Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_5195 (resized).JPG
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1719 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hey folks

My encounter ramp broke after 15 plays (left side, cracked right where the screw takes all the pressure). Stern sent a new ramp, but to my eyes appears to be the exact same. If I install it, it will surely crack again.

Is there a new protector or something I should be asking Stern for before I install the ramp?

Thanks in advance!

Quoted from Waxx:

Cliffy makes protector if you are worried.

He actually makes one for both sides of the ramp. https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/Mick-mando-rt-001.jpg

#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I think Mando is not in a good place right now. BBBBBuuuuttttt, I think it is going to be one of those games where the code update is going to change the experience completely. In my honest opinion, the shots are so tough but feels really good when I Make them.

I sure hope so but I don't feel like Dwight has the greatest track record on tweaking and re-working code to address gameplay issues that are exposed by extensive play by the pinball community. I feel like TMNT is in a very similar place right now. It's a real shame because you can tell Dwight is passionate and excited about his rulesets when the games release and he's obviously a very capable rules designer and coder. But for whatever reason he lacks the follow through to really fill out and balance his games after release to take advantage of extensive public play testing. Frankly, it's probably due to short timelines and needing to move onto the next game rather than seeing a game across the finish line but who really knows.

#1734 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Agreed - but the big question is when will the code be updated. Don't have a wonderful outlook on that knowing who is doing to coding.

For what it's worth, I'm guessing that any code updates that are ready or near ready will be released when Insider Connected is official released.

1 week later
#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

3 - I think I will add a tweak to the disable top pot adjustment. It will have 3 settings: DISABLED, CHILD, NORMAL defaulting to NORMAL. The new setting will only bring up the top post when the child is lit. I will add the CHILD setting to the INSTALL DIRECTORS CUT.

Wait, so you mean the post being up ISNT a conspiracy to sell more Insider Connected kits? haha, that other dude sure had me convinced!

In all seriousness though, I love how you're willing to engage with the owner communities about coding decisions and future changes for this game and the others that you code.

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I would guess that Stern will do another update to squash that error.

You'd really think so but for context, TMNT's Final Battle mode and Final Battle Challenge still don't have audio since the last code update about 5 months ago.

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

That's insane. Have people reached out to Dwight about this? Surely they have... I have to believe something as major as this will be addressed at some point.

Have you known pinheads to not be vocal about issues? haha. I believe it will be updated soon when Insider Connected is implemented in the code, but it has been a known issue for nearly half a year.

#2040 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t believe the issues on games Dwight codes are his fault, you can see the passion he puts into his code when they do the reveal streams and he deep dives into the rules, on podcasts you can hear his passion and the crazy amount of thought he puts into trying to make each code packages different from the last.

While I am not going disagree that Stern likely doesn't give him enough time to work on his games post-release, there does seem to be a pattern that is hard to ignore relating to polish and bug fixes, at least recently. Surely at some point, a Lead Game Developer has some responsibility and authority when it comes to the development of the game. A quick update to restore previous functionality broken by an update should be relatively simple (but what do I know) and a relatively high priority in my mind.

#2051 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

what Dwight codes is often some of the best when it comes to theme integration

You know, I never thought about that as a feature of his games but looking at his Stern Spike games, he really does seem to consistently nail that aspect. Thanks for pointing that out, it's always nice to appreciate the positive and not get stuck on just the negatives.

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

is there a way to toggle between green (multiball) and blue (hurry-up) razercrest modes? Or does it just alternate?

It just alternates.

1 month later
#2518 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody know if the “Making of the Mandalorian” seminar from expo is available anywhere? Or, in lieu of that, any interesting nuggets of info that were revealed during it? I know cameras weren’t allowed in the stern virtual factory tour, but wasn’t sure if that rule extended to the other seminars.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1191167511 @ 8:19:30

#2589 2 years ago

From the latest Readme file:

