(Topic ID: 218615)

TWIP Weekly Podcast: All Good Things Must Come to an End...

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8FD08610-BEEE-4B19-A20A-12EBF1BF536B.gif
    C361E7D2-94CE-4305-8A0D-E3F97FF19DC2 (resized).jpeg
    63516E7F-C111-43A2-8849-D3081FCB7C1E (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191211-200050 (resized).png
    Conflict (resized).png
    FC8A16EA-5995-48FE-A9D3-DEC48823F830 (resized).jpeg
    Tron (resized).jpg
    EBB91687-061A-4FB4-94B6-EECC1592F439.gif
    C7931F96-E437-4B30-9815-7529184FBBB4.gif
    9E6EF12C-AFCE-4655-A8C9-A7EA2909DA53.gif
    D7D8947A-BB8E-4BCE-867E-B36DF25C603A (resized).png
    F701FCDB-D307-4BD9-84DE-463CFD89FBF3 (resized).jpeg
    nailed-it-pun-dad-jokes-literal-nails-in-wood-nails-1424789044l (resized).jpg
    7-StarshipTroopers (resized).jpg
    6-Stargate (resized).jpg
    5-Buckaroo (resized).jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #102 5 years ago

Always a blast to chat with TWIP!

#103 5 years ago

I always enjoy the weekly podcast and news, great job guys

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Always a blast to chat with TWIP!

Absolutely bud. Can’t wait to hang out soon.

Quoted from Coz:

I always enjoy the weekly podcast and news, great job guys

Thanks Coz!!!! Jack and I are ready for some TWIPYs!!!

2 weeks later
    #107 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

New segment!

Half the impressions chosen were ones you do ALL... THE... TIME!

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Half the impressions chosen were ones you do ALL... THE... TIME!

Hey wait now, Teolis had Sly and Petey.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey wait now, Teolis had Sly and Petey.

Your Petey was better, so that was a trap.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Your Petey was better, so that was a trap.

Really?

#111 5 years ago

No, I'm was trying not to hurt his feelings. It was awful. His voice cracked more than a 13-year-old's. It was like when someone tries to sing like Minnie Riperton. You know the high note is coming, you know it won't be hit, but you are shocked every time how badly flat it lands.

It was like that.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

No, I'm was trying not to hurt his feelings. It was awful. His voice cracked more than a 13-year-old's. It was like when someone tries to sing like Minnie Riperton. You know the high note is coming, you know it won't be hit, but you are shocked every time how badly flat it lands.
    It was like that.

(Beep beep beep beep) 2-Ton Kriesel is backing up....see what I did there Dennis? Kriesel rhymes with diesel.

#113 5 years ago

Maybe I didn't listen at all!

#115 5 years ago

It was really nice to hear Gizmonic back on the podcast airwaves. You are missed, Sir!

1 week later
    #116 5 years ago

Our podcast host ZMeny has been working hard on the upcoming TWIPY Pinball Awards Show, so we are skipping the podcast this week - we'll be back soon!

#118 5 years ago
    32B943A5-A51F-4750-8C20-E6B7385A9EB6.gif32B943A5-A51F-4750-8C20-E6B7385A9EB6.gifE424D81C-D14B-4498-9F97-E03528906B01.gifE424D81C-D14B-4498-9F97-E03528906B01.gif22182C74-4DB7-4B6B-8234-6B44ED87E3F2.gif22182C74-4DB7-4B6B-8234-6B44ED87E3F2.gif91989D1F-F927-4D7B-8F37-52F536C67350.gif91989D1F-F927-4D7B-8F37-52F536C67350.gif
    #119 5 years ago

You better bring it next week Zach!!!!

1 week later
    2 weeks later
    #121 5 years ago

This Week in Pinball Podcast: Episode 38 with Ken Cromwell of Special When Lit Pinball Podcast!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-38-with-ken-cromwell/

2 weeks later
    #124 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

This Week in Pinball Podcast: Episode 40 with Ken Cromwell and Dennis Kriesel! (wait, who?)
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-40-with-ken-cromwell-and-dennis-kriesel/

big changes afoot. podcast mergers and acquisitions. a powerplay for TWIP's golden mic. Treachery, intrigue, backstabbing and a dash from game of thrones. New hosts, you betcha. o boy. plus this week's pinball news.

#125 5 years ago

I’m curious to know how many like me were fooled by this whole April 1st meshup.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from Koos:

I’m curious to know how many like me were fooled by this whole April 1st meshup.

I'm not sure Jeff would trust me to run a bath, much less his almost award-winning TWIP Podcast.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from Koos:

Based on the amount of messages we received over the past few days I can say with absolute certainty that you were not the only one! Thanks Koos!

1 week later
    #130 5 years ago

Fun episode and great discussion on Wonka, Black Knight, Beetlejuice, & More!

#131 5 years ago

Wait, did I hear that right? ZMeny said no one watches Addams Family and it is a bad theme?

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Fun episode and great discussion on Wonka, Black Knight, Beetlejuice, & More!

Beatlejuice is a good theme, but better than every game in top100? Hahaha no way, put your glasses back on. It’s not better that MM, AFM nor LOTR, right off the top of my head. Also it’s not theoretically better than JJPOTC or Wonka actually are.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Beatlejuice is a good theme, but better than every game in top100? Hahaha no way, put your glasses back on. It’s not better that MM, AFM nor LOTR, right off the top of my head. Also it’s not theoretically better than JJPOTC or Wonka actually are.

Beetlejuice as a theme kills the likes of medieval madness or attack from mars. It’s recognizable and beloved.

#134 5 years ago

Beetlejuice is a great theme IMO, probably a top 15 for me. But Addams Family not a good theme?? If there were no TAF pinball machine and someone announced it, I would be excited by the theme alone.

#135 5 years ago

Beetlejuice is one of my dream themes and it would probably be an instant buy for me so many possibilities please someone make this game.
    Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

#136 5 years ago

It is unfair to compare a future theme against any theme that has been made, because you will tend to fantasize how great your grail will be and build it up to be a perfect “10” until Stern gets ahold of it and you get an 8. ouch. You were arguing Beatlejuice would make a great title, but then focused on comparing it it themes in the past. Those themes are done and have already been squeezed down to a level 8. Comparing future themes and existing themes is a folly because existing games are judged on THEIR MERITS, not theme. One cannot unsee what they cannot, so if you asked me to imagine a LOTR themed pin duh .... my mind is going to LOTR design that I know well. I can’t separate them. So you can compare existing games with one another and you can compare future themes against grails. Just never mix pinball machine themes from different dimensions — dr emmett brown

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It is unfair to compare a future theme against any theme that has been made, because you will tend to fantasize how great your grail will be and build it up to be a perfect “10” until Stern gets ahold of it and you get an 8. ouch. You were arguing Beatlejuice would make a great title, but then focused on comparing it it themes in the past. Those themes are done and have already been squeezed down to a level 8. Comparing future themes and existing themes is a folly because existing games are judged on THEIR MERITS, not theme. One cannot unsee what they cannot, so if you asked me to imagine a LOTR themed pin duh .... my mind is going to LOTR design that I know well. I can’t separate them. So you can compare existing games with one another and you can compare future themes against grails. Just never mix pinball machine themes from different dimensions — dr emmett brown

I disagree. I can honestly say that now matter how horrible back to the future game is, the theme alone beats nearly any other theme regardless of whether it was made or not. Theme is theme.

#138 5 years ago

Great episode Zach and Cary. I enjoyed the opinions and entertaining commentary

1 week later
    #141 4 years ago

We love new cohosts to torture...I mean....meet. Reach out and message us if you want to join myself and face the challenge of cohosting the TWIPcast! Challenge issued...

1 week later
    1 week later
    1 week later
    1 week later
    #146 4 years ago

Zach, Thanks for mentioning me in Pinball market trends. The baby coz sound effects made me laugh, I had to let my wife listen too and she loved it. Great podcast as usual. Oh I have owned a baby pac man too-

#147 4 years ago

All hail Kriesel with his knowledge and outrageous ability to handle Zach's layers of cheese! Long may he reign.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

All hail Kriesel with his knowledge and outrageous ability to handle Zach's layers of cheese! Long may he reign.

I for one love layers of cheese!

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I for one love layers of cheese!

7 Layers?

#150 4 years ago

At least Dennis brings some bitterness to the cheese. A nice balance I suppose

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-0/page/3?hl=koos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.