20231116_213838 (resized).jpg
20231116_203253 (resized).jpg
20231116_210301 (resized).jpg
20231116_203240 (resized).jpg
20231108_163259 (resized).jpg
20231108_163305 (resized).jpg
20231108_163308 (resized).jpg
20231108_163326 (resized).jpg
There are 1,149 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.
#351 7 years ago

The ball stopping in left outlane is prob due to either the game being too less steep, or the switch is too high. Or both ☺

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

My X Files is clean and led'd. Plus new pop bumper lights, upgraded flipper coils, speakers and led speaker lights.

That is SWEET.

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

The ball stopping in left outlane is prob due to either the game being too less steep, or the switch is too high. Or both ☺

Yeah the switch seems too tall and when a ball comes down it can push the wire off to the side a bit and put pressure up against the play field cutout. I just had 3 balls end up resting on that spot this morning so multi ball was just a single ball in play.

#354 7 years ago

Bought some inside-arts today! Do hope it fits well within the machine!

IMG-20161103-WA0012 (resized).jpgIMG-20161103-WA0012 (resized).jpg

#355 7 years ago

I picked up an xfiles a week ago. I am in the process of going over everything and getting it to play right.

I have an issue with the ball getting trapped at the lip of the filecabinet, it doesn't quite go in and gets caught between the gap on the PF and the filecabinet when it is ready for multiball. The lost ball search clears it. The gap does not appear to be adjustable and I tried pulling on the filecabinet to bend it and narrow the gap but it is very sturdy, I may go back to that. I am going to rebuild the flippers and suspect that will help as the ball should hit harder and go into the filecabinet on more shots.

Any other suggestions as to reducing trapped balls between the filecabinet and PF?

Thanks!

#356 7 years ago

Wow, was trying to figure out a new tournament strategy on my X-Files yesterday, and ended up playing for 20-30 minutes. Racked up 19 millions which is not that high, but our game is set up really hard, and the worst was that I finished all modes, and thought the wizard mode would either start right away or I had to hit the sewer, but.... no, I have to lite FBI and then hit the sewer. I think my nerves hit in and managed to drain that last ball after hitting FBI one time.

But, really fun and challenging round, eager to get back and nail that m********r

20161108_204730 (resized).jpg20161108_204730 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#357 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Wow, was trying to figure out a new tournament strategy on my X-Files yesterday, and ended up playing for 20-30 minutes. Racked up 19 millions which is not that high, but our game is set up really hard, and the worst was that I finished all modes, and thought the wizard mode would either start right away or I had to hit the sewer, but.... no, I have to lite FBI and then hit the sewer. I think my nerves hit in and managed to drain that last ball after hitting FBI one time.
But, really fun and challenging round, eager to get back and nail that m********r

I wouldn't be apologizing for that score. I've only broke 10 mil once myself. Congrats.

1 week later
#358 7 years ago

It's here!!!

X-Files Cabinets are done!!!!!

"Well the time is finally here. X-Files cabinets are now on our website! Our cabinet comes with the metal door plate and the new door already mounted to it. Also comes with all the screws for installing it. Thanks everyone for hanging in there with us while we worked on remaking the part."

Announcement:

http://backalleycreations.blogspot.com/2016/11/x-files-cabinets-are-done.html

Order page:

http://www.backalleycreations.com/xfiles%20mods.html

X-files cabinet lower pic (resized).jpgX-files cabinet lower pic (resized).jpg

X-files cabinet top pic (resized).jpgX-files cabinet top pic (resized).jpg

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It's here!!!

With BF free shipping, I couldn't resist. In for a back up...

#360 7 years ago

If anyone who's purchasing this new repro cabinet from BAC, wishes to part ways with your old, used, but in great condition one, I'd be more than happy to acquire it for a fair price...

3 weeks later
#361 7 years ago

Has anyone bought the new filing cabinet yet? Any issues with fit or material?

#362 7 years ago

Just got mine and plan to install it tomorrow.

Thanks Matt at BAC!

#363 7 years ago

It was easy. Just remove the assembly from the game.Remove the screws holding the skin and remove the old skin. Mine was fairly pliable. Remove the back plate(six screws), remove the door and its hinge(two screws). Remove 2 screws on left side of cabinet that secure the slanted metal floor of the cabinet. Slide new skin in place and use new longer screws provided to secure. Install 2 screws on left side to secure metal floor.Remove 2 E-clips from pin on door hinge,and install hinge to new door. Secure door to cabinet , then close up back plate. It is ready to put back in game.

