20231116_213838 (resized).jpg
20231116_203253 (resized).jpg
20231116_210301 (resized).jpg
20231116_203240 (resized).jpg
20231108_163259 (resized).jpg
20231108_163305 (resized).jpg
20231108_163308 (resized).jpg
20231108_163326 (resized).jpg
There are 1,149 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.
#552 6 years ago

Yeah, but that's the thing with ebay... some sellers do not ship to Brazil, and whey they do, the ebay global shipping program costs an arm and a leg...

#554 6 years ago

Wondering if anyone has part number for switch behind ball launch button.

#555 6 years ago

I believe it's the same part as any illuminated arcade push button switch. I pulled one off of my multicade to replace my illuminated launch button in my last action hero and it fit perfectly.

1 week later
#556 6 years ago

I really love this game! I picked one up at a really good price and it turned out to be a diamond in the rough. The buyer had been playing it with no rubbers on the flippers and the ball was getting lost on launch. When I got it home I noticed that it was missing the scoop in the shooter lane so the ball was going up and under the plastics (I made one out of stainless steel). Plus, there were three sets of flipper rubbers in the cab. Hehe! oh and a full bottle of Novus 2 and a bunch of quarters. I guess he never opened up the cab. He had it for sale for $2500 on FB and I caught him when he dropped it down to $1200. He just wanted it gone at that point.

I rebuilt my file cabinet with fiberglass and epoxy, sprayed three coats of clear in the magnet area (I had just a little touchup). I had to heat and push flush a couple of inserts, and added LEDs and cleaned up just the slightest bit of acid leakage and added NVRAM. Oh, and the DMD was gassed out. I put in a new one, which looks awesome!

Super fun game. I've owned a lot of pins and some of the 90's Williams and I don't understand the hate on this game. I've learned not to pay attention to them and count my blessings that there are some great games out there at a value price. It's hard to beat this one.

20170831_170601 (resized).jpg20170831_170601 (resized).jpg

20170831_170446 (resized).jpg20170831_170446 (resized).jpg

20170831_170500 (resized).jpg20170831_170500 (resized).jpg

#557 6 years ago

Welcome! It is a relative hard game if you miss the ramps, but it has plenty of modes, simple but funny animations and the best super pops sound ive ever heard (not necessarily the audio quality but the sound itself )

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Welcome! It is a relative hard game if you miss the ramps, but it has plenty of modes, simple but funny animations and the best super pops sound ive ever heard (not necessarily the audio quality but the sound itself )

After playing XF for a while my Time Machine ramps seem much easier to hit and I thought they were tight.

#559 6 years ago

I think my favorite ramps are CFTBL but man if you can hit these ramps clean... like a left, left, right combo where you hit then flush... I have never had a more satisfying feeling in pinball. Definitely a love/hate relationship with this game for me, If I am having one of those days where I can't hit my shots this game will eat me up and I have to walk away, but oh how I love it when the shots are rollin'!

-Jim

1 week later
#560 6 years ago

Hey guys just picked up xfiles! It's kind of a work in progress! My question is I don't think my Optus are working! They are lighting up in front of the file cabinet but if I put a ball up to them nothing happens! Also it's ejecting multiple balls into th shooter lane. Is this just an opto problem or board? Thanks for any help!!!!!

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Hey guys just picked up xfiles! It's kind of a work in progress! My question is I don't think my Optus are working! They are lighting up in front of the file cabinet but if I put a ball up to them nothing happens! Also it's ejecting multiple balls into th shooter lane. Is this just an opto problem or board? Thanks for any help!!!!!

Make sure the optos are aligned properly with each other. They move out of position easily.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Make sure the optos are aligned properly with each other. They move out of position easily.

Thanks I'll give it a try and repost back!

#563 6 years ago

A pic my restorer sent me today...

IMG-20170914-WA0005 (resized).jpgIMG-20170914-WA0005 (resized).jpg

#564 6 years ago

Trying to make sure every thing is working right! So I have two questions. When does the diverter pop up in the back of the play field and causes it and what triggers the file cabinet to drop a drawer? I guess that's three questions ha ha.
Thanks guys

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Trying to make sure every thing is working right! So I have two questions. When does the diverter pop up in the back of the play field and causes it and what triggers the file cabinet to drop a drawer? I guess that's three questions ha ha.
Thanks guys

The diverted pops up unless you are shooting an X shot or in a mode. In those cases, it is down for the orbit.

The filing cabinet takes a certain number of hits to get ready for MB. On the last two hits, it starts dropping down. If you are playing as Mulder, the number of hits is less, and on the start of each new ball, it drops one. Playing as Scully requires more hits, and you don't get any free drops.

#566 6 years ago

I picked up a couple project sega pinball machines last weekend and I can't wait to get the X-files up and running. I have a list of all that I am missing or I know I have to fix. Please let me know if this is a lost cause

X-files
- missing I/O power board
- Missing DMD assy
- Missing lunch ball button
- some rewiring needed under playfield
- some ramp repair needed

Viper night drivin
- Missing DMD assy
- Bad acid damage to the CPU/sound board
- Missing all glow-balls
- rework needed to DMD power board

A ton of cleaning needed on both of these. I want to bring both back to life but wanted to check with you all first.

Thanks in advance

IMG_4862 (resized).PNGIMG_4862 (resized).PNG

IMG_4861 (resized).PNGIMG_4861 (resized).PNG

IMG_4850 (resized).JPGIMG_4850 (resized).JPG

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

I picked up a couple project sega pinball machines last weekend and I can't wait to get the X-files up and running. I have a list of all that I am missing or I know I have to fix. Please let me know if this is a lost cause
X-files
- missing I/O power board
- Missing DMD assy
- Missing lunch ball button
- some rewiring needed under playfield
- some ramp repair needed
Viper night drivin
- Missing DMD assy
- Bad acid damage to the CPU/sound board
- Missing all glow-balls
- rework needed to DMD power board
A ton of cleaning needed on both of these. I want to bring both back to life but wanted to check with you all first.
Thanks in advance

Cool! If you want/need some plastics for The X Files, I can help you... a friend of mine down here is making excellent quality repros!

1 week later
#568 6 years ago

New repro plastics that will be installed at my machine!

IMG_1679 (resized).JPGIMG_1679 (resized).JPG

20160620_202846 (resized).jpg20160620_202846 (resized).jpg

IMG_1678 (resized).JPGIMG_1678 (resized).JPG

1 week later
1 week later
#570 6 years ago

http://www.cbr.com/x-files-season-11-hunt-william-skinner-backstory/amp/

Am I the only one super excited with this new X-Files season?

2 weeks later
#572 6 years ago

Any other Mods that people have added to this game?

#573 6 years ago

I need help from anyone. I am looking for the X files shooter button assembly for my cabinet as mine is missing. Please let me know if you have one and how much you would like for it to be shipped to Texas zip 76227

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Any other mods that people have added to this game?

Quoted from C65Mustang:

I am looking for the X files shooter button assembly for my cabinet as mine is missing.

I'm thinking that your first mod should be to add a shooter button.

Those shooter buttons often are missing because people remove it to look for treasure under it (since "X" marks the spot).

#575 6 years ago

Does anyone have a spare sega cpu board lying around you can sell me? Project boards are fine I can rebuild it. Please pm! Thanks

#576 6 years ago

I believe I have an x-files cpu board with a big amount of alcaline damage, I had to buy another for my x-files. So it is probably of no use though...

#577 6 years ago

This thread makes me happy to know I'm not alone in really digging this game!

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

This thread makes me happy to know I'm not alone in really digging this game!

It’s a fast, brutal and fun game. It is my go to pin for a quick fix.

3 weeks later
#579 6 years ago

I started to work in a lot of customizations for "X-Files Pinball" by SEGA. I like to invite to you to my artworks thread. I´m showing screenshots, videos and photos of my customizations for X-Files in page 3:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/3

I show a example:

"X-Files Pinball Custom Cards - Instructions" (SEGA) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
X-Files Pinball Custom Cards - Instructions print1 (resized).JPGX-Files Pinball Custom Cards - Instructions print1 (resized).JPG

I hope you like!

4 weeks later
#580 6 years ago

Nice looking instructions!

1 week later
#581 6 years ago

Have I posted pics of my XFiles repro plastics here before?

20160620_202846 (resized).jpg20160620_202846 (resized).jpg

#582 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a magnet plate for my X-Files part number 535-8265-01

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from cutlerkeith:

Does anyone know where I can get a magnet plate for my X-Files part number 535-8265-01

The metal plate over the magnet that prevents wear? Cliffy sells them. You may have to email him. I’m not sure if they are on his website or not.

1 week later
#584 6 years ago

Been busy giving my X-Files a face lift over the week or so. I went through the process of giving it a complete overhaul mid 2016, rebuilding all the assemblies, full playfield, clean, etc. For anyone interested, a series of blog posts covering the work done can be found here: http://www.enteryourinitials.com/category/pinball/x-files-sega-1997/

Now it was time to sort out the cabinet. The artwork was really faded and in a number of places had been attacked with black and purple paint brushes. It wasn't horrible, but I wanted it to look better

xfiles_new_decals_start_1 (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_start_1 (resized).jpg

xfiles_new_decals_crap_paint_touchups (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_crap_paint_touchups (resized).jpg

xfiles_new_decals_start_2 (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_start_2 (resized).jpg

I went through the process of removing everything from the cabinet so the old artwork could be sanded away.

xfiles_new_decals_old_colours (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_old_colours (resized).jpg

xfiles_new_decals_cabinet_stripped (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_cabinet_stripped (resized).jpg

Spent a bit of time preping the cabinet - fill, sand, repeat until happy

xfiles_new_decals_cabinet_sanded_1 (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_cabinet_sanded_1 (resized).jpg

xfiles_new_decals_cabinet_sanded_2 (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_cabinet_sanded_2 (resized).jpg

Then applied new decals and reassembled the game.

xfiles_new_decals_installed_1 (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_installed_1 (resized).jpg

xfiles_new_decals_cabinet_no_wrinkles (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_cabinet_no_wrinkles (resized).jpg

xfiles_new_decals_coin_door_installed (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_coin_door_installed (resized).jpg

xfiles_new_decals_completed_1 (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_completed_1 (resized).jpg

xfiles_new_decals_completed_3 (resized).jpgxfiles_new_decals_completed_3 (resized).jpg

I'm really happy with how it's come up.

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Been busy giving my X-Files a face lift over the week or so. I went through the process of giving it a complete overhaul mid 2016, rebuilding all the assemblies, full playfield, clean, etc. For anyone interested, a series of blog posts covering the work done can be found here: http://www.enteryourinitials.com/category/pinball/x-files-sega-1997/
Now it was time to sort out the cabinet. The artwork was really faded and in a number of places had been attacked with black and purple paint brushes. It wasn't horrible, but I wanted it to look better

I went through the process of removing everything from the cabinet so the old artwork could be sanded away.

Spent a bit of time preping the cabinet - fill, sand, repeat until happy

Then applied new decals and reassembled the game.

I'm really happy with how it's come up.

Beautiful!

1 week later
#586 6 years ago

My new keychain!

IMG-20180131-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20180131-WA0000 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#587 6 years ago

Hi everyone. I got this original X Files translite in gorgeous condition for sale. US$ 100 shipped worldwide... Anyone interested?

IMG-20171113-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20171113-WA0000 (resized).jpg

IMG-20171113-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20171113-WA0001 (resized).jpg

IMG-20171113-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20171113-WA0002 (resized).jpg

IMG-20171113-WA0003 (resized).jpgIMG-20171113-WA0003 (resized).jpg

#588 6 years ago

35D6842D-96AE-4318-A69D-9A7E1CE9F77F (resized).jpeg35D6842D-96AE-4318-A69D-9A7E1CE9F77F (resized).jpeg

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hi everyone. I got this original X Files translite in gorgeous condition for sale. US$ 100 shipped worldwide... Anyone interested?

