Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rommy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

Thank you for being polite. Nothing wrong with having an opinion and I respect that you've expressed yours well. The OP isn't involved as far as I know. I think he just likes pinball and ladies. GRC is indeed gone and you will not have to put up with disrespect, classlessness, or crudeness from them anymore. Sadly there are still plenty of members here who are making up for their absence with name calling and personal attacks. It's a bummer. Peace, man.

You might want to teach your boyfriend a thing or two about politeness. I haven't said a single bad word about GRC (you can check all my posts) and yet he felt the need to tell me to f$&@ myself in his little video rant.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

I had the pleasure of reading some of the messages that pinside mods sent them directly causing them to make that video.

OK, here goes nothing. I am speaking only for myself. Not the moderators, not Robin, not Pinside, just me.

I am the focus of 90% of the hate messages spewed out in that video, and I literally posted one time in one thread. I never sent any messages to anyone in the thread and I had no idea that my posting one time was going to blow up into a huge situation causing people to get banned and me to have a few sleepless nights.

I barely knew who they were before the thread in question (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-info-on-buying-from-grc-gameroom-collectibles-wide-area-repair) and to my knowledge had never posted anything on their threads before or had any interaction with them. I only looked at the thread because it was blowing up at the top of the page that day, and remembered one of the mods asking us to go easy on gameroomguru (GRG) because he was going through some personal stuff, and saw that he was the OP. Once in the thread, I saw that GRG was basically bragging about being rude to people. Direct quote: "We are admittedly & deliberately jerky towards jerky people." I gave an opinion about that

Quoted from NoWhining:

Nothing wrong with having an opinion

, gave a ban warning for personal attacks as per the Pinside community rules, and asked that he continue to interact in a constructive manner. There was no ill-will or spite coming from me. I was at work and checking Pinside on a break, and was attempting to stop a thread from going downhill. Boy did that work out well. I didn't get back to the thread until later that day. And what did I find?

(Here's the thread, I can't use the quote feature on a closed thread so I'm pasting here.)
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-info-on-buying-from-grc-gameroom-collectibles-wide-area-repair#postbox

GRG: "Here's a cookie for your years of experience. Kudos to you for having the guts to identify yourself as the "ban warning sent" sender. Thanks for that. Reported you back to whatever authorities are running this circus. All of this should do well for your political career. Not as a personal attack but rather just as personal opinion, I'd rather be called a "troll" than a "politician." Bye for now. Friday night! Better things to do than this."

By this time another mod had given him a ban vote, so he was "on vacation." If you have a temp ban, you are not allowed to create another screen name, as per the rules that is grounds for a permaban. The only other post you'll see of mine that says "quoted for posterity" shows where he created a new account called YouCantSeeMe with one of their models as the avatar pic. I quoted it to show Robin. I'm a stickler for rules, he broke a big one, and I didn't know what to do so I turned it over to Robin and left the thread.

Funny thing... because GRG created the second obvious account, we did an IP search to prove it was the exact same IP to spam close it. That is the absolute only reason that we discovered NoWhining had the same IP address. It pulled up on the same IP list. Since it was a new account that posted only in the GRG threads and had no other activity, it was ban voted to freeze the account so that Robin could investigate. Had GRG not obviously violated the rules, we never would have looked at her or been suspicious of that account in any way. NoWhining explained to Robin that she is Jim's girlfriend and her account is reopened.

The next week, I woke up to a few PMs alerting me to their weekly video and a link to this thread:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/as-the-pinside-turns
    Specifically this posting from NoWhining: "Here's a funny video that's related to the topic... then there's a bunch of boring stuff about pinball at the end. "

If you don't want to watch the 45 minute video, the highlights are Mike and Jim telling me and my husband to "Go F*** Yourself!!" and flipping me off no less than 4 times and wishing a never-ending yeast infection upon me. They also spread the "Go F*** Yourself" request to Absocountry and Dantebean, and in general said how evil Pinside moderators are. Future videos also take shots at moderators. Comments on this particular video have Jim (jim gee) and ColtonSmith (pinballsmith here on Pinside) giving me the title of "the biggest bigot moderator I've seen to date." Which I guess is some kind of accomplishment since I had no interaction with them previously, asked GRG to play nice once in one thread, caught GRG in the middle of a second illegal account, pended a very suspicious possible third account that was overturned once explained and made total sense, and haven't said a word to any of them on threads, PMs, YouTube comments, etc since.

I basically stayed off Pinside for 2 weeks because it bothered me so much. I didn't see how doing what I thought was the proper chain of command around here could get me so much directed hate and vile. It still bothers me, and honestly pisses me off that they took that much time and effort to try to trash my name across multiple sources while always claiming that they are the victim of evil moderators, particularly myself. I sincerely apologize to NoWhining because if I had honestly known it was her account and not a third account used by them, it wouldn't have been locked. But I don't see how cautionary steps to ensure multiple accounts and asking someone who self proclaims to be "admittedly & deliberately jerky" to follow the rules of the forum deserves all the hatred directed towards me and my husband by herself, her boyfriend, his friend/business partner, and their friends.

#53 10 years ago

Watching that video and then inspecting your username more closely has made me realize I had misread your username this whole time. Sounds MUCH better now. FYI - I recently had to get reading glasses...getting old sucks.

