• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9100 (resized).JPG
IMG_9104 (resized).JPG
IMG_9105 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I know there is a post that is talking about play field dimples and opinions are quite strong about play field dimples and do they happen, or do they not happen, etc.
Even with Vid's illustrations, I was of the opinion that play field dimples were a relatively new occurrence because softer wood is being used in this day and age. I've just been educated.
I have a pin I recently restored which included clear coating the play field with automotive clear polyurethane. I sanded and buffed and polished the clear on that play field. It was as smooth as glass and shined like spit polished shoes.
The pin is a Stern Big Game, made in 1980. I have played it a lot since I got it running a few months ago. Actually, I have been playing the hell out of it.
Tonight, I pulled the play field glass to replace to some rubber rings and do general cleanup. And low and behold, in the right kind of light, I have too many dimples to count.
Even though Vid has said repeatedly "all pinball machines get dimples" I did not want to believe it. Now I do. Believe. I'll keep trying to get some pics.
P.S. I wish I could find that original post about dimples. And maybe this post could be tucked into that one and the Mods could close this post.

They will smooth out and look better over time and you don't really see them anyway unless you are looking for them so i woukdnt sweat it too much if i were you. I bet that Big Game looks sweet though doesn't it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 199.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/those-pesky-play-field-dimples?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.