Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t3quila.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4517 2 years ago

This is what it looks like on mine
Looks like you neeed to bend that over maybe so you can get that screw in?

IMG_20220318_132308 (resized).jpgIMG_20220318_132308 (resized).jpg

#4525 2 years ago

When you use the whistling birds in a mission to spot you the shots, does it also give you the points for those shots or does it just advance the mode.

I usually hit it when I'm about to drain but if i don't get the points for the shots it spots, I will have to alter my strategy.

The whistling birds animation replaces the end of mode animation where it would show the point total, so I can't really tell if i got extra points, or not.

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

We do not, we sell strictly via word of mouth/testimonial....simply hit us up via PM ...additionally you can find dozens and dozens of post/pics here on Pinside for all the things we get in to....
Matt
M&M Creations

Brand new Mando Premium owner here.
Stupid question: What issue fixes this kit? Anything I should look out for?

#4541 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

it seems that the switch in the horseshoe loop does not always register the shot if it is too fast. You can adjust the switch a bit but a reed switch (magnetic) seems to do the trick better. I had some rejects on that shot but manage it still to a minimum.

Thank you for the explanation. I'll keep an eye out to see if I have the same problem. So far I didn't notice it, but since I'm not a good player, the machine keeps me busy otherwise and I just may have missed it.

Anyone using Titan rubbers on there and if so, do you like it? On my previous machine it came with Superbands and they made it play a lot easier because the ball would just drop dead on the flippers, but I want to get better so I'm looking for an alternative that plays truer to regular rubber without all the dirt. Friend of mine suggested going all transparent. Any opinions on that?

#4545 2 years ago
Quoted from njenabnit:

Does anyone have trouble on the left ramp with rejects? I have to hit a super smooth shot to not get a rattle around reject. I feel like I'm hitting it clean enough but still get a reject. I've just this morning added my Cliffy's so I can feel a bit better about practicing that shot, but still.... any tweaks on the left ramp?

From the right, I get rejects every now and then unless I grace the posts- those get always rejected. I still can make it with the backhand from the left, though that needs to be pretty accurate to go all the way up.

#4548 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Joining the club today. What are the must have mods for this game other than the moving grogu? Hoping to see good stuff at TPF.

I added armor, art blades, shaker and shooter rod and like it so far.

#4553 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Pinball Universe makes a kit that includes modifications to the left ramp. I installed it and the ramp is butter smooth with a clean shot.
Shots still clunk if they’re slightly off, though. It’s a tighter shot than it looks.

That support bracket for the orbit is brilliant. I have that problem that it hammers it back after a few games regardless how much I crank down there. Am trying a dab of gorilla super glue right now to affix the screw to the tab. If that breaks lose I'm gonna print one like that. PETG hopefully should not disintegrate, PLA is too brittle I would presume.

#4559 2 years ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Just joined today. Have a couple issues
1) Left orbit ball guide keeps popping back behind the post so it gets thrown down the middle. Unscrewed and it poops back behind the post.

Was just fighting with exactly the same issue. Friend of mine gave me the following advise:
Use a dab of gorilla glue to fuse the screw to the tab.

I bought the gorilla super glue gel because it has a very fine applicator. I bent the guide a little so it's natural resting position without the screw is pretty much where I want it to be. That's important, because the glue sets pretty quick so you don't have a lot of time to fiddle, and additionally you don't want extra strain while it is curing. To bend it, I used two pliers - one to hold the guide in place and one to actually bend it right next to the first one - and bent it right below the next tab up, a few inches up the guide that's screwed down.

I put the screw in a magnetic nut driver and put just a couple of small dabs of the glue on the underside of the screw head and screwed it down. Magnetic setter is nice, because you won't drop the screw with the glue anywhere and make a mess.

Let it cure for 24 hours.

I tried it and it held up through a handful games so far but I have no idea how long it will hold yet.
E6000 glue is the next step up, but it's application is a nightmare, because once you start it, it just keeps squirting out of the tube and you'll likely glue the screw to your nut setter.

I used very little glue, cause I didn't want to glue the tab to the clear coat.

I may print a standoff bracket like in that kit mentioned above if all else fails.

1 week later
#4628 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Don’t recall seeing it discussed much, but what are folks setting their inclines at? I had been at 6.6 or so until tonight, bumped it up to 7.0; seems to make the orbits a lot easier to hit and the game seems to play a lot more “clean.”
Curious what others are set at (and why, if there’s a specific reason).

Mine is at 7.1* because I reused my legs from my AIQ that I traded for at a show which was set to 6.8 and it came out to be 7.1* on this machine.
Plays fairly brutal this way. I can just about make the left backhand ramp shot. At the show where I got it from it was set up significantly lower and played more benign. I may lower it but currently I'm still willing to fight it.

#4637 2 years ago

It seems only one out of five times I get actually one of the rollovers. Most of the time its middle or back to the right orbit, and 1 out of 5 it's SDTM. I was hoping they are going to fix the algorithm pulsing the magnet that at least more than half the times you have a chance to get anything else than the last item on the list.

#4643 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

I am going to have to contact technical support. Definitely something not right on my game. Last night every switch was triggering score, including just flipping the flippers. The issue stopped for a bit, and then came back... I got to 1B totally legit right

Make sure all plugs are seated on the boards if you haven't done that yet. They have a tendency to rattle loose during transport. Unlikely that that is the issue, but might as well look if you have the playfield up.

