Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141225_184013.jpg
#1 9 years ago

On ball one, I get Flynn, Gem, Clu, Zuse, Quorra, TRON, and light cycle solidly lit, with the recognizer down. My best ball 1 ever. On ball 2, I get Gem to start again, and I pound away at the disc until I just need 2 more to go, and I lose the ball on a bad dribble out of the pops to the left outlane. On ball 3, I get a left ramp/Quorra/right ramp, right loop, right ramp, right loop, End of Line jackpot with double scoring going, and then I tag the disc once more.

One more disc hit to go, and one of my best chances of reaching Portal without needing Sea of Simulation. The ball is shot from the left flipper, hits the post to the left of the disc, caroms to the right one, and then heads screaming back down aiming STDM. I give the game a shove like Sharpe playing Congo, and save the ball, taking a warning.

My next shot also caroms off a post, hits the slingshot and then skips off the top of the right slingshot, makes a hop on the inlane metal divider and then mocks me as it slips down the right outlane. My death save tilts out. The game ends.

My next game, I couldn't hit Gem to save my life.

This is why it will never leave my collection.

#2 9 years ago

Well put, and well said. Bummer about having to kiss the 100mil SOS bunus goodbye (50mil + double scoring). That alone woulda been strong braging rights. Tilted away a decent double scoring bonus too from all the Gem shots but I get why you had to try to make the save! Tron is a very well balanced game IMO. You did complete the ultimate Quorra 7-combo though or whatever its called. Nice

#4 9 years ago

If you hate a game you own and can't find it in yourself to part with it. That's how you know it's a good game.

#5 9 years ago

Pinball has that, "Just one more game, I know I can beat it". A great designed game has that all the time. Great report.

#6 9 years ago

Yep I have been there and yet the game stays. I must have a "Tron" sickness.

#7 9 years ago

Tron dominates the crying sub forum. Rightfully so, the game gets you up just to beat you down.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#9 9 years ago

Yeah, I found out Tron sucked so bad that I decided to keep it. Two fresh coats of wax makes it really suck.

#10 9 years ago

I can't believe it was only three and a half years ago that I made this bonehead move.

Me: Hey Honey.... Stern is releasing Tron as their next title. It looks cool and even has Daft Punk on it!

Wife: You should buy one.

Me: (Trying to be be "the nice guy") Nah.... I have enough machines.

Wife: OK... but if you want it, you better get it now before it sells out.

Me: Nah.... It won't sell out.

Occasionally, I wake up in a cold sweat at 2AM hearing those words.

#11 9 years ago

been there, done that. just got sea of simulation started and failed miserably. only reason to want to play something is this exact nonsense..... its like acdc draining every time when it comes out of the pop bumpers!!!!! 20 expletives later i am hitting the start button again???? d'oh

#12 9 years ago

Keep chasing the dragon.....

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I can't believe it was only three and a half years ago that I made this bonehead move.
Me: Hey Honey.... Stern is releasing Tron as their next title. It looks cool and even has Daft Punk on it!
Wife: You should buy one.
Me: (Trying to be be "the nice guy") Nah.... I have enough machines.
Wife: OK... but if you want it, you better get it now before it sells out.
Me: Nah.... It won't sell out.
Occasionally, I wake up in a cold sweat at 2AM hearing those words.

LMAO - this is the exact same conversation my wife and I had before we bought one of the last of the first run games NIB; except after the wife says "you should buy one" there was a long pause so that I had time to digest that it was her suggestion!

#14 9 years ago

You misspelled awesome....

#15 9 years ago

hah. great recap. this is exactly why i love this pin. it's really the epitome of flow and "just one more game". they just moved it out of my local barcade and i miss it a lot!

Quoted from pinballsmith:

If you hate a game you own and can't find it in yourself to part with it. That's how you know it's a good game.

+1

#16 9 years ago

Hey guys if the game sucks THAT bad I can take one off you hands for a cool 2k.

#17 9 years ago

Tron still sucks. Way less than the new titles.

#18 9 years ago

Had STLE and at the time I thought of buying Tron instead but went ahead with NIB STLE. Had the game a few months with a code update and got bored very quickly.
So bought the Tron as it was always at the back of my mind when playing STLE and have not stopped loving it!!!!
The colours, sounds, I love it!! The Gem shot will make you go insane in the membrane! !! 20141225_184013.jpg20141225_184013.jpg

#19 9 years ago

It is amazing to me that I can miss that huge gaping hole that is the disk shot! Hey, I learned a new shot the other day. From a trap on the left, with the Recognizer bank up, you can do a quick backhand, grazing the far left target on the bank and going straight up through the Quorra lane. Works about 50% of the time on my game. Try it!

#20 9 years ago

I feel the same.............. but with IM & BSD

#21 9 years ago

It sucks so bad you need to sell it to me cheap…

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Well put, and well said. Bummer about having to kiss the 100mil SOS bunus goodbye (50mil + double scoring). That alone woulda been strong braging rights. Tilted away a decent double scoring bonus too from all the Gem shots but I get why you had to try to make the save! Tron is a very well balanced game IMO. You did complete the ultimate Quorra 7-combo though or whatever its called. Nice

I've done the straight to Portal with double scoring running for a 100 million SoS bonus only once since owning the machine and it was the best feeling I've ever had playing pinball. Still the favorite machine in my collection.

#23 9 years ago

Haven't done that yet. But I will. I hope. Maybe. MAN I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

#24 9 years ago

I thought I was an ok player... and have been playing the CRAP out of it for 2 years and have yet to finish the damn portal multiball !@#$

never leaving indeed.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Ferrone:

Had STLE and at the time I thought of buying Tron instead but went ahead with NIB STLE. Had the game a few months with a code update and got bored very quickly.
So bought the Tron as it was always at the back of my mind when playing STLE and have not stopped loving it!!!!
The colours, sounds, I love it!! The Gem shot will make you go insane in the membrane! !!

20141225_184013.jpg 239 KB

When's the next comp fella? Would love to put some decent time on this much loved plank and see for myself if they sizzle matches the sausage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-why-tron-sucks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.