Topic Stats

• 755 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by C65Mustang
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200123_103445 (resized).jpg
20200123_103438 (resized).jpg
20200123_102651 (resized).jpg
20200109_164339 (resized).jpg
20200105_210433 (resized).jpg
20191229_201056 (resized).jpg
20191223_165213 (resized).jpg
20191223_110435 (resized).jpg
20191219_220516 (resized).jpg
20191214_112619 (resized).jpg
20191205_205221 (resized).jpg
20191211_211432 (resized).jpg
20191204_204416 (resized).jpg
20191203_203536 (resized).jpg
20191201_215025 (resized).jpg
20191201_202559 (resized).jpg

There are 755 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Stal8080:

So there is actually a bulb somewhere inside of the Flukeman???? Mine might be out because I never noticed it....what size bulb???

Maybe I installed the spotlight that shines on Flukeman? I can't remember if the light was there or not. Either was, just a regular #555 incandescent bulb.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Maybe I installed the spotlight that shines on Flukeman? I can't remember if the light was there or not. Either was, just a regular #555 incandescent bulb.

I think he misunderstood because I maybe confusingly wrote I tried a bulb inside flukeman =) Which was purely custom

#103 4 years ago

Adding led ring to friends pin. Any update on best place to connect to let me know. I think having it green all
The time would look cool

#104 4 years ago

replied to your PM now, billsfanmd

#105 4 years ago

thanks...just dont see ho to center the comet led ring in the baby tube. IT would sit right were the screw holes are for the light sockets

1 week later
#106 4 years ago

So i tried to take a photo without unscrewing the cannister (didnt have time), but maybe this gives you some answers?

I seem to recall that the ring is actually held in place by the bulbs.

alien_led_ring1.jpg

#107 4 years ago

Thanks. I just put mine below the baby. looks great

#108 4 years ago
#109 4 years ago

I played X-Files last night after almost exclusively playing Shadow the last few weeks. What a great game with fun flow. I had a ball that I kept shooting left and right thru the horseshoe for like 7 times. The ramps are some of the fastest and smoothest and so satisfying to nail consecutively. And those shots are tight, which does make it a nice challenge. Just wish the audio was better and different artwork on the sling plastics.

I also enjoy playing teams against myself and wish all pins had that option.

1 month later
#110 4 years ago

Are there any scoring strategies to X-files? I just started playing this at the local bar and like it since you don't see it around much. Only put in two games but can you stack the modes with the filing cabinet MB?

#111 4 years ago

Unfortunately no, no stacking possibilities. I used to go for modes and truth ,ultiball, but one of those who got the grand champion and hi scores in our pinball club, just went for Mulder multiball all the way.

I love the game, but I would also like to P-roc some changes into the code, would be awesome to be able to stack mb's and modes in this game

#112 4 years ago

Finally brought out my video camera and thought id shoot a quick and (skill lacking) gameplay video, primarily just to show off some of the LED mods I have done and how it looks when playing. Will post a PAPA style gameplay video later when I have the proper equipment.
Hope it can be of amusement to some other sega x-filers who either are in the club or are considering joining.

Again: It is a HARD game if you dont really practice the aim =)

#113 4 years ago

Realized I have several subwoofers sitting around and just added one to the X-Files I'm selling this weekend. Didn't think it would do much for X-Files, but really does punch up the theme music and sounds. Worth adding if you have an external sub not being used.

#114 4 years ago
#115 4 years ago

What is everyone's high scores? I've had the game for a week and really dig it. Looking into putting in a second speaker soon.
LEDs in the alien above look great!

#116 4 years ago

the location one here a lot of play and all our high scores are in the 23-27M range - none of us has got to blood in the couple weeks it's been in

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

What is everyone's high scores? I've had the game for a week and really dig it. Looking into putting in a second speaker soon.

drspite it being my own game, i am struggling getting over 10 millions. It is set on extra hard, tournament mode and no extra ball.

#118 4 years ago

Said goodbye to my X-Files over the weekend. I bought it at Allentown just for something new to play that didn't need any work or shopping. I wanted to have another pin to play while I worked on a few projects and knew I'd sell it for what I paid when it was time.

Funny though, I got a Space Jam that was local and a good price a few days before X-files left. Same thinking with SJ, play it for a while after fixing issues and shopping. Fun game actually and will be bringing it to York for freeplay.

The SJ callouts and music got me to thinking "what if" X-Files had loud, clear, understandable and fun call outs? The audio is what is so sorely lacking - although adding an external subwoofer makes the music and effects have more oomph - the call outs are so boring, low key and muffled. X-Files is such a fast pin with great flow when nailing all the shots - and the audio is such a downer.

