Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Joey_N
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (2) (resized).jpg
    filmgranhero (resized).jpg
    rock-gardens-07 (resized).jpg
    bryan kelly (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3535 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3537 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3538 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3539 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3540 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3542 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3543 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3545 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3547 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3551 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3554 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

This may be the last pinball restoration I do. I've done over 100 of them and it's been more and more like work lately than fun. And at 250 to 275 pounds, they're not so easy to move around anymore and I'm not getting any younger. Maybe it's fitting this one is for me. It's a favorite.

IMG_3535 (resized).jpgIMG_3535 (resized).jpgIMG_3537 (resized).jpgIMG_3537 (resized).jpgIMG_3538 (resized).jpgIMG_3538 (resized).jpgIMG_3539 (resized).jpgIMG_3539 (resized).jpgIMG_3540 (resized).jpgIMG_3540 (resized).jpgIMG_3542 (resized).jpgIMG_3542 (resized).jpgIMG_3543 (resized).jpgIMG_3543 (resized).jpgIMG_3545 (resized).jpgIMG_3545 (resized).jpgIMG_3547 (resized).jpgIMG_3547 (resized).jpgIMG_3551 (resized).jpgIMG_3551 (resized).jpgIMG_3554 (resized).jpgIMG_3554 (resized).jpg
    #15 5 years ago
    Quoted from michaelgeib:

Agree with posters above ... huge contributor and one of the nicest and most generous guys in the hobby!
    Keep the pin footies going !
    Mike

I'm on it!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #17 5 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I hope not but if so I could not blame you.
    From what I can see compared to the earlier days of doing this. Things are much more complicated these day with all extras that are expected as well as more instant gratification driven.
    If you want to revisit it anytime you know there is a room for you down here in NC

I know you don't like the cold, Chris, and I've been trying to get you here for years, but the house next door just went up for sale. Large garage with room for out buildings in the back. I could set up an appointment for you.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Gimme your tools!

Tools....parts.....you name it. Not sure what I'm gong to do with everything.

I know you would give them a good home, Jay.

#30 5 years ago

I love you, Doug.....in a manly sort of way.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

seriously though, thanks for everything that you've provided over the years and I hope this isn't truly the end. there's probably still one or two good tips left rolling around in that noggin of yours

It's not like I'm f'ing dead. I just want everyone to get off my lawn.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

First Mccune, now Mr. Kelly such a loss to all in our community. Your work and documentation is priceless. Thank you for all that you have done and shown all of us amateurs. Hopefully its not the end but a break.
    Harley D.

Thank you, but there were people doing this before Jim and I and there will be people doing it after. There are some really good restoration threads currently on Pinside and there are also some really bad ones. Sadly, some people can't tell the difference.

I don't think there is ever one single reason why someone quits doing what they're doing. For me, it was a combination of things and that combination of things just didn't make it fun anymore.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm still here. If anyone is looking for advice, feel free to PM me and I'll help if I can.

#51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Bryan, did the restoration video footage from years ago ever go anywhere? Do you think it will ever be released?

I still have all the clips that were recorded but I doubt anything will ever happen with them. More than one has looked at them thinking they'd like to do something with them, but nothing ever happens. I think most agree, it's just too much work.

Chris, the guy who did the original recording, put this together a few years ago. It's a tiny bit of what we covered. I think he told me this alone took him 4 - 5 hours to put together.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

how old is that video? bryan, you look so much younger that I was surprised that it wasn't a b/w video tutorial

I heard that, asshole!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-may-be-my-last-restoration?tu=bryan_kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.