinsiders is in a word, crap. I've said it before this hobby dies with us middle aged guys living the dream. Obviously u care or u wouldn't have responded at all.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Because pinball companies don't make machines for new movies, dont know why this is hard to grasp, and I don't know if Lynch's would get enough interest. Would from me though

Oh I meant the 1984 version. Dune 2021 isn't even out yet, I don't think and even if it was I'd like the OG.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from flipperstick:

I too will most likely be happy with any JJP game announcement but am okay with a break from band themed games unless I could turn it up to 11.

This is Spinal Tap would be amazing. Speaking of Rob Reiner films what about Princess Bride? That would be inconceivable! I really can't imagine a game with more possibilities.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

How can't u know whats disturbing? its not just a theme to one game its pattern of bad kiddie themes, super heros and old rock bands that has gotten boring, oh and disturbing, also thanks for letting me know I don't have to buy it. I was under the impression it was the law and I had to purchase the next JJP game. Haven't met anyone yet that thinks pinball is anything other than fun, many won't buy them but so far everyone likes to play them. The "attract younger crowd" thing that constantly comes up with pinsiders is in a word, crap. I've said it before this hobby dies with us middle aged guys living the dream. Obviously u care or u wouldn't have responded at all.

I get it - basically you are saying the pinball manufacturers have systematically made poor theme choices in recent times and if they keep it up pinball won’t attract younger people in the years to come and following your logic the manufacturers will quite possibly go bankrupt. Rather than offer evidence you point out these poor theme choices should be obvious to us.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

How can't u know whats disturbing? its not just a theme to one game its pattern of bad kiddie themes, super heros and old rock bands that has gotten boring, oh and disturbing, also thanks for letting me know I don't have to buy it. I was under the impression it was the law and I had to purchase the next JJP game. Haven't met anyone yet that thinks pinball is anything other than fun, many won't buy them but so far everyone likes to play them. The "attract younger crowd" thing that constantly comes up with pinsiders is in a word, crap. I've said it before this hobby dies with us middle aged guys living the dream. Obviously u care or u wouldn't have responded at all. .

Actually I don't care. I enjoy playing pinball, whether a theme is to my liking or not. I don't know why some people have to go out of their way to shit all over something creative like a pinball machine because they don't like the theme. There are plenty others to play and choose from. And if it's the trend you find disturbing, then maybe that is just an indication you're getting older or that maybe not everyone agrees with you. BTW, you are welcome for letting you know that you don't have to buy Toy Story. I guess I just saved you some money.

#47 2 years ago

Edit.

Decided I don't care.

#48 2 years ago

spinal tap coming from homepin!

#49 2 years ago

I’ll never understand the hate towards jjp themes. Let’s see, they have done….

WW & Woz- two of the most beloved classic movies ever that people of all ages respect and love. Both older people that grew up with these movies, and young kids would enjoy these kids themes.

Potc & Hobbit- two more recent, family oriented adventure movies that were box office hits, and have large fan bases. Plenty of people of all ages that still love these franchises.

DI- an original theme, based on a mesh of one of the all time favorite designers popular classic pinball titles. Really fun, incredible layout, and mechs that are packing a game that fills the needs of older people that wanted an original theme to reminisce of their old Bally/Williams hay days, yet attractive to younger people with the phone idea.

GNR- a total rock concert in a box for one of the all time greatest rock bands of all time. More mature theme, faster play, and a high adrenaline rush type of game. Targeting us 80’s & 90’s kids.

Toy story- one of, if not the biggest all time animated franchises ever. Kids that grew up watching the original are now my age, middle aged, and probably make up the biggest percentage of pinball buyers. Nostalgia sales. Great story, great toy and mech possibilities, and great call out potential. This is a must own for me.

Basically we can’t all possibly love every single game. If a theme isn’t for you, then just move on to the next one. It shouldn’t require having to voice your distaste for any one theme just because it’s 1 of hundreds of titles available out there. Man, nobody cares about you not agreeing with theme decisions. Nothing wrong either with grown men loving nostalgic themes. Get over it.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I’ll never understand the hate towards jjp themes. Let’s see, they have done….
    WW & Woz- two of the most beloved classic movies ever that people of all ages respect and love. Both older people that grew up with these movies, and young kids would enjoy these kids themes.
    Potc & Hobbit- two more recent, family oriented adventure movies that were box office hits, and have large fan bases. Plenty of people of all ages that still love these franchises.
    DI- an original theme, based on a mesh of one of the all time favorite designers popular classic pinball titles. Really fun, incredible layout, and mechs that are packing a game that fills the needs of older people that wanted an original theme to reminisce of their old Bally/Williams hay days, yet attractive to younger people with the phone idea.
    GNR- a total rock concert in a box for one of the all time greatest rock bands of all time. More mature theme, faster play, and a high adrenaline rush type of game. Targeting us 80’s & 90’s kids.
    Toy story- one of, if not the biggest all time animated franchises ever. Kids that grew up watching the original are now my age, middle aged, and probably make up the biggest percentage of pinball buyers. Nostalgia sales. Great story, great toy and mech possibilities, and great call out potential. This is a must own for me.
    Basically we can’t all possibly love every single game. If a theme isn’t for you, then just move on to the next one. It shouldn’t require having to voice your distaste for any one theme just because it’s 1 of hundreds of titles available out there. Man, nobody cares about you not agreeing with theme decisions. Nothing wrong either with grown men loving nostalgic themes. Get over it.

For Kiddie Pinball themes, in your toddlers game room; WW Brat kids, WOZ Dorthy and Toto, Toy Story Mr Potato Head, Ham the piggie and Woody the cowpoke, DI Dad’s Jean’s, Hobbit Bilbo Baggins and Frodo all top the kiddie pinball charts for sure. All good for young kids birthday parties! Children love those themes.

GNR, POTC more manly themes to invite the guys over to play.

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-2022-jjp-reveal?hl=amsnl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.