Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rommy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Seen this on youtube, Models and Pinball

#2 10 years ago

A bump for GRC

#3 10 years ago

Actually, they don't kick ass. Nothing about them kicks ass. They are lame and that video is lame. Just calling it like I see it.

#4 10 years ago

I will have to disagree with you.

You can't beat a fun game and a good looking girl right!

Those guys are very inspiring they do real nice work.

Mike must have spent an entire day doing the Baby Elephant Walk Jam Video for me at Christmas time. It was definitely one of the coolest things a stranger has ever done for me. As it was only a day or so after I (jokingly) requested via a youtube comment. But dang it brought back memories of a long gone friend and some real good times.

What the heck happened with Jim? My mailbox thing says no longer here? active? Shoutout to MJRM!

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Mike must have spent an entire day doing the Baby Elephant Walk Jam Video for me at Christmas time. It was definitely one of the coolest things a stranger has ever done for me. As it was only a day or so after I (jokingly) requested via a youtube comment. But dang it brought back memories of a long gone friend and some real good times.
    What the heck happened with Jim? My mailbox thing says no longer here? active? Shoutout to MJRM!

I think he got banned for constant hateful comments. He was a total tool bag on the forums.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Actually, they don't kick ass. Nothing about them kicks ass. They are lame and that video is lame. Just calling it like I see it.

Completely agree. While they might do nice work they are total d-bags.

#7 10 years ago

That video was pretty bad - ughhh

#8 10 years ago

models? haha

#9 10 years ago

So what's wrong with pretty girls? And their game restoration is first class!

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Hi, I'm Jim's gf. You can comment on the youtube videos and say hi to him and Mike anytime you like. Neither of them will be back here. Both intentionally earned a lifetime ban from this forum (they went out with a bang, to put it politely). I'm not going to go into details but you might notice that this very nice positive thread was instantly derailed by people who chime in with their negativity, that will give you a clue as to why GRC lost interest in participating in a meaningful way here.

I enjoy using this forum to read about things I find interesting but don't see the need to interact often for the reasons mentioned above. I'll let the GRC team know you thought of them fondly.

#11 10 years ago

Unless you were part of this mess over at RGP, you really can't say anything without coming off as ignorant.

#12 10 years ago

Wait, just so I understand Both Mike and Jim intentionally earned a lifetime ban yet I'm the one who derailed a positive thread with my negativity? How did they earn their lifetime ban? Did they get banned for being excessively positive? Have you ever heard of the pot calling the kettle black?

Brilliant.

Quoted from NoWhining:

Hi, I'm Jim's gf. You can comment on the youtube videos and say hi to him and Mike anytime you like. Neither of them will be back here. Both intentionally earned a lifetime ban from this forum (they went out with a bang, to put it politely). I'm not going to go into details but you might notice that this very nice positive thread was instantly derailed by people who chime in with their negativity, that will give you a clue as to why GRC lost interest in participating in a meaningful way here.

I enjoy using this forum to read about things I find interesting but don't see the need to interact often for the reasons mentioned above. I'll let the GRC team know you thought of them fondly.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

Except for when they asked you to relay a message for the mods from them via a YouTube embed a few weeks ago...
    Do you have a fresh one for us? I need to get through some popcorn I have stashed in the pantry.

#14 10 years ago

I am very sad

I would hope that all involved, parties were punished. It always takes two.

You can tell Jim and Mike love pinball and a lifetime ban seems awful steep.

For what?? getting mad, having to much pride, a hothead, or maybe breaking a kneecap.. I don't know. But if it was just some words, that is silly. I think everyone will lose out. And that means back to RGP or some other site to chat pin.

which while I have always been on RGP since first machine, just isn't the same. Pinside has feel and a pulse that RGP had some 10years ago a busy push for better pin everything.
    Yeah, there were feuds and some nastiness but in the end everyone kissed and made up i think.
    We are all adults right.

I vote to let them back! Please! somebody! anybody! How can we mend this like adults?
    Where do I vote? What do I do??

MY pills i can't find my pills... I am very upset.

Quoted from pinballsmith:Unless you were part of this mess over at RGP, you really can't say anything without coming off as ignorant.

Well my new name is ignorant, as i never noticed.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

Except for when they asked you to relay a message for the mods from them via a YouTube embed a few weeks ago...
    Do you have a fresh one for us? I need to get through some popcorn I have stashed in the pantry.

See now that, I would consider a troll remark. You just ignore.
    BTW kettle corn or salt'n butter.

Yeah commenting on youtube really sucks. Make a vid, post it, but talk in forum like pinside not youtube.

#16 10 years ago

This has been added to the favorites! The brunette is cute....

#17 10 years ago

Even Robin said that this forum is not constitutional by any means. If you say something that the mods don't agree with than you face a penalty.

#18 10 years ago

Their pins might be top notch, but their business model was piss poor. I've never seen anyone reputable have rock fights in a public forum with their customer base. It was never the way to handle anything.
    And the videos and photo shoots? Maybe fun for a day, or If I was a 15 year old boy...but I mean c'mon. It's ignorant to assume that everyone wants that shoved down their throats. It's just pinball.

