(Topic ID: 218615)

TWIP Weekly Podcast: All Good Things Must Come to an End...

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8FD08610-BEEE-4B19-A20A-12EBF1BF536B.gif
    C361E7D2-94CE-4305-8A0D-E3F97FF19DC2 (resized).jpeg
    63516E7F-C111-43A2-8849-D3081FCB7C1E (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191211-200050 (resized).png
    Conflict (resized).png
    FC8A16EA-5995-48FE-A9D3-DEC48823F830 (resized).jpeg
    Tron (resized).jpg
    EBB91687-061A-4FB4-94B6-EECC1592F439.gif
    C7931F96-E437-4B30-9815-7529184FBBB4.gif
    9E6EF12C-AFCE-4655-A8C9-A7EA2909DA53.gif
    D7D8947A-BB8E-4BCE-867E-B36DF25C603A (resized).png
    F701FCDB-D307-4BD9-84DE-463CFD89FBF3 (resized).jpeg
    nailed-it-pun-dad-jokes-literal-nails-in-wood-nails-1424789044l (resized).jpg
    7-StarshipTroopers (resized).jpg
    6-Stargate (resized).jpg
    5-Buckaroo (resized).jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #152 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

At least Dennis brings some bitterness to the cheese. A nice balance I suppose

Dennis is more like cheese in the crust. Something not needed nor invited, but rarely unwelcome. If Dennis was a pizza he’d be veggie special with cheesy crust. Zach is more of a meat lovers special guy, he wants every inch covered with topping and no stuffed crust (unless it is deep dish).

This simple example highlights how different these two host are. Zach already lost a competition against sdtm cohost Greg. If he loses this twip contest with Dennis, he may slit his wrists and commit harry carry. Dennis could you add a poll to speed things along - who do you prefer to listen?

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Dennis is more like cheese in the crust. Something not needed nor invited, but rarely unwelcome. If Dennis was a pizza he’d be veggie special with cheesy crust. Zach is more of a meat lovers special guy, he wants every inch covered with topping and no stuffed crust (unless it is deep dish).
    This simple example highlights how different these two host are. Zach already lost a competition against sdtm cohost Greg. If he loses this twip contest with Dennis, he may slit his wrists and commit harry carry. Dennis could you add a poll to speed things along - who do you prefer to listen?

I lost no competition against Purrrooo Greg. But I agree with your pizza comparisons.

#154 4 years ago

No polls, my heart was broken when I lost the Market Trends one.

Greg has a level of charm that Zach probably had trouble combating. I have no charm, it's why I was compared to cheese. I think this is a social experiment to see how long it takes for Zach to break me mentally.

As an aside, I never order cheese-stuffed crust. I prefer thin-crust pizzas.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

No polls, my heart was broken when I lost the Market Trends one.
    Greg has a level of charm that Zach probably had trouble combating. I have no charm, it's why I was compared to cheese. I think this is a social experiment to see how long it takes for Zach to break me mentally.
    As an aside, I never order cheese-stuffed crust. I prefer thin-crust pizzas.

It’s only a matter of time. You’re one more segment away from total shutdown

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

It’s only a matter of time. You’re one more segment away from total shutdown

You have more segments in place than a centipede. It's weird!

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

You have more segments in place than a centipede. It's weird!

more like the original or centipede 2?

C62AFDBD-B4A7-4854-9CA9-4ED721BDA0F1 (resized).jpegC62AFDBD-B4A7-4854-9CA9-4ED721BDA0F1 (resized).jpegB8C4C82B-E169-47E7-97CC-061C5C963E7F.gifB8C4C82B-E169-47E7-97CC-061C5C963E7F.gif
    #158 4 years ago

The sequel, but with Mr. Mackey.

#159 4 years ago

Happiest of Birthdays to our friend and the Creator of This Week In Pinball, Jeff Patterson!

