(Topic ID: 100832)

Thou SHALL Pass!!!! (Valinor Achieved - Holy Sh*t!)

By fattrain

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

you-shall-pass--thumb.png
image.jpg
GC-LOTR.JPG
holy-sh!t.gif
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Well folks it can only be summed up with this reaction:

holy-sh!t.gifholy-sh!t.gif

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

It was the most epic / intense / long game of pinball I have ever played in my life. It's all kind of a blur at this point but here is some of the statistics I remember seeing when I came up for air and looked at the DMD every now and then:

- One ball I had a 48x+ ORC bonus going on
- 160+ Cave Shots
- Destroyed the ring 3 times (and set DTR Champ Time of 1:01 - Two Ball DTR)
- Achieved MAX Extra Balls (Max EB was set to 7. It just gave me 2.5mil after that instead of an EB)
- Ran through all Gifts of the Elves TWICE!
- Achieved There and Back Again Twice (& only ONE shot away from completing it each time!)
- Total Game Time: ~2 Hours Straight !!!!!!

I started the game around 5pm with dinner plans at 6:15pm. Needless to say in between balls I txt'd & cancelled those plans to ride the tsunami wave of a epicness I was having. My Grand Champ score before this was ~250 Million. Needless to say, I have a new Grand Champ Score

GC-LOTR.JPGGC-LOTR.JPG

#2 9 years ago

FS: Valinor reached LOTR... own the epic machine that fattrain conquered

#3 9 years ago

You have inspired me to go play my LOTR. I will see Valinor dammit!!!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

You have inspired me to go play my LOTR. I will see Valinor dammit!!!

I've owned my LOTR since 2010 and had pretty much given up hope that it existed, lol.

#5 9 years ago

What are these? Super moderator powers??

#6 9 years ago

Well done. There and back again is as far as I have gotten. Will get there one day.

#7 9 years ago

One of the most sure fire ways to have an epic (long) game is to make plans, especially important ones.

#8 9 years ago

Nice!!!

#9 9 years ago

Dude! Very impressive!

#10 9 years ago

That's awesone. But after that game being so awesome and taking 2 hours, I can't imagine ever wanting to play again.

#11 9 years ago

Way to go Fattrain! That's impressive.

I believe you now have the credibility to start earning money as a pinball instructor offering lessons teaching people how to play pinball.

Watch it though with your new status. If PattyJ shows up, she may actually have something else in mind.

#12 9 years ago

Wow!

#13 9 years ago

Congrats! I hope to get there one day myself, albeit unlikely.

#14 9 years ago

LIONMAN !

#15 9 years ago

So what's replacing LOTR?

(& Congrats!)

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That's awesone. But after that game being so awesome and taking 2 hours, I can't imagine ever wanting to play again.

I have to disagree on that. I think the thing to do is change the settings and reduce the extra ball possibilities to have a new challenge. In addition I would take a month or so break from playing it to re-charge the fun quotient.
LOTR is too epic to let go.

#17 9 years ago

I've owned mine about a year less than you've had yours and I've never come remotely close. But it's cool to have something in a game that you've never seen. Makes it a keeper.

#18 9 years ago

You're truly a wizard
Nice job!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#19 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Well folks it can only be summed up with this reaction:
It was the most epic / intense / long game of pinball I have ever played in my life. It's all kind of a blur at this point but here is some of the statistics I remember seeing when I came up for air and looked at the DMD every now and then:
- One ball I had a 48x+ ORC bonus going on
- 160+ Cave Shots
- Destroyed the ring 3 times (and set DTR Champ Time of 1:01 - Two Ball DTR)
- Achieved MAX Extra Balls (Max EB was set to 7. It just gave me 2.5mil after that instead of an EB)
- Ran through all Gifts of the Elves TWICE!
- Achieved There and Back Again Twice (& only ONE shot away from completing it each time!)
- Total Game Time: ~2 Hours Straight !!!!!!
I started the game around 5pm with dinner plans at 6:15pm. Needless to say in between balls I txt'd & cancelled those plans to ride the tsunami wave of a epicness I was having. My Grand Champ score before this was ~250 Million. Needless to say, I have a new Grand Champ Score

You cancelled dinner plans to continue an epic game in the making?? You sir ... YOU ... I would love to go have a beer or two with some day. Congrats.

I'm still scratching my head ... to be so passionate about anything in life, lol. I love it. I love pinball, but I need more pinhead friends like you.

#20 9 years ago

Now you just need to pull the apron on this now legendary game, autograph it, and, Presto! The next Apron of Destiny-LOTR edition.

PS: Be careful as the last AoD is evidently still being held captive somewhere in enemy hands (hopefully not in some bedroom arcade "location").

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

LOTR is too epic to let go.

Not for me......but I had it for eight years. Looooong games can get to be a drag after a while. Got to the point where I avoided playing it just because I didn't want to commit to a possible hour + (sometimes closer to two) game. Then I knew it was time to move it on. Don't really miss it either.....at least so far (it's been a little over two years since it left).

