20231116_213838 (resized).jpg
20231116_203253 (resized).jpg
20231116_210301 (resized).jpg
20231116_203240 (resized).jpg
20231108_163259 (resized).jpg
20231108_163305 (resized).jpg
20231108_163308 (resized).jpg
20231108_163326 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

heard good things? From where? The sales flyer at Sega?

#19 9 years ago

doesn't have mouse traps, good call outs, good layout either. or good anything. Artwork, sounds and overall design is horrible. It's the ONLY time i've played a game on route and wanted to stop playing in the middle of ball 2. Luckily a bulb fell out from somewhere and was rolling around on the field. If it wasn't for that to entertain me hitting with the ball, I would have walked away. But the dedication I had to try and get that bulb jammed up somewhere in the machine, made it worth while to play all 3 balls. dont' worry, xfiles is not alone. It's tied with SF2 as the worst DMD ever made in the history of pinball.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Mousin' might have a decent layout with some fun shots, but it's a painfully easy and boring game.
SF2? bleh...no interest.
X-files has cool modes with a very fun wizard mode, the shots are fast, most of the music/sounds are also superb.
I truly believe this game gets a bad rap because people just can't flow and shoot it like other pins. It's a true shooters pin, the average player will feel like they're banging their head against a wall. One on route with weak flippers or something not working wouldn't be fun either.
I enjoy trying to chip away the modes while throwing in a truth multiball/cabinet multiball, the challenge of getting to blood...good stuff imho.

Easy? How many jackpots have you gotten during multiball? It's insanely hard to score that jackpot. In fact, during league, not one person got the jackpot in practice or league. I only do it about 5% of the time.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ha ha funny, but that honor goes to Popeye.

actually Popeye isn't a bad game at all. HAs a ton of inventive ideas, good solid ruleset and lots of unique features.

As for mousin around, like many other system 11's, the software has glitches that have to be addressed in a tournament setting. Remember your comparing a preDMD game (which is usually looked down upon as inferior to the unknowning) to a DMD which is suppose to be better and more advanced. If using mousin around for tournament, the center ramp switch has to be disconnected. It's stated in the game tournament guidelines for IFPA. Most system 11's have problems in tournament settings. Fire is darn right unplayable by more than one person in any competitive play. SOF, WW, ES. All of them allow stealing ball locks, but yet all them games are 10x's more fun, better art, better call outs and better layout than Xfiles. So xfiles is Segas bottom of the barrel turd. SF2 is Gottliebs. RS is Sterns. I'd have to say NBAFB would have to be Ballys. and williams is hurricane.

#37 9 years ago

I customized the sound on Starship troopers ,because it was so high pitched that the bugs would pierce your ears. So I added 2 4" woofers to the head. Added a L-pad to it and put a better woofer in the cabinet. then it sounded awesome.

#42 9 years ago

system 11's don't get stale at all. In fact a lot of them are better than the B/W DMD's. I'd take a ES over JM any day. SOF over JM, Popeye, Black rose, DM, FT, RS, NGG, NBAFB, GI, ect.... Era of games doesn't make it stale. Crappy layout and rules make a game stale.

4 months later
#62 8 years ago

this thread is still going? figured the 3 people that actually like this game would have talked it out already.

#66 8 years ago

Positive opinions are just as important as negative ones. great games get hi praise, crappy games get negative praise. Least it's a game that gets some attention somewhere and not just an average game that gets lost in the middle that you don't talk about either way.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Its not our fault you cant hit the only two ramps in the game

it's because I fell asleep while playing.

#72 8 years ago

i'll take my chances. In all the years i've been doing tournaments, I have never seen an xfiles used in tournament. Same with SF2.

1 year later
#451 7 years ago

you two guys still having a good conversation in here? Oh that's good.

2 weeks later
#456 7 years ago

oh god.......X(

tastes like burning (resized).jpgtastes like burning (resized).jpg

3 years later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-and-rules-to-x-files?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.