ORIGINAL (not a repro) in AWESOME CONDITION - US$ 60 + shipping costs + paypal fees!

#590 6 years ago

Is there really any difference between repro or original?

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is there really any difference between repro or original?

Can't assure anything, I mean, I've seen a lot of better than original repros, but also a ton of crappy shit...

4 weeks later
#592 6 years ago

I have an easy idea for a graphic mod of X-Files Pinball by SEGA.

Could someone tell me about measures (X-Y)?

I show a picture with I need.

Alien cab measures in "X-Files Pinball" by SEGA?
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/miscelanea/X-Files%20alien%20cab%20mod.jpg

Thank in advance!

Regards

X-Files alien cab mod.jpgX-Files alien cab mod.jpg

#593 6 years ago

I can measure when im at our club. If i remember

#594 6 years ago

i have one in my garage, I will measure it for you tonight

#595 6 years ago

Thanks so much!

Best regards

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I have an easy idea for a graphic mod of X-Files Pinball by SEGA.
Could someone tell me about measures (X-Y)?
I show a picture with I need.
Alien cab measures in "X-Files Pinball" by SEGA?
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/miscelanea/X-Files%20alien%20cab%20mod.jpg
Thank in advance!
Regards

OK on these measurements I have pictures with them

up and down the measurement is 3.9955 inches (lets call it 4)
xfiles 1 (resized).jpgxfiles 1 (resized).jpg
the straight across left and right without measuring the curve, not sure if anyone cares about this but its 2.9670 inches
xfiles 3 (resized).jpgxfiles 3 (resized).jpg
the measurement of the curve using a string to follow the curve, left and right is 3.5565 inches
xfiles 4 (resized).jpgxfiles 4 (resized).jpg

Let me know if this is what you needed

#597 6 years ago

What a gorgeous work, C65Mustang!!!

Impossible to to it better!

Thanks os much!!!

A long of the next week I will show this easy graphic mod for alien cabinet.

Best regards

Mikonos

1 week later
#598 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

What a gorgeous work, C65Mustang!!!
Impossible to to it better!
Thanks os much!!!
A long of the next week I will show this easy graphic mod for alien cabinet.
Best regards
Mikonos

... and?

#599 6 years ago

Hi AlexSMendes!

Week has not end..., but you are right!

Here my mod:

It is a translucent printed graphic to simulate water in the alien's tank. There are 3 colours options and letters:

"X-Files Alien Cab Graphic Mod" by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/X-Files%20Alien%20Cab%20Graphic%20Mod%20Display.%20Mikonos.jpg

The idea is to stick this vinyl in back of transparent plastic with water for a prefect fit. I think result will be fantastic and will see alien in two way because water´s line level. If you moded this tank with RGB led, result would be gorgeous!

What is your opinion?

Do you like this idea?

Regads

X-Files Alien Cab Graphic Mod Display. Mikonos.jpgX-Files Alien Cab Graphic Mod Display. Mikonos.jpg

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Hi AlexSMendes!
Week has not end..., but you are right!
Here my mod:
It is a translucent printed graphic to simulate water in the alien's tank. There are 3 colours options and letters:
"X-Files Alien Cab Graphic Mod" by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/X-Files%20Alien%20Cab%20Graphic%20Mod%20Display.%20Mikonos.jpg
The idea is to stick this vinyl in back of transparent plastic with water for a prefect fit. I think result will be fantastic and will see alien in two way because water´s line level. If you moded this tank with RGB led, result would be gorgeous!
What is your opinion?
Do you like this idea?
Regads

I like it with the lettering on the side. Now I need one to put in my x-files I am bringing back to life as we speak.

I am not sure which color would work best, with the LED mod in the alien cab I wonder which color would look the best

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,149 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-and-rules-to-x-files/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.