7A67128A-1262-4326-A218-FDEA5876D748 (resized).jpeg7A67128A-1262-4326-A218-FDEA5876D748 (resized).jpegDAFDEDD8-26FE-4622-9C5D-0797FB9C98BA (resized).jpegDAFDEDD8-26FE-4622-9C5D-0797FB9C98BA (resized).jpegE163AD76-1783-4432-995B-7C7C37719439 (resized).jpegE163AD76-1783-4432-995B-7C7C37719439 (resized).jpeg
    #160 4 years ago

Check out this video for the upcoming Epic Outdoor Stream going down THIS FRIDAY, come hang out, and you may win one hell of a prize! I’ll be there representing TWIP Podcast and showing off my mad pinball skills, or lack thereof.

Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

#162 4 years ago

Trending UP this week is Dennis!!!!

2FAC0BA8-F53D-498A-B564-34D240D9B78B (resized).jpeg2FAC0BA8-F53D-498A-B564-34D240D9B78B (resized).jpeg
    #163 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Trending UP this week is Dennis!!!![quoted image]

I would buy 10 of them just to shame Dennis.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

I would buy 10 of them just to shame Dennis.

That whole segment should have hit the cutting room floor.

#165 4 years ago

DennisK trending UP!!!!!!

71219AA5-3013-4D85-AAF6-0D40833A6945 (resized).jpeg71219AA5-3013-4D85-AAF6-0D40833A6945 (resized).jpeg
    #166 4 years ago

Any chance there is a Flip N Out stream tonight?

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Any chance there is a Flip N Out stream tonight?

There was yes. You can check it out On Demand on the Flip N Out Pinball YouTube channel.

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

dennisk trending UP!!!!!!

Yikes! I'm starting to feel like that colonist in Aliens who is cocooned near the power plant. "Kill... me...".

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Yikes! I'm starting to feel like that colonist in Aliens who is cocooned near the power plant. "Kill... me...".

Aliens is one of my favorite movies. Used to play the arcade game when I was a kid. The arcade game was fun but nothing like the movie. What do you think about the game Dennis?

#170 4 years ago

This podcast, like so many others tend to have a sound level that stays somewhat consistent and then a host yells, or they play a sound byte and my speakers in my car nearly blow out. This latest TWIP they put in some obnoxious screaming sound byte (twice) that was 5x as loud as the hosts and I nearly drove off the road as I scrambled for the volume knob.

Is there a way for listeners to keep a maximum sound level for amateur podcasts? I cannot find any settings in Apple's podcast player.

Thanks.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Aliens is one of my favorite movies. Used to play the arcade game when I was a kid. The arcade game was fun but nothing like the movie. What do you think about the game Dennis?

The pinball game? I like where the rules/code went with it, but I found the layout clunky and thus my overall assessment of it is "it's okay".

Quoted from dugmar:

This podcast, like so many others tend to have a sound level that stays somewhat consistent and then a host yells, or they play a sound byte and my speakers in my car nearly blow out. This latest TWIP they put in some obnoxious screaming sound byte (twice) that was 5x as loud as the hosts and I nearly drove off the road as I scrambled for the volume knob.
    Is there a way for listeners to keep a maximum sound level for amateur podcasts? I cannot find any settings in Apple's podcast player.
    Thanks.

Syncing phone to the car system? You can set the max volume output from the phone via the media slider (at least on Android), but you'd need to play a loud sound to know what level you want that at (and the risk of course is the soft sounds might end up too quiet and you end up fiddling with the volume control during an episode).

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

The pinball game? I like where the rules/code went with it, but I found the layout clunky and thus my overall assessment of it is "it's okay".

Syncing phone to the car system? You can set the max volume output from the phone via the media slider (at least on Android), but you'd need to play a loud sound to know what level you want that at (and the risk of course is the soft sounds might end up too quiet and you end up fiddling with the volume control during an episode).

No, I’m referring to the Konami aliens arcade game from the late 80s. Have you played it?

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

Thanks.

It was the screaming goat. Not the first one but the second time. I had my headphones on and jumped because I thought someone had snuck up on me. Good times!

