• 123 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Whridlsoncestood
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

There have been 97 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TaxiPaint.jpg
image-325.jpg
image-466.jpg
image-102.jpg
image-448.jpg
IMG_9490.JPG
IMG_9489.JPG
IMG_9487.JPG
IMG_9486.JPG
image-703.jpg
image.jpg
2013-10-09 19.56.08.jpg
2013-10-09 20.07.03.jpg
2013-10-09 20.07.38.jpg
2013-10-09 20.07.43.jpg
2013-10-09 20.06.53.jpg

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

Didn't read the whole thread but, will this TAXI be for sale?

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Great job, Jim!...as usual! Will see you at Allentown! (still remembering The Hulk!)

Yeah, Jim is the "real deal". A class act all the way. I'm really looking forward to seeing and playing this at AT. Might just be the best Taxi in existence once he gets done with it.

#103 5 years ago

Between Jim and Greg, they should start their own Pinball Restore Company!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Didn't read the whole thread but, will this TAXI be for sale?

Everything's for sale 8). I don't want to let it to but if the right offer comes along I'm sure I would take it so feel free to make me an offer.

Game was having an odd warm up issue. Ended up being some old battery corrosion that wasn't fully cleaned up buy a previous owner. Rottendog is bringing me a new MPU Friday morning to throw in so this game willbd bullet proof after that.

Running on a buddies MPU now and the game is playing flawlessly and is a blast. Will be set up on freeplay Friday and will be in the tournament bank Saturday as its probably one of the toughest taxis right now

Couple details going on tonight to tie the whole room together

Can't wait to see everyone at Allentown.

-Jim

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Yeah, Jim is the "real deal". A class act all the way. I'm really looking forward to seeing and playing this at AT. Might just be the best Taxi in existence once he gets done with it.

Thanks you two. You're great people as well.

#106 5 years ago

Wow, that came out beautiful!

1 week later
#107 5 years ago

Been off the forum for about 7 months. Jim, once again your work is outstanding. Love going thru the thread and looking at all the Pics. Just a great restore as usual. Curious, did you sell this at Allentown?

#108 5 years ago

This pin looked eVen better in person! He was asking 6 @ the show.I wonder if it sold?

#109 5 years ago

Pics don't do it justice. You had to see it and play it. The only thing better than Jim's Taxi is Jim himself. Truly a class act guy with an amazing passion for our hobby. A true asset to the community both as a restorer and person. Can't say enough about how smooth and cool he is.

#110 5 years ago

Thanks everyone.

Games was priced so it gladly came home with me. Everyone wanted a number even if I said not for sale. It's stashed at my buddies house ready to be used for our league which starts Monday night! After this season of league I will contemplate selling it.

-Jim

#111 5 years ago

What's your next restore?

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What's your next restore?

Totan for someone else. And then a Rocky after that.

-Jim

#113 5 years ago

Jim -

Did you get the Rocky that was in the flea market area?

Chris

#114 5 years ago

Jim -

Pleasure meeting you at AT... you and a couple of other players helped me talk over the WWFRR at the end of friday night.

Your TAXI was simply stunning. I wish I could park myself in front of it for several hours.

Excellent work!

Todd

#115 5 years ago

Nope. The rocky belongs to some one in NJ that I will be doing for them. Did see the one in the flea market though. What was the price on it?

I never got a chance to play wwf still. Even after talking about that.

#116 5 years ago

Got to play it at Allentown and it is nicer in person than in all the beautiful pictures. It played great too! Liked everything about it. Nice work!

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I never got a chance to play wwf

I never even got a chance to say hi!

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Can't say enough about how smooth and cool he is.

and dreamy.

#119 5 years ago

Played it in the tourney on Friday, and it looked and played great. Looked like it had just been unboxed for the first time. I will probably never have the opportunity to play one that nice again!

#121 5 years ago

Great work here. A restoration like this truly is an art form.

Forgive my ignorance here: what's the purpose of re-drilling/widening selected holes on the playfield? Is it just because the repro doesn't line up 100%?

#122 5 years ago

Correct. Repro is only dimpled. Not actually drilled for most screws. You don't want to split the wood or snap a screw. Also some don't line up or are missing. Through playfield holes are also too right for bolts or wire guides to fit into.

6 months later
#123 5 years ago

Time to finally let this one go and move into new projects. Game is for auction on ebay. 1$ No reserve.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fa-my-fully-restored-taxi-1-no-reserve#post-2084309

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ottawa
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 21.00
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside