(Topic ID: 218615)

TWIP Weekly Podcast: All Good Things Must Come to an End...

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8FD08610-BEEE-4B19-A20A-12EBF1BF536B.gif
    C361E7D2-94CE-4305-8A0D-E3F97FF19DC2 (resized).jpeg
    63516E7F-C111-43A2-8849-D3081FCB7C1E (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191211-200050 (resized).png
    Conflict (resized).png
    FC8A16EA-5995-48FE-A9D3-DEC48823F830 (resized).jpeg
    Tron (resized).jpg
    EBB91687-061A-4FB4-94B6-EECC1592F439.gif
    C7931F96-E437-4B30-9815-7529184FBBB4.gif
    9E6EF12C-AFCE-4655-A8C9-A7EA2909DA53.gif
    D7D8947A-BB8E-4BCE-867E-B36DF25C603A (resized).png
    F701FCDB-D307-4BD9-84DE-463CFD89FBF3 (resized).jpeg
    nailed-it-pun-dad-jokes-literal-nails-in-wood-nails-1424789044l (resized).jpg
    7-StarshipTroopers (resized).jpg
    6-Stargate (resized).jpg
    5-Buckaroo (resized).jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 4 years ago

Come on guys, it's not Yoda!

#402 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Come on guys, it's not Yoda!

Or is it?

63516E7F-C111-43A2-8849-D3081FCB7C1E (resized).jpeg63516E7F-C111-43A2-8849-D3081FCB7C1E (resized).jpeg
    #403 4 years ago

No Zack, no it isn't.

The show takes place 5 years after ROTJ (the movie he died in)...

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

No Zack, no it isn't.
    The show takes place 5 years after ROTJ (the movie he died in)...

His nickname is Baby Yoda. We cannot stop the Internet, we can only ride along the current. The Child will never catch on at this point, it's too late.

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

His nickname is Baby Yoda. We cannot stop the Internet, we can only ride along the current. The Child will never catch on at this point, it's too late.

I think the idea is that Yoda's species was never defined in the cannon of Star wars so as of now the species is being defined as "Yoda".
    Therefore a baby of that species with no name of it's own is referred to as a "Baby Yoda".

I'm sure I'm butchering that explanation but hopefully you get the idea.

#406 4 years ago

It’s Yoda’s clone. Therefore, Yoda.

//end.argument.exe//

#408 4 years ago

Another fun episode, some strong takes, and good laughs.

- Weekly News
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - This Decade In Pinball: The Resurgence

Enjoy everybody and make sure to tune in next week for a very special episode of This Week In Pinball Podcast!

#409 4 years ago

Shout out to Matt Morrison -> M&M you did good.

My dream themes -

Harry Potter - it will be done!
    Kill Bill - homebrew made - won’t happen
    Pulp Ficition - won’t happen
    Predator - homebrew made - won’t happen
    Matrix - homebrew made (10 copies) - won’t happen
    Alien - already done
    TBL - already done

#410 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Shout out to Matt Morrison -> M&M you did good.
    My dream themes -
    Harry Potter - it will be done!
    Kill Bill - homebrew made - won’t happen
    Pulp Ficition - won’t happen
    Predator - homebrew made - won’t happen
    Matrix - homebrew made (10 copies) - won’t happen
    Alien - already done
    TBL - already done

Thanks Jeff Matt Morrison here .see you at SFGE.

#411 4 years ago

Zach, Love ya, mean it. But you are so wrong about the Beastie Boys....

#412 4 years ago

Please tell me you both knew “A Little Help from my Friends” was originally sung by the Beatles. You knew that right?!?!?

#413 4 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Please tell me you both knew “A Little Help from my Friends” was originally sung by the Beatles. You knew that right?!?!?

Yes I mentioned I thought it was a Beatles song originally

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Zach, Love ya, mean it. But you are so wrong about the Beastie Boys....

Am I though? Much respect for the group and their work. It’s just not my cup of tea

#415 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for all of the support! No worries, something is brewing...

#416 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks everyone for all of the support! No worries, something is brewing...

Oooh juicy teaser!!

#417 4 years ago

Please please tell me that mom and dad aren’t getting divorced.

It’s like when Balki and Larry went their separate ways. They were such Perfect Strangers.

#418 4 years ago

Wow, what a week for podcasts shutting down. Thanks for all the free entertainment. I can't believe it's been almost two years -- time is going way too fast. I need to find a way to slow it down somehow (maybe stare at the microwave as my food cooks more).

#419 4 years ago

Wait... what??? TWIP Podcast is shutting down??

#420 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Wait... what??? TWIP Podcast is shutting down??

Episode 79 is the last with myself and Dennis Kriesel as hosts.

#421 4 years ago

Just saw a few other pinball content folks calling it quits. Seems like this is too coincidental that so many are bailing all within a day or two and maybe whats really happening is they are joining forces to create one super pinball podcast to rule them all...

Head 2 Head, TWIP, Special When Lit, Pinball Supernova, maybe some others I haven't heard about yet. Just feels strange its all coming down at once.

#422 4 years ago

I think you're on to something, Deadflip just posted on Facebook:

"Honestly it makes a LOT of sense for all these podcasts to close their doors and start a single network together.

Content dilution is a real thing.

Excited to see what they all have planned together!! Thanks for the pods!"

Hope it's true!!!

#423 4 years ago

Not buying it... I call shenanigans. SHENANIGANS!

#424 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

That has been a problem since the start of podcasts. How many times can you interview Mr. X ? How many times can you show game Y ?

Can get boring real fast when it's the same old same old.

Best wishes to those in the future avoiding this.

LTG : )

#425 4 years ago

Whatever you guys are cooking up, I’d like to offer a huge thanks for the entertainment and information. You made every road trip more bearable.

Tony Bennett is sad today.

C361E7D2-94CE-4305-8A0D-E3F97FF19DC2 (resized).jpegC361E7D2-94CE-4305-8A0D-E3F97FF19DC2 (resized).jpeg
    #426 4 years ago

Really loved all of the great TWIP shows these past couple of years. Sorry to see it end.
    Thanks to Jeff and Zach and Dennis and all of the other hosts for their contributions.

(Dana is still pissed at the screaming goat, though...)

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

"Honestly it makes a LOT of sense for all these podcasts to close their doors and start a single network together.
    Hope it's true!!!

makes perfect sense.

#428 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Such an abrupt ending, are you both reporting to prison or something? TWIP podcast was highly entertaining with its many new and often misdirected segments. Lots of interviews, singing, voices/impersonations and most importantly good times. TWIP set the bar for podcasting professionalism. Good luck with your next ventures.

#429 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh no! I look forward to the show!

Man, feels like losing good friends.

I hope you guys continue to host your back catalog. I miss having access to the RobCraig Silverball Podcast (which was phenomenal)... and C2CPinball is often not available through Podcast garden.

Thanks Zach and Dennis for all of the great pinball chatter.

#430 4 years ago

Bummer but good luck to you all in future endeavours.
    Gonna miss this one, thanks for filling an hour of my work toil every week.
    Hope you get your TWIPY on the way out!
    Long live PMT!

Now I just want to hear Kriesel karaoke the chorus to goodbye stranger.

#431 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Hope it's true!!!

Now there’s an interesting thought!

“One podcast to rule them all....”

#432 4 years ago

I personally hope you free up time to do more SDTM, although I didn't get that sense from your "what's coming in 2020" episode.

You and Greg bantering on youtube is my "go to" when I am messing with pins in the shop. I can only re-watch those episodes about 4 times each, so I am almost at my limit lol.

Good luck moving forward to new and greener pastures my friend.

Joel

H.I.O.P.

#433 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Such an abrupt ending, are you both reporting to prison or something?

Haha, it's funny to me to hear it described as abrupt when I felt Zach was showing warning signs for so long now! Then again, I was informed a couple months ago that we'd be stopping in early 2020 so my insider knowledge may be blinding me a bit on that. Suffice to say I was given advanced notice (not that I really needed to prepare anything; my Go Bag was always packed for when I no longer provided whatever Jeff and Zach wanted out of me for the show).

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

#434 4 years ago

It was fun while it lasted. Thanks Zach and Dennis and all the guest hosts! I enjoyed every episode.

#435 4 years ago

Anyone see this video floating around ?

https://fbwat.ch/1Ga40fxZN815YBqR

Seems like a bigger play is underway... please dear God do not let this be owned and paid for by manufacturers. It’s already hard enough to get open honest conversations in podcasts.

