IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0093 (resized).JPG
IMG_9944 (resized).JPG
IMG_9943 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 Custom apron card option (paid) for Mando Posted by Mr_Tantrum (2 years ago)

Post #170 Steps to access ball guide under right ramp Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #189 Adding washer under ball guide in U turn to prevent digging into PF Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #260 Rulesheet published by Stern Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #325 zip tie hack for the broken ramp diverter Posted by bernieberg (2 years ago)

Post #463 Signs of premiums starting to ship and surprise Randy signature Posted by scootss (2 years ago)

Post #535 Photos of how the left ramp can crack past stock protectors Posted by Clytor (2 years ago)

Post #593 Rubber pad option to help bounce backs on scoop and diverter Posted by NightTrain (2 years ago)

Post #767 Dwight Explains the Top Post intended behavior Posted by Xaqery (2 years ago)

Post #965 Playfield Code Name for Mando - Jennie Posted by KnockerPTSD (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

It’s in the gameroom

Did those apron cards come with it?

2 weeks later
#463 2 years ago

Premiums are on the line. And some owners are getting a special gift...

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10159628392809244

Premiums on the line (resized).pngPremiums on the line (resized).png

1 month later
#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Turns out the bubble level wasn’t in correctly and was out of the two divets. Now I feel slightly less insane.

As a general rule…never use the bubble level. It’s better than nothing for an operator, but you’re never going to get it perfectly with that.

Not to mention that it needs to be level side-to-side as well…so you’ll need to use a real level (or the pin guy app) anyway.

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Whoa! When did Stern start putting support rails in Pros?

Elwin demanded them on Jurassic Park and I believe they became standard after that.

1 week later
#1667 2 years ago

Lots of comments about code fixes...

Completely uninformed speculation....they wait until the next release is ready with the insider connected features. That has probably caused a bit of a delay...

1 week later
#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

The second Mando premium run was planned for Oct.

Was...or still IS?

2 months later
#2754 2 years ago

For those waiting on Premiums...

Just got word that mine is on the way via Cointaker and ships Monday.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

1 week later
#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Does it means the models produced in november comes with Insidee Connected?

Yes. Mandos are shipping with IC but it it not yet enabled in the code (due to licensor - disney - approval not yet granted)

#2868 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I noticed the apron on some of those IC-Equipped Mando Pros didn't have any Randy Martinez artwork around the QR reader, that's kind of a bummer. I wonder if that's also due to a lack of licensor approval?

More likely a lack of desire to go back and make new art. Definitely simpler for them to just put the same, original arch on all the new builds of old machines.

Quoted from JStoltz:

Fingers crossed the prem/LE aprons get a little more artistic flair like Godzilla did. I thought the surrounding artwork on Godzilla looked great.

Completely agree, but I wouldn't hold your breath...

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My distributor was told premiums are shipping in 2 weeks. They should be on the line now if that’s true

I just got a call from the shipping company to schedule delivery of my premium for Monday of next week. So they’ve at least made some already…

#2931 2 years ago

What is the best rules/tutorial video out there?

I've found a few, but trying to find one that explains it succinctly like those amazing PAPA videos. Bowen, we need you!

#2952 2 years ago

This was supposed to be the post where I tell you how my premium arrived, and it was IC ready and the art for the IC was great. But…

Build date is aug. no IC.

Dying to know where this pin came from. Ordered in June, built in Aug, arrives in Dec.

Very happy it’s here though!

80E2369C-361B-4BA2-8E8D-7031B9BCBA14 (resized).jpeg80E2369C-361B-4BA2-8E8D-7031B9BCBA14 (resized).jpeg
#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Probably kept on hold until missing parts came back in stock.

Good point. I assumed that build date = completion date, but I suppose that's not necessarily the case...

#3032 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thanks all for helping, to clarify, in Etcher, you can only select one file to flash so I can't select both files. However, are you saying that I can just copy and paste the files onto a thumb drive and then insert into the machine for the update?

Correct. Copy just those two files onto a USB stick. Turn the pin off. Put in the USB stick. Turn on the pin.

Don't touch the SD card at all.

1 week later
#3157 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Does anyone have a link or video on how to properly put on a cliffy in the shooter lane for Mando?

I used this to install on a premium last week…

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s a tough game - everything is so close to the flippers and any bricked shots are really punished. And the whole right side are very narrow shots. Not a game for shooting on the fly. In fact most shots are better backhanded.

This sums up my experience with it. I’m enjoying it but is definitely a game more appropriate for pinheads than casuals.

That said, it is intense and when you have a good few shots under the time pressure with the playfield red…it is a great game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#3238 2 years ago
Quoted from mike21878:

From reading through these posts, and the stern insider threads, am I right in saying that we should NOT see the net menu when flipping through the service menu? I'm guessing that'll be activated once the Mouse allows stern to take it online?

Correct. It should appear after you do "one last" update via USB that enables IC.

1 week later
#3334 2 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Anyone seen freebee apron cards options available? I'm not a fan of the silver cards on the Premium. I like the set on Ebay, but $19 shipped seems slightly steep for something I can print. TIA.

This is the way.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/25#post-6347659

One small trick...print on photo paper and use a black sharpie on the edges. Makes it look much better.

2 weeks later
#3609 2 years ago
Quoted from Tippyroad:

Abe flips on YouTube.

