20231116_213838 (resized).jpg
20231116_203253 (resized).jpg
20231116_210301 (resized).jpg
20231116_203240 (resized).jpg
20231108_163259 (resized).jpg
20231108_163305 (resized).jpg
20231108_163308 (resized).jpg
20231108_163326 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 8 years ago

Got a very nice shopped X-Files this weekend and bonus that it was tastefully LED'd with bright, crisp, whites for the GI. The clear ramps on this are terrific to look at and they (IMO) need to be brightly lit with white so they gleam and sparkle. Putting colors under the ramps take away from their appearance.

Nice to get a game that I don't HAVE to do anything to except play. That said, I bought mirror blades ($50 at Allentown), metal flipper button area protectors, green star posts for the slings, and added a spotlight for Flukeman because it is just too dim without lighting. Just used an incandescent bulb because that produced the creepiest lighting versus all the LED colors I tried.

20150503_151437.jpg20150503_151437.jpg 20150503_151453.jpg20150503_151453.jpg
#74 8 years ago

One mod this game desperately needs is new slingshot graphics. Two boring heads sitting on each sling, plus with Mulder and Scully on the playfield, there are four boring human heads on the lower playfield.

Thinking down the line I will make clear sling plastics and print graphics on waterslide decals.

#75 8 years ago

If anyone else's VUK ejects balls wicked hard and fast, I've fixed mine simply. Damn balls would often fly out of the VUK back into the shooter lane, outlanes or jump everything and go SDTM.

I just stuck a square of 3M double sided tape (leave the backing on one side) at the top of the VUK where the balls ejects. That was enough to dampen the ball's force and now the balls eject without such violence and they don't fly off the ramp on the way down to the right flipper.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Yeah I want the alien baby tube to glow. THe bumper ring mod in green would be great if It could sit up top and plug in somewhere.

You'll get to that before I do - since I'm still working on the TFTC - but if you want the alien tube to always glow, then you can just run wires to the nearest GI. Not sure if I want mine to always glow though because it does look cool when it flashes during Super Pops.

#85 8 years ago

For the alien tube, I was thinking wiring up the circle LED to GI and put whites in the existing sockets that go off with super pops. So you will have a cool constant color, but then have it flash when it's supposed to.

#89 8 years ago

Looks good and I was considering doing the same thing. If you feel like, take some video of it when in super pops mode.

1 week later
#91 8 years ago

Been playing the heck out of X-Files the last week. I love playing teams against myself. The flow of the ramps and orbits and horseshoes are so damn fun when you can make them. Wish the audio quality was better and there were proper callouts. But the trap door is awesome and the pops are super.

Have some mods in mind and will post when I get them done. One I have in mind I think will be super looking.

1 month later
#96 8 years ago

Try a normal incandescent bulb for Flukeman. To me that was the creepiest and allowed the detail to come through.

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Stal8080:

So there is actually a bulb somewhere inside of the Flukeman???? Mine might be out because I never noticed it....what size bulb???

Maybe I installed the spotlight that shines on Flukeman? I can't remember if the light was there or not. Either was, just a regular #555 incandescent bulb.

1 week later
#109 8 years ago

I played X-Files last night after almost exclusively playing Shadow the last few weeks. What a great game with fun flow. I had a ball that I kept shooting left and right thru the horseshoe for like 7 times. The ramps are some of the fastest and smoothest and so satisfying to nail consecutively. And those shots are tight, which does make it a nice challenge. Just wish the audio was better and different artwork on the sling plastics.

I also enjoy playing teams against myself and wish all pins had that option.

1 month later
#113 8 years ago

Realized I have several subwoofers sitting around and just added one to the X-Files I'm selling this weekend. Didn't think it would do much for X-Files, but really does punch up the theme music and sounds. Worth adding if you have an external sub not being used.

#118 8 years ago

Said goodbye to my X-Files over the weekend. I bought it at Allentown just for something new to play that didn't need any work or shopping. I wanted to have another pin to play while I worked on a few projects and knew I'd sell it for what I paid when it was time.

Funny though, I got a Space Jam that was local and a good price a few days before X-files left. Same thinking with SJ, play it for a while after fixing issues and shopping. Fun game actually and will be bringing it to York for freeplay.

The SJ callouts and music got me to thinking "what if" X-Files had loud, clear, understandable and fun call outs? The audio is what is so sorely lacking - although adding an external subwoofer makes the music and effects have more oomph - the call outs are so boring, low key and muffled. X-Files is such a fast pin with great flow when nailing all the shots - and the audio is such a downer.

1 week later
#124 8 years ago

My high score might have been close to 60 million - I know I hit 40 mil a few times. Low scoring game and very fun. Too hard to start modes though I think, at least on factory settings, so I've never gotten close to Blood.

Big points come on the completing the multiballs a few times and spamming the left ramp to light extra ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-and-rules-to-x-files?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.