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You cancelled dinner plans to continue an epic game in the making?? You sir ... YOU ... I would love to go have a beer or two with some day. Congrats.

Too many times have I just "let the balls drain" or "given it to a friend to finish". No More!!!!

you-shall-pass--thumb.pngyou-shall-pass--thumb.png

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Needless to say in between balls I txt'd & cancelled those plans

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You cancelled dinner plans to continue an epic game in the making??

Yes fattrain, tell us the fallout from that part of the story, or is all well in fattrain land skipping down the yellow brick road.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not for me......but I had it for eight years. Looooong games can get to be a drag after a while. Got to the point where I avoided playing it just because I didn't want to commit to a possible hour + (sometimes closer to two) game. Then I knew it was time to move it on. Don't really miss it either.....at least so far (it's been a little over two years since it left).

You can always make the game more difficult, and also lower the ball times significantly. Reduce or eliminate the extra balls in the settings, open up the outlanes wide, and possibly remove the rubbers from the post between the inlanes and outlanes. The LEs even shipped without those rubbers.

#25 9 years ago

Lotr is cool but man I couldn't stand games that long. Markmon nailed it.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You can always make the game more difficult, and also lower the ball times significantly. Reduce or eliminate the extra balls in the settings, open up the outlanes wide, and possibly remove the rubbers from the post between the inlanes and outlanes. The LEs even shipped without those rubbers.

Ugh....I've also head that option a ton....but on a game like LOTR that does not work either. Then you can't achieve anything interesting. So your choices are play for an hour (+) and get to the really cool modes and some great scores; or set it up stupid difficult and achieve nothing but maybe some multiball modes and no decent scores? No thanks.

I realize some people love, love , love the really deep games; I've also realized I'm not one of them.

#27 9 years ago

Valinor! It's the G-spot of pinball! Except it actually EXISTS!

#28 9 years ago

I owned the game for 6 years and loved every minute of every long game until the last year of ownership which eventually is why i sold it. But, i wish i tried this and i challenge any current owners to give this a shot please:

Set up the game brutal - wide outlanes, steep pitch, only 1 (or 2) max extra balls. Now set up all the settings to either factory (very easy) or make the adjustments yourself to make it easy.

The idea is to have quick gametimes but better chance of seeing the deeper modes sooner. Thoughts?

Oh, and Congrats Fattrain!

#29 9 years ago

Congrats. Can't imagine playing a game for 2 hours straight. One of these days maybe.

#30 9 years ago

I would honestly never play that game again. lol. Congrats.

#31 9 years ago

Only in my dreams. Congrats!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You're truly a wizardNice job!

image.jpg 8 KB

Woot!
I have that shirt!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Valinor, just like the G-spot takes a lot of finger work to get to

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Oh, trust me...it exists.

#35 9 years ago

Damn, Had my LOTR for 5 years and never made it. Came close a couple times. Needed alcohol and sleep after those close games. Congrats you bastard!!!-Joe

#36 9 years ago

Great! Now try it with the playfield glass on!

#37 9 years ago

LOL. Thanks for all the love guys. I can't see LOTR leaving the collection. I only play it every so often since I know the ball times are generally pretty long so it's always fresh when I jam a game.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

One of the most sure fire ways to have an epic (long) game is to make plans, especially important ones.

my 4 billion game of TZ came when I had 10 minutes to burn before running down to Lexington one day. Game turned out to be 45+ min... I made up most of the time hauling ass on the way down

#40 9 years ago

very nice,How long did you play?

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

very nice,How long did you play?

About 2 hours. No pee breaks.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Total Game Time: ~2 Hours Straight !!!!!!

That's the exact reason why I sold my LOTR.

You can play an hour long game on LOTR on a regular basis, and never achieve a thing.

#43 9 years ago

To not chime in would be sacrilege! Congrats!

#44 9 years ago

How is your game set up? Outlanes, pitch...

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That's the exact reason why I sold my LOTR.
You can play an hour long game on LOTR on a regular basis, and never achieve a thing.

Except an hour of fun!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

How is your game set up? Outlanes, pitch...

Tape across the outlanes, 5 degree pitch, glass off.

Just kidding, buddy. I'm just jealous.

#47 9 years ago

Huge congrats! If that's not Wizard status I don't know what it.
I love this game so much and can't wait to own it some day. I look forward to hour long games if I can ever find one near me for sale at a reasonable price.
Cheers!

#48 9 years ago

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

#49 9 years ago

What did you do fat man, stick a sock in the outlines!

Jk, that's quite an achievement, huge congrats.

Yes Lotr is an epic game and should take 2 hours to complete.

I need to set my Lotr up a little differently

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Dude if you're not achieving ANYTHING after an hour of LOTR, you're Doing It Wrong!

TSPP can be done in < 30 minutes, I'd say the same about LOTR easily.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thou-shall-pass-valinor-achieved-holy-sht and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.