Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ypurchn
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 20fb8624774048ae5f65c2ebc4120030 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lurch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

All of what Phil-Lee said is 1000% accurate.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just as it was TWENTY YEARS AGO when people were saying the exact same thing?

We are riding a wave right now. People who were able to play pinball in arcades as kids are keeping the market going. We are kidding ourselves if we think this will continue more than another few years. As the 50-65 age group reaches a point of saturation the hobby will start to fade. I myself am 37 and consider myself to be one of the younger members here. My friends don't understand this hobby and have no interest what so ever in it as they prefer video games..... they think this is very old fashioned. Let's do an age check here for my sanity. If there are a ton of 20 somethings here I'll shut up.

#28 5 years ago

I hope you are right. Nobody here wants to see this hobby die. I'm hoping my daughter's will someday be just as excited by pinball as I am.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yeah. I pretty much have to live with the fact that my son or daughter will not be one of the ones who makes pinball live on in the future. Someone else’s kids will buy my games at my “estate sale”. Hopefully this sale will not be anytime soon.

Sorry to hear that man. I'd loan you my kids but the wife wouldn't go for it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lurch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-after-years-offline?tu=lurch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.