#436 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Haha, it's funny to me to hear it described as abrupt when I felt Zach was showing warning signs for so long now! Then again, I was informed a couple months ago that we'd be stopping in early 2020 so my insider knowledge may be blinding me a bit on that. Suffice to say I was given advanced notice (not that I really needed to prepare anything; my Go Bag was always packed for when I no longer provided whatever Jeff and Zach wanted out of my for the show).
    Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Thanks for the enjoyment guys, best wishes with your future projects

#437 4 years ago

Wait what? Say it ain't so, daddy needs his Market Trends!

#438 4 years ago

If I can't listen to it on my ancient Zune HD, then it ain't content.

#439 4 years ago

Thanks for all the great listens. Your podcast was informative, fun, hilarious and just all around great content. Zach you truly are a great entertainer and looking forward to what you have coming next. I will miss the screaming goat.

#440 4 years ago

IF this is a merger of talent and resources this is Brilliant! Let’s be honest other then tabloid speculation there really isn’t That much to talk about in pinball. Consolidating marketing, content, sponsors, personalities, and audience time/interest would be a smart forward play.

#441 4 years ago

I'm glad I could be one of the final nails in the coffin...

#442 4 years ago

i don't think consolidation offers much benefit to listeners. I am sure the income will be as good or better than now for podcasters, so they have an incentive, but at what costs? Podcasters lose creative control of their show format and they will need to perform on a regular schedule whereas before they could set their show's frequency. The biggest issue is a perception that hosts with a large sponsor are not unbiased. This is always the case and it is especially true if the deep state is the one pulling the strings. Think of the five podcasts that have announced they are closing doors or shifting to video/streaming, they are all very different and unique. Now say four join forces on a new show, it will have one format and style of handling things. We'll get homogeneity, not art. However, trying something new and streamlined might give podcasters a shot in the arm by reducing their workload, so wishing them the best. I'll keep telling myself:

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ...
    Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.

#443 4 years ago

Thanks for the show, it was usually informative (except for maybe the marketplace trends segment LOL)....hope to hear ya soon, Zach and Dennis! (and maybe others)....

#444 4 years ago

So... I think 1 of 2 things is happening here.

Either:

Good: Many different podcasts are joining together for one super-show that we will all love and appreciate.
    Bad: The various podcasts have all received a legal notice from a licensor or manufacturing company that if they continue to operate and badmouth certain manufacturers, they will be sued.

My money is on the good option.

Either way, we have appreciated the free entertainment over the years! I will cry myself to sleep in my TWIP shirt tonight so the logo is close to my heart.

Thanks!

#445 4 years ago

Thanks for all your efforts.

Hope it wasn't all the nay saying that you're not objective anymore because you're a distributor.
    That is alie and everyone knows that; you never were objective to begin with!

I just suppose it's gotten a bit much now with your whole live revolving around pinball, being at some show every weekend and having to record a podcast and a youtube show...

So I wish you the best of luck!

BUT what does that mean for TWIP? Will it continue?
    Jeff missed 2 mondays this month allready!

#446 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

8FD08610-BEEE-4B19-A20A-12EBF1BF536B.gif8FD08610-BEEE-4B19-A20A-12EBF1BF536B.gif
    #447 4 years ago

More of a website question than a podcast one: did they ever announce the winners of the Color DMD contest around Thanksgiving?

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thanks for all your efforts.
    Hope it wasn't all the nay saying that you're not objective anymore because you're a distributor.
    That is alie and everyone knows that; you never were objective to begin with!
    I just suppose it's gotten a bit much now with your whole live revolving around pinball, being at some show every weekend and having to record a podcast and a youtube show...
    So I wish you the best of luck!

Jeff isn’t going anywhere. If I know him, he’s working countless hours prepping for the next TWIP news for everybody and the upcoming TWIPYs. All will continue and all will be great

#449 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Jeff isn’t going anywhere. If I know him, he’s working countless hours prepping for the next TWIP news for everybody and the upcoming TWIPYs. All will continue and all will be great

I'd have a suggestion then...

Do a podcast whenever there's no TWIP.
    So, around ~5 times a year, whenever Jeff can't spare the time.

*doggy eyes*

#450 4 years ago

It feels like mommy and daddy are getting a divorce... (and of course we know which one is mommy)

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-0/page/9?hl=decker1756 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.