#174 4 years ago

I thought the screaming was awesome too. Just turn down the volume. Shouldn’t need it that loud to hear the podcasters. Then if there’s a spike in sound, it shouldn’t be overwhelming.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

No, I’m referring to the Konami aliens arcade game from the late 80s. Have you played it?

Not enough to have an opinion, sorry.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Not enough to have an opinion, sorry.

I’m disappointed you didn’t swing for the fences with a try. Lack of experience needn’t cloud one’s ability to give expert opinions. Don’t know how you’d be expected to know what Aliens machine he was asking about. Got some pics of the machine in question Coz ?

#177 4 years ago

I’m disappointed you didn’t swing for the fences with a try. Lack of experience needn’t cloud one’s ability to give expert opinions. I’ve never heard of the Konami arcade and don’t know how you’d be expected to know what Aliens machine he was asking about. Got some pics of the machine in question coz ?

3B8E3833-1533-461D-B421-24FFA9605B6A (resized).jpeg3B8E3833-1533-461D-B421-24FFA9605B6A (resized).jpeg
    #178 4 years ago

The 1990 shooter game is loosely based on Aliens franchise and the screen quality is meh by today’s standards. Many people liked the Alien figures or found them creepy good. It’s entertaining to blow up Aliens I’ll admit and that may even be in our dna. At the time Aliens came out, I remember playing it and feeling the animations weren’t that good. Had forgotten about the game until today. Blocked it out after my initial disappointment. I expect more integration from my Aliens arcade games, but willingly spend 20 hours in front of one.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

Thanks.

“amateur podcasts”.....

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

“amateur podcasts”.....

Yes. Correct. Not an insult. I dig the show content. Like many podcasts, due to budget limitations I’m sure, sound is not professionally engineered.

#181 4 years ago

Aliens Extermination looks interesting too.
    CB351F62-7C6F-4671-A73E-E360CD477973 (resized).jpegCB351F62-7C6F-4671-A73E-E360CD477973 (resized).jpeg

#183 4 years ago

Ol Mudflap brought his A game on this one. Enjoyed having him.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Ol Mudflap brought his A game on this one. Enjoyed having him.

Thanks for having me Zach! I had a great time and I’d love to come back unless the listeners plummeted.

And I promise to fix my microphone. HD my ass!

#185 4 years ago

Can't wait to listen to this one. Mudflaps is very entertaining and a great guy too!.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks for having me Zach! I had a great time and I’d love to come back unless the listeners plummeted.
    And I promise to fix my microphone. HD my ass!

iT WAS A GREAT LISTEN mudflap

#187 4 years ago

Mudflaps episode was so good I wanted to redesign his avatar as a gift of gratitude. Unfortunately my cut and paste skills in photoshop aren’t that good so providing my art files for someone else to create a great meme and a future great avatar for him. Congratulations Sir, I can assure you this little project is going to turn out fantastic because you’ve earned that today. :beerchugging:

When listening to TWIP I pay attention to different voices used by each person and the value added of dialog in character. At the end of the episode, I mentally assign a winner. This week goes to ..... envelope please .... this is nerve wracking.... the winner is Tony Bennett. Wow he was great and I didn’t even know he was still alive. And Mudflaps wins the trophy, 56 cents in loose change and handful of belly button fuzz.

2E846F27-F84B-47D5-9331-158D29ECD84C (resized).jpeg2E846F27-F84B-47D5-9331-158D29ECD84C (resized).jpegB90D2107-1214-4D65-BFE7-552017BAC42D (resized).jpegB90D2107-1214-4D65-BFE7-552017BAC42D (resized).jpeg
    7EB37A61-B4DE-4680-B9E6-9E5A4F5A5C72 (resized).jpeg7EB37A61-B4DE-4680-B9E6-9E5A4F5A5C72 (resized).jpeg

