20231116_213838 (resized).jpg
20231116_203253 (resized).jpg
20231116_210301 (resized).jpg
20231116_203240 (resized).jpg
20231108_163259 (resized).jpg
20231108_163305 (resized).jpg
20231108_163308 (resized).jpg
20231108_163326 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#466 6 years ago

Hey Guys, asking this for someone else who has this machine. Where is the best place to tap into a 12V and GND line, so he can add a LED flipper button kit and another mod? I don't have this machine myself so i'm unsure if you can source 12V from the driver board or perhaps the machine has a dedicated 12V line for this purpose like some Data East's do just inside the coin door to the right. Thanks in advance

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I'd advise using 5V or 6.3V LEDs and not 12V. For all flippers I tap into coin door coin return button lights. I suggest using Comet LED's Matric system. Use clear flipper buttons, 3 SMD strip, 24" extension cable and wedge (or socket) connector. Check out Comet LED's Matrix stuff and you'll see what I mean. I have this exact system on my Xfiles (and three other pins).

Thanks for the quick reply mate. The button kits are already 12V, can't be changed but they don't draw much current. The setup is not the same as what you have, no socket, the led is inside the button itself. So the question still remains, closest or best place to tap into a 12V line?

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Yes there is a line inside the door to the right I used the 12v tap there for my LCD screen dmd upgrade.

Thanks, could i trouble you for a picture if possible? so i know which plug and which colour wire is 12V and which is GND. Cheers

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Never take anyone's word on voltage. Please always use a multimeter to check voltage on the pinball. Who knows if somebody hasn't modified any of the wiring before you got the machine. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah i know what you mean, i always do myself. I'm just assuming the guy involved isn't completely tech savvy, but i will walk him through it. Just as a matter of interest, what does this plug connect to? Many thanks for the picture and info, it's most appreciated

Ok, i just had a look at an inside cab pic on IPDB but that plug is partly out of the picture, sort of looks like it's an open plug not attached to anything?? Is this correct?

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Yes I have my LCD connected to it in the pic.

Awesome, MANY thanks Have all the info i need now, Cheers!

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Integrated:

Just a question to anyone who may be able to help, there is an issue I can't work out at the moment. It's some kind of malfunction/glitch with the CPU that affects the digital scoring function, i.e. every time I get a bonus after losing a ball, or when scoring a jackpot during gameplay it is something crazy like 999 999 920 989 (or similar), so its impossible to know what true score I'm getting. Its been doing this since I bought it a few weeks ago. This glitch even effects the service menu function as when I try to choose the various functions it malfunctions (regardless of whether or not I use the flipper buttons/start button or the actual buttons inside the coin box). I did manage to eventually do a Factory Reset and Audits reset etc but it didn't help. The numbers of most of the settings come up as 999 999 989 (or similar).
I was hoping (to the point of praying) that by replacing the Game ROM A3.O3 and Display ROM0 A3.00 that this would fix it, but to my dismay it didn't make any difference.
The original battery area looks clean and it had previously been relocated to a better position and I have changed to new batteries. The CPU boards look like they are in quite good condition.
I am really hoping that someone can help me sort out this problem as its really disheartening.
With appreciation,
~ Michael

Not sure what could be causing this one mate. Perhaps start a new thread with the info you have listed? , someone would have encountered this before surely. Admittedly i'm not familiar with Sega machines myself but i'm not positive it would be a Rom issue.

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
PinSound

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-and-rules-to-x-files?tu=Mancave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.