Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jesster64
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

Not a pinball post. Holy crap this whole world is in turmoil. I have seen turmoil, but this is some new kind of turmoil.

I just thought I had seen it all. No, i have not seen it all.

I would like to go into politics. Why not. Why the hell not. I would like to be California governor. If that happens. You all have to vote for me. I'll do the same for you.

The real reason I posted this was because I feel like the world is ripe for a new level. Of humanity. I hope so.

#3 6 years ago

Where exactly are you trying to go with this?
-Mike

#4 6 years ago

I'm overwhelmed in a good way. I think there is so much potential right now. It's exciting. A little scary.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm overwhelmed in a good way. I think there is so much potential right now. It's exciting. A little scary.

Have a good trip.

#6 6 years ago

Try to limit your consumption of the nightly news. It's designed to attract eyeballs and is basically the junk food of journalism. You'll probably feel better without too much of it.

#7 6 years ago

I think you're taking the TWIPY awards a little hard.

#8 6 years ago

Maybe less drinking too!

#9 6 years ago

<rethinks wisdom of clicking on thread and quickly backs out>

#10 6 years ago

I remember the first time my game didnt boot up.....FTW......

#11 6 years ago

It's hard not be sensational with the things going on today. Still very exciting times. I'm hopeful!

#12 6 years ago

*Grabs the popcorn and kicks back!

#13 6 years ago

Well lets light a big fire and dance around!

#14 6 years ago

I agree with forceflow. Turn off the cable news. It's the equivalent of the 2 minutes of hate from 1984. It is designed to invoke emotion and addict you.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I agree with forceflow. Turn off the cable news. It's the equivalent of the 2 minutes of hate from 1984. It is designed to invoke emotion and addict you.

My 6pm news gets turned on at 6:40pm. Because that’s the time the sports segment starts. Then after that, it goes right back off again.

My life is better for it.

rd

#16 6 years ago

No news is good news, you don’t have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows....

#17 6 years ago

only 7 years to go

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My 6pm news gets turned on at 6:40pm. Because that’s the time the sports segment starts. Then after that, it goes right back off again.
My life is better for it.
rd

And a wise man you are...I just watch ESPN. "News" hasn't been "news" for years, but at a scripted all time low, imho. No different than reality TV....a joke....

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Not a pinball post. Holy crap this whole world is in turmoil. I have seen turmoil, but this is some new kind of turmoil.
I would like to go into politics. Why not. Why the hell not. I would like to be California governor. If that happens. You all have to vote for me. I'll do the same for you.
The real reason I posted this was because I feel like the world is ripe for a new level. Of humanity. I hope so.

I don't know about turmoil for the whole word, but definitely not for the United States. I would say California is turmoil though. If you want to get in there and make changes then the policies of the major cities of CA must change. The leaders of the cities want to help everyone, but all they are doing is bankrupting and creating a culture of no consequences and no law.

And off to the basement in 3. 2. 1.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

only 7 years to go

until??? Man I'm glad this is Pinside, because I could really go off on this one...but shall not....back to BM66 for a couple rounds....

#21 6 years ago

Less news more football

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Try to limit your consumption of the nightly news. It's designed to attract eyeballs and is basically the junk food of journalism. You'll probably feel better without too much of it.

Wise, wise words....

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And a wise man you are...I just watch ESPN. "News" hasn't been "news" for years, but at a scripted all time low, imho. No different than reality TV....a joke....

“If it bleeds, it leads .....”

That’s a thing.

rd

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

“If it bleeds, it leads .....”
That’s a thing.
rd

LMAO!!! so true....if I hear "breaking news" one more time (on a nightly basis, btw), I might projectile vomit.....

#25 6 years ago

Corporate Plutocracy, is not a good thing. Vote.

#26 6 years ago

Trip to the basement in 3, 2...

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Trip to the basement in 3, 2...

Is there still a basement? Don't see it on the home page anymore....

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Less news more football

romulusx I believe you meant less news more pinball

#29 6 years ago

Politics is the only job that you get paid for not doing your job or anything. Plus no drug testing, pay raises, and free cars and planes.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I just watch ESPN. "News" hasn't been "news" for years

Unfortunately, ESPN has hardly been sports for years now.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Politics is the only job that you get paid for not doing your job or anything. Plus no drug testing, pay raises, and free cars and planes.

And lucrative work contracts for your family and friends!

It's interesting how they all become multi-millionaires several times over on a $174,000 salary...

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It's interesting how they all become multi-millionaires several times over on a $174,000 salary...

Congress people used to be able to do inside trading with immunity. Obama changed that, so I give the man credit there.

#33 6 years ago

Don't forget us Azmodeus when you make it. I could use one of those fat contacts.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Unfortunately, ESPN has hardly been sports for years now.

True....TV in general is not what it once was....
So many choices....so much junk

#35 6 years ago

ESPN is more political than politics now. Remember the Asian guy they wouldn't let go on because his name was Lee.

#36 6 years ago

TRUMP IS YOUR PRESIDENT!

#37 6 years ago

The worlds always been in turmoil. Just grab a beer and enjoy the crazy ride.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

With all the insane crap going on marrying 5 year olds is ok, marry your car, pedomania. And I saw an article that the finest news network compost n n cnn ran an article more or less promoting canabolism. Its ok to eat human brain and drink from skulls. Indoctrinating satanisn more or less.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup... while my mother-in-law was watching regularly she would tell me things like "never use your phone outside because you will get mugged".... don't drive on X street because you will get carjacked... don't even leave a penny in your console because your car will be broken into within 2 minutes.... it actually started to paralyze here into being afraid to go outside... and watch more news.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yea, never figured this one out. Even if they saved every penny of salary the math still doesn't work.

#41 6 years ago

the world is in turmoil cos of the american government and its intentions of invading countries it has no business in

#42 6 years ago

must... resist... thread..
but i agree, just turn off news Times are interesting though, from sex dolls to self driving cars..

#43 6 years ago

what i do think is good news tho is nth korea joining with sth korea for winter olympics,bet trump dont like that lol

#44 6 years ago

bet trump don't give a rats a...

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

bet trump don't give a rats a...

Probably somewhere inbetween... from a quick search on reaction:

“I'd like to see them getting involved in the Olympics and maybe things go from there,” Trump declared Saturday at Camp David. “So I'm behind that 100%.”

So yeah, probably doesn't particularly care but if it starts them down a better path then cool.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

With all the insane crap going on marrying 5 year olds is ok, marry your car, pedomania. And I saw an article that the finest news network compost n n cnn ran an article more or less promoting canabolism. Its ok to eat human brain and drink from skulls. Indoctrinating satanisn more or less.

What? What news are you watching? You could use a break from the “news.”

As for this thread, there is a reason that religion and politics are banned from pinside. It causes division among people who have a love in common. The love of pinball. Peace to all you libtards and repugnicants.
I’m out. LOL

#47 6 years ago

I should clarify, I think Trump is for peace. He has to take a tough stance with north korea or they'll do whatever they want. My meaning was I don't think Trump lies awake nights worrying what north korea is or isn't going to do.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-world-is-in-turmoil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.