(Topic ID: 218615)

TWIP Weekly Podcast: All Good Things Must Come to an End...

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8FD08610-BEEE-4B19-A20A-12EBF1BF536B.gif
    C361E7D2-94CE-4305-8A0D-E3F97FF19DC2 (resized).jpeg
    63516E7F-C111-43A2-8849-D3081FCB7C1E (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191211-200050 (resized).png
    Conflict (resized).png
    FC8A16EA-5995-48FE-A9D3-DEC48823F830 (resized).jpeg
    Tron (resized).jpg
    EBB91687-061A-4FB4-94B6-EECC1592F439.gif
    C7931F96-E437-4B30-9815-7529184FBBB4.gif
    9E6EF12C-AFCE-4655-A8C9-A7EA2909DA53.gif
    D7D8947A-BB8E-4BCE-867E-B36DF25C603A (resized).png
    F701FCDB-D307-4BD9-84DE-463CFD89FBF3 (resized).jpeg
    nailed-it-pun-dad-jokes-literal-nails-in-wood-nails-1424789044l (resized).jpg
    7-StarshipTroopers (resized).jpg
    6-Stargate (resized).jpg
    5-Buckaroo (resized).jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 4 years ago

TWIP - Who needs real news when we get clearcoat discussion, market trends, pick your alter-superhero and lots of funny stuff in this episode? We will find out what is happening next week and maybe get an update on rock skipping.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

TWIP - Who needs real news when we get clearcoat discussion, market trends, pick your alter-superhero and lots of funny stuff in this episode? We will find out what is happening next week and maybe get an update on rock skipping.

I have not listened to it yet but I certainly skip a certain other Podcast for the last weeks since clearcoat discussion seems to be the only topic.

I guess it's a good Thing that there's nothing else to discuss, that means Jurassic Park is generally pleasing to everyone.

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I have not listened to it yet but I certainly skip a certain other Podcast for the last weeks since clearcoat discussion seems to be the only topic.
    I guess it's a good Thing that there's nothing else to discuss, that means Jurassic Park is generally pleasing to everyone.

We always have fun at TWIP, regardless of topic. And yes, JP is very very pleasing, but also regularly pisses me off haha

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

As mentioned last week, the TWIP website team is taking this week off, but the podcast team is still bringing the content - This Week in Pinball Podcast: Episode 60 with Dennis Kriesel!!
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-60-with-dennis-kriesel/

While a spare playfield doesn't equal a perfect game with the playfield already installed (and yes, $500 is minimum for a playfield swap, but can easily go to $1500 for a very layered game). I would also argue that if you're buying a game say 2-3 years after it's done being produced, you're one of 2 people:
    1. You're a player that doesn't care as much about how the playfield looks so long as it doesn't affect gameplay, but can pass that playfield onto the next person he sells it to.
    2. You're a collector that missed out on a game, and are grateful a perfect playfield comes with it, because he can afford to pay someone to swap it. Let's think about how hard playfields come by after the manufacturer is done making them.

#255 4 years ago

Zach, is this how you’d imagine Dennis with his market trends pillow?

44424CA2-3419-4B87-AC54-48C8D246E907 (resized).jpeg44424CA2-3419-4B87-AC54-48C8D246E907 (resized).jpeg
    #256 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Zach, is this how you’d imagine Dennis with his market trends pillow?[quoted image]

Thats freaking perfect. AND its even Dennis in front of his collection!!!! Thanks Coz

#258 4 years ago

Krystle Gemnich and I had a blast! Happy Birthday Krystle!

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Zach, is this how you’d imagine Dennis with his market trends pillow?

Oh this is so creepy...

#260 4 years ago

I actually quite enjoyed the discussion on clear coat issues, it brought a lot of facts to the table instead of people guessing what the issue could be. Although I am not a NIB person, I am even more stuck on seeing a game before buying.