#19 10 years ago

Ok the GRC team might be a little rough around the edges, but they do keep pinball alive. Taking pinball machines and striping them down to nothing, clean, paint, and polish. Making them better than new. I was blown away how many people on pinside was so negative on Jimmy's EATPM new nude play-field and black glass. That was his machine and he wanted done that way, pretty cool of him to share it on pinside, but not cool that other people was bashing it. I personally hate modded pinball machine but you don't see me bashing other people machines. Everyone has different taste and I do respect that and so should you.

#20 10 years ago

Some of the things they have done or restored have been very impressive, I will say that. Haunted House comes to mind, along with Strange Science and Pharoah.

#21 10 years ago

Their tech tips video are very interesting. Ray seems to know a lot about pinball machines, pretty cool to see him in action.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Yeah, there were feuds and some nastiness but in the end everyone kissed and made up i think.
    We are all adults right.
    I vote to let them back! Please! somebody! anybody! How can we mend this like adults?
    Where do I vote? What do I do??

I support everyone getting along. The love of pinball should overcome. Hug it out!

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

For what?? getting mad, having to much pride, a hothead, or maybe breaking a kneecap.. I don't know. But if it was just some words, that is silly. I think everyone will lose out. And that means back to RGP or some other site to chat pin.

"Just some words."

Just to recap for those of you just joining us, they went on Youtube and posted a video on their company channel, to tell a female on the Pinside mod team, I quote, "I hope you have yeast infections for the rest of your life."

They obviously have no regrets about anything they said, either, the video is still there.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

"Just some words."
    Just to recap for those of you just joining us, they went on Youtube and posted a video on their company channel, to tell a female on the Pinside mod team, I quote, "I hope you have yeast infections for the rest of your life."
    They obviously have no regrets about anything they said, either, the video is still there.

Imagining you watching it over and over while you stuff sad lonely mouthfuls of popcorn in your face.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Their pins might be top notch, but their business model was piss poor. I've never seen anyone reputable have rock fights in a public forum with their customer base. It was never the way to handle anything.
    And the videos and photo shoots? Maybe fun for a day, or If I was a 15 year old boy...but I mean c'mon. It's ignorant to assume that everyone wants that shoved down their throats. It's just pinball.

Well put. And it would not matter whom started it, but he can't learn anything if he is not allowed on here?

#26 10 years ago

I loved it, No matter how they got to modeling with a pinball machine...
    They are all beautiful.........

#27 10 years ago

Pathetic

#28 10 years ago

Wonder what Jim will snap about this week on the so called "podcast". Even on his FB posts he comes off as a complete __________. (talked shit about Predator) Just rename the podcast "Circle Jerk" and be done with it.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

I'm not going to go into details but you might notice that this very nice positive thread was instantly derailed by people who chime in with their negativity, that will give you a clue as to why GRC lost interest in participating in a meaningful way here.

I'll get into some details.

The video was originally posted, and nobody - not a single person - cared. It quickly fell down to the bottom of page two.

When the desired shit-storm wasn't achieved, the OP bumped the thread several hours later to bring it back to the top. My guess is, if someone hadn't commented on it within another several hours, another bump would have ensued.

GRC is an organization that lacks respect, class and grace, regardless of what technical and restoration talents they seem to posses. I'm glad they're gone from here. I just wish their fans would stop posting their propaganda.

#30 10 years ago

Sounds like there was a reason they were putting models by the game...so you would look at the women, not the pin....smoke and mirrors

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

The video was originally posted, and nobody - not a single person - cared. It quickly fell down to the bottom of page two.
    When the desired shit-storm wasn't achieved, the OP bumped the thread several hours later to bring it back to the top. My guess is, if someone hadn't commented on it within another several hours, another bump would have ensued.
    GRC is an organization that lacks respect, class and grace, regardless of what technical and restoration talents they seem to posses. I'm glad they're gone from here. I just wish their fans would stop posting their propaganda.

Exactly. The comments on the video is just a call out for fans to "troll" Pinside. If they HATE Pinside so much and think its worthless, why keep trying to have a presence? I think any GRC thread should be closed post #1. They are not worth the server HD space.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Wonder what Jim will snap about this week on the so called "podcast". Even on his FB posts he comes off as a complete _________. (talked shit about Predator) Just rename the podcast "Circle Jerk" and be done with it.