IMG_0737 (resized).JPGIMG_0737 (resized).JPG
IMG_0744 (resized).JPGIMG_0744 (resized).JPG
IMG_0747 (resized).JPGIMG_0747 (resized).JPG
IMG_0745 (resized).JPGIMG_0745 (resized).JPG
IMG_0751 (resized).JPGIMG_0751 (resized).JPG
IMG_0755 2 (resized).JPGIMG_0755 2 (resized).JPG

#364 7 years ago

Cool!!! How's your old one?

#365 7 years ago

I would say it looks a lot like Rocky Balboa...beat to a pulp, but still kicking.

It is yours for the taking if you want it, just PM me your address.

IMG_0789 4 (resized).JPGIMG_0789 4 (resized).JPG
IMG_0789 4 (resized).JPGIMG_0789 4 (resized).JPG
IMG_0738 4 (resized).JPGIMG_0738 4 (resized).JPG
IMG_0788 4 (resized).JPGIMG_0788 4 (resized).JPG

#366 7 years ago

Yay! Congrats Amendes! Looks like you might get a cabinet!

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yay! Congrats Amendes! Looks like you might get a cabinet!

Fact is that I have none, and I know a guy who can recover a used one at some extent, and he can also reproduce a new one, once he gets his hand on a used to serve as a model.... He made me a brand new SWT cannon and it fits and looks amazing!!!

1 week later
#368 7 years ago

Been looking for a working project X-Files for sometime, and was lucky to acquire one before Christmas, and am starting to go over it slowly to assess what I need for restoration. Obviously the filing cabinet is just hanging on and soon will be totally 'buggered' with one more hit, so I've ordered the Back Alley mod/part.

But as I go through the machine I'm seeing there is quite a lot of repair and restoration needed for this machine and thought I'd ask if anyone knows of links to any good 'tear down', 'restoration', 'shop-out' blogs, threads, posts on the WWW, that I could use for reference?

#369 7 years ago

What's a fair price for Xfiles? I see on pinside the average is $2500-2900. Is that about right?

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from rtotans:

What's a fair price for Xfiles? I see on pinside the average is $2500-2900. Is that about right?

It seems to be about the average price right now.

This game is so tough. I still have not completed all of the episodes during a single game or triggered a wizard mode. I've finished The Truth multi ball with over 4,500,000 for a personal best, and on the regular multi ball my personal best was hitting super jackpot 3 times during one. I can get past 6-7 episodes, plus a trivia or two, but still haven't gotten further. Currently have a 41,000,000+ high score on here.

Has anyone ever completed all of the episode modes and gotten to the alleged wizard mode at the end?

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from rtotans:

A friend just sold his for a honest $3k. It was nice fully shopped machine.
I'd take $3k for mine and it's near perfect HUO with mods.
honestly , $3k is high but we're out here on the West Coast.

#372 7 years ago

Yeah I don't think I'd let mine go for any less than 3K at this point, especially since prices keep climbing. It's fast, furious, difficult, limited production and a fantastic theme that can be made to look awesome with the right LED's and all of the great music tracks sound awesome with a subwoofer.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It seems to be about the average price right now.
This game is so tough. I still have not completed all of the episodes during a single game or triggered a wizard mode. I've finished The Truth multi ball with over 4,500,000 for a personal best, and on the regular multi ball my personal best was hitting super jackpot 3 times during one. I can get past 6-7 episodes, plus a trivia or two, but still haven't gotten further. Currently have a 41,000,000+ high score on here.
Has anyone ever completed all of the episode modes and gotten to the alleged wizard mode at the end?

lol no, I was two fbi ramp hits away from starting wizard mode. That was quite fucked up.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I never did reach Blood in the 2 years that I had the game. I came so close right before I sold it. That was the one thing that drove me nuts about the game is that you never knew exactly where you were as far as meeting the objective to get to Blood.

I recently changed out all the black rings and post sleeves for the poly-urathane rings sold by Cointaker. Wow ! What difference in the game play- extremely fast and great action.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I was two fbi ramp hits away from starting wizard mode.

Oh no! That would kill me. I was probably through a good 7 episodes earlier today, I figured I had one left maybe, either way I was crushed because it's tough getting through that many I think.

Quoted from sgorsuch:

That was the one thing that drove me nuts about the game is that you never knew exactly where you were as far as meeting the objective to get to Blood

I've still never seen official rules or documentation or evidence this even exists. Lots of people talk about it as if it does and I'm not saying they're wrong, I just never see any conclusive info other than random comments.

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Oh no! That would kill me. I was probably through a good 7 episodes earlier today, I figured I had one left maybe, either way I was crushed because it's tough getting through that many I think.