I also wondered if a similar episode could have the topic of reliability of operating systems. For example there are a lot of comments regarding node boards in the Spike system. Is the Spike system really less reliable than SAM, or even JJP systems, etc.? I am nervous of buying a machine with the Spike system because of what I have read, but should I be? Can of worms I know, but so was the clear coat discussion.

#261 4 years ago

Like the show, but this episode was not for me. The discussion never reached any depth at all.

1 week later
    #264 4 years ago

This was a good ol pinball discussion and Dwight introduced his own segment! Arguing with him for an hour was a highlight for me. Thanks Sully

#265 4 years ago

I enjoyed the new segment. It was well researched and thought-out.

#266 4 years ago

Great episode! Always enjoyable for the guest host to bust Zach’s balls.

As far as Dennis’ likeness on a t-shirt, I’m sure you could use a look-alike. Maybe there’s some kind of pinball machine that did something similar...
    7EFB02CC-4334-40E6-8193-D0C84BD172F9 (resized).jpeg7EFB02CC-4334-40E6-8193-D0C84BD172F9 (resized).jpeg

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

As far as Dennis’ likeness on a t-shirt, I’m sure you could use a look-alike. Maybe there’s some kind of pinball machine that did something similar...

Or or or... Zach could just have a Market Trends shirt WITHOUT Dennis' likeness. Hurrah!

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Or or or... Zach could just have a Market Trends shirt WITHOUT Dennis' likeness. Hurrah!

Come celebrate the death of MT and from the ashes, the world will become a better place.

I have a solution to propose on this issue. TWIP agrees to kill the Market Trends segment. Take it out back behind the shed and shoot it in the head ... dead. No more, and expand deal of the week segment to fill time. In return for a promise of sanity, Dennis allows his 4" image to appear above the pocket of 25 limited edition t-shirt's. Across the back is written I killed market trends and maybe include an easter egg of Dennis dressed as the Wicked Witch. Shirts sell for $100 each and are printed after the correct size has been selected and come with a collector badge showing shirt # ?? / 25.

edit - forgot the most important thing. If you grab the front pocket and pull it away from the shirt, inside you'll see a 2" mini Dennis in his cowboy outfit looking up at you saying - Yeehaw! I was right again.

#269 4 years ago

Dwight's segment was brilliant!

Also, if he's in a trolling mood, he will introduce a new required task to get to the wizard mode in the next Star Wars code update: increase the multiplier to max.

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from oyvindmo:

Also, if he's in a trolling mood, he will introduce a new required task to get to the wizard mode in the next Star Wars code update: increase the multiplier to max.

Don’t give him any ideas! Haha

#271 4 years ago

Listening to you and Dwight discuss rules and code has been my favorite discussion of the TWIP podcast. Great job by both you and Dwight on this episode.

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Listening to you and Dwight discuss rules and code has been my favorite discussion of the TWIP podcast. Great job by both you and Dwight on this episode.

So very kind of you and we appreciate the feedback. Sounds like people are asking for more Dwight in the future. Just another contender to get in the ring with me muahaha

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

So very kind of you and we appreciate the feedback. Sounds like people are asking for more Dwight in the future.

You could make him the permanent co-host!

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

You could make him the permanent co-host!

You wish. You can’t leave me Dennis, it’s not in your nature.

#276 4 years ago

Always a blast. Good discussion. And a happy Kriesel to boot!

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from oyvindmo:

I agree his segment was so good I actually listened to the whole thing which is rare as I usually can't make it through a full podcast from anyone. Makes me sorry I didn't go up and talk to him at the Louisville show a couple years ago, seems really approachable and maybe I could have gotten him to play a game against me on my STTNG that was there. Hopefully they have him back on again soon.

1 week later
    #278 4 years ago

Sorry everyone no episode this week. Wanted to take the week off and regroup for the upcoming fall/winter shows

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Sorry everyone no episode this week. Wanted to take the week off and regroup for the upcoming fall/winter shows

I was wondering why I couldn’t find a new episode, I guess you’re not concerned with TWIPY voting......too busy with pinball cribs

#280 4 years ago

A week with no Market Trends is like... a week with no Market Trends...

