(Topic ID: 214411)

This is what happens when your guests play too rough.

By PACMAN

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by whthrs166
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

walter.gif
Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 6.00.08 PM (resized).png
super sprint housing (resized).png
IMG_0376 (resized).jpg
IMG_0375 (resized).jpg
IMG_0374 (resized).jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I didn't see it happen, but apparently one of my guests (youth group) used one of the steering wheel to hang off of.

Ugh. I have to get to a place in my brain where these things don't bother me but man its going to be tough.

IMG_0374 (resized).jpgIMG_0374 (resized).jpg

IMG_0375 (resized).jpgIMG_0375 (resized).jpg

IMG_0376 (resized).jpgIMG_0376 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

That sucks! How hard is it to find another part?

#3 6 years ago

I don't know yet, i'm too angry to start looking

Quoted from jhanley:

That sucks! How hard is it to find another part?

#4 6 years ago

The one reservation I have to fixing things up to my standards. . . is knowing others may not have the same respect for those standards.

Hoping you find a replacement easily -- this is why we cannot have nice things.

#5 6 years ago

Frikkin kids are the worst

#6 6 years ago

that sucks. been there. one person has never been invited back to my gameroom for lack of respect to the games in it

#7 6 years ago

Yeah, this "housing" part isn't going to be an easy thing to find. Probably have to wait for someone to part out a sprint game.

super sprint housing (resized).pngsuper sprint housing (resized).png

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Frikkin kids are the worst

aint that the truth. Lots of little shits I tell ya.

#9 6 years ago

Bummer, 3D Printer?

#10 6 years ago

So did a quick search, found NOS and used. Kinda pricey though but luckily they made tons of Super Sprint, Championship Sprint, APB, Badlands and a few other games that use this setup so i should be able to find a decent used one.

#11 6 years ago

Your machines are way to nice to be fucked with by little kids.

#12 6 years ago

LOL, i'd be lying if i said I've never banned people from the arcade. Or rather, stopped inviting them.

There was a guy from the OC pinball league that was like a drunk gorilla with my pinball machines.

Quoted from PinsideTroll:

that sucks. been there. one person has never been invited back to my gameroom for lack of respect to the games in it

#13 6 years ago

Most of the kids are great. These were 12-18 year olds. And besides, that's what these stupid contraptions were made for.

#14 6 years ago

The good news is i had'nt starting restoring this game yet so i'll have to pull it all apart anyway. It will motivate me to get it done.

#15 6 years ago

Tell yourself the plastic was old and brittle and just broke due to age....five the kids the benefit of the doubt. Stuff breaks. Good to see you found a source for replacements...great if you to share your fine collection with others.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

These were 12-18 year olds. And besides, that's what these stupid contraptions were made for.

Most likely did it while leaning back on the steering wheel while enjoying a Tide Pod snorting a condom

Hope you can locate one for a reasonable price.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Tell yourself the plastic was old and brittle and just broke due to age....five the kids the benefit of the doubt. Stuff breaks. Good to see you found a source for replacements...great if you to share your fine collection with others.

I agree..this just happens to old plastic. I've followed a couple of your threads..there is nobody better to fix this than you.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

LOL, i'd be lying if i said I've never banned people from the arcade. Or rather, stopped inviting them.
There was a guy from the OC pinball league that was like a drunk gorilla with my pinball machines.

the thing is, it wasnt a kid who i didn't know. it was someone who had been over numerous times lol

#19 6 years ago

DAMNIT! 4 of them for $50. TWO WEEKS AGO!!!

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 6.00.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-04-10 at 6.00.08 PM (resized).png

#20 6 years ago

How handy are you? Do you have the ability to make a mold of the unbroken part and cast a replacement? If this happens again it might pay for itself.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

don't beat yourself up too badly and re-read that ebay listing again. it was only for one of the 4 for $50

#22 6 years ago

Sounds like a fairly easy part to find for not a lot of money. Consider yourself lucky , could have been a pop can through one of the monitors lol. All kidding aside, i know it sucks but you are a good person for letting young people enjoy what you have. Rare these days and i commend you. Dont let one dumbass ruin it for all the others.

#24 6 years ago

Here is what I do with kids that break things. When its time to fix it they will participate. Taught both my boys how patch a HEAD SIZED hole in the sheet rock that way! You break you fix it!

#25 6 years ago

Was that head size hole from them or you.

#26 6 years ago

walter.gifwalter.gif

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

message the seller, maybe they have more. if not, add the item to watchlist.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Was that head size hole from them or you.

Now Now! I don't beat on the kids! They were horsein around and one brother put the other through the wall. Boys will be boys but when Dad steps in....

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Boys will be boys but when Dad steps in....

Thats when shit gets straightened out baby !!!!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Um, the last line of the ad says "YOU WILL GET ONE OF THE 4 FROM THE PHOTOS". So it was ONE for $50 plus $14 shipping.

That should make you feel a *little* better!