#119 4 years ago

Had X-Files in our monthly tournament in oslo pinball club on friday, I must say it is a great tournament machine! it has naturally relatively short ball times, and it is also very balanced in the scoring! Will absolutely include this more often in our tournaments

sigx.jpg

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I have broke 30 million about 3 times...never sniffed 40. Tough game, getting blood is damn near impossible.

#121 4 years ago

Wow I haven't cracked 20mil yet and still haven't got to blood. One day.
This is my second Sega game, Goldeneye being my first, and with both games the wizard mode seems almost impossible to get to.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaverBrewing:

I have broke 30 million about 3 times...never sniffed 40. Tough game, getting blood is damn near impossible.

I think yours was the first I ever played! I sucked ass at it and didn't get it until one popped up on location here in SF. I think I played against Petey when I dropped into PPL league night when I was in town

#123 4 years ago

Man, I've had this for almost a year and have only touched 16 million once. Ugh! Shots are so tight but I keep coming back for more punishment. Haha.

#124 4 years ago

My high score might have been close to 60 million - I know I hit 40 mil a few times. Low scoring game and very fun. Too hard to start modes though I think, at least on factory settings, so I've never gotten close to Blood.

Big points come on the completing the multiballs a few times and spamming the left ramp to light extra ball.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Shots are so tight but I keep coming back for more punishment.

Since you only own two pins you have to play it a lot. Of my 16 pins X-Files is the least played by me.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My high score might have been close to 60 million

I was about to say "what the fuck", but then I read that you have enabled extra balls which makes it slightly more possible to get some more chances. Played x-files for an hour this evening, never got to the fourth mode or over 9 millions. I have it on extra hard settings, no extra ball etc so guess Im just tormenting myself -_-

But I have to practice more to get the FBI shot/ramp into my fingers, so i can hit it every time. Will require some long hours

Grats on the almost 60 mills!

#127 4 years ago

Anyone know what League & Wizard mode do? Accidentally discovered these playing on location. image.jpegimage.jpeg

#128 4 years ago

Have not seen those before.

Is there a way to turn off tilt on this game? In the adjustments menu I can change the number of warnings it gives but can't find a simple 'off' for tilt.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Anyone know what League & Wizard mode do? Accidentally discovered these playing on location. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Weird! I've never seen that.

#130 4 years ago

I figured out if you hold left button and hit start = League. Both buttons (or maybe just right) + Start = Wizard.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I figured out if you hold left button and hit start = League. Both buttons (or maybe just right) + Start = Wizard.

Sweet. I will try this after work today.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Have not seen those before.
Is there a way to turn off tilt on this game? In the adjustments menu I can change the number of warnings it gives but can't find a simple 'off' for tilt.

............................just take it out.

#133 4 years ago

Why would you play without tilt? Wheres the challenge in moving the game indefinently and saving every ball?

#134 4 years ago

I suggest taking out the tilt, not abusing the machine. I have mine out, and it's still hard as hell having a game that last more than 5 minutes.

#135 4 years ago

I own an X-files and have a question for all you who own it. Has anyone had issues with the lamps on the back 3 lanes either being out or staying on? makes it hard to tell which lanes are lit and which ones will finish multiplier.

On the game itself, I find it one of my most challenging pins. The shots are very tight and with a good coat of wax it can play very fast. i have it in hard mode. Before anyone jumps at me saying well you must have junk for pins take a peek at what I have. I have WOZ, ACDC luci, Kiss Pro, Avatar, Transformers LE, pin-bot, funhouse, RFM, LCA, T2 RCT, Getaway, Amazing Spider-man, Power play and xenon at home with it. I enjoy all my pins. X-files is part of my rotation of pins that go on location. I do enjoy having the game home to work on and play. It gets rotated out with Twister, Getaway, Fishtales, POTC, LOTR, Taxi, Apollo 13, and SWep1.

#136 4 years ago

Nope, havent had any issued with those lamps. But have issues with the bulbs on top of cabinet jumping out of their bulb sockets, and also the lamp near the left ramp being "turned" so that it blocks ball in the ramp

#137 4 years ago

OK read the manual today when a tech came to help out with the tournament I ran where the X-files is on location. So LEAGUE MODE (left button + Start) is kind of like Tournament Mode on modern sterns. It will give everyone the same things in the same order (I guess for modes) and no catchup type features like if you are sucking it won't try and give you better awards etc. WIZARD MODE it said something like "similar to League but harder!" so don't play WIZARD!

pinball2015_1129.jpg

pinball2015_1130.jpg

#138 4 years ago

Nice cab, custom?

