Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ypurchn
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 20fb8624774048ae5f65c2ebc4120030 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yeah. I pretty much have to live with the fact that my son or daughter will not be one of the ones who makes pinball live on in the future. Someone else’s kids will buy my games at my “estate sale”. Hopefully this sale will not be anytime soon.

Shotgun the SMVE and Met Pro upon your untimely passing.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Do I need to check underneath my car next before I get in and turn the ignition?

No. Its triggered to your seat pressure. No need to turn the key over.

#52 3 years ago

20 years ago I got my first pinball machine at around 10-11 years old - JP and T2. they got minimal play for 18 years. 2 years ago my parents semi-forced me to get them out of their house. Over the last 2 years, I've bought something like 10 machines, sold something like 6 machines. My collection now stands at 7 pins.

20 years from now - someone will tell this same story except it will be Met and ACDC (or insert whatever you choose).

now all I need is the Hummel market to rebound from the 98% price drop it's seen...

#103 3 years ago

This topic came through my head tonight when

I took an early 30 something coworker to BumperNets in B’ham tonight under the pretense of just playing pinball. We ended up dropping $2 in big buck hunter arcade - first. We then played $4 between the brand new Deadpool and IMDN premium - both of which he enjoyed but once our credits were out he wanted to quickly move on to the brand new TMNT arcade. After dropping $8 split between pinball and arcades it was obvious he was over it and ready to move back to bar so we left. Frankly - I had more fun playing the arcades than pinball because we (as a whole) enjoyed them more and my pinball love took 2nd to show a colleague a fun night.

Deadpool was a drain monster for us both. But worth noting that we got more time for our money on the arcades over the pinball - except for a decent 150k game I put up on IMDN

It really made me consider the younger(ish) crowd appeal of pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside