(Topic ID: 218615)

TWIP Weekly Podcast: All Good Things Must Come to an End...

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8FD08610-BEEE-4B19-A20A-12EBF1BF536B.gif
    C361E7D2-94CE-4305-8A0D-E3F97FF19DC2 (resized).jpeg
    63516E7F-C111-43A2-8849-D3081FCB7C1E (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191211-200050 (resized).png
    Conflict (resized).png
    FC8A16EA-5995-48FE-A9D3-DEC48823F830 (resized).jpeg
    Tron (resized).jpg
    EBB91687-061A-4FB4-94B6-EECC1592F439.gif
    C7931F96-E437-4B30-9815-7529184FBBB4.gif
    9E6EF12C-AFCE-4655-A8C9-A7EA2909DA53.gif
    D7D8947A-BB8E-4BCE-867E-B36DF25C603A (resized).png
    F701FCDB-D307-4BD9-84DE-463CFD89FBF3 (resized).jpeg
    nailed-it-pun-dad-jokes-literal-nails-in-wood-nails-1424789044l (resized).jpg
    7-StarshipTroopers (resized).jpg
    6-Stargate (resized).jpg
    5-Buckaroo (resized).jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #201 4 years ago

Another good show!

Zach: *idea*
    Dennis: Your idea is terrible and won’t work
    Zach: Pinball Market Trends!

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Another good show!
    Zach: *idea*
    Dennis: Your idea is terrible and won’t work
    Zach: Pinball Market Trends!

Quite frankly I suspect this is the formula. You probably do a better job disrupting it. I'm just ignored.

#203 4 years ago

@zmeny, easy buddy- I think this 24/7 pinball lifestyle is starting to take a toll on ya. I know you’re the hardest working man in pinball, but geez dude, maybe its time for another vacation....
    ADFE1821-BC36-4D9E-91B8-77C09109B0E1 (resized).jpegADFE1821-BC36-4D9E-91B8-77C09109B0E1 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    1 week later
    #207 4 years ago

I have really enjoyed the podcasts.....I will be voting for you guys this year!

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Oh damn huge big ginormous thanks!

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Make sure Zach gives you a discount bro!

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Haha....good point!

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Wait wait wait now that’s not part of the deal. I can hear it now, TWIP bought votes! Haha

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Wait wait wait now that’s not part of the deal. I can hear it now, TWIP bought votes! Haha

Sounds like a good marketing strategy

#213 4 years ago

Zach, I've gotta agree with you on this one.TABLE! I hate it! There is zero reason to call a pinball machine a table. "Ooh, that's a sweet table" or " I really like that table" What? It's a damn pinball machine. A game, a machine, even a Pin. But a damn table? Zach, you are correct. Dennis, wrongo....

#214 4 years ago

My stance is objective. I believe the phrase relates to the "Bagatelle-​Table", a precursor to pinball in its present form, and continued on in the lexicon from there. The virtual side really latched onto the use of table to articulate differences between games and the main game (the software shell that runs them), and is the prime reason you hear it more often nowadays (a number of people in the hobby come from digital pinball at this stage, not a background with physical machines).

One can hate the phrase and refuse to use it. But it is no more wrong than saying "soda" rather than "pop." Just the way it is. I dislike referring to pins as decks, but it also seems to be a valid use (though I have no idea as to the history justifying it). So I avoid it but don't go around falsely correcting people on it. Just my take on things.

#215 4 years ago

I’m a northerner that moved south. You should see the looks I get when I ask for a “pop”. It’s great!

#216 4 years ago

Hey, That table's got 3 paddles.

#218 4 years ago

Enjoy -

#220 4 years ago

Right up there with the Annual Paint-Drying Competition or the National Grass-Growing Finals.

And golf.

#221 4 years ago

I watched the ESPN alternate sports show Friday at lunch. Juggling + dodge ball was pure crap (no human carnage) and throwing a frisbee into a box hole + lacrosse looked ok. Funniest event was the pizza dough freestyle as contestants incorporated cartwheels and floor spinning into their routines. There is a U.S. national pizza team already, so can a national pinball day be far off? Heard Aug 1 was the proposed day, but seems better to share 420 day....

All sports were pretty bizarre, but I found myself missing pinball and wishing it had been represented - warts and all. Would have loved to have heard room reactions to a pinball throwing TRex. They needed a hot foods contest and body parts smashing cement blocks.

Thanks for reporting the story and sharing the reason for pinball’s absence this year.

#222 4 years ago

As for competitive stone skipping - 88 skips is the current record, while 89 is considered theoretically impossible. Start at 28 sec mark for a peek at that throw and an interview with the record holder follows. Learn way more than you ever want to.