EC4B3AE5-C077-43F2-BFA0-AA6629C5B8E2 (resized).jpegEC4B3AE5-C077-43F2-BFA0-AA6629C5B8E2 (resized).jpeg
    9429BA50-5207-40B4-A2B8-6DEC341066EC (resized).jpeg9429BA50-5207-40B4-A2B8-6DEC341066EC (resized).jpeg
    0BC07B6F-12F3-419B-9FDF-2228A261600A (resized).jpeg0BC07B6F-12F3-419B-9FDF-2228A261600A (resized).jpeg
    936456A6-E36D-4F94-8224-18D59274A4C6 (resized).png936456A6-E36D-4F94-8224-18D59274A4C6 (resized).png

DB30BF25-4497-4CA3-97AC-35074716C16A (resized).jpegDB30BF25-4497-4CA3-97AC-35074716C16A (resized).jpeg
    #188 4 years ago

Great show Mudflaps. Definitely a winner. Who’s that other guy that was in with you again?

I think Tony Bennet could be a recurring character to come on for game insights.

#189 4 years ago

mudflaps needs to come back for sure

#190 4 years ago

Mudflaps is a great choice as a guest on a Podcast. I have not listened yet but I can imagine it is a fun episode. What a yapper on that guy.

The Northern VA pinball crew misses you dude.

#192 4 years ago

Fightin’ words!

Good episode, but I was misquoted during last week’s episode. I said it was Jack’s prerogative to run his business as he pleases. I did *not* say it was okay to lie to his customers.

Lying is not okay, unless your spouse asks you if they look good in the new yoga pants.

#193 4 years ago

Maybe the yoga pants just aren’t your color?

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Fightin’ words!
    Good episode, but I was misquoted during last week’s episode. I said it was Jack’s prerogative to run his business as he pleases. I did *not* say it was okay to lie to his customers.

My apologies, I didn't remember the quote myself or I would have countered the statement before initiating my rant.

That said, it does appear a lie was indeed told to Jeff now that we know the games are shipping, so the topic seems timely and relevant. I get really mad at businesses that lie to the public. Not sure why it sets me off so much, but it does.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

That said, it does appear a lie was indeed told to Jeff now that we know the games are shipping, so the topic seems timely and relevant. I get really mad at businesses that lie to the public.

I agree that Jack either (1) knows nothing about his business or (2) lied. In this case, it’s better as a business owner to use the Glomar response, i.e. cannot confirm or deny. Integrity is critical.

On the bright side, Wonkas are shipping. It’s just too bad there was some self-inflicted drama.

1 week later
    #197 4 years ago

There was a quoted comment from EP 53 about how JJP uses JAVA for programming, integrating A/V. It was suggested that this accounts for Wonka synchronization problems. Nonsense. While I am no longer under NDA (probably) I still won't go into detail but it is safe to say in integrating A/V for three three big pinball games on the JJP system there never was any problem making the audio sync with display effects.

ddt

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from daudioguy:

There was a quoted comment from EP 53 about how JJP uses JAVA for programming, integrating A/V. It was suggested that this accounts for Wonka synchronization problems. Nonsense. While I am no longer under NDA (probably) I still won't go into detail but it is safe to say in integrating A/V for three three big pinball games on the JJP system there never was any problem making the audio sync with display effects.
    ddt

JJP wants you back bro!

#199 4 years ago

Just alternate Mudflaps and Dennis. They are both great and I like how Dennis puts the smack down on the pinball market trends!

Good show as usual this week.

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from daudioguy:

Thanks for the feedback. I had another programmer contact me with skepticism regarding what I mentioned. I reached out to the programmer who originally brought the issue up with me, who clarified it was off jre info in the bootstrapper not direct knowledge of how the assets work (note neither of these programmers were with JJP). I did reach out with a query to some at JJP but they refused to discuss the programming.

I appreciate the clarification and will be happy to note it on the next episode I am on (I can avoid citing by name if that makes things easier). I hedged citing as a fact but given confirmation it is not in play I want to get that out there (for those who care).

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-0/page/4?hl=bazzy34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.