So, just droddling a little bit about different strategies, especially for tournament play.
The most obvious and most used one is choose Mulder, dare/not dare to raise the his jackpot value with right standups, then start multiball and shoot the ramps and cabinet for SJ, repeat.
After trying this myself I know I have a real issue with hitting the left ramp consistently, and although I usually backhand the right ramp, while in multiball It never works So, while it sa big earner points-wise if you can repeat the above some times, it is almost wasted if you dont cash in some double jackpots and super jackpots.
So I have tried another strategy, which I will explore further on friday:
2. Shoot the left orbit to get into bumpers, work towards Super pops and that also build up the bonus to 2x,4x etc.
3. While sometimes missing the orbit you hit scully targets to raise jackpots to 300 - 400 K.(these targets is what makes up eob-bonus)
4. After super pops, and hopefully getting some points from that, shoot for tooms, which will earn you roughly 800 k.
5. While going for tooms and orbits, the idea is to build towards scully mb by shooting x's, so this should be starting mb shortly after the above. Maybe get 1-2 millions in Truth.
6. After this go for some modes and try get to Terma, and dont loose the ball when you just have started it.
After this, either build up more super pops and some modes, or tr for truth mb again.
This is basically my new strategy to try. Any thoughts?
Our machine is on Extra hard and is really challenging, so the total average score in our last tournament was on 3,8 million.
Thats why I am thinking that the above strategy might be just as good, although its a longer path to the points.