- Changed how and when the action button works regarding equipment.
- As before, there are two types of presses: HELD and SHORT. HELD is
holding the button down for some time. SHORT is a quick tap of the
button.
- You can now use the Flame Thrower any time you want if it is available.
- The action button will be orange or toggle orange and another color
if you also have other equipment lit that is applicable.
- To use the Flame Thrower press and hold the button down. Soon it will
begin setting shots on fire from right to left across the game. When
you release the button after it begun, it will stop setting shots on
fire.
- If you also had other equipment available and you hold the button
past a very short tap the Flame Thrower will win and your other
equipment will not be used. Likewise, if you have Flame thrower and
something else available and you just tap the button you will use
your other equipment and not the Flame Thrower.
- The action button now flashes a bit differently.
- As before each equipment has its own color:
- ORANGE - FLAME THROWER - Set Shots on fire for 2X each
- GREEN - AMBAN RIFLE - Add-A-Ball in a multiball
- YELLOW - WHISTLING BIRDS - Spot lit shots in a Mission
- RED - JET PACK - Spot a level during an Encounter
- The button will flash of the color that makes sense depending on the
Equipment and where in the game you are. But if you also have the
Flame Thrower and can use it the button will now toggle between two
colors, orange and the other of the 3 colors.

3 months later
#4436 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

What’s everyone’s strategy for handling VUK ejects? Live catches, drop catches, dead bounces, etc.?

So far I’ve had the most success with live catches, but every approach I’ve tried has been somewhat unpredictable with balls going out of control. I think I need to get better at my live catch timing…

I can pretty consistently catch the ball with a live catch on the left flipper, on occasion, when I want the ball on the right flipper, I'll try dead bounces as well but those usually just end up back on the left flipper anyway.

#4437 2 years ago

So I adjusted my u turn switch awhile back and all was good for awhile but shots to the uturn are starting to not register the occasional switch hit again. This really sucks when you are trying for super skill shot or super jackpot...nail the shot and...NOTHING. There has got to be a way to get this important shot to be more consistent.

I was thinking about adding some lexan above the lane to prevent the ball from bouncing over the switch, but I'm also thinking about adding a one way gate to slow the ball down a little bit because I really dislike the way the ball bounces out of that shot.

But I guess that wacky, inconsistent feed when shooting the U-turn is just kind of part of the game, hey?

2 weeks later
#4589 2 years ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

Since Mezel Mods has been out of stock of the upgrade kit I emailed PU Parts to see if they'd ship to the US but was directed back to Mezel. Mezel was included on the email thread and said they'd order more upgrade kits from PU Parts.

What do these upgrade kits include/fix?

1 month later
#4885 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you need any help removing the ramp to reapply it search my posts in this thread I have done a couple of walkthroughs for it.

Thankfully that ramp is quite easy to remove: a nut below the playfield and 2 screws above, I believe.

#4917 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Anybody got a Mando Pro that can tell me how this is supposed to look? The post was loose so i snugged the nut down but it looks like someone at Stern just slopped together whatever they had with a long ass screw

It really seems like that should be a post stud like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4002-1. I wonder if every game is set up like that and why they chose to do it that way.

#4931 1 year ago
Quoted from douglasHicks:

I tried searching the thread before asking...but is anyone having issues with the u-turn on the Pro?

This is a new issue for me. It *never* happened during the first few months of play.

Now, ~30% of my u-turn shots are not registering. I'll hit the shot (while going for the super skill shot), but do not get credit.

I think you probably just need to make that switch more sensitive by bending the metal actuator wire up higher/make it bush the microswitch earlier. The machine I've got had that issue as well, then I adjusted it and have literally had 0 shots NOT register since then. I was actually quite surprised to be honest.

#4944 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

* move the super spinner scoring on lcd as it covers razorcrest shot progress ...this really pisses me off
* increase ambush values or/and add rewards... as it stands the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

I definitely agree with both of these. For ambush, I think you could make it worth some beskar. that would definitely make me more likely to actually play it and not just time it out.

#4963 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

AMBUSH
This mini-wizard mode can be quite lucrative or it can award very little.
It is all about a value that can be locked in and then collected on the right ramp. You can build
the value and can keep it going as long as you want. Then you can collect it on the ramp when
you are ready

The use of the term "mini-wizard mode" here is funny. I believe Dwight uses the term for a mode that basically locks you out of all other things which actual mini-wizard modes tend to do but that isn't what makes them mini-wizard modes. If anything, Ambush is the complete opposite of a mini-wizard mode because you literally need to do NOTHING to qualify it because it is available only when nothing else is happening.

