Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2011-11-04_19.11.17.jpg
2011-11-04_19.10.24.jpg
2011-11-04_18.13.39.jpg
100_0921.JPG
100_0915.JPG
#1 12 years ago

I have recently been looking for a good DMD machine for a buddy of mine. Well, I found a good condition, fairly priced Demo man. Problem is, it is a good 4 or 5 hours away, and we can't go check it out until next week. This sounds like a great deal for us, but we have never played a Demo man yet. Got a couple questions for ya'll..... What red flags should we be looking for when we go see it, AND, if there is anyone in the central Indiana area that has a Demo man. We would love to come over and play a few games, and maybe get schooled on what to look for. Thanks all. Love the site. Great people and useful info!

#2 12 years ago

I had heard lots of love for the machine, played one at the expo....didn't really do it for me. While I hate to judge on a limited number of games not sure it would be worth the drive unless the price is a good deal. Just my 2 cents

#3 12 years ago

I like the game. 5 hours is as far as I would drive unless I was buying more than 1 pin. Pretty straight forward game but fun. I think this game would look great chromed and EL wire on the wire ramps.

#4 12 years ago

Get Aunt bee to pack you a bag of sandwiches & Go get it !! It's a BadAZZ Pin. Wish I Didn't sell mine last-week ... Just give it a Through Check , Even have the Owner cut it on while you have him on the Phone to see if you Hear the Error Sound at Boot-up .. ( I alway's ask them to do that , and ask them to Press the Meun button and Read the error's to ya , if any ) And it's a Mother to shop out,, Ramp City !!!

Watch the Video I took of mine ..

100_0915.JPG100_0915.JPG 100_0921.JPG100_0921.JPG

#5 12 years ago

I have had the game since June. It's not very deep, it has a few modes, but I enjoy the four different multiballs, and like hitting the combo shots for some nice flow. Not the best looking game, but the flow, game play, and music make up for it IMO.

It is a PITA to shop with all the ramps - just be prepared if you are planning on tearing it apart.

Some issues to look out for - trough boards - not the best design but the new replacement boards are great. Second, elevator and claw optos and motor - see if you can get some confirmation that they work 100%. I didn't have an issue with mine other than a light was jammed into the elevator and it didn't go up and down. Third the area behind the center ramp gets really chewed up due to all the balls that land there - just see how much wear is there. Also, the tube and the cars - the tubes tend to be cracked and there are no replacements available, and I've seen cars tires melt onto the pf. All other ramps and plastics have been reproduced and are available.

Another issue I had with my game was some of the spot welds were broken on the center ramp, left loop scoop, and the center scoop. But it's an easy fix with JB weld.

I don't know about a 5 hour drive as they seem to come up for sale quite often. But who am I to talk if you have an itch for a new game as I'm driving three hours one way tomorrow to pick up a JM.

Good luck!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I had heard lots of love for the machine, played one at the expo....didn't really do it for me. While I hate to judge on a limited number of games not sure it would be worth the drive unless the price is a good deal. Just my 2 cents

I think this is one that does take a good number of plays. It took me awhile.

I think it's a great machine. Good luck!

#7 12 years ago

What to look for was the question.
Make sure the claw works and the elevator works.
Check for broken plastics...only the slings and celler shot plastics are easy to find.
Rechrome handles (as you can see in BR picture) get pitted and thats going to run just under 200 to swap out and do it right.

Head decals can be found but lower cab is another story.
Fun game for the money...have yet to get all the multi balls in one 3 ball game.

#8 12 years ago

Thanks all for the responses. Sounds like a good pin for the money. Wish I could find one to play before we make this drive. Central Indiana has almost nothing in public for play. Oh, and the drive isnt gonna be bad, as we just can't say no to the price

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Fun game for the money...have yet to get all the multi balls in one 3 ball game.

Sound's like you need to switch to 5-ball Hooked.. Better play and it last's Longer !!

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Fun game for the money...have yet to get all the multi balls in one 3 ball game

really? just try to go for the cryo claw shot and keep using the freeze ball drop to advance MB and start them. i've cycled through cryo MB mode 2 times maybe 4 times i think? it's so nuts, the jackpots get worth insane amounts.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:Sound's like you need to switch to 5-ball Hooked

common BR. 5 ball? really? lets set the setting to easy maybe? hahahaha

1 week later
#11 12 years ago

Here it is!! Got a great price on a beaut of a machine. The previous owner had it for a couple years, but rarely played it. He said it was on route for several years, but it must have never been played, because it looks and plays totally mint.

2011-11-04_18.13.39.jpg2011-11-04_18.13.39.jpg 2011-11-04_19.10.24.jpg2011-11-04_19.10.24.jpg 2011-11-04_19.11.17.jpg2011-11-04_19.11.17.jpg

#12 12 years ago

do you have pinball machines in your dining room/kitchen? you must not be married.

#13 12 years ago

Great looking pin acey. Well worth the drive I would say. Enjoy. I gotta comment as well about the pins in the dining room. Sweet.

#14 12 years ago

nice man! how much did you end up paying for her? looks like the trigger handles haven't even been touched!!! all the plastics are in tact. ya, i'd say nobody played this one much. good pickup! i'd recommend pulling out at least 1/3 of your 555 bulbs in the back box. this one has waaaay to many, and runs SUPER hot with all the bulbs in it. congrats..go for that cryo prison demolition jackpot!!

i just got 5.8 billion the other day...how are you playing?

#15 12 years ago

I just had my handles done by Chesnut. Possible these were as well. Either way due to two, they are expensive, and that is one thing you don't have to worry about.

#16 12 years ago

Congratulations looks great!

#17 12 years ago

What else does a single guy use a dining room for?? It is now the pin den! Ballsofsteel, I am still a newb when it comes to playing it. I have got a billion a couple times now, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing And to answer your question, I got it for $900, which seemed like a good price, especially based on the condition. OH, and he threw in a complete set of replacement plastics. Next step in my pin evolution is Fish Tales or Shadow. I am on the lookout.

#18 12 years ago

great deal! wow, good score there. best way to pump up your scores, just keep dropping the cryo claw ball into the freeze ramp. that way you can get to cryo prison Multi ball the fastest. if you get your cryo prison multi ball Super jackpot (demolition jackpot) it adds all of your previous jackpots up from the previous multi ball modes. that's your money maker. also i just keep stacking up combo's. if you can get 50 combos your basically guaranteeing yourself 2 extra balls. one 18 the 18th combo, then another will come through the computer shot.

enjoy!

#19 12 years ago

Nice score! Dont forget to block the light or that DM will be faded in no time

#20 12 years ago

$900? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

$900? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Yeah, I gotta add a few more "w"'s to that wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! great score!!

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

$900? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Holly shitballs batman what a deal!!!!!! Who do you think you are getting such a great deal B_R? Very well played!!

#23 12 years ago

This makes me angry haha, i just got my DM but no where near that good of a deal. 1500 bucks is what I forked over but i'm still happy with it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 37.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-about-demolition-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.