Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2984 2 years ago

Xaqery or anyone question: Didn’t the 180 scoop come down every time after shooting the ball through the horseshoe from the left side? Now after code update 1.01 it no longer lowers unless scope or ambush is initiated. Am I missing something? Is that the way it should be? Didn’t the 180 diverter also come down during “Try to Escape” before 1.01? What are the times the 180 diverter is suppose to lower?

#3015 2 years ago
Quoted from Speedracer773:

I was wondering about this as well. Its possible I missed it but I didn't see any replies. - ?? thanks

Surprised no one else has seemed to notice that since 1.01 update, when the hurry up “Try To Escape” happens, the 180 diverter ramp no longer lowers. It has to be a bug. It was so much more fun when it lowered in that part of the game during the hurry up. Made it more intense than just a regular through the horseshoe shot like it is now.

#3039 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I didn't feel it came down too much at all. That shot is a hard one to make and could be the most fulfilling shot in all of my games. As it was designed in previous code was absolutely perfect.
Sidenote: Backhanding that drop ramp from the right flipper on-the-fly is better than an orgasm

Fully agree, it did not come down too much and is the best shot in the game, because its tougher. In fact, it feels like a lot was taken away by the scoop not coming down as much and seems like the 180 scoop is way underutilized now. I did speak directly with Dwight about this and he was kind of enough to reply to my concern. I don’t think he’ll mind me sharing it here:

Hey Man -

The 180 scoop doesnt come down now becuase there is no more advancing toward AMBUSH. How to get to AMBUSH has completely changed.
I will think about adding the 180 scoop to TRY TO ESCAPE.

Right now it comes down for all the super jackpots.

Thanks for the chat

- Dwight

So hoping he adds it back in, as it was one of our families favorite parts of the game! Was so intense and exciting with the music and all, which made it one of the most looked for shots in the game. Completing it with the red light flashing on top, is pinball nirvana and makes one feel like they’re in the Mando universe successfully escaping. Only coming down during super jackpots is not near as fun.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks for the updates. That's a real bummer and a step backward in gameplay. I'm devastated...

I’m going to take mine back to the old code till Dwight puts it back in. Not as motivated to play Mando now, with that shot eliminated. You could so easily activate it whenever during game play, but chances of making it were hard, hence the feeling of escaping was so cool when the shot was made.

#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from BWelch:

As far as the diverter scoop, it drops all of the time! Super Jackpot, Ambush, etc

Interesting as it doesn’t according to Dwight. It only drops for super jackpots in 1.01.

#3130 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It drops for Escape/Ambush as well as supers and the first multiballs super is timed and can be shot over and over until the time runs out.
Could definitely do with being repeatable on all 3 of the razorcrest multiballs if it isn’t already, or for the 2nd and 3rd razorcrest multiballs allow 3 repeatable loops?
It’s been a while since I had a game that was able to create a super, double super and triple super jackpot that was a rush to hit!

First chance I’ve had to go through 1.01 more thoroughly and you’re right, the scoop is still dropping during escape/ambush, as well as all supers. However, still hoping Dwight finds a way to put back in the “try to escape” drop as well. Still a very exciting shot to make. Don’t think the dropping scoop ever can be used too much, as it is an important feature of the game and challenging to hit consistently. What a game Mando has turned out to be and so fun to shoot! Dwight is as usual doing a stellar job for us on code.

7 months later
#5763 1 year ago

Loving SW Mando as one of my goto fun machines. The layout is superb! Here is my version of it…

6D1346AB-4736-462A-A5C5-89CB94670DD3 (resized).jpeg6D1346AB-4736-462A-A5C5-89CB94670DD3 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#5927 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Debating on trading my cactus canyon SE for a premium Mando because my wife has a hard time seeing the ball when the GI goes all red like when battling bionic Bart. Just would like some opinions from here if possible.
I love CCR, but also love the theme of Mando but have only played 2 games on a Mando and had no idea what to do.
Thank you

Having played both a lot, Mando blows CC away as a better shooter and exciting code. CC does have some cool things, but the code is so meh. CC was meant to be played for 15 minutes by throwing in a few coins. Mando is meant to be played in the home with far greater code breadth for longevity. Not sure why some think Mando is a tough shooter, unless you’re not a trap up player. Backhanding right ramp is super easy if you let the ball roll down the right flipper and bam hit it 80 to 90% of the time. Back hand scoop and other shots are easy peasy. Only simple slap players will find Mando layout on the challenging side. It is one of my go to shooters for great fun and exciting RPG style code using the foundry. It is perfectly integrated with the Mandolorian theme and Star Wars universe. Addictive game play. Sorry, CC in comparison is a snoozefest.

#5939 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I beat it. I made the extra balls liberal and bypassed hunter modes between multiballs. I focused heavily on encounters and got my nudging to a point where I could often knock out three stages per visit to the encounter playfield. I also had the left flipper to left ramp shot super dialed in to the point where I was hitting that shot 75% of the time. The game taught me a lot about pinball and associated strategy. Mando to me is more about patience and accuracy than flow.
I left the club a week ago. I can only afford a couple of games and getting something new means selling something. My kids were sad to see Mando go, but it was time. We saw everything there was to see.
The topper was the only thing holding us back from selling. We were really excited about the puck idea. It's rumored to be a puck that incorporates a 3D projector the projects images upward from the top of the machine. This includes numerous images and statistics. It could possibly bring in a new mode too. That's super exciting and I can see how approval from Disney would take awhile. Some if this is existing rumor and some is my own speculation on top of the rumor. I hope this is what it is, as that would be pretty ground breaking.

Find this a fascinating concept that we can somehow beat a $10k pinball machine, like a $69 video game and then just move on? Thought it was about the sport and improving skill and high scores, not just beating the last “boss”?) I do get affording a few games and moving them on to allow new challenges, although.)

#5941 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I wouldn't say it like that. I'm much newer to the hobby here than most. I've only ever owned two machines and that's what's in my budget. I played Mando every way I could think of to play it. I tried to focus on it from a "blow up" the score approach. I focused on it from a game progression standpoint. I focused on it from a mode/multiball stacking standpoint. I also focused on it from a pure get better at playing pinball standpoint. I learned a lot and enjoyed the game thoroughly. It provided a lot of entertainment for me and my family.
We never once looked at it from a beat the game and move on mentality. The reality is that over time and with more visits to the arcade more games get released and we got introduced to more games. Eventually, we thought it'd be nice to change it up, so that's what we did. We don't have a spare $10k laying around, so selling a game to get another is the only way we can afford to make that happen. I have a hard time believing people here can't relate to this.

Wasn’t really speaking directly to you and your situation, but this idea of beating the game and done is prevalent and the reason Stern is making them so hard to beat, lol.

It is cool you beat it.

#5954 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

My Mando Pro is the same. It's frustrating but I've accepted that it just ain't gonna happen most of the time from the right flipper. I have gotten much better at the timing of that shot from the left flipper though. That's what I would concentrate on.

A fix I heard about some time ago is changing the right sling bottom star post to a standard thinner post Stern use to install there. It opens up the right ramp shot much more, for easier backhanding.

#5958 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

This was one of my posts in the thread, if you search them I have a few photos of it in action. I felt like I could see an improvement in the "backhandability" of the right ramp from right flipper. I didn't really see much improvement at all in post-passing, though. Just a tiny bit more clearance on those right flipper backhand shots, to help widen the window of success a little bit more. It's an easy swap, and if I ever need to sell the game I obviously kept the original posts in the coin box.. doesn't take long to change them out.
In a perfect world I'd prefer to keep things stock as well, but that right ramp is such a critical shot to progressing through the game... I may have to try a flipper adjustment also, like TrekTobbyGermany mentioned.. It's still not as accessible as I'd like.
EDIT: Here's the link.. the handful of posts after this one talk about some other stuff related to the change as well, if you're curious. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/90#post-6824302

Good post and work on allowing geometry to be a bit better, like it should have always been. Don’t think this was a Brian Eddie decision in design, as every machine use to have the slimmer posts, so its definitely not cheating imo. Think it was a factory decision to take stress off the PF to prevent pooling etc, because of much wider bases on the star posts. But now that the clear coat is thinner with no artwork under the posts, its not necessary to use star posts and can easily go back to the thinner posts like Stern use to always use before . Star posts are just too thick and get in the way of vital backhanding shots. Precisely the reason Stern use to always use the thinner sling posts.

#5964 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGuy217:

Hi everyone,
I’ve had a mando premium for a few months now and generally love it. I have found however that I am having 2 issues with my machine:
1) direct shots at ramps sometimes almost “bounce” off the ramp. I’ve seen it especially with the right ramp where I swear I hit it dead on and it rejects.
2) backhanding both ramps seems impossible. I cannot backhand the left ramp off a catch. It always goes half way up then comes back down. I also cannot backhand the right ramp at all. I always hit the post.
Does anyone have any adjustments/ advice for things I could change or change how I play? My machine is level and the pitch is 6.5. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/90#post-6824302

#5967 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

This was one of my posts in the thread, if you search them I have a few photos of it in action. I felt like I could see an improvement in the "backhandability" of the right ramp from right flipper. I didn't really see much improvement at all in post-passing, though. Just a tiny bit more clearance on those right flipper backhand shots, to help widen the window of success a little bit more. It's an easy swap, and if I ever need to sell the game I obviously kept the original posts in the coin box.. doesn't take long to change them out.
In a perfect world I'd prefer to keep things stock as well, but that right ramp is such a critical shot to progressing through the game... I may have to try a flipper adjustment also, like TrekTobbyGermany mentioned.. It's still not as accessible as I'd like.
EDIT: Here's the link.. the handful of posts after this one talk about some other stuff related to the change as well, if you're curious. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/90#post-6824302

I was quite hesitate to make the change, but just followed what you recommended and can say without a doubt its pure nirvana now for everyone in my family and me. The most critical shot in all of the game, just became 90% of the time back handle-able from the right flipper from the cradle position. Its almost like I can’t miss now! Before I had to really be on my game to get that shot much of the time. For family members back handing, forget it. If everyone made this simple change from the fat star posts to the skinny posts, it changes Mando shooting experience from frustration to absolute joy! So much more fun, can’t recommend it enough.

