46%

(96 votes)

#1 3 years ago

This or That:

LOTR (standard) or White Water plus 1000 clams

#2 3 years ago

WW all day...even without the monies

#3 3 years ago

It’s a personal decision. Which game do you like playing more? I sold Whitewater because I didn’t like the audio quality (for $2500!). But it’s a better layout than LOTR, which I kept. Either one would be easy to sell if you change your mind.

#4 3 years ago

Buying or selling?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Buying or selling?

Trading - maybe

#6 3 years ago

Any more details, such as what you may trade, or the like? Kinda like saying"apple, or orange + 1k"

#7 3 years ago

Really it is like walking up to a random stranger on the street and saying"red or blue +1k"

#8 3 years ago

It works for Zach and Greg

#9 3 years ago

I own both and love them for their own attributes. The original concept vs the licensed title. If I had a gun to my head than WH2O would have to go because I still haven't been to Valinor.

#10 3 years ago

Are you selling these or looking to buy one of them?

#11 3 years ago

Similar condition?

#12 3 years ago

I'm trying to eliminate as many variables in order to get a survey based solely on game play:
- same condition
- all original, no mods, LEDs, subs, etc.
- same cash value, hence why I added $1K to WH20 based on the Pinside market averages
- considering a trade of one for the other

#13 3 years ago

Holy smokes, this is as bad, as trying to talk to a tree stump...

#14 3 years ago

I'm gonna call Carvana tomorrow, and when a salesman answers, I am just gonna say " Ford or Chevrolet +1k I'm thinking about trading....maybe"

#15 3 years ago

When the salesperson asks me for more details I am just going to say"I am trying to eliminate as many variables as possible"

#16 3 years ago

I will bet, the salesperson will eliminate the phone connection, in 1 nano second!

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

When the salesperson asks me for more details I am just going to say"I am trying to eliminate as many variables as possible"

Jesus fucking christ, which pinball machine do you prefer? Question asked 1000 times a day on this site...how is this confusing/grinding your gears this much?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I'm gonna call Carvana tomorrow, and when a salesman answers, I am just gonna say " Ford or Chevrolet +1k I'm thinking about trading....maybe"

Quoted from elcolonel:

Holy smokes, this is as bad, as trying to talk to a tree stump...

Quoted from elcolonel:

This is a website dedicated to talking about pinball... you would think after being a member for 5 years elcolonel could figure this out....

#19 3 years ago

If the Lord is super clean HUO I'd take it. If it's routed I'd take the WH2O plus cash.

Both pins are very good, so condition factors in for me.

#20 3 years ago

Lol, I achieved the desired result.

#22 3 years ago

I had exactly this trade. Gave up Whitewater plus 1,000 or 1,500. Super happy with LOTR. I hated the VUKs in Whitewater, they slowed the game down too much.

#23 3 years ago

I’m surprised, WH20 is in the lead. I thought it would be a certain win for LOTR. Is it the extra $1K that’s influencing the results I wonder?

#24 3 years ago

Gosh, that's tough. White Water and LotR are basically my two most favorite pins. With White Water being more expensive I think I'd lean more towards LotR, as it certainly has more to do than WH2O, but then again WH2O has a better playfield design and sound package IMHO... But only slightly better.

If you want to go on a journey, consider LotR. If you just want pure fun, consider WH2O.

#25 3 years ago

Tough choice--but at least you can't make a mistake either way--condition being equal.

#26 3 years ago

I’ve owned both, and while I love Wh20, I’d rather have LOTR for the long term.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s a personal decision. Which game do you like playing more? I sold Whitewater because I didn’t like the audio quality (for $2500!). But it’s a better layout than LOTR, which I kept. Either one would be easy to sell if you change your mind.

You should hear the remastered audio with a pinsound. It's amazing!

#28 3 years ago

Personally I would choose wh2o all day. I know that LOTR is a popular game but I have never really got into it for some reason, not sure why to be honest.

#29 3 years ago

Two very different machines made by two different manufacturers with two different layouts.
Both sound packages are pretty bad - so that's a tie
Both command "about" the same money - so that's a tie.
LOTR is considered one of the hardest pins ever made - I've played almost two hour games and after 6 years of owning still haven't reached Valinor. White water is easily beaten. (Doesn't make it any less fun)
LOTR has the option for a shaker that is code based not switch activated - Chalk one up for LOTR

LOTR can be a REALLY long game while White Water is a quick game in comparison.

I think that you should consider your current collection, how many fan layouts, how many quick game types VS long time games.

Variety is what makes a pin collection more enjoyable long term

#30 3 years ago

Wow, I don’t know how anyone can say the sound package for LOTR is bad. The music and callouts are awesome. Whitestar audio quality isn’t great, but John Rhys Davies did a fantastic job.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wow, I don’t know how anyone can say the sound package for LOTR is bad.....

The repetitive call outs and that damn hammer/anvil sound or whateve it is, is annoying for me.

#32 3 years ago

LoTR’s by a country mile. One of if not sterns best and firmly one of the top games ever made.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Two very different machines made by two different manufacturers with two different layouts.
Both sound packages are pretty bad - so that's a tie
Both command "about" the same money - so that's a tie.
LOTR is considered one of the hardest pins ever made - I've played almost two hour games and after 6 years of owning still haven't reached Valinor. White water is easily beaten. (Doesn't make it any less fun)
LOTR has the option for a shaker that is code based not switch activated - Chalk one up for LOTR
LOTR can be a REALLY long game while White Water is a quick game in comparison.
I think that you should consider your current collection, how many fan layouts, how many quick game types VS long time games.
Variety is what makes a pin collection more enjoyable long term

Well I really like the wh2o sound package, no problems there imo. Cant even remember lotr sound though so probably really generic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 39.50
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-or-that-lotr-or-wh20-1k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.