I've still never seen official rules or documentation or evidence this even exists. Lots of people talk about it as if it does and I'm not saying they're wrong, I just never see any conclusive info other than random comments.

Yeah it is 9 x-files/modes (IIRC) and the tenth will be blood. If you hold both flipperbuttons you can see on the status screen how many files remain til blood.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

If you hold both flipperbuttons you can see on the status screen how many files remain til blood.

Whoa! So much for starting the work day. BRB, important testing must commence, thanks for the tip!

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from rtotans:

I've bought one for $1800 and one for $1600, both in the last year. One was a reimport, but both were in great shape. I'm surprised at the quoted prices, maybe this title is finally getting some respect. It seems I've found them cheap because the game doesn't have a great rep.

Before someone asks, I've traded the second one. I didn't get a whole lot of interesting offers, but settled on DE Star Trek for it.

#379 7 years ago

Yeah luckily I got in before the prices went up a good grand in the last year or more on these. I think when I got mine the estimated value was still under 2K. Picked up a sweet gem that just needed cleaned basically and never letting it go because it's a great theme and super challenging game.

#380 7 years ago

Does anyone have a link to any official or unofficial rules / scoring for this game by chance?

Never mind - found it:

http://pinball.org/rules/xfiles.html

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

If you hold both flipperbuttons you can see on the status screen how many files remain til blood.

Finally got down there to try this and wow, I can hardly believe it's true... I've had this game over a year now and never knew that. Figured I'd add two extra spotlights while I was in there. I'm going for blood later tonight. Thanks again for the tip.

#382 7 years ago

Ha- I never knew that about the game at all. I guess it never hurts to ask.

I agree about adding spots to the game- there are times when it is downright disorienting when the GI goes out in certain modes or multiball. i added a SMD strip in the outhole and apron on a constant 12vdc circuit to help illuminate the area during the dark modes. - should have added the spots to help also. Did add one spot on Flukeman.

Also added a controlled lamp under the lightning plastic above the plunger/launch button - and tied it into the lamp for the plunger. It always seemed strange to have a plastic that was just dark.

IMG_0833 (resized).JPGIMG_0833 (resized).JPG

#383 7 years ago

Nice looking game! I'm gonna have to go down and play mine some more. Plus I still want to add lighting under the apron as well, it is pretty dark down there.

#384 7 years ago

Holy cow blood mode exists and it is awesome!!! Just went down for a game after all the recent posts here got me thinking about my game more. Did that, made it back around another 6 episodes, had a few multi balls but no super jackpot on any of them but I also had a truth multi ball that netted over 10,000,000 alone! Killer game!

2017-SGC-x-files-high-score-60000-plus (resized).jpg2017-SGC-x-files-high-score-60000-plus (resized).jpg

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Ha- I never knew that about the game at all. I guess it never hurts to ask.
I agree about adding spots to the game- there are times when it is downright disorienting when the GI goes out in certain modes or multiball. i added a SMD strip in the outhole and apron on a constant 12vdc circuit to help illuminate the area during the dark modes. - should have added the spots to help also. Did add one spot on Flukeman.
Also added a controlled lamp under the lightning plastic above the plunger/launch button - and tied it into the lamp for the plunger. It always seemed strange to have a plastic that was just dark.

Beautiful!

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Holy cow blood mode exists and it is awesome!!! Just went down for a game after all the recent posts here got me thinking about my game more. Did that, made it back around another 6 episodes, had a few multi balls but no super jackpot on any of them but I also had a truth multi ball that netted over 10,000,000 alone! Killer game!

Without extra balls? :O

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Without the glass!

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I earned a surprise extra ball for completing the smoking man episode, but that was the only one I got.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Without the glass!

Haha, nope! With the glass on. I refuse to resort to those tactics no matter how bad I want to see a mode or end of a game, I won't even look for someone else's video, I need to see it first hand for myself no matter how many games it takes. I'm on default manufacturer settings for the game as well.

If you peek over my other high scores, you'll see that I tend to do pretty well on a variety of machines. I love playing, but going after high scores is an extra passion of mine. Sometimes I totally suck, but when I get in the zone there's almost no stopping the magic from happening.

Case in point, I just crushed the Pinside high score for SWEP1, a game I don't own, it's my friends, he had tiny outlanes and super sensitive tilt that got me 2x during the game just from hitting the flipper buttons both at about the same time a little too hard. He had #1 score here with over 300,000,000 and I just raised the bar with 404,000,000+. I've only played SWEP1 maybe 15-20 times total in my life.

