• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IJ_(W)_,,,.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get opinions on Indiana Jones. I've always liked it, and I finally got to play one for an extended period of time last night and confirmed that I really do enjoy it! I personally love the numerous amount of modes and multiple video modes (and the path of adventure of course)! I was wondering what others think about this game. Also, I don't often see them for sale so what is this title going for currently?

Thanks,
Jon

#2 12 years ago

$3K beat to hell up to $5500 in very nice original shape. $10K if a high end restore, i think??

#3 12 years ago

I think it's one of the most enjoyable pins ever made.

We all just shed some tears listening to the story of a young boy turning into a man befreo our very eyes the last couple months. His story can by found on his members page. You may want to contact him with specifics if you don;t get what you need here.

http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/indianapwns/stories/fortune-glory

#4 12 years ago

Love mine ,great pin.

#5 12 years ago

I think IJ is a great pin. By mistake , I passed on the one previously mentioned regarding the young mans personal story. His came from Shane , and is probably the best example of anywhere. I later purchased mine from Chad in Morgangton , and it is almost the same quality. The higher end can be costly. Remember , you get what you pay for .

#6 12 years ago

I am one of the rare few that can take it or leave it. It's fun, like most any pin, but i think a lot of the main targets are so close to the flippers that it feels crowded.

#7 12 years ago

I want one. Now that it looks like I am getting a sttng I may even sell my jp to fund getting it. I love my jp though.

The problem is I loathe the mode start hole on IJ. It really controls the game in many ways. It is an annoying shot, but even when I hit I don't find it satisfying. The reason I want it? The theme. Both my fiance and I are huge fans of the movies (ignoring the 4th). It is a beautiful machine and I am hoping that in time I will just become a better shot for the mode start.

#8 12 years ago

I Love mine too but I also love the movies and games that are mode based. I hope to do a full restore on it this summer.

Quoted from dung:

The problem is I loathe the mode start hole on IJ.

I've gotten pretty good at backhanding that shot - no more bounce outs

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The problem is I loathe the mode start hole on IJ. It really controls the game in many ways.

I like it quite a bit, given it's a machine that doesn't boot it out all the time. I've played some machines were it's like glue...and others that pop out all the time. Usually in most cases you should be able to hit it with the left flipper. So a mode start that can be hit from both flippers is cool in my book.

But trust me I know what you mean. It can be very frustrating if you've got a tough one.

#10 12 years ago

IJ is a classic and one of the best Williams pins ever made.

#11 12 years ago

Most fun you can have on four legs

IJ is my #1 keeper and gets the most play at my house. I'm a mode guy and this game delivers. Not a "flow" game, but it can be fast at times. It has more toys than FAO Schwarz and tough, tight shots that will make you work for every point. The theme is so will integrated into the gameplay that it's almost embarrassing what modern pins are doing with film licenses... maybe with the exception of TRON.

I got mine over 5 years ago so not sure what the market is like for them now, but I'd think you can plan to spend in the $4k-$5k range for one in good player condition.

#12 12 years ago

mnpastimes has one for sale on there website

#13 12 years ago

You can have my IJ in my estate sale. hopefuly later than sooner only 35 here.

I love this game and cannot see parting with it.

JP is fun but without a question if you see IJ locally I would get the money together and go get it.

As for the mode start I like to back hand it in with the left flipper. I thought about buying adhesive foam piece for the kickout hole backing plate. Same as made for merlin hole on MM.

You will find in time you can find a way to stick the mode start hole. The bane is the right ramp it is sometimes brutal to get it to the upper playfield.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.
Enjoy your STTNG it took me a little while to appreciate it but it is a great game also.

#14 12 years ago

There's just something special about those early Willy widebody DMDs. The peak of pinball budgets and lots of room to put stuff at. Although is sort of hate STTNG.

IJ has awesome sound all around.

#15 12 years ago

The video modes bore me to death. I'd own the one that they had at Disneyland where they redid the cabinet because it looked absolutely awesome, but I have no intention of ever owning one of these, even though IJ is one of my absolute favorite themes ever.

I like (*gasp*) IJ4 a LOT more than the Williams counterpart.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

We'll just agree to disagree
Maybe if they had thrown just one more oversized cheap toy into IJ4....

I do agree the video modes sort of break up the game too much but, with so much going on in IJ, I don't mind the occaisional breaks. And, unless you're having a great game, you'll rarely play more than 1 or 2 anyway.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Maybe if they had thrown just one more oversized cheap toy into IJ4...

And maybe another ramp - at times IJ4 flows good but I feel like it is missing another shot. All those stand ups around the ark take up too much space on the game. Some type of shot could have been added next to the ark up the middle.