1 week later
#4712 2 years ago
Quoted from cmblego:

Got my first pinball machine yesterday a Mandalorian Premium and after the first game when the wire ramp came falling off that I was missing this screw. I've checked all throughout the cabinet and play field and can't find it. Does anyone know what the specs for the screw are so I can get a temporary replacement from the hardware store?
Other than that the game has been a blast! I do need to try y'alls equalizer suggestions as any volume over 8 has some serious buzzing/rattle from the subwoofer.
[quoted image]

I see on your pictures too that you have damage on the wireform above the weld spots. On my AIQ it was so bad that the ball would drop off if it was fast enough because it jumped there. The replacement was smooth. On my Mando I have that too but the it's not to a point where the ball falls off at least not at the pitch I have. I wonder if they switched the manufacturer for the wireforms, or due to supply chain issues they simply don't sort the damaged ones out anymore.

#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from torpedo2k:

Anyone figure this out yet from Insider Connect?[quoted image]

Curious myself, wondering if you have to play around midnight.

1 week later
#4794 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, so changed the pitch to 6.5, I which is the lowest I could get it, back legs all the way down. I was actually at 7.3 before. First two games were better, not quite as furious. Third game...bam! Pitch really does matter for this game..most of my games are set between 7-7.5. not going to touch the outlanes for now. Thanks for the advice.
[quoted image]

Mine is at 7.1* and I have the same experience as you: It's just brutal. I bought it off a show and it was at 6.5 there and it played a lot more forgiving. I'm almost there to bring it down to 6.5* as well. The reason why I haven't yet is, that usually at location they are that steep and I wanted to get better at it, but I'm at a point where I'm just frustrating myself.

2 months later
#5429 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have this same issue, and its tough to replicate when it happens (I am trying to figure this out so as to be able to report it as a bug to Dwight). But its the same as you - sometimes, in Encounter 1, you leave the upper playfield and it screws up the pitch for later Encounters. I have seen it go completely flat and stay there, and also completely steep. I think it has something to do with starting scope and / on Ambush, which causes the UPF to move (I think it goes completely steep). Then the game, on occasion, gets confused and doesn't fix itself for the next Encounter.

I have occasionally that issue as well, I thought it originated from some of multi balls that allow you to get in there. I had it on some occasions that it was so vertical the flippers could barely reach the switches anymore after I drained out of the MB.

2 months later
#5894 1 year ago

Anyone trying to update 1.30 to 1.31 via the built in OTA code updater?
It finds there is a new version, but the speed is so slow it seems to just give up after a few minutes at 0% and 1000+ hour estimate.
This worked before with the update to 1.30, and i have free bandwidth galore. My AP says it's connection is decent to the machine.
Is just Stern's servers overloaded? I tried last night and today.

1 week later
#5918 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Any rumours on what it is?

Supposedly it is like the bounty puck with a "hologram" coming out of it - 1k price tag or something. Just rumor though.

#5919 1 year ago
Quoted from aalbertson3:

I'm running into the same issue. Updated all my other Stern machines with no problem. I'll try the download again tonight and if that fails it might be time for a thumb drive install.

I finally gave up and just connected an ethernet cable to it - still took several hours on a 1GB line but at least it finished. I can't imagine that this is feasible if you have a dozen machines on location.

#5921 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Has anyone actually completely beat mando yet?
and how the hell do you do it, my ball bounces around like nuts, then drains most of the time STDM .. very damn annoying.

Try coop mode, my skill level is not anywhere near where it needs to be to ever beat that machine. Every now and then I just start a coop mode game and essentially double / triple / quadruple the amount of balls to see the different wizard modes.

2 weeks later
#6015 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Highly recommend cliffy protection on the left ramp. As has been said before in this forum. The Stern factory cliffy is not sufficient. My cliffy’s came in and I was shocked to find a crack in the plastic hidden under the factory protector. The cliffy is twice as long and a bit thicker. Some epoxy and cliffy later and the ramp shot is smoother than ever. I was getting rejects because of the rattle where the plastic cracked.

I think that is a design flaw - the left ramp will break after a while on any machine.
I assume it is cost prohibitive for Stern to make new protectors and throw the protectors that they have already in stock / on order away especially considering the cost for development and testing cycle of a new part.
Rather unfortunate, but they did send a replacement ramp fairly quick.

3 months later
#6844 1 year ago
Quoted from grimgrinnin:Hello there,
I just picked up a Mandalorian Pro second had from a Pinsider. I'm a pinball noob, but have what I think is a bug. Either that, or I'm AMAZING at pinball. Every once in a while, a game will start and every time the flippers are pressed, points and beskar are added. Here's a video:

Also, I just scored 1.3 Billion points in a game that lasted maybe 10 minutes, and I didn't finish any encounters or missions or anything. Points just kept racking up like crazy in a multiball. I searched, but didn't find anything - is this a common issue?[quoted image]

No that is not normal. It sounds like one of the switches is registering over and over. If it is points and beskar i would guess it's one of the pop bumpers.
Go into the service menu switch test and see if there are any switches closing that shouldn't be, nudge the machine a little bit. That should help you track it down. That's the first step, figuring out which of the switches it is or even more than one.
Once you've figured that out we'll help you fixing it. There are tutorials how to go about adjusting switch gaps. It's very easy once you know how. Keep us posted and if the finding steps are too general i can make some pics.

#6871 1 year ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

RIP to one of the razorcrest guns. I guess an airball hit it during a multiball
[quoted image]

Super glue maybe?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t3quila.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=t3quila and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.