Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Is it a fun game? I had a MM, that's my favorite, really like my SS and GNR too. Thinking about a lower priced one for now. Think I'd like a Corvette? I don't have any pics right now. I haven't had one for 10 years or so. MM's coming in 6 months or so, but I but I could use something to tide me over.

#2 6 years ago

Corvette is pretty cool. Fun multiball and modes, good layout if a little clunky on that big engine ramp. The engine never really works right either, it's always getting caught up on something. Great game (the best maybe!) for learning how to loop pass.

I'll give this one a 7.5 / 10.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Corvette is pretty cool. Fun multiball and modes, good layout if a little clunky on that big engine ramp. The engine never really works right either, it's always getting caught up on something. Great game (the best maybe!) for learning how to loop pass.
I'll give this one a 7.5 / 10.

What Levi said sums it up. I was my first pinball I had ever purchased . 1994 . the LT-5 engine shakes left to right and makes a great toy but it did have issues working . It was beyond my skill to fix but it was also my first pinball. Gomez did a good job for his first pinball design . I would recommend it for sure. The "Bally Catch me Girls" modes are awesome ! 7.9 / 10. You will like it I bet .

#4 6 years ago

I've had many Corvettes over the years and really wanted to like this pin but could never get into it.

#5 6 years ago

Corvette has some good flow, but as others have pointed out the LT5 can be a real nightmare if it's not working. Generally speaking the game rules aren't that deep and I personally found it pretty easy to beat (and I consider myself an average player). There are a couple of fun modes and the theme is well integrated, especially if you know anything about the history of the actual Corvette automobile. The dragstrip is a neat toy but not all that engaging overall.

Depending on your skill level and other games you own, it could get boring fast. That said, I've had mine for 20 years and still enjoy it, but I also have a lot of other games to choose from.

As always, if you can try before you buy, do so.

#6 6 years ago

It is a GREAT game!

LT5 is not that bad to work on. Pretty basic when you break it all down. It does take a little work to get it just right, but then should hold up well once rebuilt.

Once you realize it was supposed to be a wide body that was crammed into a standard body you realize how amazing it is and the shots being tight are a good thing. Great risk v reward and competitive game also.

#7 6 years ago

To be honest, my skill level is probably novice. I really got hooked on MM at the arcade back in the day. I'm an auto tech by trade and purchased an MM years ago. I got a couple others and sold the MM. I haven't had a pin for 10 years. I have the itch BAD right now, but need to pay a couple of bills off before I can buy an MM. A Corvette might be in the budget though. They look interesting. Thanks for the input everybody!

#8 6 years ago

I had one for a couple of years and its a fast and fun pin. I thought the car race was very exciting and great wizard mode when you collect all of the Corvettes.

#9 6 years ago

Lots of fun, some great flow and fun modes. Love the inner loop shot. I really enjoyed mine and regret selling it. I didn't have any issues with the LT5 motor, but plenty of issues with the cars on the track. It was much easier to have them disabled and just there for looks.

#10 6 years ago

One of the best WPC value games.

#11 6 years ago

For a thousand or so extra, you could acquire Mustang. This is an excellent machine w/ a deep rule set that's great for home use. Definitely makes a fantastic use of the car theme objective. Plus in between the modes, there is Burnout, Upgrade & Mustang muliball. My family & friends flock to this title, as just about anyone can approach this w/ somewhat of an understanding on the objectives. This is absolutely the best car themed machine by a mile!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

For a thousand or so extra, you could acquire Mustang. This is an excellent machine w/ a deep rule set that's great for home use. Definitely makes a fantastic use of the car theme objective. Plus in between the modes, there is Burnout, Upgrade & Mustang muliball. My family & friends flock to this title, as just about anyone can approach this w/ somewhat of an understanding on the objectives. This is absolutely the best car themed machine by a mile!

Corvette is better than mustang.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

+1000
First time I played Corvette was at a Mustang launch party. Playing one and then the other I was like wtf how could they have done so much better 20 years earlier. A car theme shouldn't be clunky like Mustang in my opinion

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and it is not even a close contest. vette is by far the better game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thought-on-corvette?hl=dodgefolks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.