Quoted from goatdan:

The video modes bore me to death

I like the mine cart video mode - always have fun playing it.

#18 12 years ago

I had to have 1 too !! I found a Beauty . Played it for a few week's , then it Started getting Bore-some .. So I sold it , then the Next Owner kept it for a couple of Mth's , Now he has Sold it !!
Don't get me Wrong , IJ is a Great pin , It just had NO lasting Power in my GRG..

IJ_(W)_,,,.jpgIJ_(W)_,,,.jpg

#19 12 years ago

IJ is a phenomenal game. What it has going for it, unlike most games with a ton of modes, is that just about every mode is relevant and fun. Also, with IJ, having a nice one isn't enough, it needs to be dialed in perfectly. That mode start hole can be a bitch, but once it's dialed in and the shots stick it's like a whole new game.

Also, the path of adventure has to be just right as well. When you are out playing IJ trying to decide if it's right for you, you really need to find one in a collection where someone took the time to dial it in before you make a decision. I think that's why the game gets a bad rap sometimes.

#20 12 years ago

I really like the art work and the theme, but I just am not into the game play. Not sure, but it may have to do with only having two flippers on a wide body. To me it really limits the ability to use all of that space.

#21 12 years ago

If you can't hit the ramps on IJ don't expect to have any fun.
Start hitting the ramps and its a good game, not great IMO, but good fun.
I love the theme and cab art but gameplay does not make me want to play again and again.
Different strokes for different folks.

#22 12 years ago

great theme, many modes keep it fresh, i think it attracts the most play by guests,

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Dammit man...I take back saying there was nothing wrong with the games you like in that other thread!

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'd own the one that they had at Disneyland where they redid the cabinet because it looked absolutely awesome

Trust me goat...
Even though the cab is pretty, it still has a TON of issues going on.
I'd just get a good example of one and do the trim/cab work myself.
If you ever need detailed pics of it let me know... I play it once a week. (When it's working! )

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I really like the art work and the theme, but I just am not into the game play. Not sure, but it may have to do with only having two flippers on a wide body. To me it really limits the ability to use all of that space.

I thought the same when I first saw one, but the PF is like a traditional fan layout whith more levels. I think two flippers works just fine for this type of layout and I don't know where you would stick more to be honest? Look at MM or AFM. They do just fine with 2.
The game is so packed that I don't know how much more you'd want in it. In fact, I find the TZ playfield more sparse! IJ also uses its vertical real estate better than almost any game I can think of.

But, jalpert nailed it. This game stinks if certain things don't work right. I suffered with a dodgy PoA for two years until recently changing the opto board. I also padded the mode saucer. It's like a whole new game if those two are working properly and you can make that right ramp more than 25% of the time. I also love that the modes make sense. To use TZ for example again, its modes don't really seem to connect to the theme as well as IJ or TAF. IJ modes are a lot of fun. Get the Idol has to be one of the coolest modes ever and the Well of Souls 6-ball multi-ball is insane!

If well tuned and looked after, this game has a place in any collection.

2 weeks later
#26 12 years ago

One of my favorite machines ever. Fun modes that integrate the movies well into the game, awesome video modes, and a great sound package. Any fan of Indiana Jones or pinball in general would benefit owning this machine.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it's one of the most enjoyable pins ever made.

+1 greatest pin ever...sounds are amazing,especially when rewarding you with whip cracking jackpots!

Quoted from Drano:

Most fun you can have on four legs []

IJ is my #1 keeper

Hell yeah!!

#28 12 years ago

I adore my Indy. I removed the mode bracket and dropped the saucer down with nuts underneath. Sticks about 70% of the time. It will also be for sale in my estate sale someday. Such a rewarding pin to own.

#29 12 years ago

IJ is one of the very finest games out there. You want replayability? This has it in buckets....

Mode start is far easier to hit from the cradle position on the left flipper. I make it almost everytime.

Theres not many pins out there that can match the satisfaction of the shots on IJ. Awesome pin.

#30 12 years ago

It is extremely deep, which isn't something most comment on. Much deeper all in all than TZ, which I love.

All the modes are also well thought out and pretty diverse as well. It's a top machine for me, but it needs to be fine tuned more than any other machine to play right.

#31 12 years ago

I just recently got IJ and after some fine tuning I am loving the game. This game has it all 3 video modes and tons of stuff to do. Just a great game overall.

#32 12 years ago

Great game for every collection. There is not a better mode based game period. Beats TZ easily .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
14,000 (OBO)
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-in-williams-ij and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.