#281 4 years ago

Oy, guess I’ll have to listen to the radio or something.

#282 4 years ago

wow, didn't realize twip was missing Had to stay home yesterday for work and sit by the internet all day.
    When you pointed out the show's absence today, I figured no big deal. Knowing Dennis wasn't scheduled to co-host until next week, and that Jeff P will be reporting real news then too, I suggest you take a few weeks off. This week sounds like a great time to perfect my rock skipping technique.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I was wondering why I couldn’t find a new episode, I guess you’re not concerned with TWIPY voting......too busy with pinball cribs

Quoted from Raegor:

A week with no Market Trends is like... a week with no Market Trends...

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

wow, didn't realize twip was missing Had to stay home yesterday for work and sit by the internet all day.
    When you pointed out the show's absence today, I figured no big deal. Knowing Dennis wasn't scheduled to co-host until next week, and that Jeff P will be reporting real news then too, I suggest you take a few weeks off. This week sounds like a great time to perfect my rock skipping technique.

Sounds like my time and work is appreciated.....thanks

#284 4 years ago

I just went over to Eclectic to get my Den Den fix. Lol

#285 4 years ago

This Week in Pinball Podcast: Episode 65 with Dennis Kriesel!

The Pinball Market Trends shirt is finally revealed!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-65-with-dennis-kriesel/

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

This Week in Pinball Podcast: Episode 65 with Dennis Kriesel!
    The Pinball Market Trends shirt is finally revealed!!
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-65-with-dennis-kriesel/

Very bold challenge made by Dennis Kriesel. Den Den and I also Slow Jam The Pinball News. Enjoy and but a Market Trends T-Shirt!

#287 4 years ago

So I'm listening to the TWIP Podcast and just heard #theDennisChallenge. Dennis will HOST a Pinball Market Trends segment if Zach can sell 75 Pinball Market Trend shirts in the next month. Let's do this!!

https://silverballswag.com/collections/this-week-in-pinball/products/twip-pinball-market-trends-premium-t-shirt

IMG_20191006_1107101 2.jpgIMG_20191006_1107101 2.jpgmockup-4b4a8c8e_1024x1024@2x.png[email protected]
    1 week later
    1 week later
    #291 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

This Week In Tribbles

The backlash on social media to such ignorance is about as severe as I predicted.

#292 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

This Week In Tribbles

Get the pitch forks boys! This ignorance was funny at first but now it's gone to far!

#293 4 years ago

I'm trying to figure out if Zach has better chemistry with his wife or Den Den...

On another note, my shirt should be here soon! Market Trends Mafia!!!

#294 4 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #295 4 years ago

The episodes with Dennis are terrific, wish he was a permanent host. The weeks in between his appearances just aren’t the same.

#297 4 years ago

I tried a different format this episode, as an experiment. I really enjoyed it and aimed at more of a Daily Show type of flow and vibe. Listeners, let us know if this was welcomed or not. Of course it wouldn’t replace anything but would be used as another tool is the shed. Thanks again for the continued support!

#298 4 years ago

as a homeless person that played at the Sanctum, I think the new format was funny. The Sanctum reminded me of this:

C03C37F4-121F-4570-8F99-B3FFE82B64DF.gifC03C37F4-121F-4570-8F99-B3FFE82B64DF.gif
    #299 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

as a homeless person that played at the Sanctum, I think the new format was funny. The Sanctum reminded me of this:[quoted image]

Awesome! I’m glad as a comp player you got the humor and that I wasn’t talking poorly about the community. Whew.

#300 4 years ago

Zach, is this how a pinball mingle profile by Dennis would look like?

4ED7A70C-48CD-4DD1-BE8E-986D402A0DE7 (resized).jpeg4ED7A70C-48CD-4DD1-BE8E-986D402A0DE7 (resized).jpeg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-0/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.