The best!
Part 1:

Part 2:

but all of his stuff is worth watching.

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Just got a Premium with Insider Connect, but is it not operational yet?

Unfortunately, that's right. Most people thing it is pending licensor (disney) approval.

1 week later
#3778 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Stern should have gone the extra mile to tailor the color scheme to each machine’s color palette.

The aprons on Premiums announced after IC (Godzilla and later) do a good job with this. The pros....notsomuch.

3 weeks later
#4367 2 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Warning, old man rant here, but my mando premium came with the Stern Insider kit thing and I totally hate it. I don't like the stupid bright red nonsense and QR codes on my pin and I don't like a bright white square while I am playing a game. I can take the crap off but it looks like I will need to order a new apron and right decal?

Old man rants are always welcome

But...I would suggest giving it a try. The code has been out only 24 hrs so perhaps you haven't given it a good run-through yet. It doesn't cost you anything and it gives you a whole new way to approach the game with the 83 achievements.
(https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/109/achievements)

On my Aerosmith, I got a lot of the achievements quickly, but now when I step up to the pin I often go with a goal of getting one of those remaining achievements.

As for the bright white square, I've never noticed it while I'm playing.

</end young man rant>

1 week later
#4476 2 years ago
Quoted from BWelch:

Do the skinny posts enable passing between flippers? This is something I can rarely do on this pin.

If you're having trouble post passing, just remember that there's other ways to pass between flippers without using the post.

Tap Pass -

Schatz -

1 month later
#4785 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Don't want this to come off as complaining, but do others find this game as frustrating as I do? Miss a shot and it's in outlane, hit the slings and it's in the outlane. Just when I get something going, it's in the outlane. I'm on factory outlane settings and 7 degree pitch, hesitate to move the outlane posts in. It's so brutal, to the point of wanting to sell it, which I really don't want to do, but I just may do it. Just played like 10 games, high was 187, but most were like 10-40 mil. My high i think is around 400 mil. When you do have that one great game, it's really satisfying and it does have that push the start button one more time feel to it, but man is it a frustrating game. It's as if the geometry is off, forcing the ball to the outlane more than any other game I've played. Likely because the shots are just too close.

I completely agree. Most games...the more I play it...the more I like it. With mando...the more I play the more frustrated I get.

I'll give the 6.5 degree pitch a shot...

2 weeks later
#4952 1 year ago
Quoted from WillSVT:

Regarding lower flipper power, I've maintained mine at stock only because of flipper power drop-off after extended play.

I assume this is due to solenoid or driver heat-up, and I also assume a lower power setting would further reduce power after extended play? It starts to get tough to make it up the right scoop

This is the way
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

1 week later
#5055 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Auto launch is super weak all of a sudden. It was set to 240 but even at 255 it never makes it all the way around. It did a few months ago. Any thoughts?

Take a slo-mo video with your phone (and as dtrimberger mentioned) - you'll quickly see if it is an issue with it bouncing down the shooter lane...

2 weeks later
#5138 1 year ago
Quoted from ArmyChris:Do you guys consider this to be a newbie friendly game?

No. The proximity of shots (and so, so many posts) to the flippers makes it a challenging game from a shooting perspective. I've played every Stern Spike 2 game and I can't think of one that is more brutal.

BUT....as others have said...it will make you a better player. And tweak to make it easier...lower your outlane posts, reduce sling sensitivity, maybe play 5 balls instead of 3.

2 months later
#5812 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is it just me or is Mando everyone else’s most brutal pin?

Agreed. It’s post city 9 inches from the flippers.

4 months later
#6882 1 year ago
Quoted from Knippen8:

Does anyone have a good solution to stop the right return from moving? I've had this game for only a week, and it's moved twice already. It seems really difficult to stay there with only a single screw.

It's constantly moving and then getting a ball stuck here.

Is there any adjustment you can make on the other end of the wireform? I had a similar issue with godzilla. I kept adjusting at the inlane and it kept moving. After I adjusted and tightened at the other end, it never moved again.

9 months later
#7600 4 months ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

Hi guys. Quick question. I've noticed there are some moments where the lighting goes dark on this game.

When the child grabs and throws it out the gi goes dark for a moment. Similar dark moments during some of the modes.

I assume this is intended but I want to be sure.

This is normal right?

Yes, normal.

Welcome to the world of games coded by Dwight Sullivan. It can be maddening at times.

1 month later
#7683 3 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

I recently got venom and that game is hard to get the shots and very fast but I love it.

I think the biggest difference you will see between the two is that many of the shots on Mando are much closer to the flippers. The game punishes inaccurate shots.

I have the premium, but would probably recommend the pro. The moving upper playfield doesn't really add much to the game, IMO. The biggest downside of the pro is the plastic ramps, but you can upgrade those.

#7706 3 months ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

That wire coming off the left flipper on the mini-playfield is pretty common, unfortunately.

I literally just did this repair 10 minutes ago!

#7710 3 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

For future reference...

Thank you. I used exactly that post and it was helpful.

One suggestion I noticed (only after it was too late) in the thread that isn't in those instructions is that you can unscrew the hex screws just enough to rotate the locks, rather than removing them entirely. That would make it a bit easier.

That said, impressive mech overall and kudos to stern on making it easy to remove and service. (3 screws and 2 molex)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scootss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club?tu=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.