(Topic ID: 218615)

TWIP Weekly Podcast: All Good Things Must Come to an End...

By pin2d

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8FD08610-BEEE-4B19-A20A-12EBF1BF536B.gif
    C361E7D2-94CE-4305-8A0D-E3F97FF19DC2 (resized).jpeg
    63516E7F-C111-43A2-8849-D3081FCB7C1E (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191211-200050 (resized).png
    Conflict (resized).png
    FC8A16EA-5995-48FE-A9D3-DEC48823F830 (resized).jpeg
    Tron (resized).jpg
    EBB91687-061A-4FB4-94B6-EECC1592F439.gif
    C7931F96-E437-4B30-9815-7529184FBBB4.gif
    9E6EF12C-AFCE-4655-A8C9-A7EA2909DA53.gif
    D7D8947A-BB8E-4BCE-867E-B36DF25C603A (resized).png
    F701FCDB-D307-4BD9-84DE-463CFD89FBF3 (resized).jpeg
    nailed-it-pun-dad-jokes-literal-nails-in-wood-nails-1424789044l (resized).jpg
    7-StarshipTroopers (resized).jpg
    6-Stargate (resized).jpg
    5-Buckaroo (resized).jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #51 5 years ago

Sir Kenneth Cromwell III was a blast and such a great guy. Check out Special When Lit Pinball Podcast as well, good stuff there.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Sir Kenneth Cromwell III was a blast and such a great guy. Check out Special When Lit Pinball Podcast as well, good stuff there.

Thanks for having me on Jeff and Zach!

#54 5 years ago

Had a great time talking pinball with @zmeny! Thanks for having me on.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Had a great time talking pinball with zmeny! Thanks for having me on.

Had a blast man can’t wait to do it again sometime

1 week later
    #57 5 years ago

Last night during my rec league play, we were on the Hobbit, when the ball coming down the right wire-form spun out of the hole with some dirty nasty English and went directly into the right drain. I was cursing Meny's name as it deserved to be and praising Dennis who is wise in all his words that that is terrible design flaw!
    In the end, I was more sober than the other 3 players and managed to win on that game bad ball English and all.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from kevindrives:

Last night during my rec league play, we were on the Hobbit, when the ball coming down the right wire-form spun out of the hole with some dirty nasty English and went directly into the right drain. I was cursing Meny's name as it deserved to be and praising Dennis who is wise in all his words that that is terrible design flaw!
    In the end, I was more sober than the other 3 players and managed to win on that game bad ball English and all.

It's actually a very, very common outcome on that ramp. Glad your sobriety carried you over the edge!

#59 5 years ago

I have to say that "Face/Off" (is that what it's called?) wasn't my favorite segment, primarily because a person's like/dislike of a game is their own personal preference, and anything anyone will say to try to convince them otherwise is usually pointless. I do agree with Dennis though, that the upper right flipper is pretty useless, and that the game would have been better deployed as a standard sized game than a widebody. Lots of valid points made by both sides. I wouldn't say Hobbit is a dud, but it's not that super great.

Market Trends is still awesome (sorry Dennis )

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I have to say that "Face/Off" (is that what it's called?) wasn't my favorite segment, primarily because a person's like/dislike of a game is their own personal preference, and anything anyone will say to try to convince them otherwise is usually pointless. I do agree with Dennis though, that the upper right flipper is pretty useless, and that the game would have been better deployed as a standard sized game than a widebody. Lots of valid points made by both sides. I wouldn't say Hobbit is a dud, but it's not that super great.

I think Zach called it The Showdown (Face/Off I believe is his SDTM slap-fest thing).

Quoted from FatPanda:

Market Trends is still awesome (sorry Dennis )

You sound strangely not sorry...

3 weeks later
    #63 5 years ago

Had fun! Thanks for having me on!

1 week later
    #65 5 years ago

NEW SEGMENT where YOU can play along!

TWIP That Tune! See how Dennis did...

#66 5 years ago

Magic wands that also taste delicious. License must have been expensive, as each contains a wizard spell sheet. Probably more than a Beatles Magical Mystery Tour wand would run. Why can’t we get a Harry Potter pin?

BFB46127-ACA4-4ECE-AD29-5ACB720136E5 (resized).jpegBFB46127-ACA4-4ECE-AD29-5ACB720136E5 (resized).jpeg

I can purchase and watch every second of every film in Blu-ray, dvd and digital for around $100 bucks.
    EBDE6ABC-0109-4655-A35C-DA1E49359E2A (resized).pngEBDE6ABC-0109-4655-A35C-DA1E49359E2A (resized).png

Sell it without a coindoor for home use only, but offer one as an upgrade option.

#68 5 years ago

Had a ton of fun with the Bone Man on this one!

Make sure to play along during the TWIP That Tune segment and stick around at the end for an outtake!

Thanks for listening everyone, we very much appreciate the support.

#71 5 years ago

NEW SEGMENT ALERT:

This Week In Pinball’s A Closer Look with Christopher Franchi

#72 5 years ago

Thank God! I was worried I wouldn't get my Franchi fix for this week!

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thank God! I was worried I wouldn't get my Franchi fix for this week!