#389 7 years ago

Gratz!
I thought I saw the status screen thingy for remaining modes in this thread, but it might have been somewhere else
really strange they just did not add inserts for each mode, since it has alrady borrowed stuff from ToM =)

#390 7 years ago

Hello everyone I just recently purchased an X-Files pinball machine and I figured this would be the best place to ask about advice on where to find parts for this machine. One certain part that I'm looking for is the metal plate that goes in front of the filing cabinet that prevent magnet burn if anyone knows where to get this it would be greatly appreciate it. because I have a sizable hole in my Playfield. And I'm also having sound problems, some of the sounds come across scratchy, but not all of them. I thought it was a bad speaker but I replaced it with a new one , and its still scratchy but a better sounding scratchy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

detail (resized).JPGdetail (resized).JPG

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It's here!!!
"Well the time is finally here. X-Files cabinets are now on our website! Our cabinet comes with the metal door plate and the new door already mounted to it. Also comes with all the screws for installing it. Thanks everyone for hanging in there with us while we worked on remaking the part."
Announcement:
http://backalleycreations.blogspot.com/2016/11/x-files-cabinets-are-done.html
Order page:
http://www.backalleycreations.com/xfiles%20mods.html

So how strong is the FC? Will it last?

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from Epistaxis:

One certain part that I'm looking for is the metal plate that goes in front of the filing cabinet that prevent magnet burn if anyone knows where to get this it would be greatly appreciate it.

Marco Specialties had it but has since gone out of stock... - http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8265-01

Maybe Cliffy can remake them. I have one, not being used, that I could send him as a template. I'm not using mine because I just used it to trace a piece of Mylar for that spot instead because I didn't want to cover the artwork there. I'd rather not part with it, for sake of keeping my game as original and complete as possible.

I already reached out to him to see if it's possible to do this, for you or anyone else who may need or want this piece.

#393 7 years ago

Heard back from Cliffy already...

"Steve please tell whomever needs the xfiles plate that I have been making it for quite some time with all apologies for not having put in onsite. Since I cannot attach pix to a pinside mail I'm replying to your email (well, I had to pick from half a dozen emails "

"Please feel free to forward the pic to the pinside xfiles group. The cost is $12. ...I rarely have time or access to pinside anymore these days"

Cliff
A passion for pinball!

XFiles-Mag-Plate (resized).jpgXFiles-Mag-Plate (resized).jpg

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Heard back from Cliffy already...
"Steve please tell whomever needs the xfiles plate that I have been making it for quite some time with all apologies for not having put in onsite. Since I cannot attach pix to a pinside mail I'm replying to your email (well, I had to pick from half a dozen emails "
"Please feel free to forward the pic to the pinside xfiles group. The cost is $12. ...I rarely have time or access to pinside anymore these days"
Cliff
A passion for pinball!

Cool! Thanks man, I'll reach Cliff out!

#395 7 years ago

http://www.passionforpinball.com and just send him an email to request what you need if you can't find it on the site and he'll send a PayPal invoice.

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from Epistaxis:

I'm having sound problems where some of the sounds come across scratchy but not all of them.

My buddy and I each purchased X-files NIB in 1997 and some (but not all) of the voice clips were scratchy from the start (and still are). Since it is always the same clips that sound scratchy it just seems like bad recordings.

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

some (but not all) of the voice clips were scratchy from the start (and still are).

I seriously do not recall ever hearing anything scratchy on my X Files machine. I wonder if a ROM update fixed it or why I don't notice it on my game.

I'm hooked up to an amplified external sub which really makes the multitude of available music tracks within the game resonate very well.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

http://www.passionforpinball.com and just send him an email to request what you need if you can't find it on the site and he'll send a PayPal invoice.

Thanks for posting that for me Steve- I'm just so swamped I barely have time to follow my pinside friends these days. Folks can email me at [email protected] or [email protected] or PM me here. Email preferred though please- And when emailing to purchase something please include a shipping address, phone number if outside the USA and an email I can send a paypal invoice to. Thanks guys!

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks for posting that for me Steve- I'm just so swamped I barely have time to follow my pinside friends these days. Folks can email me at [email protected] or [email protected] or PM me here. Email preferred though please- And when emailing to purchase something please include a shipping address, phone number if outside the USA and an email I can send a paypal invoice to. Thanks guys!

Sending you and e-mail right now

#400 7 years ago

Wow that's great new about Cliffy. I will defiantly be picking one of those up from him soon. Because my playfield has a bad burn mark on it. As for the sound issue, I have watched many you tube videos and my sound is way off compared to the videos . I will try to put op a video with the way it sounds soon. Thanks for the help guys!

IMAG0068 (resized).jpgIMAG0068 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,149 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-and-rules-to-x-files/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.