#31 6 years ago

I would rather it be played hard, than sit in a museum behind glass. It’s a bummer, but worth it if not broken maliciously.

#32 6 years ago

We were all kids at one point doing stupid shit. I still wonder how half of the adult population is still alive. Things break. As an adult, I break more things than I want to. The good news is that it's replacable. The fact that you let those kids (these days glued to their consoles, phones, etc) a glimpse to what we did growing up is priceless.

#33 6 years ago

That happened to me too! My teenage son was goofing off with his friend on the stairs and crashed his entire elbow through the drywall. Instead of getting mad I simply emailed him a YouTube link on how to repair drywall.

Long story short, I came home later that day to a mediocre patch job and 2 floors of drywall dust covered furniture and pinball machines. Took hours to clean up!

Quoted from whthrs166:

Here is what I do with kids that break things. When its time to fix it they will participate. Taught both my boys how patch a HEAD SIZED hole in the sheet rock that way! You break you fix it!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

a glimpse to what we did growing up is priceless.

If only we could follow that up with some good old freeway surfing in the back of a pickup truck without an eyebrow raised/public shaming via FB YT and or, jail time.

#35 6 years ago

A bit better, thanks. Same guy bought all 4.

Quoted from RobertWinter:

Um, the last line of the ad says "YOU WILL GET ONE OF THE 4 FROM THE PHOTOS". So it was ONE for $50 plus $14 shipping.
That should make you feel a *little* better!

#36 6 years ago

It happens. It is 20 year old brittle plastic that wasn't designed for adult strength, especially if its that boozed up gorilla type player.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

A bit better, thanks. Same guy bought all 4.

Maybe you can reach out to the Ebay seller to contact the guy that bought them.He may sell you one.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Now Now! I don't beat on the kids! They were horsein around and one brother put the other through the wall. Boys will be boys but when Dad steps in....

Funny story. A buddy of mine and his brother did this in their bedroom as high school teens. They covered the damage with a poster. Amazingly, their dad didn't discover it until MANY years later... the younger brother was in the Navy and my buddy was out of college and engaged.

So when his brother was on Leave, their dad had them over and marched them upstairs to show them the damage and made them fix it.

All three of them had a lot of laughs about it because of how long it went hidden.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Funny story. A buddy of mine and his brother did this in their bedroom as high school teens. They covered the damage with a poster. Amazingly, their dad didn't discover it until MANY years later... the younger brother was in the Navy and my buddy was out of college and engaged.
So when his brother was on Leave, their dad had them over and marched them upstairs to show them the damage and made them fix it.
All three of them had a lot of laughs about it because of how long it went hidden.

LOL That's great! We as kids had mystery damage to mother's couch. Somehow a basket ball sized hole appeared in the end of the couch. Myself and my three sisters did a huddle up and we had no idea how it got there but knew there would be hell to pay if the parents found it. So we moved a small end table over to cover it up knowing it would only prolong the inevitable. To our surprise mom liked the table there and it was years before she found it! The mystery continues to this day but my theory is a friend was riding a skateboard in the house and it was launched causing the damage! We all laugh about it today.

#40 6 years ago

One of the greatest pleasures I have is instilling the proper treatment of the machines in our home arcade to my son (6). Any time we are at a public arcade and I see him being rough on a machine I ask him if that's how we treat our machines and he immediately snaps out of that jungle gym mindset and corrects his actions. An even better feeling is when we are at a birthday party in an arcade and my son whispers to me that "Johnny was hanging on the steering wheel of pole position and he shouldn't be doing that." Makes me proud every time.
Thanks
Blake

#41 6 years ago

Just make the kids watch a short arcade safety video. Not to teach them arcade safety, but to weed out the ones who can't sit still for 5 minutes.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Just make the kids watch a short arcade safety video. Not to teach them arcade safety, but to weed out the ones who can't sit still for 5 minutes.

they would all move onto go noodle. Yes theres something called GO NOODLE.
Thanks
Blake

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

they would all move onto go noodle. Yes theres something called GO NOODLE.
Thanks
Blake

Since I already did it, and didn't know
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=go+noodle

#44 6 years ago

This is why I didn’t procreate.

#45 6 years ago

I just found this part so i put them on Ebay good luck. The listing above was for 1 housing not 4

#46 6 years ago

That's a commonly broken part.

I'd put money that it was already fractured over the years and yesterday was simply the day it released the ghost.

Don't be surprised if the other ones have fracturing too when you take them apart.

Carefully inspect them all before you order, as you will probably need more than one.

#47 6 years ago

I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to 3-D print them.

#48 6 years ago

Sadly I do not have anything to add which will assist in your quest for the part, but I did want to congratulate you on owning such an awesome game. I really loved Super Sprint and hope you get it fixed up.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

This is why I didn’t procreate.

Awkward turtles make weird babies

#50 6 years ago

I thought all they want to do is poke at their cell phones?
Or perhaps they were poking at their cell phone while hanging on steering wheel?

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-what-happens-when-your-guests-play-too-rough/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.