We may not be the first to get him, but gosh darn it, we’ll give you the best piece with him

1 week later
    1 week later
    2 weeks later
    #77 5 years ago

Alvin Jones, of all people should understand the importance of dreams. He is misinformed, Harry Potter pinball will be made, damnit. Don’t cockblock my grail pin, Sir. Once invited to tea with JKR, bring the honey potient. Jackpot.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Alvin Jones, of all people should understand the importance of dreams. He is misinformed, Harry Potter pinball will be made, damnit. Don’t cockblock my grail pin, Sir. Once invited to tea with JKR, bring the honey potient. Jackpot.

Thanks Jeff! Love winning debates with Dennis, but it does get boring at times.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Alvin would never block a dream. JKR will do it all by herself. It is unavoidable. It is her destiny.

#80 5 years ago

Enjoyed it as usual Zach. Well done. Dennis is getting around a lot it seems lately! Make sure you wear protection but don't wear polyurethane. Rumor is he is deathly allergic to it.

Dennis is passionate about his "opinions." I enjoy you guys butting heads.

I already have a call. I will play it. haha

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Dennis is passionate about his "opinions." I enjoy you guys butting heads.
    I already have a call. I will play it. haha

Why is opinions in quotes?!?

I can't believe anyone called; voice lines are so much work. It was probably Zach. Check and see if it is one of the 2.5 voices he is capable of.

#82 5 years ago

Dennis has some good one's. If I had more energy I'd read his posts / watch his podcasts to gather enough wisdom to pen - Parenting in an Age of Kreiselisms - Soothsayer Whisperer!

edited back in - He’s like Yogi Berra, in his own mind!

#83 5 years ago

I'm just a simple hobbyist, trying to find my way. If you see a drop target in the middle of the road, take it!

EDIT: Makes less sense with the Yogi Berra statement gone. Still, the moral of the story is spinners all day is not the proper way to live.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Why is opinions in quotes?!?

To emphasize the word opinion. No hard feelings. Your snarky cynicism, contrarian nature and type A personality is part of your allure. I enjoy your rants, even when I scream in my car with rebuttals. That passion, on both sides, is a good thing.

The comment left on the line is funny, if not 100% authentic. It will be up soon.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

To emphasize the word opinion. No hard feelings.

Haha, I meant that to mean that you recognized such opinions were really facts, but you dared not admit (to protect Zach's feelings).

Now, how you were to infer that from my three punctuation marks remains for you to figure out!

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Haha, I meant that to mean that you recognized such opinions were really facts, but you dared not admit (to protect Zach's feelings).
    Now, how you were to infer that from my three punctuation marks remains for you to figure out!

Facts... super bands rock...fact!

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Your Jedi mind tricks are useless as I have such a small target.

Oh, and those three punctuation marks? They are one ellipsis.

ie: Dennis is wrong... a lot.

I KEED! Kinda.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Your Jedi mind tricks are useless as I have such a small target.

These are not the droids you're looking for.

...the droids you seek are the ones on the Star Wars topper. Or is it just one? It has been so long I think an extra droid is warranted.

#89 5 years ago

How many people have already spammed Zacks voicemail telling him that the “astronaut guy” is Ultraman?!

Ok now please send another lapel pin to The Netherlands.

I’m not familiar with the franchise but I’ve read Ready Player One and this character was kinda big in that story, so I looked him up.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from Koos:

How many people have already spammed Zacks voicemail telling him that the “astronaut guy” is Ultraman?!
    Ok now please send another lapel pin to The Netherlands.
    I’m not familiar with the franchise but I’ve read Ready Player One and this character was kinda big in that story, so I looked him up.

That’s him! Thanks, but it only counts if you sent a message to our Slap Save Hotline hahaha

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from Koos:

Was "astronaut guy" not the most poorly executed description you ever heard? Until he mentioned the fin all Zach kept talking about was, as near as I could tell, any ol' regular astronaut! I kept thinking he just saw Space Camp and was getting really confused. Or his love of Buck Rogers was shining through. There were a lot of possibilities.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

That’s him! Thanks, but it only counts if you sent a message to our Slap Save Hotline hahaha

If anybody needs @ZMeny cell number just send me a PM...He likes the middle of the night calls, MAYBE @RICHIEWRENCH NEEDS IT!!!!!!! I hear he is starting up a powder coating coin door business moonlighting...he is up all night.

#93 5 years ago
    845EC4F0-5396-4CC7-8E6C-F4F4F0BEDDA5 (resized).jpeg845EC4F0-5396-4CC7-8E6C-F4F4F0BEDDA5 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    1 week later
    #96 5 years ago

I enjoyed the latest episode with Matt. It was nice to hear a different opinion and perspective on pinball from a fellow collector. I would be in favor of more episodes like that. If you ever need anything, let me know.

#97 5 years ago

My name is Matt Morrison.... seeing this thread title freaked me out for a second.

#98 5 years ago

Thanks to Zach and Jeff for having me on. Also thanks to all that listened! If you liked me as a guest post it here. I would love to do it again.

Thanks
    The other other Matt Morrison

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Thanks to Zach and Jeff for having me on. Also thanks to all that listened! If you liked me as a guest post it here.

I thought you did a good job. Don't know why Zach thought you sounded like Josh Sharpe though.

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-0/page/2?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.