Do you hope he finds you irritating enough to mention you in a video? Good luck with that. If you read the facebook post, he doesn't talk shit about Predator. He expresses his disappointment in the video of it. It's too dark to see much of the gameplay besides the glowing balls. I agree and still hope that the game turns out as awesome as it could be. He also says that he appreciates that new pins are being built by smaller companies. If you think he is being a ___ then why don't you speak up? You realize that you are talking about a pin group that Jim started, right? If you dislike him so much, why are you there? To lurk and report back on what he does? Cool way to spend your time.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Your damn right I bumped it, only because it fell down to page 3, and yes I would keep bumping it till someone commented on it. I wasn't trying to achieve a shit storm of negative comments, GRC posted this video on Youtube and I thought it was cool, so I posted on here cause I liked the Models with the Pinball Machines. It was positive post with no bashing or negativity. I think Pinside is very cool place and I enjoy it very much.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Thank you for being polite. Nothing wrong with having an opinion and I respect that you've expressed yours well. The OP isn't involved as far as I know. I think he just likes pinball and ladies. GRC is indeed gone and you will not have to put up with disrespect, classlessness, or crudeness from them anymore. Sadly there are still plenty of members here who are making up for their absence with name calling and personal attacks. It's a bummer. Peace, man.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from IntralotTech:

Your damn right I bumped it, only because it fell down to page 3, and yes I would keep bumping it till someone commented on it. I wasn't trying to achieve a shit storm of negative comments, GRC posted this video on Youtube and I thought it was cool, so I posted on here cause I liked the Models with the Pinball Machines. It was positive post with no bashing or negativity. I think Pinside is very cool place and I enjoy it very much.

Model is a strong word. How about ladies that would enjoy $50? So you didn't post video because GRC had a call out to troll Pinside? Come on guy.

Quoted from NoWhining:

Do you hope he finds you irritating enough to mention you in a video? Good luck with that. If you read the facebook post, he doesn't talk shit about Predator. He expresses his disappointment in the video of it. It's too dark to see much of the gameplay besides the glowing balls. I agree and still hope that the game turns out as awesome as it could be. He also says that he appreciates that new pins are being built by smaller companies. If you think he is being a __ then why don't you speak up? You realize that you are talking about a pin group that Jim started, right? If you dislike him so much, why are you there? To lurk and report back on what he does? Cool way to spend your time.

Nah, won't say anything on FB. I enjoy everyone elses posts and like the conversations. Jim will probably go bat shit on FB someday and a lot will leave the group. Just a matter of time.

#36 10 years ago

Those guys in the video seem like total jerks. Their prices seem like "take advantage of newbie" prices. Their self important arrogance is crystal clear. They certainly do not do "High End" restoration unless they are hiding some portfolio of work somewhere. They ruthlessly trashed this forum's members and moderators.

Fair Game ?

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from IntralotTech:

Seen this on youtube, Models and Pinball
    » YouTube video

Holy crap I'd love to roll a ball in her 100 pocket

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Holy crap I'd love to roll a ball in her 100 pocket

Now that funny. I don't care who you are!

Yeah lot of cuties.

Tamoore, while I agree that it lacks class, you see it all the time everyone does it. In tensional or not.
    Most front page threats are all huge commercials. I look at ignore but try not to be negative or derailing.

I will just have to hope that their "pulse/spirit/passion" is not forgotten.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I don't know about the entire organization, but the guy that's usually behind the camera (I assume jim) is always attacking or being negative (or unnecessarily cursing). If you didn't know his history you'd think he hated pinball.

It's a shame Ray is associated with that shop, he seems to be the complete opposite.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Actually, they don't kick ass. Nothing about them kicks ass. They are lame and that video is lame.

+1,000

Quoted from tamoore:

GRC is an organization that lacks respect, class and grace ...

+1,000,000

#41 10 years ago

I am really under impression that Jim is victim of mistakes make by Mike. Jim does not operated camera. That is all Mike. I am not even sure if Jim is really employed or really part of GRC just connected by association.
    I think Jim is an avid collector and a good friend with Mike and Ray. They have a close friendship and i am sure that is one mistake he made, by backing a close friend but also doing it the wrong way.

qweempose WOW and you are a moderator. That is totally off base, even if tamoore is correct. Lacking very lacking..

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

I am really under impression that Jim is victim of mistakes make by Mike. Jim does not operated camera. That is all Mike. I am not even sure if Jim is really employed or really part of GRC just connected by association.
    I think Jim is an avid collector and a good friend with Mike and Ray. They have a close friendship and i am sure that is one mistake he made, by backing a close friend but also doing it the wrong way.
    qweempose WOW and you are a moderator. That is totally off base, even if tamoore is correct. Lacking very lacking..

qweempose just gave evidence and credit to their pinside-related video regarding moderators.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #44 10 years ago

The man is also a mod that should know better than to contribute to hate-related ranting in general.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

qweempose just gave evidence and credit to their pinside-related video regarding moderators.

On the contrary, I never had a problem with them prior to that video. It was the video that caused me to lose all respect for them.

#46 10 years ago

I had the pleasure of reading some of the messages that pinside mods sent them directly causing them to make that video.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

On the contrary, I never had a problem with them prior to that video. It was the video that caused me to lose all respect for them.

Close this thread. It is direct trolling from GRC and the topic title is misleading.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Close this thread. It is direct trolling from GRC and the topic title is misleading.

I agree to have this thread closed. Although, the trolling was from those discharging unneeded additional hate.

#49 10 years ago

If the thread title replaced "kicks" with "sucks" it would have more comedic impact.

#50 10 years ago

how bout a link for the clueless?

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-why-grc-kicks-ass/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.