20231116_213838 (resized).jpg
20231116_203253 (resized).jpg
20231116_210301 (resized).jpg
20231116_203240 (resized).jpg
20231108_163259 (resized).jpg
20231108_163305 (resized).jpg
20231108_163308 (resized).jpg
20231108_163326 (resized).jpg
There are 1,149 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.
#451 7 years ago

you two guys still having a good conversation in here? Oh that's good.

#452 7 years ago

Ha... slow day?

I didn't think much of the game when I played on location, but bought one more for the theme and hard-to-resist pricing and it's one of my most played. Have it in -my- A-list line with ST Prem, Safe Cracker, Mystery Castle, and LoTR.

Have you ever owned one? Best not to, might find you like it...

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from Epistaxis:

Dose anyone know where to get a trapdoor decal?

I only ever see a decal come up for sale every few months, it's been awhile. But if you know someone who can make good stickers, here's a scan with special thanks to Jim for scanning and providing this image awhile back for those in need.

Sega_X-Files_Sewer_Cap_w_Ruler.jpgSega_X-Files_Sewer_Cap_w_Ruler.jpg

2 weeks later
#455 7 years ago

Pics of the sigma LCD just messing with the colors now I like purple so far!

IMG_3282 (resized).JPGIMG_3282 (resized).JPG
IMG_3276 (resized).JPGIMG_3276 (resized).JPG

IMG_3272 (resized).JPGIMG_3272 (resized).JPG
IMG_3274 (resized).JPGIMG_3274 (resized).JPG
IMG_3273 (resized).JPGIMG_3273 (resized).JPG
IMG_3275 (resized).JPGIMG_3275 (resized).JPG

IMG_3286 (resized).JPGIMG_3286 (resized).JPG

#456 7 years ago

oh god.......X(

tastes like burning (resized).jpgtastes like burning (resized).jpg

#457 7 years ago

Can't make everyone happy I suppose! But I do love Ralph!

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Pics of the sigma LCD just messing with the colors now I like purple so far!

I don't know if that's some effect of the taken pic, but could the display be brighter?

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I don't know if that's some effect of the taken pic, but could the display be brighter?

I have a black light in the backbox that's why it looks dark in the pics. The LCD is great with no glare on the playfield.

#460 7 years ago

So, X-files season 11 is officially a go now. How much more will an X-files pin be worth when it returns to the spotlight later this year? How many TV shows have returned to prominence after being off the air for 20 years? I'm holding on to mine like it was an original Medieval Madness. Welcome back X-files!
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/the-x-files-season-11-to-begin-production-this-summer-w478110
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/x-files-returning-for-a-10-episode-11th-season/

xfiles-slide (resized).jpgxfiles-slide (resized).jpg

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from JeremyON:

So, X-files season 11 is officially a go now. How much more will an X-files pin be worth when it returns to the spotlight later this year? How many TV shows have returned to prominence after being off the air for 20 years? I'm holding on to mine like it was an original Medieval Madness. Welcome back X-files!
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/the-x-files-season-11-to-begin-production-this-summer-w478110
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/x-files-returning-for-a-10-episode-11th-season/

Great news!

#462 7 years ago

Yes sir! Tales from the crypt is also on its way back to tv again!

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from JeremyON:

X-files season 11 is officially a go now.

Quoted from Antennaejim:

Tales from the crypt is also on its way back to TV again!

Apparently a series needs to be well preserved by protectively storing it in a file cabinet or in a crypt in order for it to be brought back to life years later.

#464 7 years ago

X files is hot
New cabinet decals available
New season

What's next ??
New edition pinball coming ?

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

X files is hot
New cabinet decals available
New season
What's next ??
New edition pinball coming ?

Haha doubt it. But if one of you xfiles can loan one of your machines to Chad, we would get a better xfiles, almost as new!

Get your fingers out!

#466 6 years ago

Hey Guys, asking this for someone else who has this machine. Where is the best place to tap into a 12V and GND line, so he can add a LED flipper button kit and another mod? I don't have this machine myself so i'm unsure if you can source 12V from the driver board or perhaps the machine has a dedicated 12V line for this purpose like some Data East's do just inside the coin door to the right. Thanks in advance

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hey Guys, asking this for someone else who has this machine. Where is the best place to tap into a 12V and GND line, so he can add a LED flipper button kit and another mod? I don't have this machine myself so i'm unsure if you can source 12V from the driver board or perhaps the machine has a dedicated 12V line for this purpose like some Data East's do just inside the coin door to the right. Thanks in advance

I'd advise using 5V or 6.3V LEDs and not 12V. For all flippers I tap into coin door coin return button lights. I suggest using Comet LED's Matric system. Use clear flipper buttons, 3 SMD strip, 24" extension cable and wedge (or socket) connector. Check out Comet LED's Matrix stuff and you'll see what I mean. I have this exact system on my Xfiles (and three other pins).

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I'd advise using 5V or 6.3V LEDs and not 12V. For all flippers I tap into coin door coin return button lights. I suggest using Comet LED's Matric system. Use clear flipper buttons, 3 SMD strip, 24" extension cable and wedge (or socket) connector. Check out Comet LED's Matrix stuff and you'll see what I mean. I have this exact system on my Xfiles (and three other pins).

Thanks for the quick reply mate. The button kits are already 12V, can't be changed but they don't draw much current. The setup is not the same as what you have, no socket, the led is inside the button itself. So the question still remains, closest or best place to tap into a 12V line?

#469 6 years ago

Yes there is a line inside the door to the right I used the 12v tap there for my LCD screen dmd upgrade.

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Yes there is a line inside the door to the right I used the 12v tap there for my LCD screen dmd upgrade.

Thanks, could i trouble you for a picture if possible? so i know which plug and which colour wire is 12V and which is GND. Cheers

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks, could i trouble you for a picture if possible? so i know which plug and which colour wire is 12V and which is GND. Cheers

Never take anyone's word on voltage. Please always use a multimeter to check voltage on the pinball. Who knows if somebody hasn't modified any of the wiring before you got the machine. Better safe than sorry.

IMG_3442 (resized).JPGIMG_3442 (resized).JPG

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Never take anyone's word on voltage. Please always use a multimeter to check voltage on the pinball. Who knows if somebody hasn't modified any of the wiring before you got the machine. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah i know what you mean, i always do myself. I'm just assuming the guy involved isn't completely tech savvy, but i will walk him through it. Just as a matter of interest, what does this plug connect to? Many thanks for the picture and info, it's most appreciated

Ok, i just had a look at an inside cab pic on IPDB but that plug is partly out of the picture, sort of looks like it's an open plug not attached to anything?? Is this correct?

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah i know what you mean, i always do myself. I'm just assuming the guy involved isn't completely tech savvy, but i will walk him through it. Just as a matter of interest, what does this plug connect to? Many thanks for the picture and info, it's most appreciated
Ok, i just had a look at an inside cab pic on IPDB but that plug is partly out of the picture, sort of looks like it's an open plug not attached to anything?? Is this correct?

Yes I have my LCD connected to it in the pic.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Yes I have my LCD connected to it in the pic.

Awesome, MANY thanks Have all the info i need now, Cheers!

#475 6 years ago

Thank you all very much for the help, I am only new to this but very interested to learn. I purchased an X Files pin a few weeks ago as I have always wanted to own my own pinball machine and also really enjoyed all of the X Files series and movies.
I have been steadily doing my best to clean up, restore and enhance it with the various mods available.
* I've just received the new File Cabinet & Door & new clear plastic Magnet Shield (Marco)
* also a full LED Light Kit (CoinTaker)
* some new high-polish Pinballs (Pinball Spare Parts Australia).
* I have also ordered two 4-OHM 4" 2-way speakers for the backbox and a 4-OHM 8" woofer for the cabinet.
* Also ordered a Speaker Light Kit (Doug from SpeakerLightKits.com).
* a set of 4 new polished brass pinball legs and new levellers (Wayne from Mr Pinball Australia)

Other things that are on the way over here from the US are;

Pinball Life:
* 4 x BriteRings Pop Bumper Lights (3 for the pop bumpers and 1 to go in the Floating Hybrid Alien Fetus tank )
* SpotLight Assembly to shine on FlukeMan
* Collapsible PinGulp Beverage Caddy

PatelRock Pinball:
* The X Files superkit (new rubber kit, hardware kit, playfield cleaning kit etc)

And I have also ordered new ROM's due to what seems to be a glitch in the digital scoring display (keeps jumping to 999 999 990 999) every time I hit a jackpot ramp or when I get a Mulder/Skully bonus after losing a ball? The problem somehow also affects the service menu function which is quite disheartening and frustrating at the moment but I'm trying to stay positive that I can find a solution.

Thank you to everyone here on PinSide for creating this X Files PinBall FanClub which has been extremely interesting and helpful.
And much appreciation to Paul from Lakes Entrance for his generosity in helping me move forward with this project.

Best regards,

~ Mick

#476 6 years ago

Just a question to anyone who may be able to help, there is an issue I can't work out at the moment. It's some kind of malfunction/glitch with the CPU that affects the digital scoring function, i.e. every time I get a bonus after losing a ball, or when scoring a jackpot during gameplay it is something crazy like 999 999 920 989 (or similar), so its impossible to know what true score I'm getting. Its been doing this since I bought it a few weeks ago. This glitch even effects the service menu function as when I try to choose the various functions it malfunctions (regardless of whether or not I use the flipper buttons/start button or the actual buttons inside the coin box). I did manage to eventually do a Factory Reset and Audits reset etc but it didn't help. The numbers of most of the settings come up as 999 999 989 (or similar).
I was hoping (to the point of praying) that by replacing the Game ROM A3.O3 and Display ROM0 A3.00 that this would fix it, but to my dismay it didn't make any difference.
The original battery area looks clean and it had previously been relocated to a better position and I have changed to new batteries. The CPU boards look like they are in quite good condition.
I am really hoping that someone can help me sort out this problem as its really disheartening.
With appreciation,
~ Michael

20170413_095900 (resized).jpg20170413_095900 (resized).jpg
20170413_100820 (resized).jpg20170413_100820 (resized).jpg
20170413_095938 (resized).jpg20170413_095938 (resized).jpg
20170413_093828 (resized).jpg20170413_093828 (resized).jpg
20170413_094819 (resized).jpg20170413_094819 (resized).jpg
20170413_093446 (resized).jpg20170413_093446 (resized).jpg

20170505_180217 (resized).jpg20170505_180217 (resized).jpg

20170505_180243 (resized).jpg20170505_180243 (resized).jpg

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Integrated:

Just a question to anyone who may be able to help, there is an issue I can't work out at the moment. It's some kind of malfunction/glitch with the CPU that affects the digital scoring function, i.e. every time I get a bonus after losing a ball, or when scoring a jackpot during gameplay it is something crazy like 999 999 920 989 (or similar), so its impossible to know what true score I'm getting. Its been doing this since I bought it a few weeks ago. This glitch even effects the service menu function as when I try to choose the various functions it malfunctions (regardless of whether or not I use the flipper buttons/start button or the actual buttons inside the coin box). I did manage to eventually do a Factory Reset and Audits reset etc but it didn't help. The numbers of most of the settings come up as 999 999 989 (or similar).
I was hoping (to the point of praying) that by replacing the Game ROM A3.O3 and Display ROM0 A3.00 that this would fix it, but to my dismay it didn't make any difference.
The original battery area looks clean and it had previously been relocated to a better position and I have changed to new batteries. The CPU boards look like they are in quite good condition.
I am really hoping that someone can help me sort out this problem as its really disheartening.
With appreciation,
~ Michael

Not sure what could be causing this one mate. Perhaps start a new thread with the info you have listed? , someone would have encountered this before surely. Admittedly i'm not familiar with Sega machines myself but i'm not positive it would be a Rom issue.

2 weeks later
#478 6 years ago

Thanks Paul, I created a thread regarding the tech issues mentioned and there has been some support which is gradually helping me find a solution. I haven't been able to solve the weird glitch with the digital scoring and malfunctioning portals service mode at this stage but I will remain hopeful
I have been steadily progressing forward with the other aspects of the restoration and upgrades of my X Files pin. I received all of the various mods & upgrades I mentioned in an earlier post and have just finished today installing the 3 new speakers along with the LED SpeakerLight kit. I also wired up the new spotlight shining onto the Flukeman, which also looks very effective. I am happy with the Speaker Lights and the remote control device that comes with it has many great options to alter the colours etc.
The speaker lights and new sound system really adds to the experience. My girlfriend and I had a few games tonight and had a great time.
I took a couple of pics earlier today that I will attach but I will have to at some stage get a couple during night time as the speaker lights are an amazing feature. A few days ago I also installed the LED Flipper Buttons but I have temporarily unplugged them as I needed to plug the speaker lights into the Power & Earth socket on the inside right hand side of the cabinet. Tomorrow I will endeavour to wire the Flipper button lights onto the coin door assembly. I will get a couple of alligator clamps from my local electronics store. If anyone has wired their LED flipper buttons onto the coin door, any help would be much appreciated.
Best regards,
~ Mick

2017 May 23rd (3) (resized).jpg2017 May 23rd (3) (resized).jpg
2017 May 23rd (2) (resized).jpg2017 May 23rd (2) (resized).jpg
2017 May 23rd (5) (resized).jpg2017 May 23rd (5) (resized).jpg

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Integrated:

Thanks Paul, I created a thread regarding the tech issues mentioned and there has been some support which is gradually helping me find a solution. I haven't been able to solve the weird glitch with the digital scoring and malfunctioning portals service mode at this stage but I will remain hopeful
I have been steadily progressing forward with the other aspects of the restoration and upgrades of my X Files pin. I received all of the various mods & upgrades I mentioned in an earlier post and have just finished today installing the 3 new speakers along with the LED SpeakerLight kit. I also wired up the new spotlight shining onto the Flukeman, which also looks very effective. I am happy with the Speaker Lights and the remote control device that comes with it has many great options to alter the colours etc.
The speaker lights and new sound system really adds to the experience. My girlfriend and I had a few games tonight and had a great time.
I took a couple of pics earlier today that I will attach but I will have to at some stage get a couple during night time as the speaker lights are an amazing feature. A few days ago I also installed the LED Flipper Buttons but I have temporarily unplugged them as I need to plug the speaker lights into the power & Earth socket on the inside right hand side of the cabinet. Tomorrow I will endeavour to wire the Flipper button lights onto the coin door assembly. I will get a couple of alligator clamps from my local electronics store. If anyone has wired their LED flipper buttons onto the coin door, any help would be much appreciated.
Best regards,
~ Mick

I liked this gold version!

#480 6 years ago

I will also attach a file I made with the "FREE" "PLAY" wording for the coin slot section on the front panel.
There is also a pic of the translight artwork that can be printed for a perspex keyring tag

FREE PLAY - text (resized).jpgFREE PLAY - text (resized).jpg

X Files backglass image (resized).jpgX Files backglass image (resized).jpg

1 week later
#481 6 years ago

Has anyone made up coin inserts with the X logo or smoking man?

Screenshot_20170531-172439 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170531-172439 (resized).png

Screenshot_20170531-172529 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170531-172529 (resized).png

#482 6 years ago

As anyone have a decal for magnet damage? Or scan of area?

20170519_175945 (resized).jpg20170519_175945 (resized).jpg

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Does anyone have a decal for magnet damage?

The factory's fix was a metal plate to cover the area. Marco used to carry it but has been out of stock for a long time. Cliffy has offered the metal plate for $12 according to post 393 on page 8 of this thread.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The factory's fix was a metal plate to cover the area. Marco used to carry it but has been out of stock for a long time. Cliffy has offered the metal plate for $12 according to post 393 on page 8 of this thread.

I'm not a fan of the plate, especially cliffy's bronze. I don't think it matches the game well. I would like a decal with artwork.

#485 6 years ago

Just joined the club! Bought a player's condition X-Files for a decent price. It could use some love -- cleaning, new rubbers, new bulbs -- but it plays well.

What a fun pin! I love the middle orbit, and the ramps feel great when you hit them. I'm also a long time fan of the show.

I need to read up in this thread and am sure I'll have some questions. I'll post some pics later. Just wanted to say hi.

UPDATE: Now with picture.
X-Files (resized).JPGX-Files (resized).JPG

#486 6 years ago

Hey guys, I have a list of questions I was hoping you could help me out with:

1. I want to buy LEDs for the whole thing. Am I right that I should get non-ghosting LEDs for the inserts but regular LEDs for the other areas? Also, is the manual right as to how many bulbs you need? For instance, on pages 66-67, it says you need 52 #44 bulbs and 13 #89 bulbs. I don't see that many bulbs in the game in addition to all the #555 bulbs that there are.

2. Has anyone added Titan silcone rings to their game. I'm wondering what color to do. I'm thinking blue. Ideas? Also, is the manual correct in its ring count? I know some manuals are wrong / have errors in this department.

3. Has anyone installed the NVRAM? Is it as simple as popping the old chip out and inserting the NVRAM? I'm thinking about getting the one from pinballlife. I don't have the skills to soder directly to the board so I want to make sure this is socketed, and all I have to do is put it in.

4. I'm thinking about ordering a new metal plate from Cliffy as mine is pretty old and discolored. It is also peeling. How do I get the old one off? Does the new one come with an adhesive back?

5. Do you know what type of machine screws to get to connect the ramps to the hex posts? (see pictures below) The posts say 6-32 tap in the manual. Does that mean I need 6-32 screws? (Sorry for the basic question.)
XF Ramp 2 (resized).JPGXF Ramp 2 (resized).JPG
XF Ramp 1 (resized).JPGXF Ramp 1 (resized).JPG

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hey guys, I have a list of questions I was hoping you could help me out with:
1. I want to buy LEDs for the whole thing. Am I right that I should get non-ghosting LEDs for the inserts but regular LEDs for the other areas? Also, is the manual right as to how many bulbs you need? For instance, on pages 66-67, it says you need 52 #44 bulbs and 13 #89 bulbs. I don't see that many bulbs in the game in addition to all the #555 bulbs that there are.

Yes, non-ghosting for inserts. I don't use the manual, it's best to look under the playfield as that will help you judge what style bulb is the best anyway. If you order blindly, you'll run into trouble.

3. Has anyone installed the NVRAM? Is it as simple as popping the old chip out and inserting the NVRAM? I'm thinking about getting the one from pinballlife. I don't have the skills to soder directly to the board so I want to make sure this is socketed, and all I have to do is put it in.

The RAM is socketed, and the NVRAM is just a drop-in replacement.

5. Do you know what type of machine screws to get to connect the ramps to the hex posts? (see pictures below) The posts say 6-32 tap in the manual. Does that mean I need 6-32 screws? (Sorry for the basic question.)

That sounds correct to me.

If you haven't done so, you should add a second speaker. Easiest is just to get two new 4-ohm and wire in series. It really improves the audio.

#488 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Yes, non-ghosting for inserts. I don't use the manual, it's best to look under the playfield as that will help you judge what style bulb is the best anyway. If you order blindly, you'll run into trouble.

I'll elaborate a bit: by looking under the playfield, you can see which bulbs are mounted horizontally. For those you'll either need a bulb with good diffusion or a flex head that can point at the insert. Frosted bulbs can work alright in that situation too, but personally, I don't care for the foggy look of frosted bulbs for inserts. I generally only use those for GI / backbox. For bulbs pointing straight at the insert, I prefer the 4-smd best, especially for bigger inserts, but the 1-smd 5050 is almost as good.

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'll elaborate a bit: by looking under the playfield, you can see which bulbs are mounted horizontally. For those you'll either need a bulb with good diffusion or a flex head that can point at the insert. Frosted bulbs can work alright in that situation too, but personally, I don't care for the foggy look of frosted bulbs for inserts. I generally only use those for GI / backbox. For bulbs pointing straight at the insert, I prefer the 4-smd best, especially for bigger inserts, but the 1-smd 5050 is almost as good.

I usually order the LED chart for the specific game at pinball.center, and then I go through them all manually and count and decide what type of bulb and color i want. More work, but it gets better in the end than buying game specific LED kits. Too much color GI.

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I usually order the LED chart for the specific game at pinball.center, and then I go through them all manually and count and decide what type of bulb and color i want. More work, but it gets better in the end than buying game specific LED kits. Too much color GI.

Yep, you can download the LED map from pinball center for free!

#492 6 years ago

Btw..shit, "finally" my file cabinet started cracking open
I see the new replacement is out of stock at Marco..scheisse.

#493 6 years ago

Thanks again all. I ended up doing a combination of looking at the manual and looking under the playfield. Hopefully, I got it right. This is my first full LED conversion on a pin. I didn't realize how expensive it is . . . .

1 week later
#494 6 years ago

Rules question: It seems like the difference between choosing Mulder or Scully at the start is that for Mulder, you need less shots to start the cabinet MB, and for Scully, you have more X shots spotted to start the Truth MB. Is that right? Also, I believe the lit X return lanes lights another X on the main playfield to help you get closer to the Truth MB. Is that right as well? Finally, how do you light the X in the return lanes?

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Rules question: It seems like the difference between choosing Mulder or Scully at the start is that for Mulder, you need less shots to start the cabinet MB, and for Scully, you have more X shots spotted to start the Truth MB. Is that right? Also, I believe the lit X return lanes lights another X on the main playfield to help you get closer to the Truth MB. Is that right as well? Finally, how do you light the X in the return lanes?

yes yes yes and yes.

Hmm I dont think there is a way to lite X in the return lanes, i seem to recall they happen to be lit whenever the ball rolls down a ramp towards it? Hmm.

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

yes yes yes and yes.
Hmm I dont think there is a way to lite X in the return lanes, i seem to recall they happen to be lit whenever the ball rolls down a ramp towards it? Hmm.

Thanks for confirming. It would be weird if hitting the ramp lit the X in the return lanes. I'll have to pay more attention and see if I can figure out what causes it.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks for confirming. It would be weird if hitting the ramp lit the X in the return lanes. I'll have to pay more attention and see if I can figure out what causes it.

Played a few games -- probably not enough to say for sure -- but what I think I figured out is that the X in the return lanes is not lit at all for Mulder. For Scully, it is lit initially, and then relit after each made shot up until you get Truth MB. After that, it seems the X in the return lanes doesn't light anymore. So, I'm guessing that the bonus ability of choosing Mulder or Scully only lasts until the first MB and then goes away.

#498 6 years ago

Who on pinside was it that made the new File cabinet mold that was sold on Marco, anyone remember?

#499 6 years ago

I bought one of those new filing cabinets! I'm just about ready to buy another one since I have given it a work out pretty good in less than a year. That thing takes a beating but wasn't meant to last forever.... I hoped it would last me quite a bit longer but those are some pretty hard shots it takes.

#500 6 years ago

After putting in all the mods I'm really enjoying playing the X-Files even more and also any friends who have had a go always have a great time. Here are some pics of how its looking, and thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this X-Files Pinball thread as it helped me throughout the process.
2017 June 2nd (10) - resized (resized).jpg2017 June 2nd (10) - resized (resized).jpg2017 June 6th (1) - resized (resized).jpg2017 June 6th (1) - resized (resized).jpg2017 June 16th (2) - resized (resized).jpg2017 June 16th (2) - resized (resized).jpg2017 June 16th (3) - resized (resized).jpg2017 June 16th (3) - resized (resized).jpg
The one thing that I am still trying to find a solution to is the scoring/cpu function glitch that has been a problem since I bought it a couple of months ago now. I have made some progress towards isolating a solution and feel that I will get to the bottom of it soon, its been quite a journey of learning through trial & error, patience and perseverance
I have put an updated message including some pics into the tech help section but I was hoping that someone who also owns an X-Files can take a look under their playfield for me to verify a wiring situation.

* here is the link to the thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/glitch-with-scoringcpu-function-on-x-files-machine

With appreciation,

~ Mick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,149 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-and-rules-to-x-files/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.