(Topic ID: 140627)

This is what happens if you add super bands to The Shadow

By Circus_Animal

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NnkFMJa.gif
    image.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I just swapped out the standard flipper rubbers for super bands on my Shadow. This is what happened first game:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Finished the Final Battle and beat my best score by almost a billion.

I was hoping the super bands would last longer than standard rubbers, but if they make the game easier I might have to take them back off.

#2 8 years ago

nice
    ! ! !

#3 8 years ago

My shadow has super bands, and it def makes the game much better to me. Though I do prefer standard rubbers on other games. But for the shadow, I feel you need them to hit them steep ramps.

#4 8 years ago

They can make games easier, but can also make them feel "wrong."

The best game I ever played on a Popeye was one with superbands before I owned it.

The best game I ever played on Spider Man was one I was unfamiliar with that had superbands.

That (plus the basic feel) says enough to me that I'll never have any on my games. For that matter, I'm less inclined to play location games with Superbands.

#5 8 years ago

I really didn't notice any difference in terms of making shots. The only thing that seemed a bit different was that they might have been less springy, making it easier to trap the ball and harder to bounce pass. Not sure if I'll keep them yet, but I am sick of swapping out standard rubbers that seem to wear out fast on that machine.

#6 8 years ago

I liked super bands at first. My scores seemed to go up as well but grew to dislike them. Titan rubbers are a nice balance. I'm still trying them out but like them so far.

#7 8 years ago

NnkFMJa.gifNnkFMJa.gif

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-what-happens-if-you-add-super-bands-to-the-shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.