Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RonB
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

As mentioned in my Shadow thread, my gameroom garage is currently a mess. Today, the ball dropped. I can't buy anymore pins UNLESS one of our cars is gone. I can't afford to move out, I can't drive, and I don't feel like selling any of my pins. I'm sure a Pinsider has been in this situation before, but what do I do?

#2 11 years ago

Oh yes, we all dream of more rooms, additions, etc

#3 11 years ago

Sell me your shadow

#4 11 years ago

Tell your folks they are causing undue mental distress, start pulling your hair out and eating it in front of them, Oh yeah , they will cave. If that doesnt work tell them you'll pitch in on the electricity bill.

#5 11 years ago

You can store some at my house. I'll even play them so they feel loved.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

As mentioned in my Shadow thread, my gameroom garage is currently a mess. Today, the ball dropped. I can't buy anymore pins UNLESS one of our cars is gone. I can't afford to move out, I can't drive, and I don't feel like selling any of my pins. I'm sure a Pinsider has been in this situation before, but what do I do?

Be happy with what you have and enjoy!
    If something comes along that you must own....... sell one!
    It's only pinball!

#7 11 years ago

Do you keep the cars in the garage? Here in Ohio, keeping the cars in the garage in the winter is really nice, but for you folks in sunny CA can you keep the car on the drive way?

#8 11 years ago

tough one to answer, just enjoy the ones you have until you can fit more. its better than having none

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

Be happy with what you have and enjoy!
    It's only pinball!

I've recently come to this conclusion. Sold my collection and kept just a couple and I am actually playing more now. Even more when I get AC/DC back as a premium in a couple months.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

but for you folks in sunny CA can you keep the car on the drive way?

We can, but you know, I wouldn't want my father's M5 broken into.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I can't buy anymore pins UNLESS one of our cars is gone. I can't afford to move out, I can't drive, and I don't feel like selling any of my pins. I'm sure a Pinsider has been in this situation before, but what do I do?

The key is you can't buy anymore! That was after you picked up the Shadow.

Quoted from dug:

This is what I did.

Don't sweat it bro, your still young! I didn't own a pin till I was 50. But, I know after seeing my living room, you might want more!

#12 11 years ago

If I were your folks I'd be saying "kwiKi, dear, if you can afford these pinball machines of yours then you can afford to move out"

#13 11 years ago

I'll admit it, I am relatively new in this hobby(2011) and I suck at pinball tech. I'm trying to build new relationships with some Pinsiders and hopefully improve in the repairing part of it. For some of you Pinsiders, you might think I'm some ungrateful, spoiled brat whose parents bought him machines. I worked VERY HARD to get where I am in my collection. I still consider myself a noob, even though I'm a Pinside Legend as judged by my PKP. I started this thread to make sure I was going down the right path of true Pinball Enlightenment.

Sorry for the little tangent, but sometimes, I just can't help but post questions on here and hopefully many will respond.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

you might think I'm some ungrateful, spoiled brat whose parents bought him machines.

I never thought that.

Every time I see your kwiKimart I think of a all night convenience store and get hungry for a day old hot dog.

LTG : )

#15 11 years ago

Yeah, thats rough. My wife imposed a three pin limit which I am actually fine with. I think your best bet like others said is just enjoy what you have for now and then sell when you get tired of them. Or you could find a local pinsider that maybe wants to do a temporary trade for a few months.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I never thought that.

I know you wouldn't think that, but I want to clear up that rumor.

#17 11 years ago

Kwiki,
    What do you think of Shadow so far?

#18 11 years ago

So now we know you are officially full of shit when you post you wish you were closer

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

So now we know you are officially full of shit when you post you wish you were closer

I didn't know what to post on some For Sale threads. I decided to use the WYWC or GLWTS post when it was necessary. Everything else I posted was 100% true.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

when you post you wish you were closer

He was close enough to buy it, but not close enough where I can still go play it!

#21 11 years ago

You are not trying hard enough

Do you have a backyard? Then you do not need a toilet
    Try sleeping under your pinball machines
    Is tber a dining room table? Dump it and get a couple of cocktail machines that can do double duty

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

What do you think of Shadow so far?

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

For my first W/B pin, I am lovin' it!!!!!

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I didn't know what to post on some For Sale threads.

You didn't have to post anything, but it was a nice bump for the seller, so I'm sure they appreciated it.

#24 11 years ago

kwiKi, you may not be gaining any space or sympathy, but your karma point are going thru the roof!
    How'd ya like that old EM Fireball?

#25 11 years ago

Every pinhead is constantly out of space. & you probably won't get anybody feeling bad for you that you are overflowing with pins & how that is the only reason you can't keep buying them. This is not a problem. If you own 1 pin, consider yourself more fortunate than most. I swear some ppl are more obsessed about tracking down their next pin before they even appreciate the one they just got. When that happens, you might have a problem!

I'm maxed out at 4 pins. & that seems like a decent amount. Collection is small enough that I don't get overwhelmed & I can keep up with repairs, & also really get to appreciate each one. Of course, if I had more space & money I might get more. I just feel lucky that we have 1 nice "nook" in our house that fits 4 pins perfectly without being in the way. Having more than 4 is just out of the question, I put that limit on myself unless my living situation changes.

#26 11 years ago

If you can't drive, then sell your car (or donate it to Goodwill and use the tax write off to buy another pin)

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

If you can't drive, then sell your car (or donate it to Goodwill and use the tax write off to buy another pin)

I never had a car due to my autism.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Yeah, thats rough. My wife imposed a three pin limit which I am actually fine with.

My wife recently set a limit on me, all future pin purchases must be a 3 ball multiball minimum. My next acquisition is going to force me to move some pins to my parents game room cause I'm out of room in mine.

#29 11 years ago

I would love a pin, but in due time it will come.
    Running outta space is a good problem it should push you to marry a rich lady and become a trophy husband. jk you could build yourself a shed for your games in the back yard, maybe? It;s a good problem to have comparative to some

#30 11 years ago

What about your basement if you have one, is it finished space? Little framing,drywall and painting- instant pincave!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I never had a car

Cars are overrated anyway! I drive mine as little as possible. It is good for haulin pins, though.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

What about your basement if you have one, is it finished space?

Don't have one.

#33 11 years ago

All I can say is just give me a little time and I might have a solution. Kwiki is signing out.

#34 11 years ago

kwiKi,

...your mission should you choose to accept it,
    is to clean and re-arrange the garage,
    to the mutual satisfaction of your parents and yourself.

Negotiate your space in the garage to be for your gameroom area that you can decorate the walls with arcade type artwork/signs/sci-fi figures, etc.

Keep just enough extra free space for working on pins and misc other projects.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

What about your basement if you have one,

Although there have been improvements, for some reason basements out here have always had issues with water, so you just don't see many.

#36 11 years ago

Can you talk the folks into an addition? Massive game room, tell them their resale value will skyrocket

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Although there have been improvements, for some reason basements out here have always had issues with water, so you just don't see many.

Is your soil lots of rock and clay? Any areas that dont have that good absorbent dirt are just prone to wet basements. When I bought my house it had a remodeled kitchen and unfinished basement, knew it was for me!

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Is your soil lots of rock and clay?

Funny you should ask! My front yard is lots of clay, and the back yard is lots of sand. Mix them together with compost, and you have a garden supreme! Why no basements, I'm not to sure. But as buildable land is becoming scarcer people are finding a way. I think there is even a subway of sorts in LA now.

#39 11 years ago

Max out at 5 . Just finished new game room as kids moved out and now have room dedicated for pins

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fishmugger:

Max out at 5 . Just finished new game room as kids moved out and now have room dedicated for pins

Nice- what happens when they turn 30 and move back in?

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Funny you should ask! My front yard is lots of clay, and the back yard is lots of sand. Mix them together with compost, and you have a garden supreme! Why no basements, I'm not to sure. But as buildable land is becoming scarcer people are finding a way. I think there is even a subway of sorts in LA now.

A subdivision I do a lot of work in had to dynamite blast out the rock at the lower end of the area, guess who's basement all flooded? yep the low areas with the soil that couldnt absorb anything, makes great work for us contractors though

#42 11 years ago

i have two that are in restoration mode, no clue where they will go when done. unless i can eliminate a pool table. i feel for kwiki, if i only had 3 i would be kinda not happy

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from robx46:

Every pinhead is constantly out of space. & you probably won't get anybody feeling bad for you that you are overflowing with pins & how that is the only reason you can't keep buying them. This is not a problem. If you own 1 pin, consider yourself more fortunate than most. I swear some ppl are more obsessed about tracking down their next pin before they even appreciate the one they just got. When that happens, you might have a problem!

Well said. I just picked up my six pin yesterday and on the long drive home I spent a lot of time thinking about my seventh.

I really should be thankful that I'm even able to have one. But that's how we are. We often lose sight of how lucky we are to even be able to have one.

Edit: Except for the part where you said I might have a problem. I refuse to admit I might have a problem.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

unless i can eliminate a pool table

How often do you play the billiards table? I commented on yahoo the other day that they are the biggest waste of space ever and to buy some pins!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

i have two that are in restoration mode, no clue where they will go when done. unless i can eliminate a pool table

I had to choose between a pool table and two pins in my living room or 12 pins. I guess we all know how that turned out!

#46 11 years ago

sometimes you just gotta sell some to bring new ones in. We eventually all run out of room (unless we have a giant warehouse in our backyard). If I could only be so lucky

#47 11 years ago

no basements in Cali due to earthquakes. Grew up there. Nice problem to have kwiki. I have room for 3 pins and been stuck with just one pin for 4 years because finacially cant afford more at this time. Iam thankful and lucky to have one pin, but thankfully its my favorite from when I was a teen in the 80's.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I had to choose between a pool table and two pins in my living room or 12 pins. I guess we all know how that turned out!

Once that got filled up, I moved into the back bedroom and now the master is a pinball workshop with an attached bathroom. (There's one in the garage,too- a pin, not a bathroom)

Now kwiKi saw all this when he was up here, so lets give the young man a break!

#49 11 years ago

There is always room for one more.... always

#50 11 years ago

Kwiki, somehow I think you will come up with a way to squeeze in "just one more". I remember when 4 was my absolute max. Now I have 7 and think I have figured out how to fit # 8 and 9 in. Good luck!

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-sucks-im-out-of-room and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.