It only makes sense geometry wise. I’m sure Brian Eddy did not design that shot with a star post in mind, since its so critical to the game to advance. Trying to hit that shot from the left flipper is very dangerous and the reason some people give up on the game imo. Players become too frustrated when they don’t need to be and its not cheating in any way. Sure it was a factory decision to put the star post in after Eddie had already designed the layout. Brain wouldn’t make Mando that frustrating on purpose.

Prior layouts at the time he was designing were all installed with slimmer posts on the slings. Just fix the geometry of the right flipper shot by reducing the blatant right sling lower post obstacle and wow, night and day experience. The shot is just too close to be otherwise and only becomes a pros timing shot of letting it roll down the flipper, then shooting and even then, its quite tough. If those that wrote off Mando tried this, they’d be back in for sure, imo. Thanks for the suggestion JSholtz! (I did add a small nylon washer under each of the slimmer posts.)

1FBF90F2-6DB8-4361-928F-2BCF9864E3A3 (resized).jpeg1FBF90F2-6DB8-4361-928F-2BCF9864E3A3 (resized).jpeg

5F4C6322-6FE6-40A3-8091-91ADFA25C0A6 (resized).jpeg5F4C6322-6FE6-40A3-8091-91ADFA25C0A6 (resized).jpeg

#5973 1 year ago

You've almost talked me into it...lol. Doesn't that washer make that post sit higher than the rest?

I was concerned about that, but used super thin washers. Probably not necessary since there is no artwork there anyway. No noticeable raising of the posts in comparison to the other 2.

BTW, I have a purest son that didn’t want me to change them, but I told him, its not changing the layout, it’s only removing an obvious obstacle that shouldn’t have been there to begin with. I asked him, if a part that comes from the factory blocks the flow of the game, do you leave the error/mistake because it came from the factory that way???

He and his brother could only make the shot maybe 40% of the time and his sisters could rarely make it at all and our guests, forget it, lol. Now everyone can, so purest just being a purest because the factory did it that way, hmmmm, makes no sense to me. Most key shot in the game just became doable. Now the game is finally fun instead of frustrating!

#5975 1 year ago

Is there really that much play in them? The screw can't move correct? It's just a bit of wiggle room from inside the post itself?

No, there is hardly any wiggle room and makes little difference compared to the skinny post. Not sure why anyone would want to keep the fat star post in there when the skinny posts does the job so much better? After all Stern used them for years on all their machines.

#5991 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

You should be able to slowly drill the hole in your post to enlarge it.

Why go to all that trouble? Just buy a few cent skinny post and problem easily solved. Plus with post size differences so dramatic, you could never drill it large enough to make the best difference. Since Star Post = 11mm, is almost double the size of a straight post = 6.75mm.

#5993 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Drilling a hole is hardly any trouble, certainly less work than designing a skinny post that looks like a star post and 3D printing it. Clearly a few people want to keep the star post look, I didn’t want to loose my star posts but was lucky I had a few mm play in my post so just moved it over with my finger and retightened.

Fair enough if that look is important.

#5995 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry I edited my post after you quoted it, obviously some want to keep that look, both solutions open the shot up, like you’ve said before it’s an important shot, but it’s also a fun shot so whatever method improves it, it makes the game better overall.

You’re so right and I agree what you’ve said in the past, its one of the best shooters around.

#5997 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

One of the most brutal shooters around
It’s why we all want to be able to back hand everything

Lol, that’s why Mando has that just one more game; press the start button again and again feeling. Mando’s unique design is why its really one of Eddie’s all time best, but so underrated. Honestly, can complete AFM and MM 3 times over in one game session. Mando has some fun challenge to it, where it feels good to complete shot after shot, even addictive. Along with ST, Brian has really improved his designs from the long ago past, imo.

#6008 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great news, Dwight & Co. are actively working on an update for Mando along with bug fixes and are aware of the flamethrower achievement glitch.

Excited to see what else they may add or come up with. Mando code is getting better all the time! Thanks Dwight and team!

#6081 1 year ago
Quoted from sirocket:

Seriously. Just love the outright "bend over" motto they have. reminds me of disney.... "we are giving you magic, and tell this fantasy story to get you hooked... and then some sob story of why increases are needed with a cute twist on it so that the followers will line up to get bent over" lol

The reason this price gouging reminds you of Disney is because Seth Davis the new Pres of Stern hails from the Disney ilk. Hmmm, wonder if all this gigantic price raising comes from him? Taking the fun out of it for us loyal fans of Stern pinball. This topper should have been $1k tops. I remember when George said the new SW topper was going to be expensive and it was only $750?

#6108 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

So that cool Black Knight topper released about 2 1/2 years ago was $450 (is that right?) and the Mando topper is $2000?
It's almost like they priced it so they wouldn't need to produce that many, while making the same amount of profit (or more).

And Stern was making a nice profit on the Black Knight topper too, when it sold for what now looks like a true bargain. Gary has forgotten his roots of making good products for a reasonable profit. How many jokes have we heard about his penny pinching just to stay afloat. Now he’s joined the ranks of the super rich and has forgotten his long journey of being prudent and giving his customers value for reasonable MSRP costs. It’s now time that some other company steps up to the plate and takes on Stern with a value for money proposition. Even distributors think stern pricing is crazy high and not worth it now. Bring on a new market high volume competitor! The market will be theirs!! Big volume, not small boutique pinball competition will bring Stern to their money grubbing senses.

#6116 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I meant as far as how they chose the hologram method.

Makes one wonder if we will see owners modding this by changing the position of the screen by actually showing it in full frontal view? The screen seen directly will be hi-definition, instead of it just being reflected/faded onto another piece of plastic.

#6160 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Couple things I was wanting to ask the rest of the club about or just mention:
2. Question: Does anyone have a strong opinion *in favor of* the Upper Playfield flipper(s) (pro or premium) being enabled during normal play? I feel like this should be an adjustment that can be set to the owner's preference. Beyond putting unnecessary miles on the upper flippers, having them enabled also generates a lot more machine noise. I'd love to be able to turn that off to quiet the machine down a little bit. Was going to suggest/request this in my bug report email to Stern, but wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in thinking this.
[quoted image]

A resounding YES! Since there is an entrance opto, until its triggered why oh why should the upper flippers engage and increase wear and tear on the upper pf, along with increasing sound issues??? Makes no sense. In full support of an option to allow user to adjust to either on all the time or on when there’s an actual ball up there. Let’s all request this. (Not to mention coil dust needlessly falling all over from those unused flippers.)

Shaker motor is an easy fix. Take cover off and adjust one arm either 90 degree for medium shake or 180 degree for very mild shake.

#6187 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is anyone able to consistently backhand the left or right ramp shot ? Got any tips for a newer player ?
I keep trying to backhand the right ramp or left ramp shot and it rarely is able to get there …
Thank you so much .

Begin reading at page 120 to read our extensive discussion on the right ramp issue and fix.

1 week later
#6277 1 year ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

This is crazy talk!
oh wait. Its not. The fix didnt make it into the last release. Its in the next one. Sorry.

Thanks for your hard work in making our stellar Mando games even better Dwight @xaqery! (Any chance of adding an option for us to turn off upper PF flippers, unless there is an actual ball in the upper playfield?)

#6343 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nearly ever shot is best backhanded in Mando. I rarely ever attempt to hit the scoop from the right flipper, will even post pass to get the ball on the left flipper for a backhand into the scoop.

Only time I try to hit the left scoop from the right flipper is when a RC MB is lit and I don’t want to start it. Other than that, back hand everything, except orbits. Such a fun shooter at that!

#6363 1 year ago

Has anyone installed a wedge on the topper? What material is Stern suggesting to use for the wedge? So with children in the house, topper needs the wedge to be seen properly?

#6370 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Congrats. But I think the blue looks weird. Like it was an afterthought and doesn't match at all. Maybe it's me..
Also.. curious if anyone else is struggling with their mando. We have a pro. 6 months or so now, so honeymoon is over. 1.40 code now. Kinda not loving it. Bricked shots, side drains, sdtm, and just can't advance at all. It seems brutal. I went thru this with both TMNT and AIQ premium and just had enough after a while. Any thoughts?

Mando is actually quite an easy shooter if you’re a trap up player and use stock rubber everywhere (silicon is a nightmare on Mando - drain city). However, the small posts on the lower slings must be installed or suffer experience will be like what you’re describing. Mando is a backhand shooters dream layout. So fun to shoot if you backhand every shot, but the orbits and side targets.

#6394 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW TOY!
The Mandalorian Pinball Topper by Stern Pinball
The ULTIMATE Pinball Accessory? The GREATEST Pinball Topper?
Comment below on your thoughts of this over-the-top pinball accessory!

Nice job promoting this stellar topper! Appreciate the video showing it off with different lights and “hologram” images. Making me quite excited to get mine! Thanks.

#6413 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’ve got about 1000 plays on my mando in just over 2 months lol
I noticed my shooter lane getting worn down and digging into the wood … is this normal ?
Can someone help a newbie out and share a link to the best shooter lane protecter I can get I would greatly appreciate it!!

No wear if ejector power is turned nearly all the way down.

1 week later
#6494 1 year ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

Can someone tell me what this part is in the manual? It’s the u-turn plunge diverter to the mini playfield. Welds did not hold up.
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just take both pieces to a welder shop and it’ll be fixed with less hassle and far less money than ordering a new one. My local shop did it cheap, better and even shined it up much prettier than Stern.

2 weeks later
#6614 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

You could cut the end off the power cord and wire it directly to where line power comes into the power supply. That way it is switched with the rest of the game. The service outlet in the head remains on even when the game is off.
[quoted image]

What wire from the cutoff plug goes where on a direct hookup? And do all 3 connection points shown in the photo need to be connected?

#6619 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just hoping mate. It needs to be far more interactive and cohesive to what’s happening in the game. Hopefully stern give Dwight the time to fully flesh it out.

A topper that costs that much needs to be fully interactive to justify the price and utilize the screen feature. Here’s hoping Stern sees it that way too. If they put in the code to make it killer, then almost no one will care about the steep entry price.

#6658 1 year ago
Quoted from Belvedere:

I was really hoping for the update to take care of the upper playfield flippers flipping when there is no ball up there. Call me OCD, but it drives me a little crazy. I picked up TSPP this past year & immediately purchased the PI-SIM board from France to take care of that same issue. What is the hold up on Mando ?

They sell a board that will stop the madness of active flippers, when there is no ball in the upper pf? Wow, please send me a link of where to buy this board. Unbelievable that Xaqery Stern has not accommodated us by just putting a simple code update, that tells the upper flippers to not activate unless a ball is in the actual upper pf. So simple and inconsiderate Stern/he won’t do that, unless there is some issue we are unaware. Running flippers when nothing is there wears on the whole flipper assembly for no reason at all. Please Dwight, make upper flippers inactive, when there is no ball to actually flip.

#6663 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

A little harsh, imo. I’m sure everyone in the programming space at Stern has to triage the bug requests (and new development) and knock things out in order of priority/impact. I definitely want this feature (perhaps as an adjustment) too, but I don’t think we’re still waiting on it because any one person is “inconsiderate.”
I’d love for them to hire one or two more support programmers to work through their backlog faster, sure. But Dwight in particular has a good track record of engaging with the community and (eventually) getting around to the updates.
Best thing we can do is periodically submit constructive bug reports to Stern, imo.

No attempt of being “harsh”, only calling a spade a shovel. We’ve repeatedly asked for a long time now to fix this simple code change to make upper pf flippers inactive with no ball…many of us have been reporting as a bug. So yes, it’s now reached the level of being inconsiderate of how we owners feel about this issue. If we were asking for some major fix/change that they don’t have time to do, well then…but we are not. Really like Dwight’s coding, so that’s not in question here.

1 month later
#6901 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Many thanks to Taylor34 for the ramp
Cover it is well done abs made Well
New right ramp cover successfully installed it was soooooo hard to do there’s no room in there to work even with ignition wrenches ;
Holy hell that was tough !!!
Looks great about to test
I don’t care that it’s not see through seems way better than original and looks phat
[quoted image]

Very nice of him to send that cover, but why do you wish to lose sight of the ball on that cool u turn? Clear was done that way on purpose so ball travel is not lost. The whole point of pinball is to see the ball traveling all over the PF. That’s why Gary Stern will not allow subways on any Stern game, because they are pointless, when the ball is lost from view. Contact Stern and they’ll send you a new one.

#6918 1 year ago

If we get anything from season 3, it’ll be DLC.

#6923 1 year ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

MANDO was my first pin. It's still my favorite (scooby might knock it out, but it will be hard). I have a Prem
The theme is really well done, the modes progress in an order that makes sense (unlike SW, which seams like a free for all IMHO). The multi balls come fairly easy and often. I've had no issues with the build of my machine, some where north of 3k play on it now. Side rules and modes are fun for a change of pace (impossible mode is brutal). lots of show assets and Carl Weathers does the call-outs (grief carga from the show)... i find myself yell 'thanks carl' and 'shut up carl' during some of the call outs...
it is a cradle and shoot type pin, not much 'flow' but i prefer the controlled madness rather than the fast ball free-for-all that SW is. The fan type layout would be a good ying to your godzilla 'all over the place' layout (i don't know what to call it)
I would go Prem if you have the $$, the upper playfield and wire-forms is worth it IMO. if buying again, i would check out the classifieds and find a fairly low play game from someone close.
The main thing i have heard is the left ramp can break w/o a cliffy installed on it. Has not happened to me (knocking on the oak table). Mods are plentiful and cool, but Stern has decided to price me out of an official topper. The other thing is the left orbit gets ball tracks fairly quickly and requires cleaning about every 100-150 games or so.
that being said, I am a huge OG starwars fan, mild prequal fan, hate the post force awakens movies (i forgot their names) but loved Mando seasons 1, 2 and 2.5 (the bubba fett stuff slowed it down though)

Mando will still be your favorite after about 100 games on SD. Mando has so much more in every way game play wise. It’s one of my goto games in my collection. Such a fun shooter with interesting mechs and game play. SD has none of that in comparison, although it has some cute code, shooter wise, its pretty plain. Mando is made by the guy that made MM and AFM, two of the top five games.

#6932 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Elvira and Avengers have subways.

Avengers subway is completely visible, the ball does not disappear.

#6945 1 year ago

Mando is a top goto game imo. Really fun once you learn where the shots are on the flippers and backhand most of them from a cradle position. Then the game comes alive.

2 weeks later
#7004 1 year ago

Finally took the plunge on a topper and agree it’s way overpriced, but it adds a great deal to the game imo. It’s like getting a new giant mech that adds to the game play coding experience after having the game for a year or two. Mando is such an awesome shooting game!

#7015 1 year ago

As I already stated mando topper is way overpriced, but it’s a game changer for sure. Has caused me to approach Mando differently than before and adds so much to game play imo. No issues with 1st gen. Very cool to see a second screen showing different Star Wars assets from the main screen, during game play.

#7017 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It is cool but it could certainly do with more interactive code and more animations on its display don’t you agree?
Xaqery any chance you have more updates planned for Mando and the topper?

Whole heartedly agree with you. It needs way more to justify the huge cost. More interactive modes and animations on the display is a must. Please Xaqery do your magic and don’t let us down, since we’ve spent our hard earned dollars on your efforts to make it even better. At $2,000.00 there’s plenty of profit there to make additional code/assets.

#7019 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Yes! Greef Karga giving the missions? Carl Weathers callouts + Hologram + Razor Crest's Dashboard -> This is the Way !
[quoted image]

Good ideas to send to Stern.

1 week later
#7056 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Those with the Mando Topper, what are your thoughts on it. Is it worth the hefty price? Would you buy it again?

The price is ridiculous, but I’d buy it all over again. Adds so much to the game, although I hope Xaqery will add even more considering the price we’ve paid. And I do look at it while playing the game a lot to see what I need to do next to light up Mandalorian Madness and how much Beskar is needed to earn perks. With the new season 3 airing now, it’s great fun to play after watching the show, cause you’re in the zone, lol.

2 weeks later
#7133 1 year ago

Posted this in the Grogu mod thread and thought it might be of interest in our club, since that other thread is mainly inactive.

Kind of late to the Grogu mod party, but finally decided it would be worth installing Lermods Grogu. It’s works well if you attach it to the “Child light” insert near the spinner. Runs only when the child is activated and costs nearly half the price of the Tekman mod. I’ve scanned through Tekman videos and there is not much difference in action, only subtle. Agreed it’s nice to have the right hand raising instead of the left, but other actions are not really noticed, as there is not time during play to focus on them. If the ball was held at the magnet that’d be different, but since it’s not, Lermods Grogu fits the bill. It’s the ambiance of Grogu coming alive that is key here, because none of these versions are coded into the game, other than reacting to the light or magnet. It takes an awesome game to the next level. Good job Lermods!

Another key is installing Grogu with the right wrist zip tied to the metal wrap right under his right hand and moving the hand so it’s facing somewhat downward. That seems to be just right for all movements concerned and does not raise the ramp when the left arm comes up. Our family is really enjoying Grogu coming alive in our fab game!

(Not attempting here to “call out” Tekman. His version is super deluxe, but no longer makes them.)

AB1322AF-0BC6-4D28-8F3C-E71E4FD5555A.jpegAB1322AF-0BC6-4D28-8F3C-E71E4FD5555A.jpeg

#7138 1 year ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Since you called me out here. To be fair, here's a quick list of what my version offers for those that my not know so they can make their own opinion if they agree with you. With that said, I'm happy to see you enjoying your Mando and that is what it's all about!
1 – Monitors if the game is active or not.
2 – Falls asleep when the game is over and inactive for one minute
3 – Wakes up when a game is started after sleeping
3 – Wakes up periodically during sleep to do attract animations followed by falling back to sleep when the game has sat idle in attract mode for long periods
4 – Fully completes Hasbro factory designed modes and never stops with its eyes in various states of being closed during play
5 - Never looks like Grogu is having a seizure when running
6 – Will raise its arm and perform Force effect when the magnet is energized followed by briefly sleeping like in the show
7 – Performs controlled random effects while Child LEDs are activated
I can guarantee to everyone that the amount of time spent, materials, electronics, and 3D printed backets for my version, I'm absolutely making less than what Lermods is making on their version when it's all said and done.

Was not attempting to call you out. Your version is deluxe, but you’re not making it any longer, so what choice do we have?

#7157 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ll find them got a lot on currently and they are in a random folder with about another 15,000 photos, I may just get my buddy who has my LE temporarily to snap some photos for me.

Interested in seeing what you’ve done.

#7170 1 year ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Having some trouble with backhanding the left ramp on my game and was hoping to get some suggestions. I can get the shot up the ramp but can’t seem to ever make it feed all the way around. It always drops into the (sometimes completely inactive) upper playfield. Making the shot from the right flipper goes all the way around but it’s a more dangerous shot if I miss.
My game is pitched at 6.5 and flippers full power. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sounds like flipper fade. I’d back the flipper power off, to not heat up the coils so much. Also check to see if you have a broken coil stop.

#7183 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Add me to the list of "I've backhanded the left ramp". I've also, very rarely, backhanded the ambush scoop (from the right flipper).

Am I in the minority here? I regularly backhand every shot, except the two orbit shots with ease, using stock settings. I did however remove the fat star posts at the bottom of the slings and replaced them with standard skinny posts that Stern has always used there in the past.

1 week later
#7205 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Just received my topper and it plugs in were my animated grogu hooks up. Any type of work around?

I use Lermods and it works quite well. Have topper, Grogu, backbox amp, lower cabinet amp, all using one of the 4 connections off Lermods 4 way splitter. Thanks @lermods!

#7206 1 year ago

New code for our Mando out today, making it 1.42. Only IC related items however.

#7208 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Yeah, kind of a bummer… seems to suggest they haven’t had anyone working on the next update for Mando, if there were no game specific changes ready to be released with this update (like there were for a bunch of other titles).

Yes, it’s a bummer alright. Wish Dwight would give some more code love to our fab Mando’s.

#7213 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Won’t happen Sterns licence agreement was for season 1&2 they won’t pay to add more season content like strange things you won’t see season 3 or 4 added to any future runs of that.
I’d just love an overhaul of encounters, it would make the game alot better and less wood choppy opening up a lot of scenes and video clips not often seen.

Add to what you’ve mention, more topper code love. Certainly Stern can afford it for the price they’ve charged us. Please Xaqery increase functionality of the best topper ever made! Am sure you got another $2k for online selling your topper TWIPY you just received, lol. (Referencing Dwight’s speech joke: good one!)

1 week later
#7259 12 months ago

Thought season 3 was fun. Sure there were some stupid parts like Lizzo and Jack Black, but overall main parts continued the story arch. Just watched the 8th one last night. Would be good fun if Stern eventually offered season 3 as DLC. That’d be the only way they’d be motivated to offer it, I would think. I’m in if they ever do. Mando is one of my goto shooters.

1 week later
#7274 11 months ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

I have a Premium with maybe a couple hundred plays. My upper playfield left flipper is weak. When the ball drops onto the flipper, which is up to catch the ball, the flipper droops almost enough to drop the ball. When I flip it, it is barely able to get the ball over to the right flipper. Right flipper is fine. I took the cover off and used my finger to block the left flipper. The flipper stops at my finger, and I can push the flipper back down. When I try that with the right flipper, it flips my finger out of the way and locks into the upward position so that I can't push it down. I took the upper playfield assembly off, and took apart the left flipper. All the flipper assembly parts looked OK and everything was tight. I searched the forums, and the only thing I've found is some people have a wire that breaks, which stops the flippers from working altogether. That's not what I'm experiencing. I looked at the flipper rebuild kit, but none of the parts that come in the flipper rebuild kit seem to be worn on my machine. I'm thinking to just replace the coil (090-5032-ND). Before I order that, wanted to see if anyone had another suggestion about what could be causing the weak flipper. I've never had a flipper coil go bad, so I'm not sure of the symptoms. Since I haven't had it that long, seemed unlikely that the coil would have failed so soon. Thanks.

Sure sounds like you have a broken coil stop. A couple bucks to change that out and should be good to go.

#7276 11 months ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

Would that be the 090-5032-ND part?

Not the 090-5032-ND part, which is for the coil itself. The coil stop (pictured below) that’s at the end of the coil is what I think you’ll be needing. The way to test if it’s the needed part is press your finger against the bottom of the coil stop directly on the rivet and if it slightly moves, its broken. This is the exact part I’m talking about.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

IMG_0517 (resized).jpegIMG_0517 (resized).jpeg

#7283 11 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Hey folks,
I just installed my new topper. Question, the display on the topper is a bit crooked and it seems off. The right side is higher and the bottom part of the screen is cut off unless I step back. (I am not short, but decidedly average at 5'9"). This is giving me OCD. I did a brief couple of searches on this thread and didn't find anything. I am guessing I am not the first to encounter this issue. Any pointers on how to fix this? I am guessing I need to take the front off and adjust the mirror.
I have the wedge installed.
Thanks,

Yes, some tilted during shipment, with the only way to fix it is to take cover off, then adjust. At your height you should be able to see the bottom of the screen squarely. Topper made for 5’3” to see squarely and bottom of screen with wedge in place. I’m taller and see it no issues squarely, but my daughter is 5’4” and also see’s it squarely at the bottom.

1 week later
#7319 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Best is subjective, but here is ours. I currently have one left in stock.
https://lermods.com/products/the-mandalorian-pinball-animated-interactive-grogu

Good looking mod from Lermods. Works well if you put it on the child light and zip tie right wrist to ball gate. Get attract mode shut off switch too.

2 weeks later
#7391 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Sold my mando le a while back and kind of missed it so I picked up a loaded and I mean loaded pro and wow the pro I love so much better. Has the metal original wire forms instead of plastic and every mod made.
I do need two original apron cards and a middle sticker for the apron… anyone have one for sale??
Some idiot stuck to the coin box lid and it tore.
[quoted image]

Show us a photo of all the mods on the PF, thanks.

#7393 10 months ago

Mando, one of my all time favorite shooters. Change out the bottom star posts for original Stern slim posts and you have a completely different easier shooting game by back handing the all important right ramp. With slim posts installed, hit right ramp 90% of the time. I contend that’s the only reason for Mando being so underrated.

#7401 10 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Thunderbird do you have a part number and source for that Stern slim post? Some may think it is cheating, but I am all for a more playable game!

I see MarklarD listed where to buy the slim post already.

Was quite hesitant to make the change, but decided it’s not cheating, since Stern has used that slim post since the beginning on all their machines. They changed it at the build of Mando. Now without a doubt it’s pure nirvana for everyone in my family and me. The most critical shot in all of the game, just became 90% of the time back handle-able from the right flipper from the cradle position. Its almost like I can’t miss now! Before I had to really be on my A game to get that shot much of the time. For family members back handing, forget it. If everyone made this simple change from the fat star posts to the skinny posts, it changes Mando shooting experience from frustration to absolute joy! So much more fun, can’t recommend it enough.
It only makes sense geometry wise. I’m sure Brian Eddy did not design that shot with a star post in mind, since its so critical to the game to advance. Trying to hit that shot from the left flipper is very dangerous and the reason some people give up on the game imo. Players become too frustrated when they don’t need to be and its not cheating in any way. Sure it was a factory decision to put the star post in after Eddie had already designed the layout. Brain wouldn’t make Mando that frustrating on purpose.
Prior layouts at the time he was designing were all installed with slimmer posts on the slings. Just fix the geometry of the right flipper shot by reducing the blatant right sling lower post obstacle and wow, night and day experience. The shot is just too close to be otherwise and only becomes a pros timing shot of letting it roll down the flipper, then shooting and even then, its quite tough. If those that wrote off Mando tried this, they’d be back in for sure, imo. (I did add a small nylon washer under each of the slimmer posts.)

BTW, I have a purest son that didn’t want me to change them, but I told him, its not changing the layout, it’s only removing an obvious obstacle that shouldn’t have been there to begin with. I asked him, if a part that comes from the factory blocks the flow of the game, do you leave the error/mistake because it came from the factory that way???
He and his brother could only make the shot maybe 40% of the time and his sisters could rarely make it at all and our guests, forget it, lol. Now everyone can, so purest just being a purest because the factory did it that way, hmmmm, makes no sense to me. Most key shot in the game just became doable. Now the game is finally fun instead of frustrating!

Just a reminder how cool this game really is: https://www.ign.com/videos/mandalorian-pinball-machine-gets-pinballs-craziest-mod-ever-a-2000-holographic-topper

1 month later
#7480 8 months ago

Mando is such a great shooting Eddie game with top notch code by Dwight. Exciting every time I play it. Finally saw the last stage all the way through. Only motivates me to get back there again and again, because the layout is so addictive. Shots are balanced with easy medium and harder. But for backhanders, they’re all on the moderate except side shots.

#7487 8 months ago
Quoted from AweHellYeah:

I agree. Love this game. What settings do you use to increase your odds of getting all the way through the game. I am sure I will never get that far. I am just not that good at pinball. I like what they are doing with Venom where it saves your progress so at some point you will see the Wizard mode.

Use mainly stock settings on 3 ball. But have increased ball save times in certain areas. That helps a little. Mainly just trap up and back hand every shot. My drains come mainly from shooting the side targets and going for Hunter. Usually get all episodes every game, plus upper pf, but Dwight made qualifying Razor Crest more difficult by requiring Hunter to be completed and a Razor Crest hurry up in between each regular. Very addictive game. Not sure why some don’t like it. If they played it dialing in the shots, they’d like it. The other major help is changed the 2 lower sling posts to skinny, so backhanding from right flipper to the all important right ramp is made far easier.
IMG_9248 (resized).jpegIMG_9248 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from Scott-UK:

Does anyone else struggle with building the multiplier to x5 also? Boba fet is fine, scope also. but I just find that hunter doesn’t start that often for me and then when it does it’s just not the easiest to collect. I wish the hunter shots would revolve around instead of always being on the orbits.

Yea, struggle getting to x5, because shots to 2 stand ups are very dangerous.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

4,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 22.95
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.