#223 4 years ago

ZMeny - Don't call the marketing genius a dick. You may have to stand on stage with him again.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

zmeny - Don't call the marketing genius a dick. You may have to stand on stage with him again.

I don’t think I called any marketing genius a dick

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I don’t think I called any marketing genius a dick

Uh,... ok.

Whatever. Great Podcast, as allways.

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uh,... ok.
    Whatever. Great Podcast, as allways.

Thanks buddy

Honestly though, the only person I recall calling a dick was whysnow

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks buddy
    Honestly though, the only person I recall calling a dick was whysnow

Oh, my fault. Just listened to it again.

I didn't understand the first word when you begin to sing, so I didn't recognize we changed persons. XD

But that IS a great segment, lauhed my butt off.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As for competitive stone skipping - 88 skips is the current record, while 89 is considered theoretically impossible. Start at 28 sec mark for a peek at that throw and an interview with the record holder follows. Learn way more than you ever want to.

this guy scientifically made the perfect throwing robot, though he never really counted the maximum.. its interesting to see the science behind it, and his channel is fun in general:

#229 4 years ago

We're off the rails here fellas... DennisK would not approve...

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

this guy scientifically made the perfect throwing robot, though he never really counted the maximum.. its interesting to see the science behind it, and his channel is fun in general:

Enjoyed that one and liked the podcaster’s style. Would be cool to see a rock skipping competition for robots. I’d like to see this guy’s robot compete against other bots and for the results to be measured. Must be an impossible task to define and implement a standard for counting skips. They should direct the worlds greatest minds towards cracking that nut. Maybe we can get Dennis K to look into it.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would be cool to see a rock skipping competition for robots. I’d like to see this guy’s robot compete against other bots and for the results to be measured. Must be an impossible task to define and implement a standard for counting skips. They should direct the worlds greatest minds towards cracking that nut. Maybe we can get Dennis K to look into it.

Why not just build robots to fight each other? It's already a competition and more appealing to the destructive inclinations of this hobby.

#232 4 years ago

I never envisioned this much discussion on professional rock skipping on this thread

This Week in Professional Rock Skipping (TWIPRS)

Or

This Week in Rock Skipping (TWIRS)?

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

I never envisioned this much discussion on professional rock skipping on this thread
    This Week in Professional Rock Skipping (TWIPRS)
    Or
    This Week in Rock Skipping (TWIRS)?

Really liked this week’s slow rolling news with Ryan C too. That was some funny shiete.

#235 4 years ago

Zach: Put's the "Flip" in "Flip N Out" pinball!

#236 4 years ago

I'll just leave this here... Wait for it...

#237 4 years ago

Love you Zach but you may want to seriously consider some editing as your weekly podcast is beyond the 2 hour mark and my commute to work is only 30 minutes.

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Zach: Put's the "Flip" in "Flip N Out" pinball!

You forgot the last word, tables!!

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Love you Zach but you may want to seriously consider some editing as your weekly podcast is beyond the 2 hour mark and my commute to work is only 30 minutes.

That’s even better for ya! Wonderful content to fill your entire week

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Zach does so much editing already. You just don't hear it because.....he edits it out

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Just cut out all of DennisK that'll shorten it up...

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Just cut out all of dennisk that'll shorten it up...

This is true. At least the laughing. That added about two minutes, and then he stuck it at the end again, so four minutes!

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

I get your point that it is getting a little longer than it was before, but I had to laugh at the suggestion that Zach should consider some editing! Between SDTM, the TWIP podcast, the TWIPYs, promotional stuff for new pin releases and Flip N Out, I would be surprised if there is anyone in the pinball industry that edits even half the amount he does. I sometimes get a 2:00AM text from Zach saying he's not quite finished editing the podcast and will have to finish in the morning, then get a 6:30AM text saying it's ready! Trust me, he works hard on editing

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

This is true. At least the laughing. That added about two minutes, and then he stuck it at the end again, so four minutes!

Can’t edit out Gold. That’s my motto. Double down on gold!

#245 4 years ago

I'm really surprised you haven't purchased mylarup.com yet...

#246 4 years ago

Keep the podcasts long. My commute is around 2 hours every day and I welcome long podcasts that I can listen to throughout my week. I do not understand why people want short podcasts or complain about them being too long. Even if my commute was short I still listen to long podcasts at work.

#247 4 years ago

I love the longer podcasts. Keep up the great work guys! Can never have too much of Zach and DenDen.

#248 4 years ago

Yeah, I travel 2 hours per day counting to and fro. Long is fine by me.

1 week later
    #250 4 years ago

As mentioned last week, the TWIP website team is taking this week off, but the podcast team is still bringing the content - This Week in Pinball Podcast: Episode 60 with Dennis Kriesel!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-60-with-dennis-kriesel/

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-0/page/5?hl=captain-flint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.