Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xelz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

There's already a Facebook post showing shooter lane wear after a dozen or so plays. Anyone else seeing this?

If it’s anything like other stern games, the coil default power may be way too high. Lower it in settings. Also, Mylar on the ridges would be a good idea until Cliffy makes custom protectors.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:Deleted post

Agreed. That other thread has more posts discussing Munsters than Mando. Any new owner checking out that thread would have to wade through a ton of BS to find anything about owning this pin.

#142 2 years ago

What else needs to be removed to pull out the guide if you want to install a washer there?

2 weeks later
#378 2 years ago

Out of curiosity, how smoothly does this shoot compared to EHOH?

#389 2 years ago

Thanks folks for the shooter insights. I have a Mando prem arriving later this year, have a Deadpool prem, and a GnR LE will arrive... sometime. I have room for a 4th pin, and I'm trying to decide if Mando will be my "flow" pin or if I need the 4th pin to fill that gap in my small collection.

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Has anyone experienced this? LE out of box only about 20 games on it. I think I have a loose wire or a leaf switch that’s too close somewhere. Every time I hit the flippers it activates Beskar primarily the left flipper and the right is every two pushes or every other push it’s inconsistent.
Pounding on the playfield did nothing to activate it. Seems as though it only goes with flippers and pops. Any ideas what to check?

I had something like that happen with my Deadpool NIB. Turned out to be a bad opto switch that had to be replaced. Besides triggering off the flippers, it also triggered when I hit a ball guide. Run a switch test and see which one triggers.

3 weeks later
#824 2 years ago

Sounds like the Child SDTM drops could be easily “fixed” by adding a short ball save timer after the magnet throws the ball and then give a reward if the ball drains with no switch triggered. The harder, actual fix would be programming the magnet to not throw the ball that direction.

Do you get a new attempt at a super skill shot when the ball goes back down the shooter lane like in Deadpool?

1 month later
#1329 2 years ago

Speaking of shakers, how’s the shaker implementation in Mando?

#1502 2 years ago

The fact that JJP grandfathers pre-orders into older prices (at least for direct purchases) may put some competitive pressure on Stern to do the same with their distros.

Mine said he got allocation for the Oct. run back when the machine was announced which, if true, means he got allocated well before any price increase. If I was a distributer, I wouldn't be too happy with Stern if they didn't honor the price when I received allocation and sold pre-orders/deposits to my customers, who would be just as likely to be angry with me as with Stern for a bait-and-switch move like that.

#1504 2 years ago

I don't disagree that it's what Stern did in the past. I'm hoping competition is putting some pressure on Stern to change their practices.

Fortunately my invoice specifies a charge of the remaining balance (original price minus pre-payment) when the machine is ready to ship, so changing the amount I would be charged would void the order and should trigger a refund for the pre-pay amount.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

It puts the distributors in a very bad spot if the prices for the number of games allocated to them by stern for specific production runs can go up. Customers that put down deposits on games will either be pissed off, cancel their orders, or both. Now if they took pre-orders for games beyond what they were allocated then that's on them unless they made it clear that the price wasn't locked in for those orders.

Agreed. According to my distro, he sold units that were allocated to him (at least to me, and he's been upfront about creating a waiting list, took pre-payments after confirming his allocation, and communicated which production run each customer was slotted for). Distros who sold outside of their allocation put themselves in a bad position.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

I’m reading and learning all the things that are needed to take care/clean the machine. For HUO normal to clean/wax after 200 plays?
Also I see a lot of recommendations to change out the stock pinballs to something better. Since the pro doesn’t have magnets, is it safe to use ninja chrome or titan super shiny? Or better practice to just use the carbon steel balls?

I've been waxing after 500 games, and noticed the wax gets a bit thin at that point. That said, I tend to apply a thicker than normal coat and let it cure over multiple days before playing, which may help the wax last longer.

1 week later
#1615 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have been reducing it, not sure what it's down to now, but will check.

Did you try adding non-bounce foam to the mech?

#1632 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I added a thick felt-type square and it seems to help a little, but not on the nice, clean, direct shots that really damn nice until it rolls back at me.

Try this stuff if it fits: https://www.pinballlife.com/target-backing-foam.html

Otherwise, try sorbothane film. Amazon carries it at various thicknesses; the thicker it is the more it will deaden bounce back.

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

so only if you own you can comment. oh ok.
So if i was at Pindudes store and played it a ton i can not like the game.
Then Come and ask the True Owners why they are selling it and why no love only to be bashed by your opinion of me baiting or trolling?
You sir are a Douche / where is that Bill Murry Pic.
What ever man .
i Still ask Why ? Why so many selling .

This is why Pinside's "ignore user" feature is so great

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Excellent Job!
FYI : Disney recently decicided to rename the Slave 1 as Firespray:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/boba-fett-ship-slave-i-new-name/amp/
But it will stay the Slave 1 for most of us.

Nerd warning: Boba Fett’s ship was always a Firespray. Firespray is the name of the ship model, like how Mustang is a car model from Ford. Slave 1 is the name he personally gave his ship.

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

The video quality throughout the whole game is quite poor, all the dark scenes show this up.

That’s weird because when people stream Mando using a direct video feed for the video assets the video quality looks great.

I wonder if the problem is the actual LCD display or how the gamma is calibrated?

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Not true, I have shots going up in the middle that end up in the pops all the time.
Let's face facts, the CHILD area serve a purpose in the game, Grogu is awesome and an integral part of Mando-lore, but how it plays is boring. The fun is in every other area of the game.
What would be ideal is keep the post down on a strong plunge to light a CHILD light (with the option to hold the flipper button on the plunge to keep the post up). Light some others CHILD lights as the ball inevitably ends up there on some orbits. Then have post pop up once CHILD is qualified.

I also wonder if the magnet could be used more often, beyond just for the mystery award. For example, activate it after a pop bumper launches the ball up a CHILD lane, and then Grogu "grabs" the ball and throws it.

It just looks like the magnet is so underutilized and more frequent use could make it more of a feature.

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

There does seem to be a lot of mandos for sale, but Im still anxiously awaiting my premium. I think many just saw how awesome godzilla looks and needed to free up money/space. Luckily I now have new found room having given away my 9 foot pool table so I have mando, godzilla, and maiden coming soon. Whats going on with Mando production anyways? I was a day one premium buyer and still no word. A few weeks ago my distrib said it should be a few weeks.

The second Mando premium run was planned for Oct.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from XStone:

May I ask: Where did you get this information from? Only "rumor"?

From my distributor. I ordered the day that Deadflip hosted the Mando gameplay reveal and was told I’d be in the second Prem production wave planned for Oct.

I asked again last week for confirmation on the timeline and was told that everything is on track as far as he’s heard from Stern.

Some other folks, in this thread or the hype thread, we’re also told about an Oct. Prem wave, so information seems consistent.

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Well I got that neoprene you linked us to but there is still no Mando to stick it on. I just can't understand godzilla shipping before they fulfill Mando orders. Makes no sense unless stern is purposely delaying Mando to hike the price up.

It's not a delay on Mando, though. Stern already ran their first production waves of pro and premiums, and the second premium run was always planned for October after whatever their next reveal was (which we now know is Godzilla).

I knew when I placed my order that I was in the Oct. production run. If your distro didn't let you know what the production schedule was, and what wave you were in, that's on them.

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Noticed they still didn't fix the crappy video quality in some dark scenes. You think they would at least fix the bad image compression in the bonus count screen.

I hate to say it, but the problem might be the hardware. I’ve been living vicariously by watching streams while I wait for my Prem, and all direct-feed video looks great, which means video compression may not be the issue.

Has anyone tried running the video to another monitor to see if it makes a difference?

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Been told end of the month 2 or 3 times. Now there isn't an arrival date. Maybe I should share some blame for not asking for more information. Lesson learned.

Not your fault. Your distro should know better.

The good news is, barring any actual delays, the next run is starting later this month. FWIW, Stern did have some delays due to parts and/or labor constraints last spring, so here’s to hoping that we don’t see a last minute delay to this Oct. run.

#2019 2 years ago

Just had my first opportunity to check this forum today.

Mando #2 on Pinside (for now). Yay!

Dwight answering questions on Pinside. Yay!

Manufacturing delayed. Not yay...

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

So I got to play a Mando Pro at an arcade in Ocean city MD. I was having fun and got a multiball. Then I got a ball saved in the metal tower at the back of the game in the middle. The game then went into ball search. I was told that the Opto was bad and needed to be replaced. The game guy had to remove the glass and free the ball to continue the game. Shame on a new game.

Bad switches happen. My DP arrived with a misfiring opto. No big deal, just grabbed a replacement and installed it in 15min. Sounds like the operator should get on it

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

How old are you? Junior High? NIB should be quality control tested, but I guess that is not what happens. And is allowed to happen! So you experienced NIB owners just live the fact that pinballs need maintenance immediately for something that costs the price of a used car ($8-12,000).
Then I read that the upper playfield is shredding metal that the ball carries around the game stripping the clear off the playfield. And that is just accepted too. Just clean more often?
Unbelievable. Newbie at 67 and been playing since 1972. LoL......

Well, my brand new Jeep Wrangler’s doors leaked during the rain since day one of ownership, and it’s “working as intended” according to Jeep. And I had a new Toyota arrive with scratches on the door. Those vehicles cost quite a bit more than a pinball machine

So, this feels like you may be trolling, but in case you’re a gnome and not a troll, no one has mentioned metal shredding from the upper playfield. Sounds like a bit of hogwash without specifics, as it’s not even clear where that metal would come from.

Other than that, freaking out over a cheap, easy to replace switch is a tad over the top. It’s like finding out you had a bad fuse in a car and replacing it with a good one. These things can operate fine for a few days, including during Q&A, and then suddenly die.

If you want to gripe about NIB standards, it’d be better if the Q&A process included some time to ensure the ball guides are directing balls to where they should. Dialing in shots by bending and aligning guides takes far more time than replacing the occasional bad switch.

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I haven't either. How hard do you think those would be to replace?

Replacing a stop is very simple, though I don't have my Mando yet to know how easy it is to access the upper playfield coils. These stops take a beating and will wear down over time, but some new pins seems to have stops deteriorating faster than than better quality third-party stops. Coil stop quality from manufacturers these days sound almost like flipper rubber and ball quality - you almost want to consider replacing them straight away.

It seems like any pin with coils between the main and upper playfields is going to have this problem if users don't replace the coil stops as soon as they go bad. Any signs of metallic dust under a coil means its time to check the stops.

#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't generalize too much here.
Factory coil stops are fine - the issue was Stern went through a period where they had a batch of complete crap stops and kept using them even though it was known they were failing prematurely. Do not apply that issue as a general rule of thumb.
And as noted earlier, Stern seems to be past that now with at least flipper coil stops. It's possible other coil sizes may still have some bad stock, but that hasn't been noted as an issue in general.
Lastly - coil stops on anything but flippers are going to last longer than most people in this hobby. Even pop-bumper coil stops will go for decades of use without being replaced.
The last thing we need is people now thinking they gotta replace all coil stops in their games before they play them... after they've put on their protectors.. replaced all the rubbers.. and changed all their balls.. and rebuilt their flippers after 50 players.
R-E-L-A-X

Good to hear Stern switched to better stock. My Deadpool Prem NIB stops have been fine after ~900 games with no sign off dust. So far so good on those.

There was definitely a time in that owner forum when people were recommending close inspection and potentially early replacement of the stops. Not that it seemed like a big deal to replace them.

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks a little daunting at first but fairly easy strip down to get to the scoop mounts.
First remove the two red screws located on the top level of the ramp!
[quoted image]
Next go under the playfield and locate the routed hole directly below the ramps exit/optos, every wire for the ramp is fed through the same hole, the optos are marked up on both sides of the connectors however 3 others are not so just mark them up for ease.
[quoted image]
Disconnect what you need to in order to gain enough slack to remove the ramp! I had to disconnect them all to get enough wiggle room to remove ramp.
NOTE there is also a locking nut directly under the ramps entrance flap, move this while your under the playfield (I missed this and it took me a minute or 2 before I realised a nut was holding the ramp down
Took a photo from above the playfield for reference.
[quoted image]
Once the ramps out the way, locate the scoops locking nuts and remove both!
[quoted image]
I placed the smallest and thinnest washer I had under the blue screw hole and refitted everything to test, placed a new piece of cellotape down to double check and no issues with it digging up the tape and it shoots like a dream!
Hope this helps if anyone else has the issue with the right side digging in or scraping.

This should be a key post

#2216 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks dude appreciate that, but I have no idea how to do that
Just happy the two fixes I’ve posted (center ramp exit to left orbit & ambush scoop) have helped people out and worked on multiple games.
I got another incoming although it is less of a fix and more of an aesthetic improvement IMO.

I think a mod has to make it a key post

#2217 2 years ago

FlipnOut mentioned that the October Mando Prem runs were pushed back to December, which jives with other reports. I'm curious, though; has anyone with a 2nd-wave Mando order heard otherwise from their distributor? Did any small productions runs make it out this month?

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im in same boat with my premium. I had asked months in advance for LE but just missed apparantly and was suppossed to be early Premium. And I still dont have it. My godzilla premium will prob come before!

Unfortunately it sounds like Godzilla production is pushed out, too, according the the FlipnOut podcast. Supply chain issues are biting real hard right now.

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere in this thread. Did anyone else order a Stern shooter rod and it looks like a rusty ball with a bad paint job?
[quoted image]

Someone else did a few pages back. I’ve watched both seasons, much of season one twice, and I don’t remember the nob looking that rusty.

1 week later
#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Crazy issue here. Yes reported to stern. No response yet for many days. Disappointed that stern support is unable to respond or help, so here’s to the forum:
I had a dank Ferik multiball and I blew up the machine. Crazy multiball. After multiball, every switch hit scored points and it would not stop. Even flipper buttons scored points.
So I started a new game. Same issue.
So I rebooted. Same issue.
So I reset to default factory settings. Same issue.
So I reinstalled ,98 code. Same issue.
Literally, I launch a new game and just for getting the ball in the shooter lane I’m scoring points. Tap the flipper buttons and I’m on a roll. I put up a score that would put you all to shame, with the glass on, and My first ball never left the shooter lane. Booyah!!
Anyone experience this? Thoughts or fixes?
Yes, I sent vids to stern. I plead for help. This game is so good but it just sucks to have so many issues without any stern help.

As others said, check the switch test. Bang on the playfield to see if vibrations are causing a switch to trigger. If it’s an opto, it might need to be realigned or simply went bad and needs to be replaced.

#2366 2 years ago
Quoted from Rooniedoodle:

Any update on when Stern may release the Topper and optional plunger at all??

I thought they released the plunger already? Looked like some people already posted images of their plungers.

Topper still seems TBD.

#2450 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

As of a few days ago, my distributor confirmed December build of my Premium. Take that with a grain of salt as there have been multiple push backs of the date.

Mine also confirmed December. FlipnOut said December is what Stern communicated out to distributors. Given supply shortages and logistics problems, it wouldn't be surprising to see more delays.

1 week later
#2567 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

U-Turn guide Washer Fix (approx 10 minutes)
So after getting the ramp back together to trial a one way gate I ended up taking it back off last night to write this up for those that need it. Super easy install should take you 10-20 minutes max depending how much disassembly you decide to do of the right ramp.
First things first locate the washer and nut holding the guide in place, while under the playfield also remove the washer and nut holding down the ramp.
[quoted image]
Now drop the playfield down and remove the two screws in the top of the right ramp plastic (ignore the missing screws here, I have removed all the horrible plastic shields and spacers weeks ago)
[quoted image]
Next unscrew the hex post (it is a single post that runs through the middle plastic, now lift the black bottom plastic up as far as it will go, be careful not to lose the washer.
[quoted image]
This next step might vary person to person but if your game has enough play in it you can just push the guide out from underneath enough to slip the washer under and it will pop right back in. I actually found this easier to do with the playfield back in the upright position, as I could push the guide out with one hand and put the washer in place with my other but do what works best for you.
If you don’t have enough play remove the right ramp from the right slingshot post and it will free up the right ramp completely allowing you more access for a little more disassembly.
Put it all back together and BOOM job done, clear coat protected.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Give this man a key post

#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I confirmed the sticker is supposed to be for the coin door. I put it on the machine. Doesn't look great but doesn't look bad. LOL[quoted image]

Looks great IMO!

2 weeks later
#2814 2 years ago

Wow, wonderful incorporation of community feedback into the new code. Great to see how Dwight has been both active on the forums and listening to suggestions.

#2838 2 years ago

Checked with my distributor today. He expects his premiums to begin shipping in ~2wks.

#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i believe mando premium should be on the line this coming week right? Or was it just on the line? I was told to expect it this month....

My distributor was told premiums are shipping in 2 weeks. They should be on the line now if that’s true.

#2977 2 years ago
Quoted from CastawayDonald:

Hi all! I have been reading this forum quite a bit while we waited for our first pinball machine to arrive - a Mando Pro! We got it last week and are really loving it.
Today something strange happened... When the ball goes into the foundry nothing happens - no change in lights, no change in music, no foundry mode or extra ball... nothing - except the ball stays there for quite a while. The ball eventually shoots out after the pin appears to cycle through a series of clicks (solonoids reseting?). Any ideas on what is going on?

Sounds like the machine is going through a ball search? If that's the case, as Jesder mentions, the switch in your scoop probably isn't detecting the ball.

#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

You can change it in the settings, the minimum is 150 but unfortunatelly it's still way too strong.. if we could go to 100, that would be great.

Plus, isn’t that standard in Stern titles? Seems like one of the first things that’s recommended for a NIB Stern is turn the trough power way down.

I don’t recall the minimum setting on my DP, but it did let me go too low, to the point where balls wouldn’t eject into the trough. It took some experimenting and I think ~150-170 is where I landed.

#3051 2 years ago

Any Premium pre-owners with an expected December build date heard if their machines have shipped yet?

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Werent they suppossed to be on the line last week? Or this week coming? Ive been waiting on premium for some time as well

That was the rumor. Hopefully they’ve already been on the line and complete, otherwise shipping this week seems like a stretch.

1 week later
#3135 2 years ago
Quoted from Damick428:

Also in the same boat... have not had any updates from my distributor since early November.

My distributor thought there was a slim chance my premium would ship this week. That obviously didn’t happen. I didn’t want to bug him just before Xmas, but I’ll drop him a line on Monday to see what’s up.

Between the holidays and omicron raging, it wouldn’t be shocking if this run got delayed a couple weeks.

#3140 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Pretty sure Stern has no idea who ordered what. The distributors order machines and usually more than they have actually sold. I was furious back in August when my AIQ Premium didn't ship due to the allotment my distributor got. I found several other distributors online who had it in stock after that build and I was out of luck until the next build.
Stern takes payment when they ship to distributor and they are going to charge the distributor what they charge. It's gonna be up to each distributor to deal with the price increase. My guess is the better your relationship is with the distributor the better you come out

Stern does know, however, that this run was originally scheduled for October. So they know that distributors and their customers weren’t expecting to pay the 2022 price hike.

#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

heh I remember being told anyday now back in like August.

Man, I feel bad for anyone being strung along like that by their distros. They all knew their allocation a few weeks after the reveal, and back them Stern informed them that the second prem run would be in October. So all these distros knew that any customers without allocation in the first run would be waiting until Q4.

It’s disheartening to hear how many customers were told to wait a short while while the sellers knew it was going to be months away.

Once the production delays pushed from Oct to Nov and then to Dec, that’s a different story and not the distro’s fault…

#3150 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkitZero:

Recently purchased a Mandalorian pro for my home...had the machine setup and installed by my local distributor but I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you all can help me with. I should preface these with the fact that I'm a complete pinball newb and this is my first machine so please forgive me if these are dumb or have been answered before.
1. The upper playfield doesn't seem to be registering when shots hit any of the targets. I have 6 technician alerts (1 for each target) all related to checking switch numbers 70-75. Is this something I should be able to fix on my own or should I have the distributor check it out?
2. After playing this for a few days, the razor-crest multi-ball shot started kicking off the bottom part of the left ramp and draining straight down the middle every time. Has anyone else experienced this or do you have any suggested fixes?
3. When I enter a different game mode (2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 1) etc. the game goes through all three balls for player one and then ends without cycling through another player. Is this something in the settings I need to change?
Sorry if these are dumb and thank you for your help. My family loves this game and we've had a ton of fun playing it even though we've only had it a few days.

Regarding #3, I think you have to hit start for each player, i.e. you need to hit start four times if you’re playing 2v2 with 4 players. At least that’s how it worked with older code.

2 weeks later
#3321 2 years ago

Stern’s paper speaker cones are all sorts of bad. My DP even arrived with tears in the woofer. IMHO speaker upgrades (e.g. PinWoofer) are one of the top priority pinball mods.

Unfortunately, put me in the Feb/March premium club. And with omicron forcing employee sick days everywhere I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s another delay.

1 week later
#3448 2 years ago

Just got invoiced and my distributor said some premiums are shipping next Monday. Look forward to finally joining the club

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hi Mando owners. Might be selling my DP on a whim which opens up space + $. Thinking Mando Premium. Can you sell me on it? Haven’t played it, but have watched videos. How is it in small collection? I love Dwight games like GOT and SW, not so much the others. Worth taking the plunge vs a juggernaut game like Godzilla? Open to feedback, thanks in advance.

Well, I don’t have my Mando yet to compare. (Give me a couple weeks!) But Deadpool Prem has been my only home pin for almost 9 months and I never get tired of it, even after 1,000 plays.

It’s got such a variety of shots, some long, some short, some flow, some are tight, and I’m enjoying multiple ways to chase points.

I think what you want to keep depends on what else you have and what variety you’re looking for. Mando is a unique “fan” that’s close to the flippers and, based on comments here and watching streams, is more about good trapping and backhand play. Godzilla is KWE at his finest with lots of flow, long shots, and loops off the third flipper.

I have a JP on order, so as much as I like the look of Godzilla I don’t want that redundancy in my small space. I think between DP, Mando, JP, and GNR there should be good variety there for a while. Something may come along that eventually boots the other three, but DP is bolted to the floor.

#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Just ordered mine too! And for another Title. I got a free Tshirt for spending so much! LOL.

I hope Cliff’s t-shirt says something like “This playfield is protected.” Although that may be more fitting for a jockstrap…

1 week later
#3595 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It looks promising. These kits are made by PU Parts.
Here are the instruction manuals for better understanding of the purpose of these kits:
Pro ramps upgrade kit:
https://pu-parts.com/mediafiles/pdf/pu-mandalorian-ramp-upgrade-kit.pdf
Mandalorian upgrade kit:
https://pu-parts.com/mediafiles/pdf/swtm-pu-upgrade-kit.pdf

Interesting stuff in this kit and I’m considering ordering one. Can someone explain the problems it’s trying to solve? A few of the “fixes” in this kit are for things I don’t recall anyone complaining about in this thread, and I’ve been following it since day 1.

For example, why does the Razorcrest target need an upgrade?

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Honeymoon phase still going strong, forgive the post spam!
Art blades on! Was worried about this one but went really smooth. Hardest part was getting the playfield back in, probably should have waited for my wife to get home to have the extra hands… but you can’t play a disassembled game, can you?
Time for a “glad that’s over” beer!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Those blades look awesome. Now is probably a bad time to tell you they can be installed without removing the playfield…

#3616 2 years ago

I’d have thought Stern would’ve redesigned those ramps and/or the protector by now. That’s a lot of free ramps they’ll be giving away under warranty.

#3630 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Booting Mando Pro with an External Monitor hooked up on the HDMI port.
Not sure if this has been posted before.
I booted up my Mando Pro with an external monitor hooked up to the HDMI port. Its a different video output all together. Its in reverse. Maybe video for a topper?
Since I cant post video here, here is a link to the video on Google Photos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dS4MzQcHEaBfaU3d9
I booted it up, hit the flipper a few times then launched a short game.[quoted image]

Wow, that's definitely designed for a hologram appearance. It's not designed to be reversed, rather it's designed to be upside down (which I guess is the same thing). My guess is that it's intended for a topper that has mirrors to create the hologram illusion. This could be a very sweet topper.

Edit: Typos. Also, that's clearly Moff Gideon voicing "You have something I want."

#3642 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

So this is how my Premium arrived. Any other time I would have sent it right back, but with the wait times nowadays I kept it. Only issues are the right side cabinet, and head decal. JJ at game exchange is sending out both. This is my first and probably only NIB machine. It FN sucks this happened, but I am glad i went with Game exchange Denver for the purchase. I put on my Stern side armor, inside art blades, changed the rubbers out, did a couple of the washers under the ball guides, speaker, and flipper button lights, and played a few games.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, looks like a rancor played soccer with it. My DP arrived with similar damage on the cabinet. I kept it and I’m waiting for a replacement cabinet to do a swap.

#3658 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I should be getting a premium in the next few weeks and excited to join the club! Are the latest runs still seeing the same high shooter lane wear as the early builds? Is turning down trough eject to ~150 enough or is a shooter lane protector a must still?

Unless Stern changed their default trough eject power, odds are the shooter lane wear will occur since it’s been the same on all their machines for a long time. It’s just the nature of firing a hard metal ball at less-hard-than-metal wood.

Turn the trough eject power way down and then test the eject and raise it until balls reliably eject into the shooter lane. That said, your trough will still wear over time regardless. Your best bet to reduce wear is to install cliffys or at least apply Mylar.

#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I would expect that given the designer's history. Stranger Things plays much the same way. Work on your nudging! It goes a long way in wrestling control of the ball once you get a feel for it.

I always lower my trough eject a lot. I guess I was more asking if a protector is still a must have and if so, what the best solution has been found to be.

Technically the full plastic trough protectors give the most protection. But if you don’t want to completely cover up the trough with plastic, then cliffys are your next best option and look great IMO.

Lowering the eject power will greatly reduce/slow playfield damage, but it’ll still show signs of wear over time. Cliffys or Mylar will further reduce/slow that wear.

#3699 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thoughts on using loctite for the screws that hold the left orbit rail in place so it guides to left flipper? Having to readjust it again. Gotta say, of the Sterns i've owned, this one requires the most tinkering and constant adjusting.

Can you shim something in there to hold the screw in place?

#3702 2 years ago

So after hearing my Mando prem was supposedly shipping last week, I was getting a bit anxious having heard nothing. I was about to contact my distro and just received a notification that my machine is shipping.

Yay!

Then I looked at the tracking number and saw it actually shipped two weeks ago and, theoretically, is supposed to arrive today. And I have no arrangements to carry the damn thing up the stairs, lol. Anyway, FedEx has been horrible in my area since late November, so there's a good chance it won't arrive until next week. But I might be stuck staring at the box in my hallway until movers arrive to carry it to the second floor.

#3704 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I turned m

Cut the pallet off of it, lay the pin in the box on the stairs, have a friend come over and the two of you push it up the stairs

Heh, I thought about that. But we just refinished the stairs and my wife would murder me if we did that. I have a stair-climbing hand truck on order, but sadly it's still about a month away from delivery.

#3712 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Do it when she's not home...lol

I like the way you think. Thank goodness she doesn't have a Pinside account.

#3719 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Aren’t you guys afraid that if you put the QR reader in the coin door that it will fry your balls over time?

It won't fry them, but it will take a photo of them.

#playwithyourpantson

#3720 2 years ago

Well, so much for receiving my Mando today. As expected, FedEx's tracking was off. Scheduled to receive mine next Friday.

#3723 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Mine was supposed to get delivered yesterday, but has been stuck in Ohio for the last couple days due to the ice & snow, so it is now supposed to show up on Tuesday. R&L, so I'm hoping for a mostly intact box with as few forklift holes as possible.

Yeah, I heard you guys got some snow back east FedEx here got backlogged by weeks thanks to omicron hitting over the holiday season. Just received a package two weeks ago that's been sitting at the local hub since before Christmas. My Mando apparently stalled on a train that's waiting for the hub to be able to receive it.

#3764 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I will give that a shot.
5 games in zero issues. I had to adjust it a few times but all set now. Going to order one or 2 for spares since I'm sure it didn't like being bent a few times.

Ordering spares sounds like a good idea. Is it a left or right Stern rollover switch?

#3776 2 years ago

Honestly, the scanner doesn’t bother me as much as the obnoxious red instructions around it. Stern should have gone the extra mile to tailor the color scheme to each machine’s color palette.

#3790 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I see that Marcos is already selling an upgraded replacement for that diverter. For those that can't wait for Stern to replace them. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-2392-00 $50.

Dang, and I just ordered something else from Marco and could've added this. Ah well, next time. Thanks for the tip!

#3795 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is insider connected really considerd bigger than a topper that is going to generate revenue for them?

Maybe Stern is announcing a replacement art plastic to put over the IC reader that they'll sell for $200 a pop

#3819 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I was thinking the same thing. I’ll take the diverter out and try to bend it in a little bit. I’ve contacted Cliffy and I think we have a solution for a protector in this area.

In the meantime, it might be good to put Mylar there.

#3827 2 years ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Any idea when this is going to be announced?

The same time that JJP will reveal Toy Story

#3835 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Ughhh..second Titan flipper “rubber” I’ve replaced. Just put them on last month. Maybe I got a bad batch?
[quoted image]

Weird. 700 plays on my Titan's and they barely showed any wear. Your right flipper rubber looks like it's in good shape.

#3846 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Damn...so no cool Mando news?

This is the wait.

#3859 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Clever. Surprised they didn't do that sooner, but I guess the lit shooter knob has only been a thing for a short time now.

Shooter rods have only been lit recently, but the Child gets lit nearly every single game...

#3861 2 years ago

Do not use clamps. Do not truck from this side. This is the way.

IMG-3129 (resized).jpgIMG-3129 (resized).jpg
#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Mando was my first NIB game, I've had it since August with around 3,000 plays on it now. I wish I had put a playfield protector on it right out of the gate. I posted this picture last night but here it is again zoomed and highlighted, look at the circled area. The entire play field is riddled with pits and now it's starting to show signs of planking. It's okay though, Stern says after 20,000 plays or so it will all seem pretty smooth, hardly noticeable.imo installing a playfield protector would definitely be worth the effort and time.
[quoted image]

I’m not sure a protector would mitigate planking. That’s likely due to humidity/temperature fluctuations that caused the wood grain to expand.

#4001 2 years ago

So I finally lugged my Mando up the stairs this past weekend. Had to carry up the glass and playfield separately because my weak-a** arms couldn't pull the entire weight at once. Got everything up, installed the legs, then needed one final lift to push carpet sliders under the feet and threw out my back.

How much Beskar does it cost to buy a new back at the foundry?

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Mandooooo
Just ordered the side armor shaker and these blades, anyone try these?
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-mandolorian

Just installed my official rifle side armor. I found it interesting that, while it uses the original bolts at both ends of the cabinet, it doesn’t use any of the original two wood screw holes and asks you to make new holes in that gorgeous cabinet art.

I opted to just attach it with the bolts and left the wood screws off. This does make the armor a little wobbly in the middle and below the flipper buttons. I cut strips of sorbothane to wedge in these spots, which filled in the gaps and absorbed most of the hollow metal noise.

#4025 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Man… If stern could surprise and add a UV kit level upgrade for this game…

The moment I heard that Eddy originally designed a moving Razrocrest, my first thought was “future official Stern mod incoming.”

#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Adjust the plastic or use a spacer. It's on there to protect the ball from hitting the bottom of the flasher, possibly shorting the node board.

I'm working on my NIB this week and was thinking about doing exactly this. I'll try it out and see how it goes. I'm thinking a washer under the plastic and black screw, then some sorbothane under the rest of the plastic leading to that spot.

#4077 2 years ago
Quoted from math08:

I have had the game for 10 days or so. I am a bit worried in that my playfield is looking very dimpled, like it was hit by a hailstorm. Anyone else experience this? I dont have this on my 25 year old AFM or MM. I will post pics tomorrow.

It’s just a common reality of pinball machines these days. As others mentioned the dimples will smooth out over time as the clear gets compressed evenly from play.

Also keep in mind that older clear coats were stronger because they used more toxic compounds back in the day. So yeah, you’re getting dimples, but you’re also inhaling fewer VOCs

#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Ditto to this, you can still make the skill shot if you use the action button but that really defeats the purpose of having such a badass looking shooter rod. For what it's worth, I played on someone else's machine last night that they've had since December and that factory shooter rod was weak as well. Would be nice to find a simple fix for this.

Maybe order a spring one step up on strength?

#4121 2 years ago

Got so close to finally setting up my Mando last night. Reached the final item on my checklist: install Cliffy’s ramp protectors. And then I realized I don’t have a wrench small enough to fit in the space around the lock nuts on the ramp.

Now I’m waiting for Amazon to deliver a super thin wrench set today.

This is the delay…

#4140 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Remove the razorcrest and you should be able to get right in mate. Left ramp also lifts up pretty easy too if your struggling.

Sadly I only had a giant wrench and a hex driver. The driver's circumference was too large to fit around the nut due to its proximity to the ramp wall.

But the small wrenches arrived this morning and it's all done! Waxed up the playfield and plan to let it fully cure before polishing and testing everything tomorrow.

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I prefer removing it after my mate snapped off one of the gold guns at the front of his by accidentally catching it with his hand, those things snap easy I’ve seen a couple broken now.

That happened to me, but the gun didn't actually "break." The guns are molded separately and then fit into a groove lock/key style. My guess is that they're supposed to be glued in, and mine wasn't. I used a super tiny drop of Gorilla gel glue, re-inserted the gun and it's perfect now.

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

This protector may be available on the Cliffy store. I just got it from Cliff a couple days ago and wish I would’ve had it from the beginning. I would recommend so you avoid any damage to your plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ah damn, and I just spent a freakin' eon placing Mylar there after a gazillion attempts. I'll watch for it on his store. It'll be far more durable than Mylar.

#4168 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone find the shaker a little too intense, Is there a way to make it more mild?
Never had this issue before.

You can tone down the shaker by adjusting the offset angle of the two weights. Put them at 180 degrees from each other for the least intense shake.

Edit: Never mind, I’m way behind everyone else

#4189 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I didn’t have this at all, or maybe didn’t notice it, at first. Last night I felt like almost every shot around the razor crest flew off at the end and hit that plastic with the red flasher. It would shake every time it got hit. Anyone. I’m wondering if it was always hitting and now has loosened up enough that it moves. Very weird design choice. Let me know if anyone has any solutions to stop that impact. Maybe my pitch is off? I think I’m at about a 6.7.

I cut a small piece of sorbothane and adhered it to the left side of the ramp’s exit. It’s just enough to push the ball to the right upon exiting.

This also slows the ball down, so it might not be a good fix if you like shots to exit that ramp like greased lightning.

#4219 2 years ago

So…. Does anybody like the odds that we’ll see a topper announcement this week?

#4235 2 years ago
Quoted from DNHansen:

1. Watch to see if the light is white, if it is don't hold for flamethrower. White is plunge ball which gets in the way of flamethrower while the game is setting up multiball.
2. I have the same issue. I know my button combo by now and it doesn't always hit the N.
3. This should hopefully just be a visual thing and heal is still there. I haven't noticed this will try to test it out.

I noticed that if I trigger the flamethrower during the start animation for a multiball that the button light goes out immediately even if I hold it. Does using the flamethrower at that time automatically light all the lanes as if you held it, or does it just light one lane as if you just quickly pressed it?

#4264 2 years ago

Anyone know of a setting to dim the flipper spotlights without darkening the GI? The lights feel glaringly brighter than the rest of the GI, especially with white flippers.

#4278 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

amazon.com link »
or if you want them a neat red:
amazon.com link »
you can find the latter at Wal-Mart. Just put it over the hole. Done. Don't gotta complicate it.
Afterthought. Use washable market and color the led black or grey. It will still shine through

Thanks! I had tried orange gels but preferred a more neutral way to dim the lights. I’ll try this tape.

#4379 2 years ago

Anyone aware of a good solution to keep fast balls up the right scoop from hopping off the wire forms? Most of my clean shots are jumping off at the junction, with many going SDTM or even flying over the left inlane guide for an outlane drain.

#4385 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

have you tried a little bending down of the platform which is holding the rail at the junction? worked fine for me, but needed to be very careful in order not to break the welding...

Thanks, might give that a try. Going to test some sorbothane at the top of the scoop. Balls only fall off the wire form when they fly out of the scoop, which makes me think a small ridge of thin sorbo at the exit’s top could slow those rockets without impacting balls that exit at a slower speed.

I’m loving a lot of Mando’s design, but between smooth scoop shots falling off the wire form, balls bouncing off the diverter back down the left ramp, fast balls missing the horseshoe switch, and centered shots bouncing off the right ramp entrance like a trampoline into the air guard plastics, the game seems engineered to punish perfectly clean shots.

While most of these can be fixed with some home modifications, these are a lot of design problems to have when a machine is working as intended.

#4392 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I put in the tweak kit from Mezel that is made by pinball universe. Most of the items I could have made on my own for a lot cheaper but in the end it was a nice comprehensive kit and made the game play a lot smoother.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/mandalorian-pinball-upgrade-kit

That PU kit is a thing of beauty. I was skeptical at first, but my left ramp is smooth as butter with it installed. Unfortunately the washer under the right ramp hasn’t stopped balls from bouncing off the metal tongue and into the air guard plastic which causes rejects.

#4399 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you fastened your right ramp down correctly using the nut underneath the ramp flap entrance?

Yep, triple checked it. Tried it both tight and a little loose. From what I hear it may just take time for the metal to wear in.

#4428 2 years ago

What’s everyone’s strategy for handling VUK ejects? Live catches, drop catches, dead bounces, etc.?

So far I’ve had the most success with live catches, but every approach I’ve tried has been somewhat unpredictable with balls going out of control. I think I need to get better at my live catch timing…

#4438 2 years ago
Quoted from Xantanian:

I am having issues with the ball jumping off of the left ramp and bouncing into the left drain. Has anyone come up with a good fix for this?

Jumping off the plastic ramp or off the wireform as it’s coming back to the flipper?

#4463 2 years ago

I’m in the camp of barely being able to backhand the right ramp. I have an insanely tight window where I need to flip just a hair past hitting the sling post. After watching Deadflip, his seems to let the ball roll a bit further down the flipper, but it’s still a tight shot.

And despite that, it’s still more reliable to shoot backhand from the right flipper than forehand from the left. It’s been by far my most difficult shot in this game, which makes escaping ambushes the PITA that’s it’s probably supposed to be

1 week later
#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from BWelch:

Anyone here hook up Mando to a subwoofer? If so, what sub, and how did you hook it up? Any benefit on a dedicated connector vs alligator clips? Looking to jump in on a sub, any advice about what's working (or not) for your Mando is appreciated! Looks like the Polk PSW10 is pretty common...

Hooked mine up to a SVS SB-1000 with a PinWoofer GT kit and the line out accessory. Sounds (and feels) like playing in a movie theater. Happy to share my sub settings if you go that route.

#4551 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Titans...
Installed a full set. Balls are leaving the playfield everywhere on my machine (yes, they are installed correctly). Balls all have scratches. Had to replace the set with 200 plays. Considering going back to OEM rubber even though they were shedding badly.

I’ve got stock rubbers on everything but my flippers and still get air balls all over the place.

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from njenabnit:

Does anyone have trouble on the left ramp with rejects? I have to hit a super smooth shot to not get a rattle around reject. I feel like I'm hitting it clean enough but still get a reject. I've just this morning added my Cliffy's so I can feel a bit better about practicing that shot, but still.... any tweaks on the left ramp?

Pinball Universe makes a kit that includes modifications to the left ramp. I installed it and the ramp is butter smooth with a clean shot.

Shots still clunk if they’re slightly off, though. It’s a tighter shot than it looks.

#4561 2 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Has anybody found a solution for the left ramp rejects (coming from right flipper) on Prm/LE models? I lowered the left flipper power to 240 (from 255) and still rejects 90%. I can pretty much only backflip into the left ramp. I also tried attaching 2 different materials to the diverter to "soften / absorve" the hit - but no real results.... Hopefully someone has a good fix for this.... thank you

Add sorbothane to the gate. You’ll need to go with a pretty thick piece. 0.125” worked for me.

#4562 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Mezel Mods has been sold out for a while on that. Anywhere else to order it state-side?

Bummer. I got mine from Mezel Mods. You could try reaching out directly to PU in Germany. Their online system doesn’t allow for US shipping, but someone on the GNR forums was able to place a special order stateside.

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Im having ball rejects on left orbit through spinner about 50% of the time, I haven't set up the gopro to catch it yet but looks like its hitting near the post to lower left of left pop bumper. I have shimmed up the red beacon behind spinner and tilted spinner up a bit. Any thoughts?

Mine also rejects a lot thanks to that post. Only real solution is a clean shot that doesn’t ricochet off the left guide.

#4598 2 years ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

I've seen it mentioned in this thread before. From the description: "This Mandalorian Pinball Upgrade kit improves and supports several parts on the game. These pieces help improve ramp performance, avoid airballs, upgrade the standup target performance and a variety of other improvements."
https://mezelmods.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/mandalorian-pinball-upgrade-kit

Their description is really vague, and when I ordered my kit I honestly didn’t understand what problems they tried to solve, so naturally I wanted to test it

The most universal improvement that people will likely experience is better flow on the left ramp. It’s not going to improve shots that are offset center and would normally clunk, but clean shots are butter smooth up the ramp.

Another nice optional upgrade is a 3D-printed bracket for anyone who has a left orbit guide that’s too steep. It will hold the guide in the intended position. However, do NOT install the bracket if your guide is already fine. I wish that was in the instructions.

There’s a washer for the right ramp that requires a fair amount of disassembly to install and, from what I can tell, hasn’t really improved problems with the ball hopping off the metal tongue into the air ball protector and rejecting clean shots. This part of the kit may or may not be worth the trouble.

There’s also a metal bracket to install behind the Razorcrest target. I’m still unsure what it’s supposed to solve. It did make the target heavier and feel more meaty and satisfying to hit. However, it was surprisingly hard to install, at least for me and my non-dexterous fingers. And the bracket fell off, along with the screw and nut, after a few hundred plays. I tightened that thing down hard, but I suspect the ball kept hitting the back side on its way down and would knock the bracket left and right, which probably loosened the nut over time.

Ultimately, since I didn’t see a problem this piece was addressing, and it was introducing its own issues, I didn’t re-install it.

Lastly, there’s some foam backing for stand up targets. I can see how they could theoretically improve their feel, but I haven’t installed them yet.

YMMV.

#4611 2 years ago

Supply chains are so busted right now, maybe Stern can’t get a component or two to build it?

Heck, I’ve been waiting almost 5 months for a stair climbing hand truck and they can’t make them because they can’t get enough sprockets.

1 week later
#4664 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Need some help...
Just set up a game at work, build date is March 8 of this year. I have the issue where the rail guide on the left orbit is pushed in too much, which means the ball hits the rubber post and takes a bad bounce, rather than smoothly coming around.
I tried the following:
1) Unscrewed the guide by that area, moved the guide out a bit, then screwed back in. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.
2) Bent the rail guide by the post. Worked for a few games, then got pushed back in.
I'm finding this annoying. Anyone else have this issue and find a resolution?

Pinball Universe sells an upgrade kit that comes with a bracket to hold the orbit in the right location. It’s a lot to buy for the just the bracket, though.

#4689 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the sound. With Mando having such deep bass, if I put my sound level to 30-35, my bottom cabinet speaker sounds like a rattletrap. Can you guys verify if this is happening on your games, try putting your sound way up and listen to the bottom speaker for a while and when the bass kicks in doesn't it sound like shit?

I went with PinWoofer. Sounds great once you get it dialed in

#4732 2 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

My helmet screw came off after 20 plays as well. The gate scratched up the clear plastic as it happened while my kid played and went unnoticed a few games.
[quoted image]

You may be able to buff out those scratches on the plastic with Novus 2.

#4747 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Has anyone experienced an issue where ambush starts immediately when starting a game? Common sense tells me that a switch is gapped too close and the flipper vibration is activating it but I’m not sure.

That definitely sounds like your rollover switch at the u-turn is triggered by vibrations. Try bending it very, very slightly and see if that fixes it. You still want the switch to be a hair trigger to avoid the opposite problem of not triggering when it should.

#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

That didn’t work. I’m going to replace the switch entirely. Also, the right ramp opto isn’t triggering in game or in test. Haven’t examined it in detail yet.

Yep, when in doubt, replace the switch. The
opto dying at the same time is a strange coincidence. If replacing the switches doesn’t fix it, try re-seating the molex connectors in case there’s fretting.

#4760 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Replaced the switch and that’s good now. However, the optos aren’t registering and even when I plugged it brand new ones, nothing.

Yikes. That sounds like a bad wire, connector, or board. If re-seating all the connectors from the optos to the board doesn’t fix it, then check with Stern’s support. Also, check to see if any wires accidentally got crimped.

#4784 1 year ago

I might try lowering my pitch, too. I also find the shots tight, and it’s the hungry outlanes that really get me.

I’ll admit, though, that I kind of like the brutality of Mando, and I’ve learned better ball control thanks to it. To me it feels like a shootout: pause with the ball cradled, take a shot, live through a hectic adrenaline rush until I can regain control, then catch my breath with the ball cradled, proceed to take my next shot. Rinse, repeat.

#4795 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can someone point me out to some good flipper rubbers to replace the factory sterns? Never really bought rubbers before, it just bounces around too much, no good ball control
Thanks

I’ve found the low bounce Titan silicone rings to be fairly close to new stock rubber. Still a tad bouncier, though.

#4815 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Would you guys add Pinstadium to a Mando LE?

Go for it if you like the look of Pinstadiums. But Mando definitely is already very bright and doesn’t need them. I actually found Mando too bright; I put grey gels over the apron lights and turned down the GI.

2 weeks later
#4949 1 year ago

+100 to increasing ambush scores. It’s a fun to play but unfortunately high risk, push your luck, modest reward mode that’s better off ignored if you’re playing for points.

1 week later
#5031 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Well the left orbit ball guide went slowly back to it's original place. I went back and moved it and tightened it a little more this time. Any way to permanently fix? I thought I read someone put a second screw in but not sure where that would go.
I might not have had it tightened enough so hoping it holds up better this time.

The PU upgrade kit contains a 3D printed bracket designed to hold the orbit in place. Could try that, or maybe someone has 3D brackets for sale separately?

3 weeks later
#5193 1 year ago

Anyone tried increasing the sling power to mitigate outlane drains? Balls arching off a sling into the opposing outlane is killing me, so I tried raising sling power to 40. I'm it's too early to tell and needs more testing on my end, but curious if anyone else tried it and what power that found to be ideal. My pitch is currently 7.0.

#5195 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Damn, i have my Manda Premium NIB since friday and i really like the game, the call outs, the missions , the art , all is very cool. That ambush ramp still is a bit hard to hit, it's a bit hard game indeed, but i love it, and also helps me to improve my skills. Today i could make 300.000.000 with 3 balls and extra at 170m and 250m.
Just fell a bit hard to do the scope since often i can't control the ball, and hard to target when the ball is passing fast. do you have any tips to share? thanks

My scope strategy:

- Forget that scope is lit
- Shoot some other shot that isn't a scope target because I forgot scope is lit
- Brick the shot
- Ball falls to the right flipper
- Backhand off the right flipper into a scope target
- Act like I planned it all along

#5226 1 year ago

Just got my NIB premium set up. The ball is often getting slowed down/hung up on something when the left orbit is shot. Is this a common problem? What should I look for to fix this?

The plastic hanging over the left orbit can also droop too low and catch the ball. May want to check if the ball rolls cleanly under it.

#5261 1 year ago

I absolutely am loving my premium! Huge shout-out to Dwight and Brian Eddy. I've been hard on Dwight for the rules he's done on other games, but this is a masterpiece in my mind. The theme integration is 10/10 and this really feels like a sense of adventure that is Mandalorian, rather than the Mandalorian theme lazily pasted over a generic pinball game. Well done team!
Last year, I got one of the first games to land on location for my route, a pro. I thought it was solid, but never really grabbed my attention. I think on our podcast at the time we rated it a 7. On a future podcast, I'll revisit this and share my love of the premium, and where the game is currently at rules-wise.
Question for you guys: Was there a point where this game really took shape, in terms of rules? Did I miss something back in May 2021 when I played it, or was it lacking some significant features at that time?

I don't recall when the update happened, but limiting Razorcrest multi-ball to once per ball unless completing a hunt forced more variety of shots, at least for a player of my low skill level.

#5262 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

It's been interesting to read other views on the current state of the Ambush mode.
I'm very much in the camp of just waiting out the timer to avoid the mode. The average points on offer just isn't worth the risk and it's not particulary interesting to shoot.
The only reason I'm currently playing Ambush is because there are 7 insider connected achievements tied to the mode. Otherwise, I'd not bother with it.
Originally the mode was too difficult to activate, so the change that brings it into play more was a good one. But it does highlight the fact the mode required additional work to make it more rewarding (not just in terms of points) to shoot.
I love the idea of being ambushed while being in between main features. I think Dwight was on the right track with that as it fits the Mando theme well. Never knowing when that ambush is just around the corner. Right now though, I know that hitting the loop will activate the mode. It's not a surprise. I also know that once active, I can just cradle the ball is sit out the timer. This isn't a good sign for a mode if people are taking this approach.
I'd love to see the mini playfield brought into this mode with some rules too.
It's good to see constructive discussion around the mode. Hopefully Xaqery is able to make some improvements to Ambush for the next code drop.
I still haven't been able to get the Flamethrower achievement even though I use it every game. Hopefully that will be fixed also.

When I play ambush, I play it for fun because I love the mode. But I also skip it if I'm playing to maximize my score.

For competition, the easiest fix is to increase the scoring and/or award beskar. Thematically, I think it'd be interesting if it can't time out; you either escape or drain. I mean, if Mando's really been ambushed, he can't just sit and wait for the ambush to end...

#5308 1 year ago

All main shots in Mando are pretty damn safe if made.

That’s a pretty big “if” at my skill level

Missed shots require quick reflexes. The game is less forgiving for missed shots than some other modern pins, but quite fair when you make your shots.

It’s teaching me to be a better pinball player.

1 week later
#5365 1 year ago

So… no news on the topper yet?

#5377 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Or maybe stern is going to focus on getting all the back ordered games shipped.

I doubt the people assembling pinball machines are the same workers who assemble the toppers.

1 week later
#5434 1 year ago

OK, so you're convinced it's a bug, rather than a feature?

I’m also convinced there’s a bug that results in some erratic upper playfield behavior. Just last night my encounter 1-1 pitch, which is usually less steep than than 1-2 as you’d expect but still steeper than the main playfield, went as flat as the main playfield (or close to it). And I’ve had cases where 1-1 is more steep than other times.

I’m not sure what the intended position is, but it’s certainly inconsistent. No common factors, like prior multiballs or scope, seem to predictably affect it. I am one patch behind on updates, though, so my experience may be irrelevant.

2 weeks later
#5605 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

It's the "premium" features that annoy me the most. I have the magnet turned off. The upper PF is just too flimsy to play on, granted, the premium I played this weekend had a much leaner upper PF. The drop-down scoop is just an annoyance that gets exponentially harder to hit the more flipper fatigue the game gets. And WTH in Ambush anyway that locks you out of everything?
The game is also riddled with bugs, especially around the upper PF when the ball just dribbled through without anything activating when the balls enter. Far too many times when you drain the upper PF does the game think you're still in the upper PF and you must shoot the ball back up there to bonk it on its head.
There's only one thing you can play for, mission and multiball stack. And one multiball per ball because WTH has the stomach to nail a hunter, then get the hurry-up and then start to make progress against next MB? One one ball?
I wouldn't be able to complete encounter even if I dedicate my three balls for it. I got to the multiball wizard prior to the code change, I will never see that happen in the current iteration.
My biggest peeve is that the game just gets exponentially harder the deeper you get into it when it should be at least linear, that makes me lose my interest, especially if you bricked your first two missions and a multiball or two with less than 100M on the board. It just makes me want to start a new game.
The beskar is unobtainium, there should be an abundance of earnings to spend with. Rewardwise I only think I ever bought Amban Rifle and start mission. Maybe the one that lights the next mode on the razorcrest (MB or hurry-up)
When you complete the super skill shot, it STARTS the mission instead of just lighting it and you get punished playing an MB without a mission. Completing the super skill should either light it or start the MB + mission to not lock you out of the fundamental strategy of scoring on the game.
Sure, we can argue all day that I can install super easy or what not but I like to play my games how they're set up for tournaments.
Pro is the way to go on this game with the homemade wireforms. Too bad the LE looks so much better and I look at my games more than I play them these days anyway... so, play better I guess.
This is just from the top of my head, I bet I have more peeves if I would be in front of the game. I'll get off my high horse now.

I’m not sure that upper playfield “bug” is actually a bug. I have ~300 games on my Mando LE and never had that happen to me once. Maybe you have a bad switch, connector, or board?

I do remember seeing it happen to someone else, so I know it’s a real thing. Just might be hardware rather than software related if you see it happen that often.

You also may want to tweak your drop down scoop. Mine flows like butter from a forehand shot, and I suck at pinball, so if it works for me then it can work well when operating as intended. Flipper fade sucks, but it sucks for any game - I couldn’t get a ball up the pterodactyl ramp on JP after 45min of play until I installed PinMonk’s TB kit on it. Got the same kit on Mando, no problems so far.

Totally agree with Beskar/The Foundry being under utilized. Opportunities to buy items are so few and far between that it feels like a bonus feature rather than a core activity about building Mando’s kit, which I thought was what Dwight intended.

I’ll also say that Mando required more dialing in from NIB than any other game in my collection. The left ramp, right ramp, exit from the center ramp, U-turn switch, just to name the ones I recall off the top of my head. Sometimes I feel like the game needed a little more time in the oven.

2 months later
#6038 1 year ago

So what are the game modes associated with it? I was pretty excited for the topper and expected it to be a hologram, but the video did a poor job demonstrating any features beyond projecting mostly static 3D images and it killed my enthusiasm, even before I saw the price.

I was really hoping for something more dynamic, like character holograms talking to the player, not just “here’s a cool 3D render of a TIE fighter, here’s a cool 3D render of a spider that kind of moves.”

My wife’s response to the video was “so it’s another display that displays the same stuff as the other display but it looks different.”

#6145 1 year ago

Hey Mando community, I could really use your help dialing in the right ramp. I can’t for the life of me get a backhand shot off the right flipper up the ramp except maybe 1 in 20 shots, and when it does make it, it barely has enough velocity to make it all the way up and around.

Now, I’m not the best player, and for a while chalked it up to my skill level. However, after repeat testing, the window to make the shot is barely past the sling’s bottom post, and shooting the ball just as it passes the post is more likely to catch the edge of the stand up target left of the ramp than the ramp itself.

So I’m wondering if I need to lower my pitch, adjust the stand up target, or change the flipper angle.

Currently I’m at 7.0 degree pitch measured at the slings and level side to side. Flipper are pointed directly at the guide holes. Using Titan low bounce silicon flipper “rubbers.”

#6147 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

We were just chit chatting about this. Start at top of page 120.

Thanks! I recall reading about the skinny post swap months ago, but figured I just setup my machine incorrectly or my skill sucks. Sounds like some builds are just off a bit too much without a post swap.

1 week later
#6231 1 year ago

Ambush sounds much better now, can't wait to try it out. Can't believe the Mandalorian Madness mode is tied to the topper, making it essentially a $2K DLC

#6257 1 year ago
Quoted from DJK77:

A very good player friend of mine had me make the game steeper and increase the sling power. I thought he was nuts and that would make it harder but that's not the case the game plays better all around so i did the same on other machines. I still have my outlanes adjusted but give it a try. Also time small nudges to bounce the ball towards the side targets instead of outlane. Game can be a butt kicker, makes you work for sure.

I’ll second this. Increasing sling power not only reduces arching bounces off a sling into an out lane, it also hits more of the stand-up targets.

#6258 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Has anyone had any luck getting cliff to respond?
I have been inquiring about these ramp protectors with no luck in getting a response.
Anyone know of any alternatives?

Hmmm, Cliff usually responds within a day or two. Hope he’s ok (or better yet, on vacation).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xelz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=xelz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.