Coming from an old moderator - never let the trolls win. For all of your user base sake never. You have got to realize that trolling happens and anyone can do it. You never know when a nice guy might go off the rails and cross to the dark side. Round here it seems like you have to yank some chains to remain effective and that is bound to ruffle feathers. Everyone on here knows that video was CRAZY and way over the top. Don't doubt it for a second. Sucks that you were targeted, and that is how I would describe it.

#54 10 years ago

Wait a sec, I am told to F-off? Why didn't anyone tell me till now! What video is this. Seeing I can only handle maybe 10 seconds of GRC videos I never knew. Can someone get me a time stamp so i don't have to watch more video than I need to?

#55 10 years ago

Um, Rommy... what did you think my screen name was?

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Um, Rommy... what did you think my screen name was?

Honestly, untill I read his post, I always thought your name was Blonde-tail, not blonde-tall lol.

#57 10 years ago

Just to reiterate, I am a blonde female that is 5'10". I am not a weird species of deer or a chaser of blondes. (That would be my husband.)

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Honestly, untill I read his post, I always thought your name was Blonde-tail, not blonde-tall lol.

I always thought the exact same thing. lol

#59 10 years ago

I know people have called me that before, decently often, but I thought it was an autocorrect thing. I feel like I need to do a public service announcement or something, ha ha. Of course, they did get it correct on the video while cursing my name, so there's that...

#60 10 years ago

You didn't do anything. They saw you as an easy target and they bullied you. They were going to cause some trouble and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, it could have been anyone.

Quoted from blondetall:

I basically stayed off Pinside for 2 weeks because it bothered me so much. I didn't see how doing what I thought was the proper chain of command around here could get me so much directed hate and vile.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I basically stayed off Pinside for 2 weeks because it bothered me so much. I didn't see how doing what I thought was the proper chain of command around here could get me so much directed hate and vile. It still bothers me, and honestly pisses me off that they took that much time and effort to try to trash my name across multiple sources while always claiming that they are the victim of evil moderators, particularly myself. I sincerely apologize to NoWhining because if I had honestly known it was her account and not a third account used by them, it wouldn't have been locked.

I accept your apology and offer mine sincerely. I feel terrible that you were so upset by all that happened. Online forums are a rough place for the kind-hearted and more sensitive of us. It's not easy to stand by and say nothing while your partner, the person you love and share your life with, is getting treated poorly. Even if it's just words on some site. I can only apologize for my actions and if there was anything that I have done that contributed to you being upset by this then I am sorry.

There's no way to stop trolling or hate. All you can do is do your best not add to it (not claiming to be innocent of this at all). As a moderator, you are held to a higher standard and your words/actions carry more weight. Leading by example and rising above the pettiness. Your spouse proudly claiming to have derailed the thread in question made it appear that you were encouraging hate from behind the scenes. Of course now I doubt that was the case at all, just as you now know that I am not a fake account created for nefarious purposes.

We are both regular people who are just as susceptible to flying off the handle. I understand that you don't control what others do. Just as I don't control my fella's response. I was wrongly targeted and he was angry (in a way that I found passionate and funny... I don't expect anyone else to share in my undying adoration of Jim).

Between you and me, there's no hard feelings, I hope.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

Your spouse proudly claiming to have derailed the thread in question made it appear that you were encouraging hate from behind the scenes. Of course now I doubt that was the case at all, just as you now know that I am not a fake account created for nefarious purposes.

Honestly, I don't really think that my husband playing grammar police and joking around in a thread in a possible mild attempt to take some of the heat off me at the time is quite equivalent to your boyfriend's actions of verbally blasting me for a good 15 minutes on a public video that you yourself made sure was posted to Pinside for all to see. I certainly didn't encourage my husband and actually threatened to ban him if he started anything improper, but understand why he felt the need to do so, as you just so succintly said...

Quoted from NoWhining: It's not easy to stand by and say nothing while your partner, the person you love and share your life with, is getting treated poorly. Even if it's just words on some site.

I never claimed innocence. Naivety maybe, blindsided for sure. I am one of the newest and most inexperienced mods here and have made mistakes that I have apologized for and learned from, but this whole situation was just insane in how out of hand it got. I've gotten attacked by and jabbed at consistently by Mike, Jim, pinballsmith, and occasionally even you. I have no idea how quickly the contempt for me grew out of one post to Mike and one botched attempt at blocking a suspicious triplicate account, but if I've somehow deeply offended any of you in some other way that I'm not aware of, feel free to PM me about it.

I'm not going to apologize for attempting to moderate in the best way that I knew how at the time, but I am truly very sorry that it all happened as it did and that you all felt that it was somehow a personal attack, some kind of display of power, or a case of bigotry, as have all been stated in one form or another. I have been trying my best to "lead by example and rise above the pettiness" by not responding in kind this last month to the plethora of insults, and I honestly don't know what else to do about the situation at this point.

#63 10 years ago

I feel bad that you are clearly still so distraught. I hope you feel better soon.

Perhaps a yogurt and a long relaxing bath will help?

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

Perhaps a yogurt and a long relaxing bath will help?

Why yes! You have found the miracle cure!

"Have you been told to go f$&@ yourself, and have had a lifetime of yeast infections wished upon you? Trying NoWhining's patented yogurt and bath treatment."

We should contact Dr Oz about this immediately. I'm sure he'll want to have you on his show.

#65 10 years ago

I feel SOOOO much better. Look at all those dudes who thought the same thing. Is that freudian?

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-why-grc-kicks-ass/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.