1 week later
#5019 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

You must be a popular guy, I can’t even get one answer sometimes.

No.

3 weeks later
#5187 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Glad to be in the club. Got a Mando pro off route and I'm having a great time playing it. It had some issues due to the 5,000+ plays. One of the issues was the U-turn not registering. I added a felt pad to the U-turn and am registering almost every hit. Thought I should post a picture for anyone who is having this issue and looking for a cheap and easy solution.

I bent the switch arm up to activate as high as possible without becoming a ball trap on a ball that dribbles in. Since then I don't think Ive had a single shot that didn't register.

#5211 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I time it out right when it starts. If I accidentally make a shot and it gets into ambush it takes too long to timeout.

Truly the sign of a great mode or feature.

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Can anybody who really enjoys Mandalorian tell me whether I should make the same investment into a Star Wars premium? I absolutely love my Mandalorian premium even though it gets so much hate from others, is Star Wars a similar story or should I just avoid it?

From a layout perspective it might be a great compliment to Mando. Mando has lots of close shots and quick returns, Star Wars has further away shots and lots of flow.

#5327 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

any concensus on best solution to the U turn shot on the pro just resulting in immediate drains? It just seems the ball slamming off the side rail after exiting is like 50% death on our example.

I was having that issue and was thinking about installing some sort of 1 way gate that would slow the ball down but before I did that I adjusted that rollover switch to be as sensitive (high) as possible without becoming a ball trap (I also don't think that switch has missed registering a shot since either) and after that, the ball feed became much more consistent for me so I never bothered.

#5329 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

OriginalFresh I really appreciate the post and pictures, thanks!

Question for you and anyone else: Given both flippers stopped working...and looking at the underside of the playfield in that pic, should I be focusing on the black and yellow wire that's going to the coils, or the black and purple wire that's connected to the board?

I'm trying to track everything down before resorting to taking the playfield apart, thanks.

I would look at all of these coils and see if there's a grey/orange wire broken off. They all daisy-chain together so if one broke off, any coils further down the line wouldn't be functioning.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5332 1 year ago
Quoted from BSoulMan:

I had a wire come loose, re-soldering fixed it...

Did that only kill one of your flippers though?

Edit: NVM, depending on which of the two of those grey/orange wires broke off, one or both flippers could be dead and if none of the other coils I mentioned have a broken off grey-orange wire, NickBuffaloPinball should look under the mini-pf as well.

#5347 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Turns out a wire became desoldered from a coil on the mini playfield. Once that was fixed, it started working again. Thanks for everyone's help!

Pinsiders Assemble!

2 months later
#5822 1 year ago

Is there a list of broken achievements? I started trying to go for achievements on this machine and had a couple that I thought I'd done but could just be mistaken.

Mission Master: Complete I Like Those Odds wizard mode
I got to the Wizard frenzy phase and figured that was the completion, but maybe I needed to just survive that 60 second countdown to get it?

Jack of Other Trades: Complete Hunter, Ambush, and Scope
Jack of all Trades: Complete 1 Mission, Hunter, Ambush, Scope, score one Super Jackpot and complete 1 Encounter

I'm fairly certain I did all of these criteria for both achievements. Jack of Other Trades a couple times I believe.

And I assuming the Tatooine Sunset: Score 75M in Mandalorian Madness is still unknown?

#5825 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

"The heat is on" is broken for me. I use the flame thrower at least once per game and am never awarded it.

Interesting, I seem to have that one awarded.

Try playing a two player game and see if that awards it. There are a few achievements like that with TMNT.

#5835 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

No it’s all good mate, that’s the handy thing about here, others being able to chime in, so you have to make the 3 shot super skill shot sequence on each ball and hit a different final shot of the 3? That’s damn near impossible holy shit!

Don't forget extra balls! Though this game doesn't have too many. Mode Extra Ball, Foundry extra ball and CHILD extra ball? But still, that's a couple more cracks at the skill shot.

#5836 1 year ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I received Mission Master when I made it through the frenzy stage at the end.

Jack of other/Jack of all I did unlock. Ambush is usually what would hold me back, as I normally time it out or hit a shot to end it early, rather than finish the mode.

What constitutes completing Ambush? Normally I just ignore it so I'm kind of unfamiliar with it.

#5857 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

What’s Tate favorite tutorial/strategy threads or YouTube videos? I’ve read the rules a few times but I’m not sure what to focus on. Looking more for score potential rather than completeness. Thanks!

Go for the "fire triangle". You do you scope and hunter to get their multipliers going, maybe grab the Amban Rifle from the foundry for an add-a-ball and start MB 1 or 3, pick off the final PF multiplier from the Boba Fet Stand ups, hold the action button to light all of your shots on fire and then profit! If you do MB 2, spend the MB building your Super Jackpot by shoot the left ramp until it maxes out at 50 Million, then wait until the Super Jackpot is lit (when you return to single ball play) to use your flame thrower and then cash out your Super Jackpot for up to 600M (if you maxed it out during the MB and have all your PF X going.

Easier said than done, but super satisfying to accomplish when you do.

#5868 1 year ago

Has anyone had the right ramp airball plastic break? If so, are replacements available? Or does anyone happen to have a template for making a new one?

4 weeks later
#5989 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Does anyone have a Star post and skinny post handy? Can you measure the width of the posts with come calipers where the rubber goes? I’m curious about the size difference.

Star Post = 11mm (sorry, no freedom units here)
Straight post = 6.75mm

2 weeks later
#6226 1 year ago
Quoted from dri:

Mind-boggling complex — for what? Lock the game down for a potential of HOW MANY POINTS? (I see awards and the endgame 5X PF multiplier as extremely valuable, but at the same time unobtainable if the drop-down ramp is involved at any capacity)

Quoted from Peanuts:

- Increased all the scores by more than 50%. The Max score for the final
shot is now 15 million which can top out at 720 million (without a Signet)
if you have all the multipliers active.

The readme mentions a final shot of 15m, but with pfX maxed out it can be 720m or something? I don't understand the math of it though" +5x (6x playfield) and the shot lit for 2x of that from flamethrower should be 12 X 15M = 180M. I must be missing something.

The extra way to light your pfX is interesting. It seems like Ambush might now be THE way to get your 6x playfield running, I feel like it should be a lot easier than lighting and completing Hunter and Scope. From my reading of the readme, it seems like once Ambush is going (WhitePhase), you shoot Red shot to move to BluePhase, shoot blue shot to go back to WhitePhase, if you were to do that 5 total times but shoot the red shot instead of the blue shot the 5th time to complete the mode, you'd come out of Ambush with 6x playfield and a flamethrower in hand, all set up for the fire triangle!

#6229 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Highest I can figure is 6x playfield (+5x), times 2 for the ramp shot if qualified (12x) and then another x2 from the flamethrower (24x)... so missing one last x2 to get to 48x?
48 x 15M = 720M....

Oh yeah, the right ramp X. I guess EACH 2x standup target double the shot value? So 15m x 6 (full pfX) x 2 (flamethrower) x 2 (left standup) x 2 (right standup) = 720m. I've never been too sure about those targets but that would get us to the 720m value.

#6230 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Thanks again Dwight for the update!

Do you plan to update the game rulesheet in order to reflect the latest additions?

fyi, the Tiltforums rulesheet is already updated courtesy of CaptainBzarre.

#6290 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I installed smaller posts on my pop bumpers and now they won’t register when hit is the adjustment off? Here is a picture of the bumper ; does that center trigger have to be above the rubber or behind it as shown in pic ? Thank you I’ll be thrilled if I can get this working

The switches are likely always closed now. The smaller posts will move the rubber ring closer to the switch so you'll need to slightly adjust the gap between the two blades of the switch. When either of the switches close, the slingshot fires so the further the switch blades are from one another, the less sensitive the slingshots will be.

#6296 1 year ago

I just want to say. Resist the urge to adjust those switches without a proper switch adjustment tool. You can buy one from every pinball parts supplier. You don't want to mangle them.

While I agree that you should have and usually use a proper switch adjustment tool, I feel like a flat head screwdriver, especially the miniature ones, work really well for widening the gap between the switch blades, but the adjustment tool is much better equipped to close that gap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, VA
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=shaub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.