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Nice cab, custom?

the one in the pix? I have no idea - I doubt it - think it's original - this local op isn't really known for doing mods to the machines

#140 4 years ago

Hmm yeah might be the same as mine haha, it just looked so smooth

#141 4 years ago

So, just droddling a little bit about different strategies, especially for tournament play.
The most obvious and most used one is choose Mulder, dare/not dare to raise the his jackpot value with right standups, then start multiball and shoot the ramps and cabinet for SJ, repeat.

After trying this myself I know I have a real issue with hitting the left ramp consistently, and although I usually backhand the right ramp, while in multiball It never works So, while it sa big earner points-wise if you can repeat the above some times, it is almost wasted if you dont cash in some double jackpots and super jackpots.

So I have tried another strategy, which I will explore further on friday:
1.Choose Scully
2. Shoot the left orbit to get into bumpers, work towards Super pops and that also build up the bonus to 2x,4x etc.
3. While sometimes missing the orbit you hit scully targets to raise jackpots to 300 - 400 K.(these targets is what makes up eob-bonus)
4. After super pops, and hopefully getting some points from that, shoot for tooms, which will earn you roughly 800 k.
5. While going for tooms and orbits, the idea is to build towards scully mb by shooting x's, so this should be starting mb shortly after the above. Maybe get 1-2 millions in Truth.
6. After this go for some modes and try get to Terma, and dont loose the ball when you just have started it.

After this, either build up more super pops and some modes, or tr for truth mb again.

This is basically my new strategy to try. Any thoughts?
Our machine is on Extra hard and is really challenging, so the total average score in our last tournament was on 3,8 million.
Thats why I am thinking that the above strategy might be just as good, although its a longer path to the points.

#142 4 years ago

Agree that if you can't consistently hit the left ramp that Scully could work well. The thing with the modes is you don't really know what mode is next do you? In tournament mode (league and wizard too?) the order is consistent for everyone?

#143 4 years ago

Yeah in tournament mode which my machine is set up with, the order is the same.
Colony, Talitha cum(i), Terma..and after that i have yet to discover

#144 4 years ago

Got the light issues working but have one more. When playing a long game and playing out a long multiball, the flippers and all coils on the game get weaker and weaker. the lights flash. I have the original mpu, Rottendog driver, rottendog dmd driver, and original style power supply board. Any ideas?

#145 4 years ago

I'm in the market for an X-Files:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/26296

Anyone have a minty one they want to move?

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

image.jpeg

#146 4 years ago

Though mine is not for sale, it is great to see interest in aquiring an x-files

#147 4 years ago

I know the game get a bad rap, but I played it for the first time at PAGG in May and really liked the game. I suppose it help we loved the show, but in the end it was just fun to us. I have a nice solid lead on what appears to be a HUO game. Shipping will kill any deal to be had, but sometimes we do crazy things in this hobby...

I'm excited to possibly land this game and use it as a tournament game at our next party!

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I know the game get a bad rap, but I played it for the first time at PAGG in May and really liked the game. I suppose it help we loved the show, but in the end it was just fun to us. I have a nice solid lead on what appears to be a HUO game. Shipping will kill any deal to be had, but sometimes we do crazy things in this hobby...
I'm excited to possibly land this game and use it as a tournament game at our next party!

Its a GREAT tournament game. We have in our tournament tomorrow, at Oslo Pinball Club, and also had it last month. There is noe "one shot" gives you 90 % more score than something else, and no "repeat this ramp x times for multiplied score". It is very balanced. And difficult. But if you get an X-Files that is in good shape, or if you put it back in shape yourself its a winner!

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

There is no "one shot" gives you 90 % more score than something else, and no "repeat this ramp x times for multiplied score". It is very balanced. And difficult.

but dialing in the left ramp is so key - and hard!

3 weeks later
#150 4 years ago

Finally got started on my badge mod operation. Almost done, just need some help from you guys for the last part: Piggybacking of the badge lights. I have 2 red/black wire going from a 555 bulb behind the badge in the back, but..how do I connect this one to the idc-base that holds the .555 under the playfield badge? :s

first I thought it would be to lugs, and just solder onto them, but no... See attached photos.
Also, the photos of the whole process will come in the posts below.

26.jpg

27.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sebring, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wood Dale, IL
Boards
PinSound
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Tools
PinShield
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 755 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside