IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG
IMG_9753 (resized).JPG
IMG_9731 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPG
mando_chal_777 (resized).png
mando_imp_2b (resized).png
2023-03-01T034349Z_606118462_RC2MKZ9F6JTJ_RTRMADP_3_TELEVISION-THE-MANDALORIAN-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#331 2 years ago

Mando LE has landed in CO! Will post up pictures later.

97279737-A673-4892-84AF-AA0A5BA7AE38 (resized).jpeg97279737-A673-4892-84AF-AA0A5BA7AE38 (resized).jpeg
#355 2 years ago

My kids love the UPF on our LE. When we first set it up yesterday they were like, "Dad, there is a mini pinball machine in the pinball machine!" Kids are fun.

While on the topic of UPF is anybody else getting their ass kicked with how fast it plays or is it just me?

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

There's going to be some sick mods for this pin!
Now, I know you can't easily mod the pf or cabinet artwork, but I cannot be the only one who thinks Grogu/Baby Yoda looks quite "off." I firmly believe Disney put in countless hours and focus groups into perfecting his look into some black-art-insta-love for the greater female/child population. There is a reason our wives request us buy Mando pins, and it's not for Mando, or the pin. It's freaking black magic/art in how cute that damn thing is - steals hearts.
However, unless an artist gets the Child's look DEAD-ON, it imho falls into an uncanny valley real quick, where it's no longer this creature that smacks you upside the head with an invisible love potion, but looks something more goofy, scowling, wrinkly, dumb, etc. - definitely not cute. This happens to nearly every after-market Grogu out there - Amazon is littered with shit renditions. There's only one that hits the nail on the head, hitting the golden ratios that make him look just like he is supposed to: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-sideshow-collectibles-400369
Am I... the only one that sees/thinks/wastes their time talking about this? It's literally the reason I picked up the Premium, other than being a Premium guy, because I thought the shit artwork on Grogu looked the best on the Premium, pf be damned on them all.
Still look forward to the pin/theme and even greater family interest!

You are not wrong. He is not quite as "cute" in a lot of the artwork. Regardless, my kids didn't seem to notice or care. They were besides themselves when it showed up and they saw "baby yoda" on the game.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Hey Guys new Owner here. What is the approiate pitch on this title? I'm at 7.5 and i struggle sometime making the ramps.

I run mine at 7 right now. Was hoping a stern designer would come out and say what they think the ideal pitch is for this particular game.

#553 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm the 0.97 code sufficiently tamed down the shaker on the LE. I am on vacation so I haven’t been able to install and see for myself.

1 week later
#684 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I did one dot of hot glue and done.

Where did you put the drop of hot glue?

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

On newly built premiums do you guys have to press the menu buttons with the strength of Hercules to get them to work? Someone besides me said their Pro was this way and I'm curious if I should request a new panel.

My LE is like this too. Probably a bad run of switches.

1 week later
#838 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Shooter lane needs some protection…
[quoted image]

How many plays and at what power?

#846 2 years ago

Mine still looks new at 300 plays with power turned down from day 1.

1 week later
#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Mando is the first game since Deadpool where the lockdown button actually feels fun and useful. It has some bugs still but its well integrated.

ST was also a good use. Seemed to make sense to use it to shoot the Vengeance.

1 week later
#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hey, does this anti-reflective glass really work. I agree, Mando has terrible reflection, but curious as to whether this work - anti-reflective glass. Where do you buy this glass from?
Thank you

Yea it works. I have voodoo glass on my games. You can get it from Melissa at Cointaker.

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Great, thank you. Just looked now... whats the difference between the InvisiGlass and the Voodoo glass??
Thanks again.

I believe slightly different formulas between them on the coatings. I have only had voodoo glass and Stern HD glass. I buy voodoo glass since cointaker is the sole distributor and I like supporting them.

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from BWelch:

Anyone change their flipper power? I’ve been messing with it, trying to find a sweet spot - what’s everyone running?

