(Topic ID: 218615)

TWIP Weekly Podcast: All Good Things Must Come to an End...

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8FD08610-BEEE-4B19-A20A-12EBF1BF536B.gif
    C361E7D2-94CE-4305-8A0D-E3F97FF19DC2 (resized).jpeg
    63516E7F-C111-43A2-8849-D3081FCB7C1E (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191211-200050 (resized).png
    Conflict (resized).png
    FC8A16EA-5995-48FE-A9D3-DEC48823F830 (resized).jpeg
    Tron (resized).jpg
    EBB91687-061A-4FB4-94B6-EECC1592F439.gif
    C7931F96-E437-4B30-9815-7529184FBBB4.gif
    9E6EF12C-AFCE-4655-A8C9-A7EA2909DA53.gif
    D7D8947A-BB8E-4BCE-867E-B36DF25C603A (resized).png
    F701FCDB-D307-4BD9-84DE-463CFD89FBF3 (resized).jpeg
    nailed-it-pun-dad-jokes-literal-nails-in-wood-nails-1424789044l (resized).jpg
    7-StarshipTroopers (resized).jpg
    6-Stargate (resized).jpg
    5-Buckaroo (resized).jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #302 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Zach, is this how a pinball mingle profile by Dennis would look like?[quoted image]

You forgot his alias - Dennis "DenDen" K. That helps snag the chicks.

#303 4 years ago

Rescinded

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Zach, is this how a pinball mingle profile by Dennis would look like?[quoted image]

Is that mr bean?

#305 4 years ago

Performing his hit single from the new album: Euthanasia....
    0876B745-1BF4-4512-8C1D-715AC9B3997D (resized).jpeg0876B745-1BF4-4512-8C1D-715AC9B3997D (resized).jpeg

#306 4 years ago

I disagree with DenDen on Market Trends but the white boy rapping segment has to go...

#308 4 years ago

We did it!!!! We have met Dennis’ Market Trends tshirt challenge goal and he will be conducting Market Trends! Thank you to everyone that purchased a shirt and wear with pride! Bring It Den Den!

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

We did it!!!! We have met Dennis’ Market Trends tshirt challenge goal and he will be conducting Market Trends! Thank you to everyone that purchased a shirt and wear with pride! Bring It Den Den!

Trending up this week .... is market trends. In other news, euthanasia has overtaken Pokémon as the favorite after school activity of teenagers.

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Trending up this week .... is market trends. In other news, euthanasia has overtaken Pokémon as the favorite after school activity of teenagers.

I can’t wait to hear Kriesel’s take on Market Trends. What do you think guys? Does he nail it or fail it?

#311 4 years ago

This is going to be like making your kids eat broccoli. He might do it but he'll have a stink face on.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

This is going to be like making your kids eat broccoli. He might do it but he'll have a stink face on.

I disagree. I'm guessing Dennis puts a lot of thought into this segment. The question will be "Who does a better market trends?"

#313 4 years ago

I think he'll nail it, Kriesel is a pro.

I'm dying to hear the market trends of gottliebs with 2" flippers!

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I disagree. I'm guessing Dennis puts a lot of thought into this segment. The question will be "Who does a better market trends?"

If I'm a betting man... Dennis will put 100% into his effort, which in its own way is pretty damn hilarious...

#315 4 years ago

I wonder if a weekly cohost is trending down and their biweekly cohost is trending up, would that explain a sideways slithering podcast? should something be done about it?

#316 4 years ago

Let’s hope Kriezy follows the mission statement of Pinball Market Trends.

Thou shall report only the facts. Thou shall embrace that numbers don’t lie. And above all others, BUY BUY BUY!

#317 4 years ago

I still can't believe you sold that many shirts. How many did you you have to buy yourself? LOL. Den Den will do a great job on the segment!

#318 4 years ago

There was a mass shirt buy. A loophole exploited. Not a fan of the tactic but it is what it is; I failed to build in a safety condition to prevent the behavior and that's on me.

As such I will honor the terms I laid out (that I would do a Market Trends segment both seriously and enthusiastically). Note that I am not bound by any purported "mission statement" beyond what is on the tin: that the segment is about trends in the market.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

There was a mass shirt buy. A loophole exploited. Not a fan of the tactic but it is what it is; I failed to build in a safety condition to prevent the behavior and that's on me.
    As such I will honor the terms I laid out (that I would do a Market Trends segment both seriously and enthusiastically). Note that I am not bound by any purported "mission statement" beyond what is on the tin: that the segment is about trends in the market.

Fair enough, let’s see whatcha got

#321 4 years ago

You’ve seen Elf on a shelf- now comes something even bigger this Christmas! Kriesel on an Easel - it’s the hottest new toy! Now you can have your very own mini Dennis! Trending Up!

832B0A06-B1BF-499F-969F-E9EA1644BD00 (resized).jpeg832B0A06-B1BF-499F-969F-E9EA1644BD00 (resized).jpeg
    #322 4 years ago

Is anyone else really jealous of Coz 's MS Paint photo editing skills? I know I am, they brighten up this dreary tread!

#323 4 years ago

This Week in Pinball Podcast: Episode 71 with Dennis Kriesel!

Featuring Market Trends by Dennis!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-71-with-dennis-kriesel/

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

This Week in Pinball Podcast: Episode 71 with Dennis Kriesel!
    Featuring Market Trends by Dennis!!
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-71-with-dennis-kriesel/

Dennis made Market Trends his bitch! Such a fun listen and this man deserves your TWIPY vote this year!

#325 4 years ago

On RAZA Zach you mention no need to change a ramp that even a state champ can’t hit 1 time?? But yet when LOTR remake is discussed by you and Greg you said well if they change the right ramp? I’m never buying a game where a shot can’t be made at least 1/2 time with skill player. I get frustrated withy JP helicopter ramp, but if I’m shouting well it’s a fair ramp

#326 4 years ago

Here are seven charts reflecting the seven games I covered in Market Trends, with the data points graphed (in case anyone wanted the information visually).
    1-POTC (resized).jpg1-POTC (resized).jpg
    2-Munsters (resized).jpg2-Munsters (resized).jpg
    3-Tron (resized).jpg3-Tron (resized).jpg
    4-TSPP (resized).jpg4-TSPP (resized).jpg
    5-Buckaroo (resized).jpg5-Buckaroo (resized).jpg
    6-Stargate (resized).jpg6-Stargate (resized).jpg
    7-StarshipTroopers (resized).jpg7-StarshipTroopers (resized).jpg

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Here are seven charts reflecting the seven games I covered in Market Trends, with the data points graphed (in case anyone wanted the information visually).

Actual data. I appreciate this, Dennis.

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Did anyone expect anything less than this? Amazing... This met and exceeded my expectations.

#329 4 years ago

Loved this episode of TWIP, and especially the Market Trends segment! Dennis knocked it out of the park, I loved hearing Dennis' "Market-Hype" voice and his transitions! But don't worry Zach, I wouldn't necessarily want that level of depth every week, so your job is safe in my book!

#330 4 years ago

Market trends will never be the same. Great job, Dennis! I loved Zach's astonishment through the whole thing. lol.

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Actual data. I appreciate this, Dennis.

And research too apparently!

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

On RAZA Zach you mention no need to change a ramp that even a state champ can’t hit 1 time?? But yet when LOTR remake is discussed by you and Greg you said well if they change the right ramp? I’m never buying a game where a shot can’t be made at least 1/2 time with skill player. I get frustrated withy JP helicopter ramp, but if I’m shouting well it’s a fair ramp

I may not have expressed my thoughts well. A ramp that cannot be completed is a problem. However, I do not worry about that ramp because tweaks can be made so that it’s more reliable. It looks smooth and satisfying when made.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Haven't listened to the ep yet but this is why I love Dennis.

Dennis, when voting for you in the TWIPYs
    DO I VOTE FOR TWIP OR EGP? SHOULD I CREATE 2 ACCOUNTS AND VOTE FOR BOTH?

THANKS

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

THANKS

Ry Ry.....Just Do The Right Thing

#336 4 years ago

Wow, glad I mylared up before listening because I was blown away!
    Told you that buckaroo Cowboy Kriesel is a pro's pro!
    Even lined up a coupon code for DOTW.
    NAILED IT!
    Let's get those votes in for round 2, talk about TWIPY leverage.

nailed-it-pun-dad-jokes-literal-nails-in-wood-nails-1424789044l (resized).jpgnailed-it-pun-dad-jokes-literal-nails-in-wood-nails-1424789044l (resized).jpg
    #337 4 years ago

This is how I imagine Dennis doing his research for TWIP Market Trends

F701FCDB-D307-4BD9-84DE-463CFD89FBF3 (resized).jpegF701FCDB-D307-4BD9-84DE-463CFD89FBF3 (resized).jpeg
    #338 4 years ago

Eclectic Gamers Podcast

Quoted from FalconPunch:

THANKS

You should vote for whatever you like! Once you hear the episode, you'll know that if TWIP were to win the TWIPY I told Zach I'd do the segment again. So, if you'd like me to remain free, then "EGP" (or anything else!) is the right answer.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Loved this episode of TWIP, and especially the Market Trends segment! Dennis knocked it out of the park, I loved hearing Dennis' "Market-Hype" voice and his transitions! But don't worry Zach, I wouldn't necessarily want that level of depth every week, so your job is safe in my book!

I would never, ever want that job. But since so many people wanted to support TWIP and get shirts (and one person strike revenge against me), I felt obligated to combine what I feel would be needed for a proper Market Trends segment combined with the ridiculous showmanship people expect from Zach. This, for better or worse, was the result.

#339 4 years ago

Oh man! That was fantastic Dennis! Good work my friend! Zach and I “joked” around that you would probably whip up charts and bring in legit stats, and you sure as hell didn’t disappoint! Now everyone go win a damn FREE shirt using the PINQUEST App! I’ll have some sort of special surprise for those who attend TPF and are rocking the Market trends T!

D7D8947A-BB8E-4BCE-867E-B36DF25C603A (resized).pngD7D8947A-BB8E-4BCE-867E-B36DF25C603A (resized).png
    #340 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Eclectic Gamers Podcast

You should vote for whatever you like! Once you hear the episode, you'll know that if TWIP were to win the TWIPY I told Zach I'd do the segment again. So, if you'd like me to remain free, then "EGP" (or anything else!) is the right answer.

Quoted from ZMeny:

Ry Ry.....Just Do The Right Thing

Thanks
    Voting for kaneda.

#protectscustomers
    #howardsternofpinball
    #tellsitlikeitis
    #donatespinballs
    #turnedacorner
    #alwaysturningcorners
    #notashill
    #untilheneedstosellamachine
    #inthecollectorscorner
    #inthecornerofhisbestinterests
    #notanaltruist

I'll vote this year. But don't base your happiness on something you actually don't have control over. It's a trap!

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Market Trends is based on real data, who knew?
    9E6EF12C-AFCE-4655-A8C9-A7EA2909DA53.gif9E6EF12C-AFCE-4655-A8C9-A7EA2909DA53.gif

Dennis found a deal of the week and negotiated a price discount. Outstanding work.

C7931F96-E437-4B30-9815-7529184FBBB4.gifC7931F96-E437-4B30-9815-7529184FBBB4.gif

#342 4 years ago

Dennis enters the library at TWIP headquarters to perform his due diligence on Market Trends. He encounters mountains of empty soda cans, half colored picture books, tarrot cards, Magic 8-ball, tinfoil hat and a divining rod. He decides to do some rearranging.

EBB91687-061A-4FB4-94B6-EECC1592F439.gifEBB91687-061A-4FB4-94B6-EECC1592F439.gif

#343 4 years ago

Market Trends went really well. Hats off!

#344 4 years ago

Dennis **killed** it with the Market Trends segment! That is exactly what that segment should be: Factual, formula-based, with a heaping helping of Zach bashing to boot

Well done, sir.

#345 4 years ago

<Oops... double post>

#347 4 years ago

I accidentally quoted myself vs editing my first post. Sorry there's no juicy drama associated. Changed the text to indicate.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

I'll vote this year. But don't base your happiness on something you actually don't have control over. It's a trap!

The challenge is just to give Zach a goal to strive for if he desires it (it being me doing MT again). I win either way, really. I strive to balance my podcasting specifically to avoid burnout (it's why I don't do TWIP every week, since with my other pinball obligations I fear it would be past the saturation point).

Quoted from PINQUEST:

Oh man! That was fantastic Dennis! Good work my friend! Zach and I “joked” around that you would probably whip up charts and bring in legit stats, and you sure as hell didn’t disappoint!

Zach knows my #1 criticism of MT is that I am skeptical of his actual tracking of the values and measuring changes, coupled with a seemingly fluid period of trending (if a game goes up and then down the following week was it ever a trend?). But it's his segment so he can do what he wants.

Quoted from cjchand:

Dennis **killed** it with the Market Trends segment! That is exactly what that segment should be: Factual, formula-based, with a heaping helping of Zach bashing to boot

I thought I showed a lot of mercy to Zach, with my every word dripping with MT enthusiasm and overall excitement for the MT segment!

#350 4 years ago

Here is my analysis of Tron pricing as per this week's Market Trends segment...

Tron (resized).jpgTron (resized).jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-0/page/7?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.