Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I realized today that I have spent considerably more time recently on Pinside reading about pinball than I have actually spent playing pinball. Time to shut off the computer and get back to basics!

#2 11 years ago

Happens to me every day. There was a poll on here about that once and believe me you are not alone!!!

#3 11 years ago

It's cool. I have longed believed the most pinsiders prefer discussing on pinside, and then modding well over actually playing.

Flame suit on bitches!

#4 11 years ago

Yes it is funny if you want to spin it that way. I have found that learning how to properly care for and fix my machine from people that know best gives me just as much(if not more) pleasure. Vid's flipper rebuild thread. Old threads about LOTR when I just purchased it. The satisfaction of having my flippers rebuilt myself lasted longer than when I got my last high score. I have a friend that has trashed boards and he's going to give me some to practice soldering. I believe I have a blown transistor which is locking my pop flashers. I will not fix that myself since I need someone with experience to find the proper transistor and solder the board. I just know that when I can fix something like that on my own, I'll plunge a ball into the bumpers watch em flash smile and turn the machine off so I don't dirty up the playfield lol.

#5 11 years ago

Sorry, what?
    I didn't hear that. I was playing pinball.

(Actually, you might have a point.)

#6 11 years ago

I explain this easily...I'm at work more than at home. And when I am at home, I've been working on pins to get them playable. One down.... two to go.

#7 11 years ago

I find talking about pinball, repairing, buying, selling, are all more interesting than actually playing pinball.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I find talking about pinball, repairing, buying, selling, are all more interesting than actually playing pinball.

I kinda agree here, not necessarily more interesting but I definitely spend more time and enjoy them both. If I was as good of a player than I was repair/resto guy than I might enjoy it more. Lol!

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's cool. I have longed believed the most pinsiders prefer discussing on pinside, and then modding well over actually playing.

I do

#10 11 years ago

I too am finding myself constantly on pinside seeing what eeveryone is restoring/fixing/modding or simply talking about.
    The amount of creativity within this group is amazing.
    Let's keep it up!

#11 11 years ago

I am guilty as charged.
    Looking at games that I can't afford and don't have space for, but enjoy looking anyway.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Flame suit on bitches!

Really? You find that amusing? I think it's sad. Pinball is a game. The game should be the primary focus of anyone in the hobby.

#13 11 years ago

I'm fit neither bill. I spend more time fixing the f*****g things than anything else. Does anyone have secret dreams of posting "I'm done with this crap, everything for sale"?

Today was not a good day...

#14 11 years ago

I like the hunt....the find.....the fix.....the Trade/Sale.

I like learning how to fix'em. I like wasting time talking about "price checks" and "pin vs pin".

And it might just be the least time of all but I do enjoy playing them.

#15 11 years ago

I come on here every day. I play my pins at least once a week minimum.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I like the hunt....the find.....the fix.....the Trade/Sale.

I like learning how to fix'em. I like wasting time talking about "price checks" and "pin vs pin".

And it might just be the least time of all but I do enjoy playing them.

I feel the same way.

If I get to play my pins every week or two I am a happy camper. Sometimes I just get so involved working on a project pin all day that I never turn the one's on that do work 100% and play them.

Ken

#17 11 years ago

I only have 1 pin at my house and spend 40 hours per week at work in front of a computer. I am paid to be tied to a phone or waiting for projects to do. In the down time, I might as well learn more about pinball mods, repairs, and see info/pics for machines I have never seen in person. I do play my pin at home regularly. I have put in over an hour of gametime today and "fixed" a problem on it the other day with knowledge I gained from Pinside. So yeah, I spend more time here than actually playing. But I dont get paid to play pins so thats how it will be. (Where can I find a job like that?)

#18 11 years ago

you know blondetall I have a feeling that 1 game may turn into more someday
    -just a hunch

#19 11 years ago

I play pinball every day.

When not playing pinball I am watching PAPA videos, reading rule sheets, checking pinside & trying to figure out what to buy next.

I do spend too much time here though

#20 11 years ago

I love to play. I spend about equal time here though since my lady would probably kill me if i spent all day playing. I play every night after work and everyone goes to sleep. Probably play about 30 games a night. I'd rather be playing than be on here but at work its nice to comb through the threads while i eat, or if i really just dont feel like working and have no pressing issues to solve at work. I love to fix also. Recently i tore down my HS2, so its to be exspected to have an issue after rebuild. Not really much, just a tweak here and there, though today i noticed my ramp to the ball lock hanging up so i just had to spend the 2 hours taking the wireforms off and super charger to get to the root of the problem. All in all, i enjoy playing more than anything, fixing problems next, and filling what little free time i have here last. I mostly hang in the tech forum though.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

you know blondetall I have a feeling that 1 game may turn into more someday
    -just a hunch

I am working on it. Lol. I talked my parents into buying the TAF I wanted so I can visit it, and everything else is on hold right now awaiting my Predator. .

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Atomicboy said:

Flame suit on bitches!

Really? You find that amusing? I think it's sad. Pinball is a game. The game should be the primary focus of anyone in the hobby.

Hey, not me. I play about 2 hours per day, and more on weekends. I only go online when I'm forced to watch my wifes crap on TV, or when I need a break at work, of if I have a problem.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-just-isnt-right and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.