I am running them at 240. Can still hit all the backhanded shots.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

So the lamp to the right of Grogu’s head was loose when it came from the factory and kept going in and out. Tried pushing it back in, it slipped and fell back behind him. Got the flashlight out and shined it around back there. Nada. Tried the stick magnet. Nope. Shake it around a little bit, nothing falls out. So I grab the bag of spare bulbs.
Now there are 3 bulbs back there and an empty socket where the loose one used to be. 20+ games since then and still waiting for one or more of them to make an appearance.
Anyway if you have ham hands like me, go grab a shooter rod rubber instead of trying to fiddle it in there with your fingers. It’s not worth it. lol

Ha. That exact one was loose for me as well. I swapped that one and the one to the left of grogu with green. Looks so much better imo. Hard to appreciate the gentle glow from a photo but you get the idea.

B636CF6D-AAAD-4A61-BF19-FA1702744FBC (resized).jpegB636CF6D-AAAD-4A61-BF19-FA1702744FBC (resized).jpeg
#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I used some hot glue and it seems to be staying in place.

Same here. Hot glue has held it. I had the shaker off since day one and that bulb still kept coming out.

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Is the left ramp supposed to be off the playfield? The flap touches the ground but the ramp itself is raised above the playfield. I can't hit the left ramp from a cradled ball from either flipper. Do I suck?

Yes the ramp is off the playfield.

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

My lockbar is definitely tight as well. Doesn't seem to fit as well as my other stern (TMNT Prem)

Mine was tight as well and dug into the decal a little. Bent the tabs and all is good. Stern is also sending me a backup decal for the future.

#1458 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The lowest it will go.

Can you still backhand all the shots?

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Huh? We’re talking about the trough kick out.

Lol. Sorry man. Was thinking flippers. Nothing to see here.

1 week later
#1578 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Where are the tabs you bent?

I was referring to the part of the lockdown bar that goes into the cabinet that the latches attach to.

2 weeks later
#1876 2 years ago

New code running. Got to the foundry and every time I select something it would make a weird rejection sound. Just had to pick what I wanted and let it auto select after the timer runs out. Will see if this is a fluke or repeat issue.

Edit: Yep. I can no longer select items in the foundry any longer. My action button does work as well so that is not the issue.

#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Did u do a full install? I did the FULL install of 0.98 version game code and do not have the foundry issue.

I did a full install with verify and saw that issue right away.

#1899 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I just did a full install - error still there.
@ KozMCKPinball do you realize that when you select a foundry item if you push the action button the count down should stop immediately ?
Should not have to wait for it to count all the way down. The way it is now each time you change a selection, the timer is going back to 10 and you count down again from 10 to zero. You should be able to end the count down by selecting an item and pushing the action button. The action button no longer is ending the countdown.
Looks like Its an error in the updated code. The way it is now you could keep reselecting items for a very long time if you wanted, resetting the countdown timer by continually changing a selection.
Also so folks know - if you do a full install you will lose your high scores and presets.

I did a full and still have all my presets and scores. But foundry on my LE is still angry.

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

OK. Its just started happening (been fine up until today)... as the ball goes round the orbits (right to left), comes down the left orbit and SDTM. This has only just started happening... the Pin is level. Anyone??

Yeah. The left guide is working its way inward and exposing the post. Adjust it back out. I have had to do this a couple times already.

3 weeks later
#2314 2 years ago

Sometimes on a hard shot to the u turn shot the game will not register the shot has been made. Does this happen to anyone else? I imagine the ball is getting slightly airborne/riding up the guide and not triggering the switch? This happens on orbit shots on my Maverick too...

Yes. Haven’t tracked down why yet.

1 week later
#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I have 500 games on mine with no Cliffy and it’s not cracked.

I put my cliffys on at 620 plays with no cracks…but I was really tempting fate.

#2457 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anybody get a ball stuck in the U turn behind the right scoop when it is down? I have seen the ball go right to left on occasion in the U turn and stopped by the down scoop.

Only once so far. 650 plays in.

#2491 2 years ago

Did anybody else notice Stern no longer has the Mando accessories on their store?

#2494 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I'm curious if there's any chance of some Book of Boba Fett content being added to the code. That would be really cool and would be a creative way for Disney to market the new show through existing locations.

Probably a better chance of a Book of Bobba Fett pin than an update to Mando. Depends how much Stern keeps going to the Star Wars well. Randy Martinez is working on another pin and he is who Disney wants doing Star Wars art…so who knows??

#2497 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Anyone know what this is? It just fell off and was in the inlane. Not sure what it is.
[quoted image]

Guarantee it is the grogu spotlight.

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Or right side upper playfield spotlight flasher.

Good point!

#2526 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Book of Boba Fett, Ashoka and Obi-Wan end up being juggernaut hits for Disney like Mando, you can bet Disney will be keen to license them for every dime they can, so we might get to see Randy again. Curious what he can do outside the Star Wars universe as that is the only work of his I have seen.

https://www.randymartinez.art/illustration

Also this if you want to keep the BTTF rumor train running.

https://www.randymartinez.art/product-page/back-to-the-future-san-diego-comic-con-2017-exclusive-le-print

2 weeks later
#2715 2 years ago
Quoted from tgrasser:

Just a bit of an update for anyone that might be interested… I got the chance to hit up the Stern pinball room at SD Comic Con “Special Edition” this weekend and sunk a bunch of time into both machines plus several others. The con itself was very meh but thanks to the low attendance I was able to get 7-8 hours of pinball in!
After all the plays I’m definitely going with Mando, it honestly wasn’t even close for me. The cohesion of theme with what’s going on the field really stood out and was way more enjoyable. Also the fact that the Razorcrest multiballs are easy to trigger really helps get something interesting going quickly which will be nice when novice folks come over to play. I know Godzilla has some interesting things to get to but honestly even after several hours of general play across all the machines I still couldn’t really get anything interesting going, though I did still somehow get a ~55 million score on one play. All just kind of baffling… Anyway, I’m sure I could get there with Godzilla but can definitely see it being a turn off when friends come over, particularly after playing a round with a friend who stopped by the room for a bit yesterday.
A few other machines stood out to me including Deadpool, AIQ and a JP premium with a shaker. By the time I left, AIQ was probably second place for me overall, though JP with a shaker was just badass—the general game play wasn’t pulling me in much.
Speaking of shakers, how do folks feel about it for Mando? Does it add enough to justify the added maintenance? Do the impacts even make sense with the game play? I know the install is pretty easy but after talking with the dealer it sounds like there will be extra time spent tightening/replacing screws and what not if I do install one.

The shaker is too much for me in Mando. Maybe if they turned down the intensity or made it adjustable in the menu so then we could tune intensity and frequency. I disabled it after the first day of unboxing my LE. Other stern games with shakers are great to me. But yea t was just obnoxious on Mando.

#2718 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Just set it to minimal in the settings

Minimal just adjusts the frequency of its triggering. Not the intensity when it does.

#2723 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

To adjust intensity you can adjust the actual position of the weights in the shaker.

For sure. I need to get a new hex wrench. The one I used to try to adjust it rounded off the edges of my hex wrench. Need to find a stouter wrench. Then I will offset it 90 degrees from the other.

1 week later
#2792 2 years ago

Code updated. I like the new post modes. Feels great having clean orbits all the time except when the ball needs to be diverted. First ball on plunge I nailed the U-turn and started the new mini mode Dwight added then hit a lit shot and got a million points.

#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Anyone notice the upper playfield doesn’t go flat with the new code or is this an issue with mine? It worked fine yesterday. In test mode it barely moves

I am seeing some weirdness with the upper playfield as well and it triggering from the encounter ramp. Haven’t fully characterized it yet. Might need to take the glass off and mess around.

1 week later
#2963 2 years ago

Code loading into the game now. Most excited for the encounter updates.

#2973 2 years ago

Wouldn't that be considered "when needed"? When else would it be needed?

I think it raises for super pops as well.

#3086 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For the SDTM issues there is the perfect space and mounts available to put a one way gate up there for anyone getting continual SDTM issues. I think it should have been there from design, there is no 5th roll over switch so why have the ability for it to trickle out and miss the roll overs that the magnet is supposed throw it down?

Agreed. This is one of the more frustrating aspects of the game. It is meant to be a reward and more often than not it is a punishment.

1 month later
#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

so the new code does NOT include insider connected?

Probably still in licensing hell along with the topper! Downloading new code as we speak.

1 week later
#3601 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

My outlanes are on the lowest position, due to a mod I wanted to fit and because the outlanes where insanely greedy at 7 degrees, it’s a lot better now but it’s still a drain monster that requires some good nudging.

Do you recommend any good YouTube tutorials on proper nudging techniques?

1 week later
#3799 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Book of Boba Fett series finale today, announcement on the Mando machine tomorrow...
A bit of irresponsible, wild speculation: Could this mean some "beyond Season 2" content for the machine?

By just numbering all the sub modes on the playfield and not specifically naming them on the playfield this gives them flexibility to swap content as needed. So maybe we do get content updates as the shows continue?

#3803 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Some Boba Fett content would be cool, could those targets on the right be used for more?

Interesting idea. Light some boba fett multipliers and hit some other shots and play a boba fett mini mode themed on the boba fett series?

#3824 2 years ago

This summarizes every morning for me.

296D0F49-85CE-4F31-8F46-0D07ECD0BCA5 (resized).jpeg296D0F49-85CE-4F31-8F46-0D07ECD0BCA5 (resized).jpeg
#3857 2 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

It came on my Mando made 12/30/21.

If you remove the stern decal on the shooter housing there will be two holes. These are holes for the lighted shooter rods like JP. Rather than have two shooter housings they just use the one with holes and cover it with a sticker if lights aren’t needed. I powdered my B66 housing and you can see the holes that were under the Stern sticker I removed. The stern decal covers the whole face of the shooter.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4044 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

While I have my game in bits again “curse you grogu!!” I noticed my main ramp where it connects to the second part of the ramp behind the back board looks like it was cut by a blind man during an earthquake.
Anyone else’s look this bad?
[quoted image]

My LE looks exactly like that. So I guess they were all made that way.

#4057 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yes, tightening a flipper bat is one place where "shit" becomes an actual measurement. You need to make it tight as shit or it will do the same thing again.

Haha. You are so right. I find the T handle allen wrenches the best to use to get to “shit” level of tightness.

#4097 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

I was doing a play field vacuum and clean up last night. Don't know how I missed this on the first go round. I'm missing some rubber(s) here. Can't find any pictures on the web or the forums showing this post. Am I missing one or two?[quoted image]

That post has no rubber. I don’t have any on mine either.

#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Ok I tried this, reduces a bit but doesn’t feel as smooth as the stern shaker on my other machines.
Is that likely the shaker or how it’s coded?
Might just send it back. Never had this issue before.

FWIW the stern shaker in my LE even after adjustment of the weights shakes too much for my tastes.

#4203 2 years ago

Seems like we lost all momentum from awhile back that there was going to be big Mando news coming from Stern. Hopefully the Disney licensing flood gates open soon.

#4212 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

robin can we get a mod in here to tag some key posts? There’s a lot of really useful posts that have to be repeated for new owners who unfortunately miss them.

Can the thread owner not make key posts?

#4215 2 years ago

New Star Wars code with IC just dropped…so Disney licensing logjam opening up???

1 week later
#4292 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

R rated speech & 83 achievements!!
Thank you Xaqery

Code!!! DeadFlip streaming new code tonight. Wouldn’t it be cool if the topper was on that machine…

#4295 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You would like to think if Stern have been sending approvals over to Disney/Lucasfilm for Star Wars and Mando IC, that they would also be pushing approvals for Mandos topper too.
Doubt it will be on code tonight unless it’s a newer version than this with topper implementation added. Would LOVE to see it though Mando is my fav game in a long time!

Maybe they strategically left it off the release notes

#4315 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Can't get my Premium to take the newest code, I don't have the insider connection I wonder if that's why????

Should still take. My LE without IC just updated fine about 30 minutes ago.

2 months later
#4906 1 year ago

So at this point in the day is it safe to assume no topper reveal?

#4908 1 year ago

Probably not. Big miss. Wasn't Mando teased May 4th last year?

I believe so.

#4929 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

When is that stream from? Looks recent from jacks appearance.

This past week.

1 month later
#5199 1 year ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

I cut it in half from the factory setting (30->15?) and my Outland drains from the sling have gone down quite a lot. The logic with halving it being that if it hits the lower sling it will still undershoot the outline versus raising the sling power and having the issue of draining in the outline when it hits lower on the sling.

I lowered mine at one point and I noticed I wasn’t getting the playfield multipliers as much and my scores went down. I am back to stock and just trying to play better, but I still get a lot of brutal outlane drains. Someday I will suck less.

3 months later
#5911 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Yeah.. so in certain modes, Mando goes all red too…

Yep and I like those odds mini wizard mode gets pretty dark as well.

#5912 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Debating on trading my cactus canyon SE for a premium Mando because my wife has a hard time seeing the ball when the GI goes all red like when battling bionic Bart. Just would like some opinions from here if possible.
I love CCR, but also love the theme of Mando but have only played 2 games on a Mando and had no idea what to do.
Thank you

I thought there was a menu setting to disable the color changing GI and have it go to “classic” warm lighting.

1 week later
#5977 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It varies game to game like most things in pinball, my LE had quite a bit of play, my mates LE had barely any so he went with the skinny posts.
If your super keen on keeping the factory look, carefully and slowly drill out the star posts with a slightly bigger drill bit, should work fine and give you a little wiggle room.

It really is quite interesting how such little variations make such a big difference. On my LE I can backhand the right ramp almost 100% of the time and have made zero adjustments to the post from the factory. However if I couldn’t hit that shot that would be devastating to my progress in the game. I definitely support folks doing what is needed to be able to make that shot as I believe the design intent was for it to be a good consistent backhand shot.

#6048 1 year ago

It appears the topper color scheme is matched closest to the LE.

#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Couple things I was wanting to ask the rest of the club about or just mention:
1. Question: Has anyone else tried the “Minimal Use” shaker motor setting? I was wanting to tone down the shaker in my machine but found this setting to be no different than “Maximal Use.” I ended up just disabling my shaker and tbh I think I like having it off more than having it "Maximal Use." Partially because I tend to play later at night (when my son is asleep two floors above) and I'd rather hear the game than the rattling, but also because I think the shaker is a little too intense. I was gonna submit this as a "bug" to Stern but wanted to check with the club real quick.
2. Question: Does anyone have a strong opinion *in favor of* the Upper Playfield flipper(s) (pro or premium) being enabled during normal play? I feel like this should be an adjustment that can be set to the owner's preference. Beyond putting unnecessary miles on the upper flippers, having them enabled also generates a lot more machine noise. I'd love to be able to turn that off to quiet the machine down a little bit. Was going to suggest/request this in my bug report email to Stern, but wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in thinking this.
3. Comment: I put some "Precision Flip" flippers (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/23#post-7207078) on my Mando last night and had some of my best games right after. Can't really prove that they were the reason for the improvement, but there's a whole thread of people with similar experiences to mine (feeling like shot consistency/repeatability improved). I'd recommend giving these a shot if you're interested. They also look pretty awesome, which doesn't hurt.[quoted image]

Shaker is too much for me as well. It is done well on many other stern games but ruins the experience for me on Mando which is sad. If done right the game would be awesome with a shaker. I even offset one of the shaker weights 90 degrees and it was still too intense compared to all my other games with shakers. I think our best hope is a software fix. Xaqery - Can I have an “I’m a delicate flower” shaker setting that takes it down a few notches?

1 week later
#6264 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Looks like "The heat is on" achievement still isn't fixed Xaqery
I used this multiple times last night while logged in with insider connected, and it's still not awarded when used.
[quoted image]
Also hit a few issues with lamps and playfield inserts not being restored when the ball drains from the upper playfield while the encounter intro plays (often when the ball sneaks in to start the encounter). The only way to get the inserts and lamps back is to drain or start a multiball / mission mode. The game knows the ball is no longer in the upper playfield as playfield tagets respond when hit, it's just the inserts and lamps are off. This happened on a few occasions during the play session.
Some other feedback on the current code (Premium 1.40):
- Ambush now worth more, which is nice. Still find it a little dull to shoot though and would have loved to see additional shot logic. Would also have loved to earn Beskar and / or some extra fountry items from it. Bigger points on offer will have me play it more often though instead of waiting it out like I normally would.
- No highscore table for Ambush though? This would have been worth including and not sure why it was ommited. Would also have loved to see some additional high score table entries for things like Beskar collected / spent, items purchased, individual missions & multiballs, etc. I think there's a lot of room there for better high score entry tracking, giving players something extra to aim for and bragging rights.
- Points award for the scope shot I think needs to be increased or changed to another award. The other two shots (2 foundry items & beskar) are far more valuable than a few million points in a high scoring game.
- Would still love to see a timer added to the challenge mode, giving players the chance to either go for points or speed run it.

I still can’t get the flamethrower achievement either. So it’s not just you and I agree it doesn’t seem fixed.

#6300 1 year ago

Recently passed 1000 plays here at home. Still really enjoying the game.

3056D28D-670F-4AEA-9E65-B047F826B1CD (resized).jpeg3056D28D-670F-4AEA-9E65-B047F826B1CD (resized).jpeg
#6303 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Love to see an LE in a home where it gets played and not just "collected!"
That mirrored backglass is so awesome.

Yes it is a beautiful game. Yeah you see a lot of LEs for sale that are hardly ever played. I like my games to look good but I also play them.

#6369 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Congrats. But I think the blue looks weird. Like it was an afterthought and doesn't match at all. Maybe it's me..
Also.. curious if anyone else is struggling with their mando. We have a pro. 6 months or so now, so honeymoon is over. 1.40 code now. Kinda not loving it. Bricked shots, side drains, sdtm, and just can't advance at all. It seems brutal. I went thru this with both TMNT and AIQ premium and just had enough after a while. Any thoughts?

I think they designed the color scheme to better match the LE which I think is a bummer. Would have liked to see a good blend so it looked great on any version. As far as brutal…there was a time where I was pretty sure I was going to take it to the back yard, light it on fire and dance around it. I was really frustrated. Then at around 750 games something started to click and I can consistently make shots and progress to mini wizard modes, etc. Not sure where you are on play count, but for me it got better.

#6419 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I think you made some good points and there were a few that have been bothering me for a little while now also.
The main one for me is access to the foundry. I find it's never "open" enough and when it is open, I'll usually just be buying the same items (flame thrower, amban rifle and if I'm lucky, extra ball). The rest of the items rarely get a look in as I know it's going to be awhile (if at all) that I'm back again.
Being able to collect beskar and purchase items is such a cool feature of the game play but I find it's just never available enough during a single game. In part because Beskar can be slow to aquire at times and also the requirements to open it are not immediately clear or frequent enough. Please Xaqery open this up more often and let us buy those items!
Your point about the lit mission inserts being hidden behind multiball inserts is another that's started to bug me and really hope that can be improved in the next update.
Ambush is certainly improved in terms of reward, although I'd love to see beskar feature as part of that reward. I still don't find the mode overly interesting to shoot, but at least there are now bigger points and some multipliers on offer making the risk of playing it more worthwhile. I'd love to see some animatins on the display too as you progress and change phases of this mode. It would feel much more immersive to the event and episode the ambush is themed on.
I don't know if this counts as a bug, but there are times where I will trap the ball during a mission, use the flame thrower and then try to use my smart missile - but it won't allow me to as it's in the instant info screen. My expectation would be that if I'm trapped up, I should be able to use items.

I started focusing on completing Hunter more often. Great way to get a lot of Beskar and you get a playfield multiplier. Doing this I can buy an extra ball quite often from the foundry.

1 week later
#6493 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

This is the third instance I've heard of this particular problem (broken coil wire) plus my own experience last week (left flipper coil too) makes at least 4. I wonder if it's the same Stern build tech responsible for these....send him back to Solder School, lol![quoted image]

I just fixed a broken wire on my upper playfield left flipper. Went from intermittent to just not working. Fortunately the mini playfield removes easily. Also replaced coil stops and sleeves while it was off the machine. Game had a little over 1000 plays when this happened.

2 weeks later
#6575 1 year ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:

For those with the topper, do you tilt yours at an angle somewhat?
I'm 5'11" and with mine installed, about 20% of the bottom is not viewable.
I can't see the bottom hologram information at all such as the beskar.

Did you get the wedge with it? I am 5’9” but have no issues seeing all of it with the wedge installed.

#6616 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hoping for a big update to the topper soon.

Have you heard anything about this or just hoping?

#6628 1 year ago

Seems like a pretty weak update. What about the random resets? I haven't updated in a long ass time cause it always seems like there is an issue with every new update.

I take every update and have pretty much plowed through everything but the final wizard mode and can’t remember the last time I had it lock or reboot on me.

#6696 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Do you need insider connect to have the topper working, or just missing out on some statistics? But all the gameplay is there.

I don’t think you need IC. The progressive Beskar counter is tied to the game not an IC account. On mine it keeps progressing up from where it left off regardless who is logged in and also if nobody is logged in. The other mini wizard also isn’t directly tied to your IC account.

3 weeks later
#6792 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My high score so far is 350 million w my average game being about 80 million; trying to get my average above 100 mill so I get longer ball times;
Any tips for breaking a billion or half a billion? Or for becoming more consistent

Extra balls and multipliers. Don’t forget about Hunter. You get a multiplier and a bunch of Beskar so you can buy the light extra ball from the foundry. Also make sure to progress through 2 missions so when you light the third you also light extra ball.

#6795 1 year ago

Extra Ball lights for me at 2nd mission lit. Pre IC code.

Maybe I changed mine to 3 to make it harder. It is a menu option. Can’t remember the default.

2 weeks later
#6872 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

RIP to one of the razorcrest guns. I guess an airball hit it during a multiball
[quoted image]

Yep. Superglue. I have lost them a couple times. Superglue holds great until the next airball.

#6888 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

So I had this planned months ago but the last quarter of last year was rough what with the misses and her health dramatically declining. But things have began to pick up the last few weeks so back on the pinball train.
Finally got round to completing and finishing up my Beskar Camtono mod, internally lighted with an amber light like in the show and compete with a stack of Beskar. Mounting this either on the pop bumper or at the front of the right hand ramp plastic.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would love to see a couple pics in the proposed mounting spots.

1 month later
#7082 1 year ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

As our day 2 mod of this 7 day event, we bring you the Mandalorian "This Is The Way" speaker panel accent. This accent piece for your Mandalorian (Pro , Premium, Le) pinball machine brings a bit of Beskar Armor to your game! Made from laser cut metal and powder coated in the Beskar powder that is on the Le games from the factory, this piece is a simple yet impactful cosmetic addition to an already great looking game. Reach out with any questions. We will have a few of these at the Texas Pinball Festival and will have more available within the next few weeks following the show as they are in production. Price is $80.00. For more information and to order yours now please visit
https://backalleycreations.com/collections/mandalorian-pinball-mods/products/this-is-the-way-speaker-panel-accent
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m in. Looks great.

1 month later
#7255 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They adding more code to the topper or what? Only way I’m dropping 2k on it is if there is a bunch more to be added.

I’m not holding my breath, but sure would be cool to see.

3 weeks later
#7327 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I was using the Ethernet port in the back box for my stern insider but since I got the topper that had to be removed . Do I use this Ethernet port instead ? What is that weird stick dongle ? Does it do anything. ? Thanks
[quoted image]

I use that one. That is just a dummy plug for the jack.

#7350 9 months ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

My Mandalorian Premium is in a weird state where every switch hit is awarding +2 beskar, including every time I press a flipper. Tried rebooting and it keeps doing it. I thought maybe some contact was stuck, but I don’t see in the rules how you would even get +2 beskar for something. Any ideas on either what may be causing this or what would have to normally happen to award +2 beskar so that I know where to look?

Check the switch behind the pops.

2 weeks later
#7396 9 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I am able to easily make those backhand shots with the stock posts. There is a little bit of wiggle room on the post hole so you can loosen it and push it to the right and retighten. That should give you enough clearance to make the shots if you currently can’t.

Same. I can hit it consistently. I will say if I couldn’t it would completely change the game for me. So do what you need to do so backhands work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=thekaiser82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.