“BM66 cat woman vs. IMDN premium”

• Batman 66 cat woman edition 22 votes
    40%
  • Iron Maiden premium 33 votes
    60%

(55 votes)

This poll has been closed.

#1 1 year ago

This or that? Batman 66 cat woman edition or IMDN premium.

I prefer the Batman theme, but Iron Maiden seems to have great rules and I like 4 flippers. However, BM66 seems to have come a long way with code.

Go.

#2 1 year ago

I own both (only pro on IMDN) and love both. Batman is so deep though and some of the best theme integration other than maybe Hobbit. IMDN shoots faster/smoother and has some great code as well, but I’d take BM66 all day and maybe pick up IMDN later. I do wish I would’ve gone prem/LE on IMDN, but the pro is still great for the price. Tough choice for sure, but Batman wins on theme/nostalgia.

#3 1 year ago

I own a prem imdn. not even close! fan layout on BM is simple and gets old. code is deeper, sure, but I dare you to beat imdn; its nearly impossible. I will not likely get to run to the hills on my own machine. plus, the art on imdn is waay better.

however, if you need a more kid friendly game, perhaps bm is the choice. with full liberty, imdn seems like the clear winner here.

#4 1 year ago

I’m looking at BM66

#5 1 year ago

Maiden. Much better layout.

#6 1 year ago

I did a topic about the same 2 games about month ago and I picked Batman66. I am very happy with my decision.

Plus it helps that they have a Iron Maiden pro where I work.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

This or that? Batman 66 cat woman edition or IMDN premium.
I prefer the Batman theme, but Iron Maiden seems to have great rules and I like 4 flippers. However, BM66 seems to have come a long way with code.
Go.

Very nice collection you have there!

Play both and see which game suits you and your family better.

If you do not like the IMDN music get a BM66. We had a MET Prem for a few years. We did our best to love the game but the music always turned us off playing it. Nothing against Met fans. BM66 is definitely a lot more fun. There is just as much code in both games. Both games can be long ball times.

Remember there is no wrong decision in pinball, just fun ones.

Good luck with your decision.

#8 1 year ago

Iron Maiden super fun game amazing layout and a great rule set.

#9 1 year ago

Both are good games. I’m partial to Batman because it was a dream theme to me. My LE isn’t leaving my game room until I’m gone.

Go with the theme that excites you the most. If that’s 50/50, go with Batman. It has the best theme integration to date in the LCD era because the wealth of IP assets it has.

(Just curious - why the CW version over a regular Premium?)

#10 1 year ago

Maiden would be my choice. If I for some reason went BM66, I'd go with the original--the new art is lame and lazy, it should have been a lot better.

#11 1 year ago

I have both in the LE. I’m not a Maiden fan, but the pin is one of the best shooters ever for me.

I love the theme of BM66, but it’s not nearly as smooth as Maiden.

I bought BM66 because of theme, and I waited on Maiden because of theme. Once I played Maiden I new I had to have one.

BM66 won’t leave because of theme and overall code with all three seasons of the show. IMDN won’t leave because of playability.

If I had to choose, IMDN playability would win.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Both are good games. I’m partial to Batman because it was a dream theme to me. My LE isn’t leaving my game room until I’m gone.
Go with the theme that excites you the most. If that’s 50/50, go with Batman. It has the best theme integration to date in the LCD era because the wealth of IP assets it has.
(Just curious - why the CW version over a regular Premium?)

Only reason to go with CW is it’s available NIB. I don’t think there is inventory available for BM66 prem but I may be wrong.

#13 1 year ago

I have a bm66 and had a Iron Maiden. maiden was fun to shoot but it got old to me. every game felt the same. every mode felt the same. great first game for elwin. but it kinda ran every shot into the ground. bm66 offers lots of variety. has deeper code if u want to go that route, has better theme intergration, toys, call out and everything else for me. Tons of different multiballs, mini wizard modes and strategy.

Maiden left my house after about 6 months

#15 1 year ago

Neither, both are not worth the cost. There are lots of older games that are better, and cost much less.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Only reason to go with CW is it’s available NIB. I don’t think there is inventory available for BM66 prem but I may be wrong.

There are still regular Premiums around.

#17 1 year ago

Thanks to all for the comments. I’m still torn, but was leaning IMDN and am now leaning BM or waiting to see what’s next.

I’m going to close the poll now. Thanks to the one person who down voted my post... really?

Andrew

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m going to close the poll now.

There is no poll. Add one.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

There is no poll. Add one.

There was. I closed it. 55 votes, 60% IMDN and 40% BM at the time I closed it.

#20 1 year ago

Everyone doesn't want to post comments as you can see by how many votes you had received. If there is no poll to collect many opinions as possible, not sure what you will gain by manually counting many less votes manually reading the comments.

Are you planning on buying one or the other?

#21 1 year ago

I enjoy both games, but the Batman theme and look does more for me, so I vote Batman

#22 1 year ago

If you have time for a half-day trip, they have IMDN at vuk in Bethesda and BM66 at Mom’s in college park.

Of course, a lot more games in both locations and great food and drink at or near both too.

I won’t offer an opinion bc of very limited time on each of them, except to say that my time on IMDN was limited by me due to the music — but that’s just a matter of taste and not a judgment.

#23 1 year ago

What, no poll? IMDN is the better game in my opinion.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What, no poll? IMDN is the better game in my opinion.

That only because you know NOTHING about pinball!
(Lol. Kidding, Who-Dey)
I love Maiden but I’ve recently found the magic that Lyman infused into BM66.
You should get one!

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Everyone doesn't want to post comments as you can see by how many votes you had received. If there is no poll to collect many opinions as possible, not sure what you will gain by manually counting many less votes manually reading the comments.
Are you planning on buying one or the other?

I closed the vote because the thread had run its course and I got the feedback I was looking for. Yes, I was trying to decide between the two for purchase.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

That only because you know NOTHING about pinball!
(Lol. Kidding, Who-Dey)
I love Maiden but I’ve recently found the magic that Lyman infused into BM66.
You should get one!

I cant argue too much with you on that lol. Ive tried to love BM66 but i just don't. Its truly a dream theme for me. I hate the turntable toy and not a fan of the crane either. I would like to play one in someones home where i can hear the game good and concentrate more on what im doing. I know people are now praising this game like TWD

#27 1 year ago

fwiw, I couldn’t decide between the two, as they are such different pins, so... I bought both

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

fwiw, I couldn’t decide between the two, as they are such different pins, so... I bought both

This answer is SO Pinside, it hurts. Awesome. Congrats!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 26.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside