(Topic ID: 250888)

This is Why My Wife Threatens to Divorce Me...

By 850mph

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    4242273_0 (resized).jpg
    tenor (resized).png
    IMG_4172 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

... And the Fire Department threatens to issue citation for obstructed access...

Attached Pix is front hallway of my house which leads to kitchen and stairs to top floor.

Gigi, Gottlieb 1963
    Slick Chick, Gottlieb 1963
    World Fair, Gottlieb 1964
    Central Park, Gottlieb 1966

IMG_4172 (resized).JPGIMG_4172 (resized).JPG
    #2 4 years ago

Hopefully there is another way around them to get to the kitchen. . . . or you and the wife are really skinny. Then there should be no problem.

#3 4 years ago

Yeah ... well, I can kind of see why she might be upset.

#4 4 years ago

You will likely have more fun with those pins than your wife depending on how long you have been married.

#5 4 years ago

There must be a better way.

#6 4 years ago

Problem is....

When I was 30, I could move these puppies by myself with a good hand truck.

Up floors, down floors, into basement, across the town to friends place... used to be no problem.

Now, at 50+, its tough to lift even the empty hand truck.

Ugh.

#7 4 years ago

Buy a shed.

#8 4 years ago

Yeah.... Its never been about the COST TO OWN in DOLLARS...

... But the COST TO OWN in MUSCLE FATIGUE.

I may switch to baseball cards.

What do "sane people" collect these days?

#9 4 years ago

Keep your wife happy and sell to me!!

#10 4 years ago

I hear Bernie Babies are coming back!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Keep your wife happy and sell to me!!

You want to buy the wife? Or pinball machines?

#12 4 years ago

My wife threatens to divorce me weekly.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from 850mph:

Problem is....
    When I was 30, I could move these puppies by myself with a good hand truck.
    Up floors, down floors, into basement, across the town to friends place... used to be no problem.
    Now, at 50+, its tough to lift even the empty hand truck.
    Ugh.

LOL,
    Dude, when you get to your 60's it does not get easier . After moving Hobbit and JJP POTC, I thought my EM is a piece of cake.
    I am now factoring moving games into my buy/sell decisions. My advice "out of site out of mind". Get them outta there and only buy one at a time. Be safe.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

You want to buy the wife? Or pinball machines?

LOL

#15 4 years ago

She's bluffing!

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

She's bluffing!

Says the person who owns one pin.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from 850mph:

Yeah.... Its never been about the COST TO OWN in DOLLARS...
    ... But the COST TO OWN in MUSCLE FATIGUE.
    I may switch to baseball cards.
    What do "sane people" collect these days?

Most of my decisions on pin buying nowadays come down to the physical labor involved. No stairs, no excessive driving, how many friends available to help me, etc.

#18 4 years ago

One word; Escalara, especially if you have to go up and down stairs. I'm lucky in that I don't have to contend with stairs anymore but at my previous house I did. Every time I had to move a game I swore that I'd break down and buy one.

Nice batch of games too!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Most of my decisions on pin buying nowadays come down to the physical labor involved. No stairs, no excessive driving, how many friends available to help me, etc.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
    #20 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjsbowl:

Says the person who owns one pin.

OOOooooo you got me there!

#21 4 years ago

Why aren’t they set up and being played?

#22 4 years ago

Yeah, thinking the same thing. She is mad because they are folded and not set up.

#23 4 years ago

Well, if he does not post on pinside in 24 hours! Someone should go check on him. And look inside that pin!

You should her and bring her something she loves.

#24 4 years ago

Well, LIFE happens, at least it did to me...

Started buying pins in 1995 after visiting Kevin Mchugh's basement-- (Classic Pinball, Clifton NJ)

EVERYONE knew Kevin back then... I don't know about now... as Ive been out of the loop for a while.

Life:

In 1999 I had a 3000+ sqft home in Brooklyn with a 1000 sqft basement and 20 Pins, NO wife.

In 2000 the Stock Market Crashes (ouch $!), and pins go into mothballs in NJ for 12 years.

In 2012 I have a 3000+ sqft home with 1000 sqft unfinished basement AND a wife who doesn't like MULTIPLE machines around.

In 2019 I START to refinish basement (excavation, new plumbing new electric.)

And Hopefully:

In 2020 wife will STOP threatening to DIVORCE me when machines get moved to basement.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from 850mph:

Well, LIFE happens, at least it did to me...
    Started buying pins in 1995 after visiting Kevin Mchugh's basement-- (Classic Pinball, Clifton NJ)
    EVERYONE knew Kevin back then... I don't know about now... as Ive been out of the loop for a while.
    Life:
    In 1999 I had a 3000+ sqft home in Brooklyn with a 1000 sqft basement and 20 Pins, NO wife.
    In 2000 the Stock Market Crashes (ouch $!), and pins go into mothballs in NJ for 12 years.
    In 2012 I have a 3000+ sqft home with 1000 sqft unfinished basement AND a wife who doesn't like MULTIPLE machines around.
    In 2019 I START to refinish basement (excavation, new plumbing new electric.)
    And Hopefully:
    In 2020 wife will STOP threatening to DIVORCE me when machines get moved to basement.

Sounds perfect to me.

If you had the pins before wife, then she married you knowing you had them and should except the compromise. She should not expect you to get rid of them.

#26 4 years ago

A women that doesn't let you pursue your passions ain't worth having.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Lol @ Bernie Babies...

4242273_0 (resized).jpg4242273_0 (resized).jpg
    #28 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

A women that doesn't let you pursue your passions ain't worth having.

The passion of storing pinball machines in the hallway?

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from 850mph:

... And the Fire Department threatens to issue citation for obstructed access...
    Attached Pix is front hallway of my house which leads to kitchen and stairs to top floor.
    Gigi, Gottlieb 1963
    Slick Chick, Gottlieb 1963
    World Fair, Gottlieb 1964
    Central Park, Gottlieb 1966[quoted image]

I would be upset too!! They aren't set up to play!!!

#30 4 years ago

If I had floors like that, I’d throw down a soft blanket and slide pins to stairs. Big piece of cardboard on the stairs and ride them down into the basement. Done.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-why-my-wife-threatens-to-divorce-me?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.