Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0242 (resized).jpg
IMG_0241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0243 (resized).jpg
IMG_0240 (resized).jpg
IMG_0244 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Have a family friend that has a Firepower they might want to sell. I was just wondering what people on here thought was a fair price for it I've included some pictures. I have not been able to see the game in person however. His starting price is $2000 which I thought was high.

IMG_0240 (resized).jpgIMG_0240 (resized).jpgIMG_0241 (resized).jpgIMG_0241 (resized).jpgIMG_0242 (resized).jpgIMG_0242 (resized).jpgIMG_0243 (resized).jpgIMG_0243 (resized).jpgIMG_0244 (resized).jpgIMG_0244 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Looks like a project. Is it playing 100%? That makes a BIG difference.

#3 2 years ago

Backglass is flaking and shows stress cracks in the paint everywhere, playfield has wear (not as bad as some), cabinet looks like it is growing mold or something along those lines? If the game boots and plays.... $800-1000.... If not $500-700...

#4 2 years ago

If it was shopped and it and it played perfect I'd pay $1500.theres a few wear spots on the playfield,the head is worn,legs are rusty and some wrong standup targets from a quick glance.

#5 2 years ago

If it doesn't work and is in this condition...Id say $500-750 depending on if there is battery damage to the mpu. If there is battery damage, $500 max is where I would want to be. Backglass is presentable but not great.

#6 2 years ago

I didn't notice the glass and that probably is white mold and not wear. If that's white mold it will have some in other areas and on all the metal above and below the playfield.

#7 2 years ago

Thanks all I’ve got some ammo at least if I make it over to go look at it.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Thanks all I’ve got some ammo at least if I make it over to go look at it.

Time to find out how good of a family friend they are....LOLOL... Good luck!

#9 2 years ago

No coin mech's installed that's for sure.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

Where do you see that?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Where do you see that?

There is a clue.

#12 2 years ago

That's a moldy ass head box. I would be afraid something is living in that game.

#13 2 years ago

I sold a restored firepower with hardtop new decals powdercoat etc last year for $2200.

#14 2 years ago

You could buy it, then dump $400 of parts into it and about 40 hours of work, and still not have a firepower worth $2000

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

Quoted from EJS:

Where do you see that?

Quoted from iamdrunker:

There is a clue.

Please share

#17 2 years ago

I figured no mech's because the coin return is fully depressd and the return spring is the coin mech itself. That was my dumb analogy.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

I figured no mech's because the coin return is fully depressd and the return spring is the coin mech itself. That was my dumb analogy.

Just jammed up from the skank and mold, possible missing return spring. Coin mechs could be there or not.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Just jammed up from the skank and mold. Coin mechs could be there or not.

I was having a little fun.

#20 2 years ago

Backglass not good, 3rd player score is loose or shifting funny. lane plastics or mix match. Think Ronald Regan was president the last time the rubber still bounced so that will be fun being stuck stuck on. But the mold on head without not looking inside that is going to be a issue.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

You could buy it, then dump $400 of parts into it and about 40 hours of work, and still not have a firepower worth $2000

I think you are correct. It would need either more than 40 hours, or 400 dollars. The playfield would either need to be restored or replaced I think to make it to 2k (then again the market is nuts). And the hot dog inserts look completely faded, so restore would be time consuming... Not to mention I see at least one broken plastic. To get a player condition, probably a few hundred in parts and cleaning time...not counting whatever damage lurks in the head.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-about-the-price-for-this-firepower?hl=drewbo81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.